Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
4,441 - 4,460 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't tell you what hope you should cling to, that's your business. But either god exists, or he doesn't. Since there is no evidence he does, why believe he does?
Why not? I can't see the wind, but I know it's there. I can see the effects of the wind, but I can't see the wind. There's a mystery to it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>there is hope in faith and there is faith in hope, but there is no truth in either one.
Spiritual truth isn't something you see, taste, or touch. It must be felt with the soul.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? I can't see the wind, but I know it's there. I can see the effects of the wind, but I can't see the wind. There's a mystery to it.
You can feel the wind with your hands. You can measure wind speed with instruments.

Please stop using this terrible, terrible analogy.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Spiritual truth isn't something you see, taste, or touch. It must be felt with the soul.
How does one discern spiritual truth from spiritual untruth? Why is spiritual "truth" so dependent on culture when it should be universal?

There wouldn't be any problem getting an American Christian, a Saudi Muslim, and an Indian Hindu to agree on the color of something, or whether or the speed at which a ball falls from the sky, or who won World War 2.

But they'd totally disagree on spiritual "truths".
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, truth is objective.*Opinions* are subjective. That is the difference between the two.
No,truth is projected to the subjective,and they take it on faith.

uh,mmmmm yea.(stroking my imaginary beard)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>You can feel the wind with your hands. You can measure wind speed with instruments.

Please stop using this terrible, terrible analogy.
Hahahahaha And I can FEEL God in with heart. You keep disputing something with logic that was never meant to be analyzed by the mind. It was meant to be felt with the soul. You can't measure a man's faith with all the scientific instruments in the world. Why would you? Let a man have faith. He's not hurting anybody by it.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
That should be pretty hard to do since you can not prove anything spiritual exists, not even a soul, any soul. You got nothing but a vivid imagination.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahaha And I can FEEL God in with heart. You keep disputing something with logic that was never meant to be analyzed by the mind. It was meant to be felt with the soul. You can't measure a man's faith with all the scientific instruments in the world. Why would you? Let a man have faith. He's not hurting anybody by it.
The first ones with this "faith" butchered poor Hyperia of Alexandria, an innocent librarian. People following this faith have committed thousands of atrocities since then.

"Those who can convince us of absurdity can lead us to commit atrocity." ~Voltaire

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>That should be pretty hard to do since you can not prove anything spiritual exists, not even a soul, any soul. You got nothing but a vivid imagination.
LMAO! I said earlier that I wouldn't debate theology with someone who doesn't believe in it anyway so I won't. Call it what you want. It's still MY belief. And I'm entitled to it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>The first ones with this "faith" butchered poor Hyperia of Alexandria, an innocent librarian. People following this faith have committed thousands of atrocities since then.

"Those who can convince us of absurdity can lead us to commit atrocity." ~Voltaire
That wasn't faith. That was hate issued by men who used their "faith"as a shield to justify their heinous actions. You see it happen all the time. It's never right. Faith within itself is harmless. It's what people choose to do with it that creates a positive or negative outcome. Just because there are some bad apples doesn't mean the entire tree is rotten. Mankind has the potential to corrupt anything. Also, I like Voltaire.:)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! I said earlier that I wouldn't debate theology with someone who doesn't believe in it anyway so I won't. Call it what you want. It's still MY belief. And I'm entitled to it.
When people sit around a hooka, they start to believe a lot of things that ain't so.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>When people sit around a hooka, they start to believe a lot of things that ain't so.
Lol No hooka here, bub.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't faith. That was hate issued by men who used their "faith"as a shield to justify their heinous actions. You see it happen all the time. It's never right. Faith within itself is harmless. It's what people choose to do with it that creates a positive or negative outcome. Just because there are some bad apples doesn't mean the entire tree is rotten. Mankind has the potential to corrupt anything. Also, I like Voltaire.:)
Well then, so much for religion instilling a greater morality amongst it's followers. It seems to me a religion ordained by God would be more effective. But then I would think God would manage finances better for his churches ... seems they are always broke and asking for money.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol No hooka here, bub.
Sure smells like a lota loco weed round here.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
No mystery. We can reduce the temperature and obtain the carbon dioxide, nitrogen, and oxygen that make up the air. When they are liquid, we can actually see them. We can also weight the air, observe its effects in chemical reactions, and measure the force produced by the air.

Seeing is only one method of measurement and is not at all the most informative. But, we can actually also see the air under certain circumstances: heat waves over a hot grill, for example. This allows us to actually see the differences in density of the air.

And, lest you claim this is different than seeing in other cases, in *every* case, we don't see the thing itself, but only the effect of that thing on light. When we see a chair, we actually see the reflected light, not the chair itself. And, in order to see it, that light has to interact with the chair, being absorbed and reflected in different colors.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
And is the 'soul' a reliable measuring device? For that matter, where, exactly, is the soul? How do we know it is there? Will two different people always measure the same 'spiritual truth'? By all the evidence, we can say not.

In other words, you claim the existence of an instrument that is unreliable, cannot be detected in any way (other than by itself) and you want to claim that the detection it does is truthful? Really?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you don't attempt to teach your superstitions in schools, or legislate them in Congress, or belittle those who disagree, I have no problem with your belief.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Well then, so much for religion instilling a greater morality amongst it's followers. It seems to me a religion ordained by God would be more effective. But then I would think God would manage finances better for his churches ... seems they are always broke and asking for money.
ROFL! Why do you keep blaming God for the actions of some corrupt men? Humans have free will. Our choices are our own. Religion is not the same thing as having a relationship. Man made institutions are just that. Nothing more. Why is it so hard for you to put the blame on the individuals responsible for the actions instead of passing the buck onto God or Christians in general? Aren't we all responsible for our own actions? Isn't that part of being an adult?

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL! Why do you keep blaming God for the actions of some corrupt men? Humans have free will. Our choices are our own. Religion is not the same thing as having a relationship. Man made institutions are just that. Nothing more. Why is it so hard for you to put the blame on the individuals responsible for the actions instead of passing the buck onto God or Christians in general? Aren't we all responsible for our own actions? Isn't that part of being an adult?
On the other hand, why do people give credit to God when things go well?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>No mystery. We can reduce the temperature and obtain the carbon dioxide, nitrogen, and oxygen that make up the air. When they are liquid, we can actually see them. We can also weight the air, observe its effects in chemical reactions, and measure the force produced by the air.

Seeing is only one method of measurement and is not at all the most informative. But, we can actually also see the air under certain circumstances: heat waves over a hot grill, for example. This allows us to actually see the differences in density of the air.

And, lest you claim this is different than seeing in other cases, in *every* case, we don't see the thing itself, but only the effect of that thing on light. When we see a chair, we actually see the reflected light, not the chair itself. And, in order to see it, that light has to interact with the chair, being absorbed and reflected in different colors.
Seeing isn't believing. Believing is seeing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••