Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#4792 Jan 31, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>No, it cannot and has not.

[QUOTE] Let's ignore for now the various misconceptions you seem to have about religions and those who choose to believe in them. You just answered my question in complete honesty and COMPLETELY proven atheism to be FALSE. You cannot prove that there is no God (even though science has proven his existence again and again throughout history) because there is no scientific evidence to do so. Thus your belief in the absence of God is ILLOGICAL and FALSE. "

Absence of belief is not the same as belief in absence. Atheists are those who lack a belief in God. That is tpyically because they think the evidence is not enough to support such a belief OR that they think the matter is not well-defined in the first place. You are battling a straw man.

[QUOTE]And your violent hatred for all those who choose to believe in the painfully (scientifically proven) obvious fact that there is a God is uncalled for terribly misguided. Thank you, person, for finally admitting the truth!! I am done here. Have a great day! "

it is NOT scientifically proven OR obvious. That you seem to think so just shows your lack of understanding.
No. The fact that you are still arguing with me shows YOUR lack of understanding. Disagree with my beliefs all you want. That's fine by me. Facts are facts. You have no authority to go to the scientific community, the very one you lean so heavily upon in an attempt to disprove the existence of God, and call them a liar. The fact is the existence of God has been proven again and again yet you still choose not to believe it. That's on you. But it doesn't make God any less real. And it doesn't make you any more right. Your belief system is one based on falsehood and misconceptions and outright denial of all scientific truth. Atheism is a FALSE belief in the absence of God. Doubt me? Prove me wrong. Provide me with evidence and proof to support your BELIEF that God is not real. As already indicated earlier by someone else, "You don't know". You CAN'T prove God is not real. Your belief is illogical, and you don't have a pot to piss in.
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#4793 Jan 31, 2013
Straw man.
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You and your obsession with the straw man. My question is still what proof or evidence do you have to support your BELIEF that there is no God? Very simple.
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#4794 Jan 31, 2013
Straw man.
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Not splitting hairs on this issue. Answer my question. What proof or evidence do you have to support your BELIEF that God does not exist?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#4795 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The fact that you are still arguing with me shows YOUR lack of understanding. Disagree with my beliefs all you want. That's fine by me. Facts are facts. You have no authority to go to the scientific community, the very one you lean so heavily upon in an attempt to disprove the existence of God, and call them a liar. The fact is the existence of God has been proven again and again yet you still choose not to believe it.
Show me *one* scientific article in a peer reviewed journal proving the existence of a God. Just one. If you cannot, you cannot claim that God is scientifically proven. If you continue to do so, you will be considered a liar.

Location hidden

#4796 Jan 31, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Straw man.
Liar

Location hidden

#4797 Jan 31, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Don't foget to order another load of straw. At the rate you're building up straw men to knock down you'll run out soon!
Prove me wrong or shut the hell up. Your belief is a pack of lies. Not because a "mentally ill Christian idiot" says so, but because science says so.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4798 Jan 31, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a person of faith.

All the scientific discoveries do not prove or disprove a god. They might upset your version of faith, but that's your problem.

As one teacher once told me, "The bible says god created Adam and Eve, it doesn't say what they looked like." She had faith and I had no argument with her.
You're Wrong. It does say what they looked like.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#4799 Jan 31, 2013
Where?
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#4800 Jan 31, 2013
What belief's that, then?
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove me wrong or shut the hell up. Your belief is a pack of lies. Not because a "mentally ill Christian idiot" says so, but because science says so.

Location hidden

#4801 Jan 31, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>That I was once Christain will not change, that I am atheist now will not change, but anything else is just speculation, until I have actually lived it.
If you die an Atheist you will be an Atheist far longer then a Christian.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#4802 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?! Do you even hear yourself when you talk? A historically accurate work of FICTION? SMH
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_ficti...

Location hidden

#4803 Jan 31, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>And there are many aspects which have been proven false.

- Creation
- Adam and Eve
- Noah's Flood
- The Exodus
- Joshua and Jericho
Please list your proof!

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#4804 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I have proven to you the historical, archeological, and scientific accuracy of
the Bible.
You have proven no such thing.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#4805 Jan 31, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You're Wrong. It does say what they looked like.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
What does God look like?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4806 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
THANK YOU!! Finally an honest answer to a very simple question. " Is there a God? I don't know." Let's ignore the fact for now that the existence of God CAN scientifically be proven. Let's ignore for now the various misconceptions you seem to have about religions and those who choose to believe in them. You just answered my question in complete honesty and COMPLETELY proven atheism to be FALSE. You cannot prove that there is no God (even though science has proven his existence again and again throughout history) because there is no scientific evidence to do so. Thus your belief in the absence of God is ILLOGICAL and FALSE.
Every person, including you, rejects extraordinary claims that lack evidence. There is no evidence for the existence of god, therefore, the rational position is to reject that claim.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#4807 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
"...because science says so. " Prove it.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4808 Jan 31, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Please list your proof!
The Genesis account of creation conflicts with all available evidence of the origin and diversity of life on this planet, which all point to evolutionary origins.

Adam and Eve are a genetic impossibility. Having only two people is a genetic bottleneck that cannot be overcome.

Noah's Ark has a thousand problems, ranging from the geologic record, the fossil record, archaeology, history, and dozens of implausible and impossible aspects of the story.

The Exodus is known to be false by archaeology which tells us that the Israelites arose locally in Canaan; they did not emigrate from Egypt. There is also no evidence of millions of people wandering the desert.

Joshua and Jericho is known to be false by archaeology that confirms that the city had been ruined long before Joshua supposedly got there.
DaBroad

Minneapolis, MN

#4809 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been on here for years. You have never - not once, in all that time - provided any actual scientific proof for the existence of god. It cannot be proven, nor disproven. You don't know either. You believe; that is not the same thing as proof.
I could just as easily take all those "proofs" that you offer, and claim they "prove" the existence of Zeus, Thor or Isis. No, you have not proven the existence of god. You cannot.

Location hidden

#4810 Jan 31, 2013
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>What does God look like?
Looks like man.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#4811 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough with the misdirection. Feel free to feel anyway you choose about me. Just answer my one simple question. What proof or evidence do you have to support your BELIEF that God does not exist? I have answered every question you've sent my way. Dealt with the endless insults, criticisms, and judgements. You've asked me for scientific proof of God's existence, and I've provided you with it. Yet nobody, not a single one of you, will answer my very simple question. Where's the logic in that?
I don't have a "belief" that gods don't exist anymore than I have a belief that fairies don't exist. I simply find no reason to entertain the idea that they do exist.

And, NO, you have NOT provided any scientific evidence for any deity. Do you even understand the concept of verifiable evidence?

Look, quite simply I consider your claim that your particular god exists to be no different that the Hindu claim that Vishnu, Brahma, and Shiva exist. They have their holy book, you have yours. Why don't you show me proof that Shiva doesn't exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr Eagle 12 2,272
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr polymath257 23,199
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Joe fortuna 232,895
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 6 hr Yiago 148
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 12 hr _Bad Company 141
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 13 hr thetruth 34
God' existence 13 hr thetruth 67
More from around the web