Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 236)

Showing posts 4,701 - 4,720 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for making a jackass out of yourself for our amusement.
Now where's your wife?
Thinking

Newbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Why?
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You're from Glasgow.
Thinking

Newbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

What belief? There are so many.
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You know perfectly well what belief. Don't play me.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
http://www.religiouslyincorrec t.com/Articles/Atheism1.shtml
No *scientific* articles proving a God exists. Lots of blogs, but nothing scientific.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
http://m.youtube.com/#/user/Sc ientificProofofGod?&deskto p_uri=%2Fuser%2FScientificProo fofGod
Still no *scientific* articles, I see. You made a claim that science has proved God exists. Let's see the scientific papers.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>It's unknown how the first life on Earth began.

It is known that all life was not created in a single six-day event.

Langoliers wrote, "Adam and Eve had perfect DNA designed to populated the whole planet by God. He knows how to create a breeding pair of anything that is capable of populating the planet. You dictating laws to God, I'm sure am glad you shared your knowledge with God.
"

You're appealing to magic? They had special magic genes? That's convincing.
"It is known that all life was not created in a single six-day event."

This is a lie. You know nothing of the sort.

Magic? That would be rain falling on rocks and sprouting life that mutated and one day became human. Now that's magic. Your magic expects people to except billions of impossible steps to get to humans.

Believing in God is one step not billions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>I just gave you the lines of proof.
proof\ˈprüf\
noun
1 a : the cogency of evidence that compels acceptance by the mind of a truth or a fact
b : the process or an instance of establishing the validity of a statement especially by derivation from other statements in accordance with principles of reasoning
2 obsolete : experience
3 : something that induces certainty or establishes validity

You failed to do any of these.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Well when he's "in this universe" perhaps he is a mushroom growing in a steaming pile of poo! Who's to say? It's your fantasy, dream it up any way you like.
So far that's not been the case.

By the way Mushrooms don't grow in steaming piles of poo.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"It is known that all life was not created in a single six-day event."
This is a lie. You know nothing of the sort.
Yes, we do. The fossil record shows us the record of life on Earth. It directly refutes Genesis.
Langoliers wrote:
Magic? That would be rain falling on rocks and sprouting life that mutated and one day became human. Now that's magic. Your magic expects people to except billions of impossible steps to get to humans.
What steps are impossible? We know organisms evolve.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>There will always be questions about the origin of life, the universe and everything people can't answer. Some of the answers might even be beyond human comprehension. But, that doesn't mean that "Zap! God did it!". Since there is no evidence at all god exists, there is no need to even entertain the idea that he does. We can dismiss the creation myth in the book of Genesis, because it is full of absurdities.
There is evidence for the Big Bang. There is evidence for evolution.
It doesn't mean he didn't do it.

You don't know how to pan for Gold.
Be careful of what you throw out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Bet he gave himself a really big one, huh?
Man as in human.

There is no Trophy for being the crudest, and if there was liberty would have that sowed up.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Nope! I got it right the first time. Thank you very little!
What was that?
The Serpent was right?
Skeptic?
Liberty?

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you have been there and experienced it only to then turn your back on it and deny it doesn't mean it's not real. It just means somewhere along the way you were probably hurt. I'm sincerely sorry for that.
Nothing to deny and never hurt. It just isn't real, it's a shame too. My church family were nice people....at least they strived to be good and had a common goal.

It's also a shame that they thought they had to go through the flimflam of religion to attain those goals.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that God works miracles because I am one. This "retarded at best" child was actually born with above average intelligence. God has blessed me with the love of a good man and two beautiful baby girls. I have an education and a family who loves me. Do I have money in the bank? Not much. Yet I still give what I have to charity every chance I get. I am grateful. I am grateful for a chance to live and love and enjoy life. So do I believe in a God who is greater than myself? Absofuckinglutely!
You're really coming out of your erm....shell there. No longer bashful at all....you had me fooled for a while at any rate.

I'm sure you are grateful, it sounds like you've been through a lot. You can be grateful to your parents, doctors, nurses, etc. and rightly so.

Giving the credit to an invisible, nonentity is (JIMHO) a waste of time. Kiss your husband and hug your daughters, happiness is a right we all share.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Glenn wrote:
Up to now you still haventt proven /how things came to being, how a person so complex such as yourselves, was made. You cant owe it to evolution because even evolution came from somewhere. Your supposed real-know-it-all scientists has not yet touched base with this. The Darwinian Theory is still a theory
I can dismiss the story of creation in the buy-bull as being the answer, because it's clearly absurd.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
So far that's not been the case.
By the way Mushrooms don't grow in steaming piles of poo.
Unless they are "Gawd" ... hey it is supernatural crud ... it can work anyway you want it to!

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't mean he didn't do it.
You don't know how to pan for Gold.
Be careful of what you throw out.
Since there is no evidence god exists, there is no reason to even consider the idea that he did anything.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Man as in human.
There is no Trophy for being the crudest, and if there was liberty would have that sowed up.
Humans have genitalia. What are god's like?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>You're really coming out of your erm....shell there. No longer bashful at all....you had me fooled for a while at any rate.

I'm sure you are grateful, it sounds like you've been through a lot. You can be grateful to your parents, doctors, nurses, etc. and rightly so.

Giving the credit to an invisible, nonentity is (JIMHO) a waste of time. Kiss your husband and hug your daughters, happiness is a right we all share.
I don't agree with you on the first bit, but I can agree with you that happiness is a right we all share. I can't possibly kiss em enough.:)

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing to deny and never hurt. It just isn't real, it's a shame too. My church family were nice people....at least they strived to be good and had a common goal.

It's also a shame that they thought they had to go through the flimflam of religion to attain those goals.
What happened to you, if you don't mind my asking? I can relate to church hurt. Religion disgusts me with its dogma and hypocrisy. I've had preachers try to turn me against my family in an attempt to get me to marry their sons. My husband and I were even held down at the alter at a Pentecostal church one time and we weren't let up until we spoke in tongues. Believe me when I say we did not go back. I've studied religion my whole life. It fascinates me. I even dabbled in Wicca back in high school. I haven't come to believe the way I do simply because I don't know anything else. I've been out there. I've always been very vocal about my lack of faith in religion and dogma. I haven't turned my back on God, though, just because some of his people are Aholes (trying to watch my fiery Irish temper and my colorful vocabulary per the gentleman's request from earlier) But, just like you, I've known the warmth and love from a sincere church family. I guess what I'm curious about is how did you go from that to this?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,701 - 4,720 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••