Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
4,521 - 4,540 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Reason Personified" wrote:
<quoted text>
"I was a Christain for longer than I have been atheist."
Langoliers wrote:
Well that will certainly change now won't it?
"Reason Personified" wrote:
<quoted text>
"No, it will not change."
So are you planning on becoming Christian again then?
That I was once Christain will not change, that I am atheist now will not change, but anything else is just speculation, until I have actually lived it.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>"around 7,000 years ago, the region was hit by a very big flood." ... "He guesses that the flood must have been a catastrophic event for the ancient civilization that lived along the shores of the Black Sea. The theory is that the survivors of this flood passed the story from mouth to mouth, over generations. Some believe that this may have inspired the story of Noah’s ark." ...“All we can say is that there has been a major flood, that people were living here when it happened.”
Explain the satellite imagery of the ark (which meets the exact specifications laid out in the Bible) sitting broken into two different pieces on the top of Mt. Ararat in modern day Turkey. Explain why they guard it do heavily. What are they hiding? History was passed down by word of mouth for generations long before we started writing it down in our history books. That doesn't disprove anything. Josephus, a renowned Jewish historian, wrote about Noah's ark. As well as many many other things written in the Bible. He wasn't a scholar. He wasn't a Rabbi. He was a HISTORIAN. Hell Plato (the Greek philosopher. remember him?) even wrote about the location of Atlantis. Guess how he heard about it's whereabouts. Word of mouth. You gonna call him a liar too? You can twist and manipulate things in any way you want in an effort to prove your point, but facts are facts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>No, it hasn't.

01Justsayin wrote, "<quoted text>
... In regards to the Bible. We are in agreement that this ancient book pocesses things that can be verified by archeology. You don't get to handpick what makes it a valid historical document or not. Either it is or it isn't. The fact is the contents of the Bible CAN be verified through the science of archeology.... "

I've been to Kings Cross Train Station in London. It is also mentioned in Harry Potter. Based on your [il]logic that would mean that Harry Potter is real.
Lol Dumbass! Now you're just grasping at straws. Harry potter was a book written by a person who knew about the existence of king's cross because they had seen it, heard about it, whatever. Noah's ark, or at the very least the proof of a great flood, has been found and written about (just like in the Bible) thereby proving that it did indeed take place. Same thing. This only goes to prove the authenticity of the Bible. Not disprove it. Also the characters in Harry potter were fictional characters. The "characters" in the Bible are real. The proof is in the genealogy. Jews and Muslims alike can trace their genealogy back to Isaac and Ishmael, two Biblical brothers, who are viewed as the patriarchs of these two religions. Ancient biblical ruins still exist in Israel which prove the Bible is real. You can see them. You can touch them. Hell you can even walk through some. It's not that the facts aren't there. It's just that you choose not to see them. And that's okay. Just don't expect to sit there and tell me it's not real. Cause I'll call you a liar to your face.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>I hear what you say, but many atheists (like myself) were once theists. We do a little more than assume. Not trying to argue, just saying.
Just because you have been there and experienced it only to then turn your back on it and deny it doesn't mean it's not real. It just means somewhere along the way you were probably hurt. I'm sincerely sorry for that.
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

RELIGIOUS BELIEF IS A MENTAL ILLNESS

Of course it can be lucrative and a good way to make an easy buck off the gullible and vulnerable. And if you are in the Catholic Church, you can get free sex and commit as much abuse as you like and the Catholics will protect you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Actually it is easier than that, and simpler too. The bible says just "ask in his name", that is it, nothing more. That is why no Christian has ever died, lost a loved one, been anything but super rich, and nary a single one has ever had a bad day.

Look around you, mountains are moving everywhere, and we won't even go into all those prayers being answered concerning their love lives, but suffice it to say, it ain't rated P.G.
*genuinely shocked* Is that what you really think? That all us Christians are living in the lap of luxury somewhere condemning all ye sinners? That we have never experienced loss or suffered in any way? Friend, that is simply not so. I am the product of an incestuous rape. My mother had me at 16, and still managed to graduate high school with honors. Despite being called a whore and a sinner or the brokenness and pain she felt at the time. She had her choices yet she chose to give birth to me anyway. Even after the doc told her I'd be born retarded at best. It was her belief in something greater than herself that brought her through it. My stepfather molested me and abused me my whole life. I was raped as an adult. I am not a wealthy person. Just a middle class American trying to make it day by day. Nobody ever gave me shit. I got here by working my ass off.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Actually it is easier than that, and simpler too. The bible says just "ask in his name", that is it, nothing more. That is why no Christian has ever died, lost a loved one, been anything but super rich, and nary a single one has ever had a bad day.

Look around you, mountains are moving everywhere, and we won't even go into all those prayers being answered concerning their love lives, but suffice it to say, it ain't rated P.G.
I know that God works miracles because I am one. This "retarded at best" child was actually born with above average intelligence. God has blessed me with the love of a good man and two beautiful baby girls. I have an education and a family who loves me. Do I have money in the bank? Not much. Yet I still give what I have to charity every chance I get. I am grateful. I am grateful for a chance to live and love and enjoy life. So do I believe in a God who is greater than myself? Absofuckinglutely!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>That's pretty much true. Although our society is more complex and varied than most other pack animals, but this is why we form families, neighborhoods, towns, cities and nations ... WE are stronger than any one of us. That's just how it is. And I'm sure you say you love your country as often and as fervently as you say you love your husband.
No. I love my husband much more.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
*genuinely shocked* Is that what you really think? That all us Christians are living in the lap of luxury somewhere condemning all ye sinners? That we have never experienced loss or suffered in any way? Friend, that is simply not so. I am the product of an incestuous rape. My mother had me at 16, and still managed to graduate high school with honors. Despite being called a whore and a sinner or the brokenness and pain she felt at the time. She had her choices yet she chose to give birth to me anyway. Even after the doc told her I'd be born retarded at best. It was her belief in something greater than herself that brought her through it. My stepfather molested me and abused me my whole life. I was raped as an adult. I am not a wealthy person. Just a middle class American trying to make it day by day. Nobody ever gave me shit. I got here by working my ass off.
Read it again. It is mockery of that promise Zombie Jesus made and then failed to keep. I am saying prayer doesn't work, any better than just pure chance.
If we get anything or anywhere in this life, it don't come from no buybull god.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>That's pure BS. The Noah's Ark story is so absurd it probably wasn't even meant to be taken literally. 140,000 birds on a boat lined with tar? Ugh.
01Justsayin wrote, "
But that's not really what you want to hear is it? I think debating theology with a person who doesn't even believe in said theology to begin with is the very definition of redundancy. Much like this round and round we've got going on here. It's getting boring and redundant. If you don't want to believe in God then more power to you.(snip)"

It's not a matter of "not wanting" to believe in god. I'd love it if there were some all powerful being up there looking after me waiting to answer my prayers, and keeping a place for me in an eternal paradise. Who wouldn't want that? But the reality is, there just isn't any evidence of such a being.
There is plenty of evidence. You just refuse to accept it.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that God works miracles because I am one. This "retarded at best" child was actually born with above average intelligence. God has blessed me with the love of a good man and two beautiful baby girls. I have an education and a family who loves me. Do I have money in the bank? Not much. Yet I still give what I have to charity every chance I get. I am grateful. I am grateful for a chance to live and love and enjoy life. So do I believe in a God who is greater than myself? Absofuckinglutely!
You are of course, suffering servere birth defects, and these defects are something that was verified before you were born? Without this it would take a rather incompetent doctor to diagnose "retarded at best" before birth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Read it again. It is mockery of that promise Zombie Jesus made and then failed to keep. I am saying prayer doesn't work, any better than just pure chance.
If we get anything or anywhere in this life, it don't come from no buybull god.
Read what again? The Bible? I have read it over and over and I will continue to read it, each time learning something new. Zombie Jesus? lol Was Lazarus a zombie too? Lady, do you even know what a zombie is? A zombie was originally a snake deity that derived from west Africa and Haiti. A zombie is a soulless corpse derived by WITCHCRAFT (side note: Do atheists believe in witchcraft?) Jesus never used witchcraft. In fact, he condemned it as sin because of the presence of evil using it brings into our lives. Prayer is powerful. Never doubt that. The Bible says the prayer of a righteous man availeth much. Exactly what promise did Jesus not keep? If getting somewhere in life doesn't come from this "buybull god" as you so eloquently put it, where does it come from?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>You are of course, suffering servere birth defects, and these defects are something that was verified before you were born? Without this it would take a rather incompetent doctor to diagnose "retarded at best" before birth.
You are an idiot if you don't understand the potential birth defects caused by incest. I'm confused. Am I supposedly suffering from birth defects or am I not? You're all over the place. The doc wasn't an idiot, and he was trying to warn a frightened teenage girl about the potential birth defects facing her unborn child which she conceived through an incestuous rape. I fail to see how that needs justifying.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>You are an idiot if you don't understand the potential birth defects caused by incest. I'm confused. Am I supposedly suffering from birth defects or am I not? You're all over the place. The doc wasn't an idiot, and he was trying to warn a frightened teenage girl about the potential birth defects facing her unborn child which she conceived through an incestuous rape. I fail to see how that needs justifying.
Also, your brilliant diagnosis of my supposed birth defects (By the way I didn't see the MD in front of your name. My apologies. I musta missed it) is based solely upon what? My belief in God? Ha So believing in God must mean you have a birth defect? Or at the very least are mentally ill? SMH Big leap! BIG! Where's the logic in this truth, guys?

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Read what again? The Bible? I have read it over and over and I will continue to read it, each time learning something new. Zombie Jesus? lol Was Lazarus a zombie too? Lady, do you even know what a zombie is? A zombie was originally a snake deity that derived from west Africa and Haiti. A zombie is a soulless corpse derived by WITCHCRAFT (side note: Do atheists believe in witchcraft?) Jesus never used witchcraft. In fact, he condemned it as sin because of the presence of evil using it brings into our lives. Prayer is powerful. Never doubt that. The Bible says the prayer of a righteous man availeth much. Exactly what promise did Jesus not keep? If getting somewhere in life doesn't come from this "buybull god" as you so eloquently put it, where does it come from?
My post. The one you misconstrued as something I did not write.

Magic/witch craft same thing when the dead crawl from their graves, as Zombie Jesus is said to have done.

Prayer does nothing, what you are practicing is wishcraft. Mumbo jumbo incantations to influence myth gods. Sin is self inflicted nonsense, a voluntary dirtying of ones image of oneself.

Same place not getting somewhere not getting somewhere comes from, personal choice. Yours is to pretend.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Read what again? The Bible? I have read it over and over and I will continue to read it, each time learning something new. Zombie Jesus? lol Was Lazarus a zombie too?
Zombie.
the body of a dead person given the semblance of life, but mute and will-less, by a supernatural force, usually for some evil purpose.

Yep, lazarus was a zombie, as was jesus, as was the "saints" that rose from the dead and wandered around the streets of jerusalem.

According to christians you will be saved from burning in hell fire by eating jesus flesh and drinking his blood (John 6). So not only have you got zombies, but flesh eating ones.

When you understand it rationally, christianity is not just a religion but a form of mental illness.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

I expect theists reading my post above to ignore it as they always do ;) Why break the spell? Cause reality is more honest.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>My post. The one you misconstrued as something I did not write.

Magic/witch craft same thing when the dead crawl from their graves, as Zombie Jesus is said to have done.

Prayer does nothing, what you are practicing is wishcraft. Mumbo jumbo incantations to influence myth gods. Sin is self inflicted nonsense, a voluntary dirtying of ones image of oneself.

Same place not getting somewhere not getting somewhere comes from, personal choice. Yours is to pretend.
Wow. Do I even dignify this incoherent garbage with an answer? Eh...ok. First of all, exactly what is wishcraft? That a fancy new-age thing or something? Also exactly where does it say in the Bible that Jesus conjured witchcraft? How do you propose "zombie jesus" turned HIMSELF into a zombie precisely? That makes no sense at all. Zombies don't just crawl out of graves all willy nilly, honey.(Seriously?! Could you imagine?) They are MADE. I never conjure any spirits during prayer. I'm not repeating incantations or mumbo jumbo. I'm merely speaking from my heart. Choosing to believe in God is not the same as playing pretend. Where is the proof or evidence to support your "belief" that there is no God?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>Zombie.
the body of a dead person given the semblance of life, but mute and will-less, by a supernatural force, usually for some evil purpose.

Yep, lazarus was a zombie, as was jesus, as was the "saints" that rose from the dead and wandered around the streets of jerusalem.

According to christians you will be saved from burning in hell fire by eating jesus flesh and drinking his blood (John 6). So not only have you got zombies, but flesh eating ones.

When you understand it rationally, christianity is not just a religion but a form of mental illness.
"Given the semblance of life by a supernatural force." What was the supernatural force? For that matter exactly what evil purpose are you speaking of? Before you go quoting a religious belief, you would do well to get your facts straight first. According to Christianity, the only way to receive salvation is to believe in Jesus as your savior because he is the way, the truth, and the life. No man can come unto the father but through the son. The communion is a sacred symbolism of our taking Jesus into our lives and sharing in his sacrifice for our sins. The very sins that keep us from God. Again, the only way to come unto the father is through the son. Bottom line: What proof or evidence do you have to support your BELIEF that God does not exist?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
I expect theists reading my post above to ignore it as they always do ;) Why break the spell? Cause reality is more honest.
This "theist" just responded to your post. Spell BROKEN

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 53 min Patrick 357
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr CunningLinguist 224,019
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 4 hr Liam R 12
Of Interest InTheNews 4 hr Reason Personified 2
Our world came from nothing? 4 hr Patrick 181
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 8 hr Patrick 21,376
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 12 hr Thinking 831
•••
•••