Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 234)

Showing posts 4,661 - 4,680 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough with the misdirection. Feel free to feel anyway you choose about me. Just answer my one simple question. What proof or evidence do you have to support your BELIEF that God does not exist?
I have answered every question you've sent my way. Dealt with the endless insults, criticisms, and judgements. You've asked me for scientific proof of God's existence, and I've provided you with it. Yet nobody, not a single one of you, will answer my very simple question. Where's the logic in that?

Do you believe in The Flying Spaghetti Monster? If not, what proof or evidence do you have to support your BELIEF that the FSM does not exist?

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Ray Comfort and his "dezined buhnanner".
What a joke.
Howdy "scaritual"! Does you know if ol' Ray still use that argument after being bitch-slapped with the history of the banana?

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough with this. I have explained and given links to articles which discuss proof of a great flood in the area indicated in the Bible. There is satellite imagery proving that the ark IS at the top of Mt. Ararat. Either the Bible is historically, archaeologically, scientifically accurate or it isn't. You don't get to split hairs. That is not logical AT ALL. You've asked me for scientific proof of God's existence, and I've given it to you. I ask you one simple question and you misdirect and attempt to poke holes where there are none. Again I ask you, what proof or evidence do you have to support your BELIEF that God is not real?
Anybody can look, you clearly said the links indicated people had found the Ark, yet they said the opposite. And that looking of the Ark was pointless.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Y ou_Can_Lead_an_Atheist_to_Evid ence,_but_You_Can't_Make_Him_T hink
BTW, you just linked to a dissection of Comforts book and its/his ridiculous nature.

Well done.

hAHAHAAA

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The only bigotry I see here is your own. Call the deity whatever you choose. It's still a lack of belief in it.
Yep "lack of belief" and NOT another belief system. Just like bald is a "lack of hair" and NOT another hair color.

So let's call the deity Shiva. The Bagavad Gita (the Hindu holy book) says that it doesn't matter which deity you pray to, Shiva answers all.

Can you prove that Shiva doesn't exist?

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
THANK YOU!! Finally an honest answer to a very simple question. " Is there a God? I don't know." Let's ignore the fact for now that the existence of God CAN scientifically be proven. Let's ignore for now the various misconceptions you seem to have about religions and those who choose to believe in them. You just answered my question in complete honesty and COMPLETELY proven atheism to be FALSE. You cannot prove that there is no God (even though science has proven his existence again and again throughout history) because there is no scientific evidence to do so. Thus your belief in the absence of God is ILLOGICAL and FALSE. And your violent hatred for all those who choose to believe in the painfully (scientifically proven) obvious fact that there is a God is uncalled for terribly misguided. Thank you, person, for finally admitting the truth!! I am done here. Have a great day!
Run away! Can't blame you for being embarrassed!
DaBroad

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Ray Comfort and his "dezined buhnanner".
What a joke.
Yep. A banana was indeed designed - by humans. Those trees have gone through generations and generations of careful breeding and cultivation to produce the "designed" banana.
Hand that fellow a real, wild banana. Inedible, seedy, nasty little things. Which are, unfortunately, becoming harder to find. The over-cultivation that has produced the "cavendish" banana - that lovely, easy to hold and peel fruit with no pesky seeds and sweet flavor - has left the commercial banana vulnerable to disease. Because the cavendish doesn't reproduce via seeds, but is propagated by cuttings, it has also caused the bat populations to be decimated in many areas. But, who cares? We have the "designer" banana, who needs bats?
Really, I am always amazed by people who will just believe what they are told without even looking into sources and causes.
If anyone is interested in finding out about bananas, and about bats, look for the research of Ivan Buddenhagen, Professor Emeritus at UCDavis. He has been studying bananas, and other tropical fruit around the world for over 50 years. And he is a scientist.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
The Genesis account of creation conflicts with all available evidence of the origin and diversity of life on this planet, which all point to evolutionary origins.
Adam and Eve are a genetic impossibility. Having only two people is a genetic bottleneck that cannot be overcome.
Also, Eve was made from Adam's rib. So, Eve would have had the same DNA Adam did. Looks like god made Adam and Steve after all.:)

The creation myth also has day and night existing before there is a sun.
The_Box wrote:
Noah's Ark has a thousand problems, ranging from the geologic record, the fossil record, archaeology, history, and dozens of implausible and impossible aspects of the story.
The Exodus is known to be false by archaeology which tells us that the Israelites arose locally in Canaan; they did not emigrate from Egypt. There is also no evidence of millions of people wandering the desert.
Joshua and Jericho is known to be false by archaeology that confirms that the city had been ruined long before Joshua supposedly got there.
Why do fundies insist that the whole Buy-bull is true when it's obviously not? Many Jews and Christians have no problem accepting that parts of the Buy-bull are myth.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Howdy "scaritual"! Does you know if ol' Ray still use that argument after being bitch-slapped with the history of the banana?
I'm pretty sure he discarded that argument once it was pointed out to him that before man started an active and selective breeding effort the banana was inedible and useless - it was mankind, that made the banana what it is.

Not a deity.

I have no doubt he may still use the argument with theists that aren't aware he was slapped down for his erroneous assumptions, but, you know, theists aren't always the most critical thinking people.

"Justsayin" proved that by linking to the rationalwiki article that pointed out Comforts lack of critical thinking.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like man.
Bet he gave himself a really big one, huh?

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

DaBroad wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. A banana was indeed designed - by humans. Those trees have gone through generations and generations of careful breeding and cultivation to produce the "designed" banana.
Hand that fellow a real, wild banana. Inedible, seedy, nasty little things. Which are, unfortunately, becoming harder to find. The over-cultivation that has produced the "cavendish" banana - that lovely, easy to hold and peel fruit with no pesky seeds and sweet flavor - has left the commercial banana vulnerable to disease. Because the cavendish doesn't reproduce via seeds, but is propagated by cuttings, it has also caused the bat populations to be decimated in many areas. But, who cares? We have the "designer" banana, who needs bats?
Really, I am always amazed by people who will just believe what they are told without even looking into sources and causes.
If anyone is interested in finding out about bananas, and about bats, look for the research of Ivan Buddenhagen, Professor Emeritus at UCDavis. He has been studying bananas, and other tropical fruit around the world for over 50 years. And he is a scientist.
Agreed.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Westfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
<shrug!> Whatever! We are still social animals, a trait developed via evolution.
Your avatar should read I have no faith in truth.
You're welcome.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Howdy "scaritual"! Does you know if ol' Ray still use that argument after being bitch-slapped with the history of the banana?
Good to see you, btw.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure he discarded that argument once it was pointed out to him that before man started an active and selective breeding effort the banana was inedible and useless - it was mankind, that made the banana what it is.
Not a deity.
I have no doubt he may still use the argument with theists that aren't aware he was slapped down for his erroneous assumptions, but, you know, theists aren't always the most critical thinking people.
"Justsayin" proved that by linking to the rationalwiki article that pointed out Comforts lack of critical thinking.
Well, it doesn't take any real effort to remain stupid... except for that whole ignoring reality thing

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Good to see you, btw.
Thanks! Good to see you as well.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

DaBroad wrote:
<quoted text>
As she said, "the bible mentions a flood". Well, that could have been just about any flood. There are always floods. Floods have to do with nature. Weather systems, the tug of the moon on tides, heavy ice or snow melt upriver - any of those things can cause a flood. There will always be evidence of floods.
If that's all she's looking for, evidence of "a" flood, well, I gues she must feel validated.
If she's looking for evidence of "THE" flood, she has failed. Because it would not be possible, physically, to cover the entire serface of the earth with water. There isn't enough water on the earth for that, even if the ice caps were to melt. Physics can prove that.
Yep.
Exactly.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
Your avatar should read I have no faith in truth.
You're welcome.
Nope! I got it right the first time. Thank you very little!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,661 - 4,680 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••