Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14715 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#5440 Feb 10, 2013
The proof is in the puddin'. Non-believers have significantly more lifetime suicide attempts than believers because they have fewer reasons to stay alive. Non-believers exhibit more impulsivity, aggression and substance abuse.
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#5441 Feb 10, 2013
The 9/11 bombers say otherwise.

BBSting wrote:
The proof is in the puddin'. Non-believers have significantly more lifetime suicide attempts than believers because they have fewer reasons to stay alive. Non-believers exhibit more impulsivity, aggression and substance abuse.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#5442 Feb 10, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.
And you are too dumb to understand why.
No not at all I see your point now.
I think it's funny that I was careful enough to point out it was from Milton and still someone had issues with it.

Location hidden

#5443 Feb 10, 2013
Thinking wrote:
The 9/11 bombers say otherwise.
<quoted text>
9/11 bombers demonstrate that every ideology has its fringe extremists.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#5444 Feb 10, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for the fact that they did it because of religious belief. The main danger behind your cults - taking life based on a myth.
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#5445 Feb 10, 2013
Non sequitur.
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5446 Feb 10, 2013
Ahhhhh......there's something about the aroma of marinara sauce simmering on the stove....its down right soulful I tell ya. The problem with Atheists is that other than April Fool's Day, they have no holidays. Vita e' Bella.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#5447 Feb 10, 2013
BBSting wrote:
Assuming for the sake of argument that's is true, it wouldn't argue for the existence of god. It would just show that ignorance is bliss.

Location hidden

#5448 Feb 10, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for the fact that they did it because of religious belief. The main danger behind your cults - taking life based on a myth.
Atheists have killed without religious belief. So what? You will find killers in every creed or lack thereof.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#5449 Feb 10, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>Atheists have killed without religious belief. So what? You will find killers in every creed or lack thereof.
I agree.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5450 Feb 10, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists have killed without religious belief. So what? You will find killers in every creed or lack thereof.
Bravo! Well said.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#5451 Feb 10, 2013
But Atheists are less prone to kill because they have no afterlife.

Location hidden

#5452 Feb 10, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
But Atheists are less prone to kill because they have no afterlife.
What?

That makes no sense!

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#5453 Feb 10, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
That makes no sense!
What he's saying is; why would you throw away the only life you get? That's why the poster he replied to is just pulling things out of their ass.
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#5454 Feb 10, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
What he's saying is; why would you throw away the only life you get? That's why the poster he replied to is just pulling things out of their ass.
Its an interesting argument but the fact remains that blodiest regimes in history, the ones that took part in mass death camps were millions were killed, were all expressley atheist.

Nunya

#5455 Feb 10, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Its an interesting argument but the fact remains that blodiest regimes in history, the ones that took part in mass death camps were millions were killed, were all expressley atheist.
That doesn't come any where close to killing everyone on the planet except 8 people.

Nunya

#5456 Feb 10, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
But I fail to see what this has to do my post.
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#5457 Feb 10, 2013
Who wants to kill everyone on the planet except 8 people?(and wich 8?)

What about the enviromentalist's and their plan for "voluntary self extinction" - Seriously, its a movment were everyone on the planet kills themselves at the same time in order to save earth from human kind.

If yourrefering to the story of Noah, your probably thinking of the grade school version most people are aware of.

In the Torah version they speak of the flood covering the entire "land" were ZNoah and his people lived... and he gathered all the animals of "the land"...

So its often interpreted to be of a much smaller scale flood than the entire planet.. As such it seems much more plausable for both Noah to cather all the animals and for a flood that size to be possible.

Nunya

#5458 Feb 10, 2013
Fitz wrote:
Who wants to kill everyone on the planet except 8 people?(and wich 8?)
What about the enviromentalist's and their plan for "voluntary self extinction" - Seriously, its a movment were everyone on the planet kills themselves at the same time in order to save earth from human kind.
If yourrefering to the story of Noah, your probably thinking of the grade school version most people are aware of.
In the Torah version they speak of the flood covering the entire "land" were ZNoah and his people lived... and he gathered all the animals of "the land"...
So its often interpreted to be of a much smaller scale flood than the entire planet.. As such it seems much more plausable for both Noah to cather all the animals and for a flood that size to be possible.
That's not what the Bible says. But this still has nothing to do with my view that a person that has only one life feels compelled not to throw it away.

Location hidden

#5459 Feb 10, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>That doesn't come any where close to killing everyone on the planet except 8 people.
Aren't you lucky that your relatives were two of the eight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 32 min Gary Coaldigger 12,821
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 33 min dollarsbill 247,599
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 1 hr NoahLikesPi 41
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 2 hr NoahLikesPi 20
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr Eagle 12 2,356
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 2 hr Eagle 12 47,848
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 hr macumazahn 20,900
More from around the web