Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 263)

Showing posts 5,241 - 5,260 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Its an interesting argument but the fact remains that blodiest regimes in history, the ones that took part in mass death camps were millions were killed, were all expressley atheist.
But I fail to see what this has to do my post.
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Who wants to kill everyone on the planet except 8 people?(and wich 8?)

What about the enviromentalist's and their plan for "voluntary self extinction" - Seriously, its a movment were everyone on the planet kills themselves at the same time in order to save earth from human kind.

If yourrefering to the story of Noah, your probably thinking of the grade school version most people are aware of.

In the Torah version they speak of the flood covering the entire "land" were ZNoah and his people lived... and he gathered all the animals of "the land"...

So its often interpreted to be of a much smaller scale flood than the entire planet.. As such it seems much more plausable for both Noah to cather all the animals and for a flood that size to be possible.

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Fitz wrote:
Who wants to kill everyone on the planet except 8 people?(and wich 8?)
What about the enviromentalist's and their plan for "voluntary self extinction" - Seriously, its a movment were everyone on the planet kills themselves at the same time in order to save earth from human kind.
If yourrefering to the story of Noah, your probably thinking of the grade school version most people are aware of.
In the Torah version they speak of the flood covering the entire "land" were ZNoah and his people lived... and he gathered all the animals of "the land"...
So its often interpreted to be of a much smaller scale flood than the entire planet.. As such it seems much more plausable for both Noah to cather all the animals and for a flood that size to be possible.
That's not what the Bible says. But this still has nothing to do with my view that a person that has only one life feels compelled not to throw it away.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>That doesn't come any where close to killing everyone on the planet except 8 people.
Aren't you lucky that your relatives were two of the eight.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Sceptic would love to destroy all theists. He has the same idea as Hitler.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Fitz wrote:
Yes, land animals. I think it's pretty clear that the story is about a global flood.

Gen 6:7 - God regrets making all these jerk humans and will destroy them. Definitely not a "humans are cool, but this tribe sucks".

And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Gen 6:17 - Flooding the Earth, everything in the Earth will die. Not local.

I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and *every thing that is in the earth shall die*
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what the Bible says. But this still has nothing to do with my view that a person that has only one life feels compelled not to throw it away.
That is what the Bible says... I dont know what translation your using, but you need to get another one...or simply take my word for it..

As for your point.. It is true that atheists kill themselves at a greater percentage of the population than do religious believers.. I dont know if you were aware of that little known fact, but it is accurate.

As far as your rejoinder goes I think its pretty good point except your forgetting that suicide is considered to be "self murder" in Christianity and Judiaism. So the believer who kills himself dosent get to go to heaven, he goes to hell for murdering himself...a pretty big disincentive I would think.

Meanwhile the atheist dosent believe in an afterlife so he gets basically a everlasting sleep were he dosent exist and is free from the pain or greif he experiences in this world. Also, the believer compared to the unbeliever is prone to not see any iultimante purpose to existance, that his life is void of meaning and has no real cosmic signifigance. If he is not enjoying life, or life has disapointed him there is no real reason to go on living.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
That makes no sense!
Ah ha!
There in lies the point of Atheisim.

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Fitz wrote:
That is what the Bible says... I dont know what translation your using, but you need to get another one...or simply take my word for it..
Gen. 7:17-24 of the KJV is pretty clear on the subject. No interpretation needed.
Fitz wrote:
It is true that atheists kill themselves at a greater percentage of the population than do religious believers..
Reference please.
Fitz wrote:
Meanwhile the atheist dosent believe in an afterlife so he gets basically a everlasting sleep were he dosent exist and is free from the pain or greif he experiences in this world.
After raising 3 kids, sleep will be welcomed.
Fitz wrote:
Also, the believer compared to the unbeliever is prone to not see any iultimante purpose to existance,
So believers are more nihilistic than non believers? Wow, I think you just defeated your own argument against atheism. Well done.

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
As for your point.. It is true that atheists kill themselves at a greater percentage of the population than do religious believers.. I dont know if you were aware of that little known fact, but it is accurate.
As far as your rejoinder goes I think its pretty good point except your forgetting that suicide is considered to be "self murder" in Christianity and Judiaism. So the believer who kills himself dosent get to go to heaven, he goes to hell for murdering himself...a pretty big disincentive I would think.
Meanwhile the atheist dosent believe in an afterlife so he gets basically a everlasting sleep were he dosent exist and is free from the pain or greif he experiences in this world. Also, the believer compared to the unbeliever is prone to not see any iultimante purpose to existance, that his life is void of meaning and has no real cosmic signifigance. If he is not enjoying life, or life has disapointed him there is no real reason to go on living.
You are right in your analysis.

A believer has some hope even in the worst of condition, so he hangs on to the hope and does not kill himself / herself.

An atheist on the other hand has no hope of anything. He or she will themselves whenever they think that going is too rough.

They lead the life, unloved and unsung and they also die like that.

I do not know what are their last rites? They are lowered in their graves "In the name of Charles Darwin...."?

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right in your analysis.
A believer has some hope even in the worst of condition, so he hangs on to the hope and does not kill himself / herself.
An atheist on the other hand has no hope of anything. He or she will themselves whenever they think that going is too rough.
I do not know what are their last rites? They are lowered in their graves "In the name of Charles Darwin...."?
Don't project your theist loathing and nihilism on atheists. Just because you can't imagine a life outside your God's a-hole doesn't mean nobody else can. If you can't imagine a good moral life without a belief in an imaginary being than by all means DO NOT LEAVE YOUR FU&KING CHURCH. Without your religion you would run amok killing and raping? Is that what you're saying?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>You are right in your analysis.

Actually I have seen some so called atheists who asked God for forgiveness when they were dying. Why wait until the last minute?

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I have seen some so called atheists who asked God for forgiveness when they were dying. Why wait until the last minute?
No you haven't.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>No you haven't.
Denial. I have, I guess they change when time is starting to run out.

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
If we take theists at their word, and just about all theists claim they know numerous atheists, then our numbers have to be close to half of the population of the U.S.

Just about every individual theist that posts here know more atheists than I do.

This guy claims to have seen several die.

hahahaaa What a hoot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it
They're dead already.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>If we take theists at their word, and just about all theists claim they know numerous atheists, then our numbers have to be close to half of the population of the U.S.

Just about every individual theist that posts here know more atheists than I do.

This guy claims to have seen several die.

hahahaaa What a hoot.
I have made this claim before and it has happened. Now I am not saying I know more atheists than you, but the ones I witnessed did ask for forgiveness. I don't care if you take my word, that's not my concern.

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
They're dead already.
Sorry, anectdotes don't prove anything.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
I have made this claim before and it has happened. Now I am not saying I know more atheists than you, but the ones I witnessed did ask for forgiveness. I don't care if you take my word, that's not my concern.
Sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,241 - 5,260 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Just wondering 172
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Buck Crick 224,012
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 1 hr Buck Crick 356
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr Buck Crick 21,375
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr Thinking 831
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 5 hr Patrick 1,285
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 5 hr Carchar king 4
•••
•••