Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 225)

Showing posts 4,481 - 4,500 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>But we really aren't talking about logic. We are talking about evidence. There is no truth in faith. Anytime someone wants something to be so to the point that they BELIEVE it to be so, that still doesn't make it true. There is no truth in faith.

Verifiable evidence reveals the truth.
There has been plenty of historical evidence to verify and prove the existence of what is written in the Bible. Archeologists have located Noah's Ark as well as the Ark of the Covenant, among other equally significant discoveries. But that's not really what you want to hear is it? I think debating theology with a person who doesn't even believe in said theology to begin with is the very definition of redundancy. Much like this round and round we've got going on here. It's getting boring and redundant. If you don't want to believe in God then more power to you. I don't feel the need to try and convert you. Quite frankly your life decisions don't affect me at all. I respect your right to choose. But don't you dare tell me how to live my life or who I should believe in. You have absolutely no right. No authority whatsoever. Your aggression towards those who choose to believe is uncalled for and unnecessary. You can be free to disbelieve without being aggressive about it. People do it everyday.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
There has been plenty of historical evidence to verify and prove the existence of what is written in the Bible. Archeologists have located Noah's Ark as well as the Ark of the Covenant, among other equally significant discoveries.
Please produce these artifacts or admit you are lying.
01Justsayin wrote:
But that's not really what you want to hear is it? I think debating theology with a person who doesn't even believe in said theology to begin with is the very definition of redundancy. Much like this round and round we've got going on here. It's getting boring and redundant. If you don't want to believe in God then more power to you. I don't feel the need to try and convert you.
There simply is no truth in faith. Just because you want something to be so, doesn't make it that way. Just BELIEVING in your God won't make him real no matter how hard you do it.
01Justsayin wrote:
Quite frankly your life decisions don't affect me at all. I respect your right to choose. But don't you dare tell me how to live my life or who I should believe in. You have absolutely no right. No authority whatsoever. Your aggression towards those who choose to believe is uncalled for and unnecessary. You can be free to disbelieve without being aggressive about it. People do it everyday.
You share the same voting space I do, you vote on the same issues I do. I have to live with the same laws and officials you approve. It absolutely is my concern what other people in this society accept as real because their reality influences how they vote.

So if you believe in stupid crap and vote in such a way to force me to abide by it, that gives me the right to voice my objections.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Simple: strength in numbers. Canines form packs, birds form flocks, even fish in schools. I'm sure they have similar brain chemistry activity when they encounter others of their group as we do when we encounter friends and family.... "Love"!!
Lol Yeah. That's precisely why I married my husband. I wanted to form a pack in case anything in our subdivision decided to attack me. I wanted safety in numbers. Thus our reasoning behind having kids. Strengthening the pack. Maybe later we'll go running through the woods together like real hunter gatherers. Cause going to the grocery store is just too overrated.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not judging; just asking questions.
And I'm just answering them. Ask away.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
There has been plenty of historical evidence to verify and prove the existence of what is written in the Bible. Archeologists have located Noah's Ark as well as the Ark of the Covenant, among other equally significant discoveries.
LMAO. You have *got* to be kidding! No, Noah's ark has not been found. it is a myth, just like the global flood is a myth. The Exodus also is a myth. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>I can talk to a pet rock.

I think your beliefs are silly, but you don't have to run your life past me for approval.
As long as you don't try to impose your beliefs on others, I don't really have a problem with you.
And I think your lack of belief is silly. Your approval is not the one that I seek. Never once during the entire discourse of this conversation have I tried to impose my beliefs upon anyone. Despite your judgmental, aggressive insults. That's not very enlightened of you at all. Or logical even.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol Yeah. That's precisely why I married my husband. I wanted to form a pack in case anything in our subdivision decided to attack me. I wanted safety in numbers. Thus our reasoning behind having kids. Strengthening the pack. Maybe later we'll go running through the woods together like real hunter gatherers. Cause going to the grocery store is just too overrated.
Well, your emotions are triggered by very ancient aspects of our genetics. In today's world, forming a pack is not so important for survival, but not so long ago it was crucial.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I believe in love. It is a wonderful and powerful emotion. Like all emotions, it happens in the brain. But God is not an emotion. It is supposed to be something external to ourselves. And *that* is what you have not demonstrated. I am convinced people have emotions that are classified as 'religious experiences'. I simply don't think they have anything to do with the world outside of their brains.

So why does it bother you so much that someone *doesn't* believe in God?
It doesn't bother me that you don't believe in God. Your life choices don't affect me at all. What does bother me, however, is the level of aggression with which you prove your point. There's absolutely NO need for that.
You don't want to hear about the archeological or historical discoveries that verify what is written within the Bible. And I refuse to debate theology with someone who doesn't believe in it to begin with. I just won't insult my beliefs like that. So think what you want. It's not my job to convince you one way or the other.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>And that is you talking to yourself. You may not believe it is, but if you look deeper, you will find out that is what is going on.

[QUOTE]I believe that God has a plan for my life. I also believe in trusting him to guide my footsteps through life. Don't understand it? Don't like it? You ain't got to. It's between me and the God I choose to serve. Quite frankly my belief has nothing to do with you. And you lack the authority to judge it. "

So why air it in a public forum?
Hahahahahahaha Oh you filthy rascal you. Feel free to think I'm just talking to myself if you want to. Doesn't faze me one bit. I didn't come in here airing my beliefs. I started out simply stating my opinion. Isn't that the reasoning behind starting this thread in the first place? To provide a place for discussion? My beliefs took center stage when you took it upon yourself to attack them. Very aggressively might I add. A fact that still baffles me. Why my beliefs anger you to begin with? You being all logical and all.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pretty much true. Although our society is more complex and varied than most other pack animals, but this is why we form families, neighborhoods, towns, cities and nations ... WE are stronger than any one of us. That's just how it is. And I'm sure you say you love your country as often and as fervently as you say you love your husband.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
You don't want to hear about the archeological or historical discoveries that verify what is written within the Bible......
You don't have any! You are lying!

Why do Christians lie so much? Who would want a religion based on lies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>If you have to believe *before* experiencing, then you are simply deluding yourself. the thing about reality is that it doesn't go away simply because you don't believe in it.
Who said I lived outside reality? Certainly not me. Besides what do you know about experiencing this type of belief (in God) anyway? You aren't experiencing it. So how can you judge it? Analyze it even. You know nothing about it. The most you can do is assume.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't bother me that you don't believe in God. Your life choices don't affect me at all. What does bother me, however, is the level of aggression with which you prove your point. There's absolutely NO need for that.
You don't want to hear about the archeological or historical discoveries that verify what is written within the Bible.
First, any ancient book is going to have some things that can be verified by archeology. The Iliad told the story of the fall of Troy and we have found Troy. That doesn't show that Zeus and Athena existed. Your Bible is somewhat accurate for a time period starting about 900BC and going to about 50 AD. I expect the towns and cities it mentions and many of the people were real people. But that doesn't mean that they were right about the existence of any deity.

If you have any archeological evidence that the Biblical flood happened, or that the Exodus happened, or that Jesus actually existed, please let it be known. because the archeologists i have read don't know of any evidence for these things.
And I refuse to debate theology with someone who doesn't believe in it to begin with. I just won't insult my beliefs like that. So think what you want. It's not my job to convince you one way or the other.
Fair enough. So you don't want to engage in a discussion because people are going to point out where your cherished beliefs are wrong. Your choice.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahahaha Oh you filthy rascal you. Feel free to think I'm just talking to myself if you want to. Doesn't faze me one bit. I didn't come in here airing my beliefs. I started out simply stating my opinion.
How is that *not* airing your beliefs?
Isn't that the reasoning behind starting this thread in the first place? To provide a place for discussion? My beliefs took center stage when you took it upon yourself to attack them. Very aggressively might I add. A fact that still baffles me. Why my beliefs anger you to begin with? You being all logical and all.
Sorry, I am passionate about the truth. I tend to point it out when people make basic logic mistakes or make claims that are demonstrably false.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pure BS. The Noah's Ark story is so absurd it probably wasn't even meant to be taken literally. 140,000 birds on a boat lined with tar? Ugh.
01Justsayin wrote:
But that's not really what you want to hear is it? I think debating theology with a person who doesn't even believe in said theology to begin with is the very definition of redundancy. Much like this round and round we've got going on here. It's getting boring and redundant. If you don't want to believe in God then more power to you.(snip)
It's not a matter of "not wanting" to believe in god. I'd love it if there were some all powerful being up there looking after me waiting to answer my prayers, and keeping a place for me in an eternal paradise. Who wouldn't want that? But the reality is, there just isn't any evidence of such a being.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>First, any ancient book is going to have some things that can be verified by archeology. The Iliad told the story of the fall of Troy and we have found Troy. That doesn't show that Zeus and Athena existed. Your Bible is somewhat accurate for a time period starting about 900BC and going to about 50 AD. I expect the towns and cities it mentions and many of the people were real people. But that doesn't mean that they were right about the existence of any deity.

If you have any archeological evidence that the Biblical flood happened, or that the Exodus happened, or that Jesus actually existed, please let it be known. because the archeologists i have read don't know of any evidence for these things.

[QUOTE] And I refuse to debate theology with someone who doesn't believe in it to begin with. I just won't insult my beliefs like that. So think what you want. It's not my job to convince you one way or the other. "

Fair enough. So you don't want to engage in a discussion because people are going to point out where your cherished beliefs are wrong. Your choice.
We aren't already engaging in discussion? I do cherish my beliefs. And ya can't prove them to be wrong. In regards to the Bible. We are in agreement that this ancient book pocesses things that can be verified by archeology. You don't get to handpick what makes it a valid historical document or not. Either it is or it isn't. The fact is the contents of the Bible CAN be verified through the science of archeology. Noah's ark has been found busted into two pieces and sitting at the top of a mountain in modern day Turkey. I really could go on and on. Why is this even a discussion?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>How is that *not* airing your beliefs?

[QUOTE] Isn't that the reasoning behind starting this thread in the first place? To provide a place for discussion? My beliefs took center stage when you took it upon yourself to attack them. Very aggressively might I add. A fact that still baffles me. Why my beliefs anger you to begin with? You being all logical and all. "

Sorry, I am passionate about the truth. I tend to point it out when people make basic logic mistakes or make claims that are demonstrably false.
Religion is not demonstrably false. You cannot disprove it. I think you're using the word "passionate" very loosely in this case. Your passion is borderline aggressive and offensive.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
We aren't already engaging in discussion? I do cherish my beliefs. And ya can't prove them to be wrong. In regards to the Bible. We are in agreement that this ancient book pocesses things that can be verified by archeology. You don't get to handpick what makes it a valid historical document or not. Either it is or it isn't. The fact is the contents of the Bible CAN be verified through the science of archeology. Noah's ark has been found busted into two pieces and sitting at the top of a mountain in modern day Turkey. I really could go on and on. Why is this even a discussion?
Can you provide a link to this Noah's Ark story?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Can you provide a link to this Noah's Ark story?
What? The archeological discovery? Sure. You know google works on your web browser as well right? Hold on.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Can you provide a link to this Noah's Ark story?
Here's one link:
http://blog.christianitytoday.com/ctliveblog/...

Here's another one:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/10/evid...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,481 - 4,500 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••