Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 233)

Showing posts 4,641 - 4,660 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>No, you have not. You have not posted a single link to a *scientific* article in a *refereed* journal making this claim, let alone proving it.

You are now an established liar.

[QUOTE] You can't even prove your belief that there is no God."

Once again, the burden of proof is on the one making the existence claim. There is no more proof that there is no God than there is that there are no gnomes in my backyard. But it is reasonable to disbelieve both unless proof of existence is given.

[QUOTE] For years atheists have spouted off the same ignorant drivel. You're wrong. You've always been wrong. And science has repeatedly proven it to be so. "

You lie.
Those articles were written by scientists and theologians alike. PROVE to me that he doesn't exist and expose me for the charlatan you believe me to be.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>Great. Another theists who claims to know what an atheist is better than the atheists. Such hubris.

"Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities." (Wikipedia) "Atheism: a disbelief in the existence of deity" (Webster), etc.

A-theism literally is "without theism". Nothing more can be said that includes all atheists. It is a category to define any one and every one who does not fit into the category of theism.

Until you understand this, you will continue to be seen as just another hateful person intent on displaying your bigotry.
The only bigotry I see here is your own. Call the deity whatever you choose. It's still a lack of belief in it.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
Do you even read your own material? This guy is not looking for evidence of a global flood. He is looking for evidence of a regional flood that may have mistaken for a global flood and for something that might be the source of the ark legend.

In short, he views the bible as a book of fables and he is looking for a basis for these fables as they might have been retold by ancient goat herders.

This does not support your Buy Bull stories in the least.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Then again maybe the creator is pure energy when he's in the universe.
Well when he's "in this universe" perhaps he is a mushroom growing in a steaming pile of poo! Who's to say? It's your fantasy, dream it up any way you like.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Say you're the intelligent one right?
What was here before the Big Bang?
How did spontaneous life start?
How did all life evolve from one speck the very first speck of life to ever live?
How did a singularity defy gravity and expand to become our universe?
If the universe is 13.7 billion yeas old how come we can see galaxy 13.3 billion light years away when we all know that the universe is grow further apart at an increased speed yet still no way is the explanation close to the speed of light, how did it get out there so far in the given amount of time?
Your faith has some questions to answer.
There will always be questions about the origin of life, the universe and everything people can't answer. Some of the answers might even be beyond human comprehension. But, that doesn't mean that "Zap! God did it!". Since there is no evidence at all god exists, there is no need to even entertain the idea that he does. We can dismiss the creation myth in the book of Genesis, because it is full of absurdities.
There is evidence for the Big Bang. There is evidence for evolution.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear what you say, but many atheists (like myself) were once theists. We do a little more than assume. Not trying to argue, just saying.
Personally, I think the atheists are former theists who were paying attention during the sermons and while reading the literature. Just sayin ...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
There is plenty of evidence. You just refuse to accept it.
You've got nothing. Some misinterpreted news stories, some oral reference to grainy satellite photos that you can't find links too.

I bet you believe all those grainy photos of the sky with dot's on them are proof of alien visitors as well.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Articles not informative enough? Google it yourself, dude. I'm not your momma.
Actually, the articles were very informative. You claimed the Ark had been found. You claimed the articles you linked to said the Ark had been found. BUT...

The one in Christianity Today said:
""Ballard says it would be "foolish" to expect to discover Noah's Ark itself. "

And the one in the Huffington Post said:
"A previous headline on this story suggested that Ballard believed he found evidence of Noah's Ark. He only found evidence of the flood."

Care to discuss that?
Didn't think so...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that God works miracles because I am one. This "retarded at best" child was actually born with above average intelligence. God has blessed me with the love of a good man and two beautiful baby girls. I have an education and a family who loves me. Do I have money in the bank? Not much. Yet I still give what I have to charity every chance I get. I am grateful. I am grateful for a chance to live and love and enjoy life. So do I believe in a God who is greater than myself? Absofuckinglutely!
Unsubstantiated testimonials are worthless. You've still got nothing.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
How much evidence do you need, woman?! Perhaps it's not the evidence you seek. Only another attempt to debunk it. The Bible mentions a flood. This article shows evidence if it. End of story. I presented you with evidence of truth. Scientific proof of the Bible's historical accuracy. Feel free to believe, or not believe, whatever you want.
ANY evidence will make a good starting place. ANY evidence they found the Ark, as you claimed.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
*genuinely shocked* Is that what you really think? That all us Christians are living in the lap of luxury somewhere condemning all ye sinners? That we have never experienced loss or suffered in any way? Friend, that is simply not so. I am the product of an incestuous rape. My mother had me at 16, and still managed to graduate high school with honors. Despite being called a whore and a sinner or the brokenness and pain she felt at the time. She had her choices yet she chose to give birth to me anyway. Even after the doc told her I'd be born retarded at best. It was her belief in something greater than herself that brought her through it. My stepfather molested me and abused me my whole life. I was raped as an adult. I am not a wealthy person. Just a middle class American trying to make it day by day. Nobody ever gave me shit. I got here by working my ass off.
More unsubstantiated testimonials (aka fairy tales)... still nothing.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I love my husband much more.
<shrug!> Whatever! We are still social animals, a trait developed via evolution.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Those articles were written by scientists and theologians alike. PROVE to me that he doesn't exist and expose me for the charlatan you believe me to be.
They are NOT scientific articles in scientific journals. They are the *personal opinions* of some scientists. You have already been exposed as a charlatan by claiming there is scientific proof where there is not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/You_Can_Lead_an_... 't_Make_Him_Think

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain the satellite imagery of the ark (which meets the exact specifications laid out in the Bible) sitting broken into two different pieces on the top of Mt. Ararat in modern day Turkey.
There isn't any.
01Justsayin wrote:
Explain why they guard it do heavily. What are they hiding?
They don't. You are deluded.
Provide a link to back up what you are saying.
01Justsayin wrote:
History was passed down by word of mouth for generations long before we started writing it down in our history books. That doesn't disprove anything. Josephus, a renowned Jewish historian, wrote about Noah's ark. As well as many many other things written in the Bible. He wasn't a scholar. He wasn't a Rabbi. He was a HISTORIAN. Hell Plato (the Greek philosopher. remember him?) even wrote about the location of Atlantis. Guess how he heard about it's whereabouts. Word of mouth. You gonna call him a liar too?
Do they have satellite images of Atlantis, too?
01Justsayin wrote:
You can twist and manipulate things in any way you want in an effort to prove your point, but facts are facts.
That they are.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol Dumbass! Now you're just grasping at straws. Harry potter was a book written by a person who knew about the existence of king's cross because they had seen it, heard about it, whatever. Noah's ark, or at the very least the proof of a great flood, has been found and written about (just like in the Bible) thereby proving that it did indeed take place. Same thing. This only goes to prove the authenticity of the Bible. Not disprove it. Also the characters in Harry potter were fictional characters. The "characters" in the Bible are real. The proof is in the genealogy. Jews and Muslims alike can trace their genealogy back to Isaac and Ishmael, two Biblical brothers, who are viewed as the patriarchs of these two religions. Ancient biblical ruins still exist in Israel which prove the Bible is real. You can see them. You can touch them. Hell you can even walk through some. It's not that the facts aren't there. It's just that you choose not to see them. And that's okay. Just don't expect to sit there and tell me it's not real. Cause I'll call you a liar to your face.
I can go to Baker's Street in London, does that prove Sherlock Holmes is an historical figure? People "tracing" their genealogies only proves that people believe that crap. The Buy-bull is full of absurdities.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that God works miracles because I am one. This "retarded at best" child was actually born with above average intelligence.
What happened between then and now?
01Justsayin wrote:
God has blessed me with the love of a good man and two beautiful baby girls. I have an education and a family who loves me. Do I have money in the bank? Not much. Yet I still give what I have to charity every chance I get. I am grateful. I am grateful for a chance to live and love and enjoy life. So do I believe in a God who is greater than myself? Absofuckinglutely!
You are deluding yourself.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Y ou_Can_Lead_an_Atheist_to_Evid ence,_but_You_Can't_Make_Him_T hink
Ray Comfort and his "dezined buhnanner".

What a joke.
DaBroad

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
ANY evidence will make a good starting place. ANY evidence they found the Ark, as you claimed.
As she said, "the bible mentions a flood". Well, that could have been just about any flood. There are always floods. Floods have to do with nature. Weather systems, the tug of the moon on tides, heavy ice or snow melt upriver - any of those things can cause a flood. There will always be evidence of floods.
If that's all she's looking for, evidence of "a" flood, well, I gues she must feel validated.
If she's looking for evidence of "THE" flood, she has failed. Because it would not be possible, physically, to cover the entire serface of the earth with water. There isn't enough water on the earth for that, even if the ice caps were to melt. Physics can prove that.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Y ou_Can_Lead_an_Atheist_to_Evid ence,_but_You_Can't_Make_Him_T hink
ROTFLMAO!!!! Ray Comfort!!?? Are you serious??? LOL!!!!!! Are you going to throw "the banana" argument out here next??? You're a HOOT!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,641 - 4,660 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min Lucifes begotten Son 223,060
Why do i deserve no respect. 4 hr Patrick 6
Our world came from nothing? 8 hr Igor Trip 24
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 17 hr Mikko 21,328
Introducing The Universal Religion Wed NightSerf 718
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Wed ChristineM 802
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) Wed Buck Crick 324
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••