Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,391

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#4812 Jan 31, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Where?
Cool. You're from Glasgow. Liar in the concept of atheism in general. Show me proof or evidence that God does not exist.

Location hidden

#4813 Jan 31, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>What belief's that, then?
You know perfectly well what belief. Don't play me.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#4814 Jan 31, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like man.
With nipples and all the right plumbing?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4815 Jan 31, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>The Genesis account of creation conflicts with all available evidence of the origin and diversity of life on this planet, which all point to evolutionary origins.

Adam and Eve are a genetic impossibility. Having only two people is a genetic bottleneck that cannot be overcome.

Noah's Ark has a thousand problems, ranging from the geologic record, the fossil record, archaeology, history, and dozens of implausible and impossible aspects of the story.

The Exodus is known to be false by archaeology which tells us that the Israelites arose locally in Canaan; they did not emigrate from Egypt. There is also no evidence of millions of people wandering the desert.

Joshua and Jericho is known to be false by archaeology that confirms that the city had been ruined long before Joshua supposedly got there.
"Adam and Eve are a genetic impossibility. Having only two people is a genetic bottleneck that cannot be overcome."

But yet all life that ever lived or is living plant and animal all came from the first auto spontaneous life speck!

Do you have a clue how stupid your statement is?

"genetic bottleneck" Adam and Eve had perfect DNA designed to populated the whole planet by God. He knows how to create a breeding pair of anything that is capable of populating the planet. You dictating laws to God, I'm sure am glad you shared your knowledge with God.

Sara had a baby past her 100th birthday and you know what? The baby didn't have Down syndrome! How about them apples?

Location hidden

#4816 Jan 31, 2013
scaritual wrote:
This is not an article on the Bible, religion, or even atheism. It is one on historical fiction. Fiction is not accurate. The Bible is. Real events which happened to real people in the Bible CAN be proven by science, history, archeology, genealogy. Fact. Irregardless of whether or not you believe in the moral teachings thereof. This isn't Aesop's Fables here, people (which IS fiction) This is a very real historically accurate record of documentation. End of story. Their is no disputing that. You're belief is still based upon illogical lies seeing as how you cannot prove that there is no God. Not only can you not prove it, but science itself calls you a liar in that it can prove the existence of God. Which it has done again and again. A bit of logic you tend to want to ignore.

Location hidden

#4817 Jan 31, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>The Genesis account of creation conflicts with all available evidence of the origin and diversity of life on this planet, which all point to evolutionary origins.

Adam and Eve are a genetic impossibility. Having only two people is a genetic bottleneck that cannot be overcome.

Noah's Ark has a thousand problems, ranging from the geologic record, the fossil record, archaeology, history, and dozens of implausible and impossible aspects of the story.

The Exodus is known to be false by archaeology which tells us that the Israelites arose locally in Canaan; they did not emigrate from Egypt. There is also no evidence of millions of people wandering the desert.

Joshua and Jericho is known to be false by archaeology that confirms that the city had been ruined long before Joshua supposedly got there.
Hmmm no proof listed. Go figure.

Location hidden

#4818 Jan 31, 2013
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>You have proven no such thing.
The hell I haven't! Mankind has proven it repeatedly. It's not our fault that you choose to believe a lie. Don't put that off on us. That's all you. Scroll up. Look at the links I included. Google it. Wiki it. YouTube it. I don't care. But don't sit there and call the multitude of scientific evidence, which disproves your belief, a lie. That's ridiculous! The fact is you CAN'T prove that God does not exist. Your belief is FALSE, and you are the one who is the liar.

Location hidden

#4819 Jan 31, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>Every person, including you, rejects extraordinary claims that lack evidence. There is no evidence for the existence of god, therefore, the rational position is to reject that claim.
Wrong. There is plenty (sound, scientific, archeological) evidence to prove the existence of God. You are the one who chooses not to believe it. The lack of belief in God is false and unscientific. You're right about one thing, though. I do reject your claims because they do lack evidence. My belief in a living God has already been proven repeatedly. You are the one who can't produce a shred of credible proof.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4820 Jan 31, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
But yet all life that ever lived or is living plant and animal all came from the first auto spontaneous life speck!
It's unknown how the first life on Earth began.

It is known that all life was not created in a single six-day event.
Langoliers wrote:
Adam and Eve had perfect DNA designed to populated the whole planet by God. He knows how to create a breeding pair of anything that is capable of populating the planet. You dictating laws to God, I'm sure am glad you shared your knowledge with God.
You're appealing to magic? They had special magic genes? That's convincing.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4821 Jan 31, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm no proof listed. Go figure.
I just gave you the lines of proof.

Location hidden

#4822 Jan 31, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>"...because science says so. " Prove it.
I don't have to. Science already has. Don't believe me? Look it up yourself. The facts are all there. Not my fault if you choose to ignore them. Atheism is a lie and a falsehood devoid of any substantial proof to back up its belief that there is no God. None. Not one single shred of evidence. Science isn't the liar here. You are.

Location hidden

#4823 Jan 31, 2013
The_Box wrote:

Wrong. Look it up.

Location hidden

#4824 Jan 31, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>With nipples and all the right plumbing?
You're kind of fixated the wrong things.

Location hidden

#4825 Jan 31, 2013
DaBroad wrote:
<quoted text>You've been on here for years. You have never - not once, in all that time - provided any actual scientific proof for the existence of god. It cannot be proven, nor disproven. You don't know either. You believe; that is not the same thing as proof.
I could just as easily take all those "proofs" that you offer, and claim they "prove" the existence of Zeus, Thor or Isis. No, you have not proven the existence of god. You cannot.
Dipshit, I just opened this account this week. The hell you think you're lying to? I have presented you with links proving, from a scientific standpoint, that God is real. You can't even prove your belief that there is no God. For years atheists have spouted off the same ignorant drivel. You're wrong. You've always been wrong. And science has repeatedly proven it to be so.

Location hidden

#4826 Jan 31, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have a "belief" that gods don't exist anymore than I have a belief that fairies don't exist. I simply find no reason to entertain the idea that they do exist.

And, NO, you have NOT provided any scientific evidence for any deity. Do you even understand the concept of verifiable evidence?

Look, quite simply I consider your claim that your particular god exists to be no different that the Hindu claim that Vishnu, Brahma, and Shiva exist. They have their holy book, you have yours. Why don't you show me proof that Shiva doesn't exist.
Atheism - The theory or belief that God does not exist. Do you even know what you believe? Cause you just contradicted yourself. The evidence is there. It's been presented to you by the scientific community for years and years. If you still don't wanna believe then that's fine. Just don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. Your lack of belief in a living God is a lie. Prove me wrong. What evidence do you have to support the fact that God doesn't exist? You can't prove your belief. There is none. Your belief is a lie. Your word is false.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#4827 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to. Science already has. Don't believe me? Look it up yourself. The facts are all there. Not my fault if you choose to ignore them. Atheism is a lie and a falsehood devoid of any substantial proof to back up its belief that there is no God. None. Not one single shred of evidence. Science isn't the liar here. You are.
If, as you say, "science has already proven the existence of god", you should have NO problem backing up that claim to with a link to an actual peer reviewed scientific jouurnal article that supports your claim. I know you can't that is why you are constantly doging the request! Why is it that you expext documented evidence from all those you pose your lame questions to, yet offer nothing but hot air in reponse to questions concerning claims YOU are making??? Put up or shut up!
(BTW... I'm not really expecting that you will/can back up your claim... but hey. you might be the first!)

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#4828 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism - The theory or belief that God does not exist. Do you even know what you believe? Cause you just contradicted yourself. The evidence is there. It's been presented to you by the scientific community for years and years. If you still don't wanna believe then that's fine. Just don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. Your lack of belief in a living God is a lie. Prove me wrong. What evidence do you have to support the fact that God doesn't exist? You can't prove your belief. There is none. Your belief is a lie. Your word is false.
Wow! Just when I think you've made the most stupid post to date, you post again and prove me wrong!!

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#4829 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Dipshit, I just opened this account this week. The hell you think you're lying to? I have presented you with links proving, from a scientific standpoint, that God is real.
No, you have not. You have not posted a single link to a *scientific* article in a *refereed* journal making this claim, let alone proving it.

You are now an established liar.
You can't even prove your belief that there is no God.
Once again, the burden of proof is on the one making the existence claim. There is no more proof that there is no God than there is that there are no gnomes in my backyard. But it is reasonable to disbelieve both unless proof of existence is given.
For years atheists have spouted off the same ignorant drivel. You're wrong. You've always been wrong. And science has repeatedly proven it to be so.
You lie.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#4830 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Great. Another theists who claims to know what an atheist is better than the atheists. Such hubris.

"Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities." (Wikipedia) "Atheism: a disbelief in the existence of deity" (Webster), etc.

A-theism literally is "without theism". Nothing more can be said that includes all atheists. It is a category to define any one and every one who does not fit into the category of theism.

Until you understand this, you will continue to be seen as just another hateful person intent on displaying your bigotry.
DaBroad

Minneapolis, MN

#4831 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Dipshit, I just opened this account this week. The hell you think you're lying to? I have presented you with links proving, from a scientific standpoint, that God is real. You can't even prove your belief that there is no God. For years atheists have spouted off the same ignorant drivel. You're wrong. You've always been wrong. And science has repeatedly proven it to be so.
Please attempt to keep a civil tongue in your head. Your language is not appreciated and may lead you to be banned.
You may have opened THIS account recently, but either you have doppelgangers about or you have had other accounts in the past.
The few links I have found in your previous posts do not link to any credible scientific journals or other sources.
Once again, you cannot prove the existence of god, nor disprove the existence of god. I have not stated my personal beliefs on the subject, nor will I. It is none of your business. However, you have placed your personal beliefs on the table for examination. That would mean you are amenable to having those beliefs dissected and handled by others; if you are not happy with your personal beliefs being examined and doubted, then you should withdraw them from this discussion. To place something under the microscope of science is to subject it to doubt. If it cannot be proven, nor disproven - as the existence of any sort of "higher power" or diety - then you can only say "we do not know". We can have theories, some of which can be proven or disproven, but that does not mean that we "know".
There has never been, nor will there ever likely be, proof of the existence or absence of god, unless you count absence of proof to be proof of absence. Are you saying that those who believe in gods other than the one you choose to believe in are wrong? Can you "prove" that? No, you cannot. The bible is no more or less accurate than the Vedas, or any other holy text. Just because a lot of people believe something does not make it true.
Belief that the world was flat, or that the sun and stars circled the earth, did not make those things so. Belief in a worldwide flood does not mean it happened. Belief in "adam and eve" does not make them historical figures.
If you do not want to read criticism of your ideas, do not place them on Topix. I only put what I am willing to share on here. My own beliefs are nobody's business, and I have no need to try to prove or disprove any of them. However, I will gladly dissect your beliefs and any proof you wish to submit to the Topix forum for review. Please, prove away. As long as you are prepared to back your proofs up with facts. I wait with 'bated breath.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Catcher1 230,908
Evidence for God! 49 min Uncle Sam 41
Heaven 4 hr susanblange 41
Former Atheist Academic Who Rejected God and Be... 8 hr tha Professor 76
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 8 hr Chiclets 23,039
Our world came from nothing? 10 hr _Bad Company 1,103
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 23 hr Dally Mama 5,583

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE