Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#4692 Jan 30, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
Did you actually read the Huffington Post article?
"A previous headline on this story suggested that Ballard believed he found evidence of Noah's Ark. He only found evidence of the flood."

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#4693 Jan 30, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
Did you read the Christianity Today article?
"Ballard says it would be "foolish" to expect to discover Noah's Ark itself. "

Notice, I'm quoting directly from the links you provided. Neither claimed Noah's Ark was found.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#4694 Jan 30, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>I'll take that to mean you don't have a link to the story, because Noah's Ark was never found.
Articles not informative enough? Google it yourself, dude. I'm not your momma.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4695 Jan 30, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>I see you are very familiar with making up things as you go along, much like......theists.
Say you're the intelligent one right?

What was here before the Big Bang?
How did spontaneous life start?
How did all life evolve from one speck the very first speck of life to ever live?
How did a singularity defy gravity and expand to become our universe?
If the universe is 13.7 billion yeas old how come we can see galaxy 13.3 billion light years away when we all know that the universe is grow further apart at an increased speed yet still no way is the explanation close to the speed of light, how did it get out there so far in the given amount of time?

Your faith has some questions to answer.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#4696 Jan 30, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Did you actually read the Huffington Post article?
"A previous headline on this story suggested that Ballard believed he found evidence of Noah's Ark. He only found evidence of the flood."
How much evidence do you need, woman?! Perhaps it's not the evidence you seek. Only another attempt to debunk it. The Bible mentions a flood. This article shows evidence if it. End of story. I presented you with evidence of truth. Scientific proof of the Bible's historical accuracy. Feel free to believe, or not believe, whatever you want.
Rum Cake

Pittsfield, MA

#4697 Jan 30, 2013
Mother Nature speaks to us in many ways. Sadly many humans do not listen and so she reacts accordingly.
Fate

Ban Buggery

Location hidden

#4698 Jan 30, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>And what does that *actual* Big Bang theory say? You know, the one used by cosmologists when they are studying the universe? Does *that* model have an expansion of space (not an explosion) or material moving in space away from a center (explosion)? Hint: the *actual* Big Bang theory is based on general relativity.
Which one?

The nothing exploded to create everything Big Bang?

The bouncing universe Big Bang?

The expanding singularity that defies gravity and the laws of physics?

Which one is it?

Have I missed some?

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#4699 Jan 30, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
"around 7,000 years ago, the region was hit by a very big flood." ... "He guesses that the flood must have been a catastrophic event for the ancient civilization that lived along the shores of the Black Sea. The theory is that the survivors of this flood passed the story from mouth to mouth, over generations. Some believe that this may have inspired the story of Noah’s ark." ...“All we can say is that there has been a major flood, that people were living here when it happened.”

Location hidden

#4700 Jan 30, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever you say dickhat.
Thank you for granting me the ultimate power.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#4701 Jan 30, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
... Noah's ark has been found busted into two pieces and sitting at the top of a mountain in modern day Turkey....
No, it hasn't.
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
... In regards to the Bible. We are in agreement that this ancient book pocesses things that can be verified by archeology. You don't get to handpick what makes it a valid historical document or not. Either it is or it isn't. The fact is the contents of the Bible CAN be verified through the science of archeology....
I've been to Kings Cross Train Station in London. It is also mentioned in Harry Potter. Based on your [il]logic that would mean that Harry Potter is real.

Location hidden

#4702 Jan 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Are you a Can?

Vow!!
AmeriCAN?
AfiCAN?

Location hidden

#4703 Jan 30, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>No, it will not change.
"Reason Personified" wrote:
<quoted text>
"I was a Christain for longer than I have been atheist."

Langoliers wrote:
Well that will certainly change now won't it?

"Reason Personified" wrote:
<quoted text>
"No, it will not change."

So are you planning on becoming Christian again then?

Location hidden

#4704 Jan 30, 2013
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>The word is "theories" not "Theory's."
Really? How embarrassing. I was just letting the auto correct add the apostrophe for me and never really paid it no attention.
Ban Buggery

Pittsfield, MA

#4705 Jan 30, 2013
Mother Nature speaks to us in many ways. Sadly many humans do not listen and so she reacts accordingly.
Fate

I guess that's why gays are trying to 'penetrate' the Boy Scouts.

The naturalists or 'father figures' that they are or wish to appear. Whatta joke.
Institution

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#4706 Jan 30, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are prejudice and quick to judge. Look through the thread and you will encounter a lot of atheists making things up. Anyway this is fun.
No, I've been skimming these posts for a long time. I didn't make up my mind quickly, just became surer and surer with every bit of drivel you have deposited on this thread.

Other than jokes and puns, I've not seen atheists make up anything.

C'est la vie.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#4707 Jan 30, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said I lived outside reality? Certainly not me. Besides what do you know about experiencing this type of belief (in God) anyway? You aren't experiencing it. So how can you judge it? Analyze it even. You know nothing about it. The most you can do is assume.
I hear what you say, but many atheists (like myself) were once theists. We do a little more than assume. Not trying to argue, just saying.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#4708 Jan 30, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Say you're the intelligent one right?
What was here before the Big Bang?
How did spontaneous life start?
How did all life evolve from one speck the very first speck of life to ever live?
How did a singularity defy gravity and expand to become our universe?
If the universe is 13.7 billion yeas old how come we can see galaxy 13.3 billion light years away when we all know that the universe is grow further apart at an increased speed yet still no way is the explanation close to the speed of light, how did it get out there so far in the given amount of time?
Your faith has some questions to answer.
I am not a person of faith.

All the scientific discoveries do not prove or disprove a god. They might upset your version of faith, but that's your problem.

As one teacher once told me, "The bible says god created Adam and Eve, it doesn't say what they looked like." She had faith and I had no argument with her.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#4709 Jan 30, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha God is not a genie. I don't just rub a lamp and get my wish. That is not the way prayer works. Prayer is simply talking to God. No I'm not a skitzo. I'm not talking to myself. I do not hear voices. Just one voice. A still, small voice.
I believe that God has a plan for my life. I also believe in trusting him to guide my footsteps through life. Don't understand it? Don't like it? You ain't got to. It's between me and the God I choose to serve. Quite frankly my belief has nothing to do with you. And you lack the authority to judge it.
Actually it is easier than that, and simpler too. The bible says just "ask in his name", that is it, nothing more. That is why no Christian has ever died, lost a loved one, been anything but super rich, and nary a single one has ever had a bad day.

Look around you, mountains are moving everywhere, and we won't even go into all those prayers being answered concerning their love lives, but suffice it to say, it ain't rated P.G.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#4710 Jan 30, 2013
Ban Buggery wrote:
Fate
I guess that's why gays are trying to 'penetrate' the Boy Scouts.
The naturalists or 'father figures' that they are or wish to appear. Whatta joke.
Institution
Then, I'm afraid your understanding of "Mother Nature" is faulty.

Have you never heard of the Girl Scouts? Sheesh.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#4711 Jan 30, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>No, I've been skimming these posts for a long time. I didn't make up my mind quickly, just became surer and surer with every bit of drivel you have deposited on this thread.

Other than jokes and puns, I've not seen atheists make up anything.

C'est la vie.
I guess you pick and choose. Typical, nothing new.

BAKA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 27 min MUQ1 22,424
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr number four 227,880
Noah's flood real (Oct '12) 2 hr Patrick 4,512
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr John K 493
Can atheists pray? Gretta Vosper on Andrew W.K.... 3 hr Patrick 9
After brutal persecution, Albania 'reopened' to... 4 hr Barbarian 4
Hollywood Actor Reveals What He Thinks Is 'Weir... 4 hr Patrick 141
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE