Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#5099 Feb 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Zero chance. LOL!!
What a Dolt.
Then clearly you have far less understanding of probabilities and statistics than you imagine.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#5100 Feb 2, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Then clearly you have far less understanding of probabilities and statistics than you imagine.
What the chances that you're?

ZERO.

Looks like I have that probability correct.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#5101 Feb 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
What the chances that you're?
ZERO.
Looks like I have that probability correct.
Basically that is what you have for evidence of your magic sky daddy and his pixie dust. Nada!!

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#5102 Feb 2, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that really how you feel? That the Bible is full of judgement? That's so...sad. In answer to your hypothetical question: No. Nobody in their right mind would accept that judgement. It saddens me to hear that's how you perceive the Bible. There's so much beauty and love written within the pages of it. Yet all you seem to notice is the negative. Not the message as a whole. So so so sad. I mean heartbreakingly sad. I honestly don't know what to say to that.
No... that is not how I perceive the Bible. The Bible is nothing but a tool used to control people by using the threat of eternal damnation and the promise of eternal life held out by their religious leaders. It is a book used to justify evil. It is a book used to stifle inquiry. It is a book used to divide people.

That is how I perceive the Christians that wish to pass laws that govern everyone based on their belief that the words written in The Bible are a factual account of history!

It is how I feel about the Christians that want to have their creation myth taught alongside the Theory of Evolution to public school students in science class as if there were actually scientific merit to it!!

It is how I feel about Christians that want to cram their beliefs on everyone because they choose to think of this nation founded on Christian beliefs!!!

It is how I feel about Christians that will hold up the Bible and condemn a particular group of people as being an abomination after getting home from a long day of work on the Sabbath, while wearing cotton pants and a polyester blend sweater, getting ready to head to Red Lobster for dinner!!!!

It's how I feel about hypocritical religious nut-jobs in general.
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#5103 Feb 2, 2013
Do you really think they needed landing strips?
Bad_Hair_Day wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I saying that Ancient Aliens brought the knowledge of the Brazilian Wax to the women of pre-history? Of course not but the evidence is compelling.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#5104 Feb 2, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't answer your question from a scientific perspective as science cannot prove or disprove the existence of God.
I'm glad you finally admitted that Science has no proof for God.

On the other hand, I expect a Poe to be inconsistent.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#5105 Feb 2, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
You might enjoy this essay. http://www.bidstrup.com/bible.htm
Very interesting. I'll have to ponder this one..
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#5106 Feb 2, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Stolen from a T-shirt
Christianity: Because we are so horrid, we made God kill himself.
No god did not kill himself, he was killed by his own creations. You should tell the truth , always!!
Klink

Cameron, MO

#5108 Feb 2, 2013
Like in Russia, China and north Korea - through violent genocide.

Ban atheism.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#5109 Feb 2, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. The Jewish historian, Josephus, documented the lives of many Biblical people. We can talk about the weather if you'd like. ;)
Do you mean Flavius Josephus, "the Jewish Benedict Arnold" for betraying his own troops? One has to wonder why his work was discounted

Yes, I suppose we'd be better off talking about the weather;)

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#5110 Feb 2, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, how much "evidence," "validation" is enough for you? I mean it's not that people haven't presented evidence in one way or another. You just choose not to accept it. It doesn't meet your criteria? No matter. I've had a chance to step back and calm down a little. I allowed myself to get angry (darn you Irish temper). Not at the fact that you believe differently. I'm cool with that. But by the arrogance and aggression you (as a belief system) bring to the table. I enjoy discussing different view points on...whatever. I love chatting it up with all manner of people from various religious backgrounds. We each bring something new and interesting to the table, and i can almost always find something beautiful in each religion. Even if i don't believe that way myself. Thats not the case with atheism. There's something about the arrogance and outright hatred of any belief contrary to their own that i find quite ugly. Atheists are the only group who cannot seem to present their view point in a respectful manner. Aggression and anger seem to be the status quo. Honestly, that baffles me. Not here to preach (though i will defend my viewpoints if you wanna go there) or convert. That's above my pay grade. I just think that people can express their different view points in a respectful manner without all the hatred and aggression. Again, not being catty. Just honest.
I have always found that when I dare speak against someone's sacred beliefs, they become shocked and offended no matter how I try to present it.

Arrogant? Perhaps, but I have found that laying in a hospital bed that it's perfectly all right for a complete stanger to come in the room and ask if I'm "right with the Lord." That, to me, is the height of arrogance.

When someone who knows I am an atheist says they will pray for me, I find it offensive. Those that threaten me with hellfire and eternal damnation are the angry ones, JIMHO.

We are on opposite sides of the fence and there is bound to be some friction, no doubt. But I honestly think the arrogance of the 'saved' and the anger of the judgemental is equally on both sides.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#5111 Feb 2, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I already addressed my opinion on the nonentity/burden of proof thingy. I'm really over it. It's boring and dull. I believe God is real. You don't have to. You are a free human being. I can respect you even if we don't see eye to eye. Keep your misguided anger off my doorstep, and we're cool. Quite frankly, I'm not the cause of it. I'd love to hear more about your pink unicorn you got out in the backyard.
Lol, thank you;0)

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#5112 Feb 2, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
1 The fool says in his heart,
“There is no God.”
They are corrupt, their deeds are vile;
there is no one who does good.
2 The Lord looks down from heaven
on all mankind
to see if there are any who understand,
any who seek God.
3 All have turned away, all have become corrupt;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.
4 Do all these evildoers know nothing?
They devour my people as though eating bread;
they never call on the Lord.
5 But there they are, overwhelmed with dread,
for God is present in the company of the righteous.
6 You evildoers frustrate the plans of the poor,
but the Lord is their refuge.
7 Oh, that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion!
When the Lord restores his people,
let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad!
You post says basically:

1. I am a fool, corrupt and vile.

2. Your god is watching me.

3. Corrupt again and up to no good.

4. Now I'm an evildoer.

5. Sorry, I'm not overwhelmed with dread.

6. I'm an evildoer who does bad things to the poor?

7. Yes your bible says the Jews are the chosen people,
I know where I stand but where do you stand? You're not
Jewish either.

Whatever, you post this after accusing atheists of anger???

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#5113 Feb 3, 2013
It appears the true meaning of this thread is to go on and on in a never ending cycle of insanity and intense (not altogether intellectual) debate over a God that you don't even believe in to begin with. Talk about obsession. Or perhaps you simply need something to do. You know, whatever passes the time. As a person with a somewhat functional brain, it stands to reason that if you were at all serious about disproving the existence of God once and for all you surely would have done it by now. Or at the very least shut the hell up about it. Instead of gathering together in a circle discussing exactly how badly you hate religion. As well as taking your frustration out on those of us who sincerely choose to believe in something greater than ourselves. As if it were any of your business at all. Perhaps the next time you decide to have circle time, it would do well for at least one of ya to bring a little marijuana to your little narcissistic gathering of the mind. Be sure to inhale deeply so as to get the full benefit of one of mother natures many pleasures. Maybe this way you'll finally lighten the fuck up and stop bringing the rest of us down with your never ending quest for "enlightenment."

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#5114 Feb 3, 2013
I don't altogether like the way certain members or organizations (religious or otherwise) in society treat me all the time either. But you don't see me crying like a little bitch about it. I grab my nuts (trust me I've got em), remind myself I'm a grown adult, and simply go on about my business. It's not religion's fault that you have a problem with it. That's all you. Perhaps you should turn those analytical brains of yours back upon yourselves in attempt to figure out what you believe as a human being. If not God then what? Perhaps you should find your passion and follow it. Instead of thoughtlessly lashing out at others for following theirs.

Location hidden

#5115 Feb 3, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
It appears the true meaning of this thread is to go on and on in a never ending cycle of insanity and intense (not altogether intellectual) debate over a God that you don't even believe in to begin with. Talk about obsession. Or perhaps you simply need something to do. You know, whatever passes the time. As a person with a somewhat functional brain, it stands to reason that if you were at all serious about disproving the existence of God once and for all you surely would have done it by now. Or at the very least shut the hell up about it. Instead of gathering together in a circle discussing exactly how badly you hate religion. As well as taking your frustration out on those of us who sincerely choose to believe in something greater than ourselves. As if it were any of your business at all. Perhaps the next time you decide to have circle time, it would do well for at least one of ya to bring a little marijuana to your little narcissistic gathering of the mind. Be sure to inhale deeply so as to get the full benefit of one of mother natures many pleasures. Maybe this way you'll finally lighten the fuck up and stop bringing the rest of us down with your never ending quest for "enlightenment."
There's no such thing as god until you are able to prove it. You've had since the beginning of time itself to do it but are unable to do so, yet you arrogantly assume that god is real and blame atheists for your frustration at this reality. You've been shown over and over time and time again in this thread and you attempt to summarise it has failed. Go away and leave this thread and ask the people that brainwashed you for the proof of god instead of lying about it, conveting nobody to your hallucination / mental illness.

Location hidden

#5116 Feb 3, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
I don't altogether like the way certain members or organizations (religious or otherwise) in society treat me all the time either. But you don't see me crying like a little bitch about it. I grab my nuts (trust me I've got em), remind myself I'm a grown adult, and simply go on about my business. It's not religion's fault that you have a problem with it. That's all you. Perhaps you should turn those analytical brains of yours back upon yourselves in attempt to figure out what you believe as a human being. If not God then what? Perhaps you should find your passion and follow it. Instead of thoughtlessly lashing out at others for following theirs.
Not everyone has to believe in a god equivalent, you need to ask yourself why it troubles you so much...

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#5117 Feb 3, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"What proof?"
You're still so confused.
Repeat after me
There is evidence for God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
Nut!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#5118 Feb 3, 2013
Long story short your delusion is built upon this collection of ancient sheep fckers campfire stories?
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't answer your question from a scientific perspective as science cannot prove or disprove the existence of God. Nor can I speak for God. I can only speak, then, from a Christian perspective. According to what the Bible teaches us as Christians, God gives man free will. As much as the Lord desires our welfare, there is one thing he desires even more: our freedom. He allows us to choose between evil and good, and when we choose evil, it has its consequences. But neither the evil nor its consequences are His will. "I have set before you life and death, a blessing and a cursing: Therefore choose life!'(Deuteronomy 30:19) Taking away our free choice and its consequences would remove any sense of self-determination and any freely given love or freely received joy. Evil results from mankind using that precious gift of freedom to go against God's will. That is, at least, according to the Bible.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#5119 Feb 3, 2013
Sheesh you can't even copy and paste right. And what you did sht on your dinner plate there doesn't change the fact that Nazareth didn't even exist at the time Jesus was said to live.

It's just a fact, accept it your book of myths lied to you.
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
From Wikipedia:
Nazareth (pron.:/ˈnæzərəθ/; Hebrew:נָצְ Natzrat or Natzeret; Arabic:اَلن an-Nāṣira or an-Naseriyye) is the largest city in the North District of Israel. Nazareth is known as "the Arab capital of Israel"; the population is made up predominantly of Arab citizens of Israel, almost all of whom are either Muslim (69%) or Christian (30.9%).[2][3][4][5] In the New Testament, the city is described as the childhood home of Jesus, and as such is a center of Christian pilgrimage, with many shrines commemorating biblical events.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Aura Mytha 232,939
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 4 hr woodtick57 2,407
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr _Bad Company 23,208
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 4 hr _Bad Company 163
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 21 hr Thinking 3
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... Sun Mikko 2
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... Sun Thinking 3
More from around the web