Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,448

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#4732 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot if you don't understand the potential birth defects caused by incest. I'm confused. Am I supposedly suffering from birth defects or am I not? You're all over the place. The doc wasn't an idiot, and he was trying to warn a frightened teenage girl about the potential birth defects facing her unborn child which she conceived through an incestuous rape. I fail to see how that needs justifying.
A doctor would be the first to know that incest related birth defects, seldom happens in more than one out of ten or so births, unless you have incest running through multiple-generations of the same family.

So the doctor was a sanctimonious prick trying to scare a pregnant child into what? Giving up her child, having an abortion, praying for forgiveness? Probably all of the afore mentioned, if it happened at all.

No sane doctor would claim retardation at best, unless major birth defects could be counted on to exist. As it stands about 90% of all incest related births will result in infants who have no birth defects. At best that number would climb to 100%.

Earth,TX

#4733 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, your brilliant diagnosis of my supposed birth defects (By the way I didn't see the MD in front of your name. My apologies. I musta missed it) is based solely upon what? My belief in God? Ha So believing in God must mean you have a birth defect? Or at the very least are mentally ill? SMH Big leap! BIG! Where's the logic in this truth, guys?
The only big leaps are the ones you are making.

Earth,TX

#4734 Jan 31, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Zombie.
the body of a dead person given the semblance of life, but mute and will-less, by a supernatural force, usually for some evil purpose.
Yep, lazarus was a zombie, as was jesus, as was the "saints" that rose from the dead and wandered around the streets of jerusalem.
According to christians you will be saved from burning in hell fire by eating jesus flesh and drinking his blood (John 6). So not only have you got zombies, but flesh eating ones.
When you understand it rationally, christianity is not just a religion but a form of mental illness.
Cannibalistic vampire zombies!
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#4735 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
you would do well to get your facts straight first. According to Christianity, the only way to receive salvation is to believe in Jesus as your savior because he is the way, the truth, and the life. etc.
I am familiar with cherry picking, as I used to be a Christian myself.

I dont usually copy and paste scripture, so skip by if not interested.

John 6 "54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.

Per scripture catholic.

"John 6:23-53 - however, a symbolic interpretation is not plausible. Throughout these verses, the Greek text uses the word "phago" nine times. "Phago" literally means "to eat" or "physically consume." Like the Protestants of our day, the disciples take issue with Jesus' literal usage of "eat." So Jesus does what?"

"John 6:54, 56, 57, 58 - He uses an even more literal verb, translated as "trogo," which means to gnaw or chew or crunch. He increases the literalness and drives his message home."

You cannot fault the logic. This is exactly what scripture teaches. Despite the protesations of protestants. Jesus = wafer.

Literally flesh eating and blood drinking.

Can anything be as insane and repulsive as this? No.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#4736 Jan 31, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Say you're the intelligent one right?
What was here before the Big Bang?
How did spontaneous life start?
How did all life evolve from one speck the very first speck of life to ever live?
How did a singularity defy gravity and expand to become our universe?
If the universe is 13.7 billion yeas old how come we can see galaxy 13.3 billion light years away when we all know that the universe is grow further apart at an increased speed yet still no way is the explanation close to the speed of light, how did it get out there so far in the given amount of time?
Your faith has some questions to answer.
Replace the words "the Big Bang" with "God" and the question is the same for Christians? No one knows the true answer.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#4737 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
What proof or evidence do you have to support your BELIEF that God does not exist?
I am not an atheist. But the Q should be, what evidence do we have that any of the 000s of gods exist. Cause history is full of man made religions, and all the evidence indicates that religion is a man made construct to give life meaning and comfort.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Location hidden

#4738 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
How much evidence do you need, woman?! Perhaps it's not the evidence you seek. Only another attempt to debunk it. The Bible mentions a flood. This article shows evidence if it. End of story. I presented you with evidence of truth. Scientific proof of the Bible's historical accuracy. Feel free to believe, or not believe, whatever you want.
Anyone could write a work of fiction that is historically accurate.

Earth,TX

#4739 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Do I even dignify this incoherent garbage with an answer? Eh...ok. First of all, exactly what is wishcraft? That a fancy new-age thing or something? Also exactly where does it say in the Bible that Jesus conjured witchcraft? How do you propose "zombie jesus" turned HIMSELF into a zombie precisely? That makes no sense at all. Zombies don't just crawl out of graves all willy nilly, honey.(Seriously?! Could you imagine?) They are MADE. I never conjure any spirits during prayer. I'm not repeating incantations or mumbo jumbo. I'm merely speaking from my heart. Choosing to believe in God is not the same as playing pretend. Where is the proof or evidence to support your "belief" that there is no God?
Wishcraft is your pleas to the imaginary. "Conjured"? Oh please, read the post and confine yourself to what I actually posted. Your Jewsus zombie myth practiced magic, big deal. Is believing in any other god not pretend? They are all the same, gods are man made tools.

How often do you go about the task of proving that which does not exist, does not exist. If you claim it so, you are the one to prove it. The one who sees no proof, is not the one to prove that there is no evidence.

Seriously prove to me that Thumbelina doesn't exist. Do you believe she does? No, well neither do I, but if someone says she does exist, that person would be required to prove it, or be mocked for lying. So prove whichever god it is, that you are claiming exists.

Do you believe in zombies?

“Alley Cat Blues”

Location hidden

#4740 Jan 31, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? How embarrassing. I was just letting the auto correct add the apostrophe for me and never really paid it no attention.
Fair enough. I do a lot of editing in my job and these things just jump out at me.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#4741 Jan 31, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>A doctor would be the first to know that incest related birth defects, seldom happens in more than one out of ten or so births, unless you have incest running through multiple-generations of the same family.

So the doctor was a sanctimonious prick trying to scare a pregnant child into what? Giving up her child, having an abortion, praying for forgiveness? Probably all of the afore mentioned, if it happened at all.

No sane doctor would claim retardation at best, unless major birth defects could be counted on to exist. As it stands about 90% of all incest related births will result in infants who have no birth defects. At best that number would climb to 100%.
Seldom or not, it DOES happen. Clearly my mother did not abort me. A fact for which I am most grateful. I cannot attest to the competence of said doc as I was in my Mother's WOMB at the time. I see no further point in arguing this fact seeing as how continuing to do so would be stupid and a complete waste of my time. The ONLY reasons I mentioned it to begin with was to 1) Show that all Christians do NOT in fact have it easy (as mentioned earlier by another poster). And 2) That God is a God of the miraculous. Moving on. You never did answer my question. What proof or evidence do you have to support your BELIEF that God does not exist?

Location hidden

#4742 Jan 31, 2013
<quoted text>The only big leaps are the ones you are making.
Hahahaha Please feel free to illuminate me on my big leaps. Exactly what were they again?

Location hidden

#4743 Jan 31, 2013
<quoted text>Cannibalistic vampire zombies!
Of which there is no Biblical account. Or historical account for that matter. Very creative of you, though.:)

“Alley Cat Blues”

Location hidden

#4744 Jan 31, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a person of faith.
All the scientific discoveries do not prove or disprove a god. They might upset your version of faith, but that's your problem.
As one teacher once told me, "The bible says god created Adam and Eve, it doesn't say what they looked like." She had faith and I had no argument with her.
I find it interesting that the Bible says that Adam and Eve were so named because "Adam" means "man" and "Eve" means "mother of all" in the Hebrew language. How could there be a Hebrew language already in place if they were the first two humans? It's just more proof that the story is a fable.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4745 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Do I even dignify this incoherent garbage with an answer? Eh...ok. First of all, exactly what is wishcraft? That a fancy new-age thing or something? Also exactly where does it say in the Bible that Jesus conjured witchcraft? How do you propose "zombie jesus" turned HIMSELF into a zombie precisely? That makes no sense at all. Zombies don't just crawl out of graves all willy nilly, honey.(Seriously?! Could you imagine?) They are MADE. I never conjure any spirits during prayer. I'm not repeating incantations or mumbo jumbo. I'm merely speaking from my heart. Choosing to believe in God is not the same as playing pretend. Where is the proof or evidence to support your "belief" that there is no God?
Since you invented a god to believe in, its your responsibility to provide proof.

You've had centuries to provide even a morsel of evidence for your god, but yet you fail again and again and again.

Bring your proof of god, or stop lying about god, its been that simple since the dawn of time itself.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#4746 Jan 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you believe in zombies?
"and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; and coming out of the graves after His resurrection" Mat 27:52

Has anyone got a shovel handy :D

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4747 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Seldom or not, it DOES happen. Clearly my mother did not abort me. A fact for which I am most grateful. I cannot attest to the competence of said doc as I was in my Mother's WOMB at the time. I see no further point in arguing this fact seeing as how continuing to do so would be stupid and a complete waste of my time. The ONLY reasons I mentioned it to begin with was to 1) Show that all Christians do NOT in fact have it easy (as mentioned earlier by another poster). And 2) That God is a God of the miraculous. Moving on. You never did answer my question. What proof or evidence do you have to support your BELIEF that God does not exist?
Since you have no proof of god, you can stop lying about it to your children, family and complete strangers online.

I'm sorry that you're unable to prove your god, but that is your problem and not the problem of atheists.

Location hidden

#4748 Jan 31, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>I am familiar with cherry picking, as I used to be a Christian myself.

I dont usually copy and paste scripture, so skip by if not interested.

John 6 "54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”

Per scripture catholic.

"John 6:23-53 - however, a symbolic interpretation is not plausible. Throughout these verses, the Greek text uses the word "phago" nine times. "Phago" literally means "to eat" or "physically consume." Like the Protestants of our day, the disciples take issue with Jesus' literal usage of "eat." So Jesus does what?"

"John 6:54, 56, 57, 58 - He uses an even more literal verb, translated as "trogo," which means to gnaw or chew or crunch. He increases the literalness and drives his message home."

You cannot fault the logic. This is exactly what scripture teaches. Despite the protesations of protestants. Jesus = wafer.

Literally flesh eating and blood drinking.

Can anything be as insane and repulsive as this? No.
Cherry picking? No. Copy and paste? No. Committed to memory? Absolutely. You have a very catholic take on communion. Very very morbid. Honestly, I try to avoid viewing scripture from a Romanized standpoint because the catholic church is notorious for corrupting the word of God. I try to get as close to the original Hebrew and Greek as I can when I study in an attempt to better understand it. I prefer to use the New Jerusalem Bible because it has the apocrypha (that which was taken out by the translators of the king James Bible) mixed in there as it was originally. It just helps for a more free flowing understanding of the word in my opinion. Either way, that's not what you're really trying to say and I know that. Based upon the teachings of Jesus (who I personally believe to be the Messiah. Not Paul), he offered communion to his disciples before his crucifixion (the last supper) in remembrance of him. The wine and bread serve as symbols for the sacrifice of Jesus. The Bible often uses the reference of eating when speaking about our taking in of the word. In no way does it symbolize cannibalism. It is a symbolic tradition of the sacrifice Jesus made for those of us who believe. Now. What proof or evidence do you have to support your BELIEF that God does not exist?
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#4749 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I spent years drinking the kool aid of religion so know what its like. Once you have made an emotional commitment its difficult to extract yourself and think rationally. All the best.

Location hidden

#4750 Jan 31, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>I am not an atheist. But the Q should be, what evidence do we have that any of the 000s of gods exist. Cause history is full of man made religions, and all the evidence indicates that religion is a man made construct to give life meaning and comfort.
Um...no. Religion is man-made. God is not. The God of Judaism and Christianity (even the Allah of Islam) originated in Israel. Changing the title of your religious organization does not change who God is. I don't know what you believe. You aren't an atheist (as indicated). So I can't really comment on your religion. As far as the answer to your question. There is plenty of scientific evidence to point to the existence of God. Yet none to prove him not to be real. So my question, as posed to atheists, is what proof or evidence do you have to prove your BELIEF that God is not real?

Location hidden

#4751 Jan 31, 2013
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone could write a work of fiction that is historically accurate.
Seriously?! Do you even hear yourself when you talk? A historically accurate work of FICTION? SMH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 38 min NightSerf 1,031
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 52 min Eagle 12 231,932
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr Richardfs 1,423
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 11 hr Gillette 5,946
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism Tue thetruth 25
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... Tue Catholic Girl 27
Why the Internet is slowly strangling religion Tue Dally Mama 3

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE