Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
4,361 - 4,380 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
This "Buy-bull" is this a book on evolution?
Posted earlier by derek4
Challenging Darwin's Myths
The essence of Darwin's theory is that all living creatures descended from a single anscestor. All the plants, animals, and other organisms that exist today are products of random mutation and natural selection—or survival of the fittest.
According to Darwin, nature acts like a breeder, carefully scrutinizing every organism. As useful new traits appear, they are preserved and passed on to the next generation. Harmful traits are eliminated. Although each individual change is relatively small, these changes eventually accumulate until organisms develop new limbs, organs, or other parts. Given enough time, organisms may change so radically that they bear almost no resemblance to their original ancsestor.
Most importantly, all this happens without any purposeful input—no Creator, no Intelligent Designer. In Darwin's view, chance and nature are all you need.
This all sounds very elegant and plausible. Problem is, it's never been supported by any convincing data.
Not true, there is lots of evidence for evolution.
And none for god.
I've asked you many times for some, and you haven't provided ANY.

Langoliers wrote:
For example, consider the fossil evidence. If Darwinism were true, the fossil evidence should show lots of gradual change, with one species slowly grading into the next. In fact, it should be hard to tell where one species ends and another begins. But that's not what we find.
Why? Seems to me the vast, vast majority of animals who die would not be fossilized. And members of species that didn't quite "make it" would be less likely to be fossilized, and they would end up in the gut of members of species who did.
Langoliers wrote:
As Darwin himself pointed out in his book, The Origin of Species:
...The number of intermediate varieties, which have formerly existed on the earth,[must] be truly enormous. Why then is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely graded organic chain; and this, perhaps, is the most obvious and gravest objection which can be urged against my theory.
Darwin, of course, attributed this problem to the imperfection of the fossil evidence, and the youthful state of paleontology. As the discipline matured, and as scientists found more fossils, the gaps would slowly start to fill.
continued:
“... Darwinism is ultimately based as much on philosophical assumptions as on scientific evidence.
This admission, which took place at a national meeting of country's largest science society, the American Association for the Advancement of Science, scandalized the Darwinist community, which likes to portray evolution as an indisputable fact. It was all the more scandalous because the speaker had specifically been invited to the meeting to denounce Johnson.
So things are slowly beginning to change. Creationists are still far from winning, but things are getting better. As Johnson points out, creationist arguments are getting more sophisticated, while most Darwinists are still responding with cliches. Thus, it's now the creationists who come across as asking the hard questions, and demanding fair debate.
All creationists can say is, "Zap! God did it."
They don't have any actual arguments.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>I am much younger, decades and decades younger than everyone on your list, but I am going to outlive them all.

I am older than what, dipshit. I'd have to find each one of those women's birth dates and then check the month and days, to find what? That I am older than some, and younger than some? That is .. what I would find, but it makes no difference to me. It is you, with a problem.

You are the mental defective who assumed that entering one's third quarter century meant being 75 years old or older. It is not my fault that your brain can not compute that one entering their first quarter century would make that person a newborn, and entering their second quarter century would be someone who has got to their mid twenties, and entering the third quarter century has past 50. Entering the forth quarter century would mean that person was past 75. But since I celebrated my last birthday and said publicly and proudly that I had entered my third quarter century, you have had a field day acting like my age is something to be ashamed of. Besides making you look like an idiot,(I am proud to have lived this long and this well) it magnifies your colossal ignorance.

Well maybe I should tell you what I am ashamed of, I am ashamed that our education systems have failed so many and that you could leave Notre Dame with two degrees and not know basic primary school arithmetic.

I am older and wiser than you and I chose to delete religious stupidity from my life. You have no such enlightened future in front of you. You are pawn to an insidious mind fuck which strangles the humanity from it's 10%'ers. That is your total value to your god and his spell casters, at least until you have children, then your children will be considered ripe for the picking. Unless and until they decide to make you eat those progeny of yours.
Lol! Just because you say you're 50 doesn't mean you are. It has nothing to do with math, it has a lot to do with you and your lies. Notre Dame was amazing and because of that university I am living a very comfortable living with my businesses. Ashamed of the universities? Who cares what you think? What have you done to help others? What have you done to become a good person? I am probably paying taxes for your Medicare. You're welcome! Now go back and put on your hug me jacket.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't grasp that God can do anything he wishes. Remember day
one? Let there be light? He didn't need the sun now did he?
The story just shows the ignorance of the people who made up the story! The believed night and day existed before the sun did. They didn't know sunlight comes from the sun, and moonlight is just reflected sun light. They didn't know plants need light and heat to grow. They thought the earth was flat. They didn't know about DNA.
Langoliers wrote:
There could be liquid water on a moon around Saturn. That water would not be a liquid because of the heat of from the sun. There are other sources for everything.
Could be. Doesn't change the fact that plants need heat and light to grow.
How about providing some evidence god exists?

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya right it was a slow explosion.
"About 15 billion years ago a tremendous explosion started the expansion of the universe. This explosion is known as the Big Bang."
http://www.umich.edu/~gs265/bigbang.htm
"The energy released in a cosmic gamma-rayburst detected in December 1997 is the most energy ever detected from an explosion in theUniverse, perhaps making it the most powerful explosion since the creation of the Universe in theBig Bang."
http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/features/ne...
"The universe began, scientists believe, with every speck of its energy jammed into a very tiny point. This extremely dense point exploded with unimaginable force, creating matter and propelling it outward to make the billions of galaxies of our vast universe. Astrophysicists dubbed this titanic explosion the Big Bang. "
http://www.exploratorium.edu/origins/cern/ide...
" If all the mass of the universe was compressed into a small volume 15 billion years ago, its density and temperature must have been phenomenal. A tremendous explosion would have caused the start of the expansion,"
http://www.enotes.com/big-bang-theory-referen...
These are dumbed down articles for plebes like you. It was an expansion not an explosion.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no!
Reported for impersonating a teen girl.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Now why would you assume that I didn't understand you?
But what about all those science web sites claiming it was the bang of all bangs?
Ok let's look at it the way you say, a
S L O W explosion.
the big bang. Where nothing exploded and created everything. Or as some now are changing it up to sound less ridicules claim that when a singular (that contained all matter in the cosmos and was no bigger then this period .) exploded S L O W L Y creating everything.
How could it expand slowly, gravity would pull it back together FAST would it not? How could a slow expansion cause enough heat to start fusion?
Ya this explanation sounds way more plausible. One other thing. What made it explode?
It had been sitting there for most of an entirety then just on a whim it thought
"Hey let's try something different"?
I don't want to sound skeptical but you buy this?
Yes sir, you folks really have something to hang your hat on with that one.
English must a second language for you because I never used the word slow either that or you are an out right lier.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
English must a second language for you because I never used the word slow either that or you are an out right lier.
You misspelled liar. Just keeping it clean here.

I have other general grammar questions for another time.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You misspelled liar. Just keeping it clean here.
I have other general grammar questions for another time.
Hey, I have just gotten home and haven't eaten for 13 hours.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Why should anyone care what the bible says?
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
There is a huge difference between facts and evidence. There is lots of evidence of God's existence.
One piece of evidence is the Bible.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I have just gotten home and haven't eaten for 13 hours.
I walked (rode occasionally) from the Atlantic to the Pacific. Food was the least of my worries.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
You clearly need to learn the difference between a needle and the universe.
Do you KNOW the difference between a needle and Universe?

A needle shows you that some "human" made it, whilst this "Universe" shows that it came by "Itself"?

Boy You are really great!!

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Hey look he's scampering into stupidity! Lol!

You're imagination with grand claims does not prove that god exists.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
There could be liquid water on a moon around Saturn. That water would not be a liquid because of the heat of from the sun. There are other sources for everything.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

When and where did I make a metal comment? We see your Christian faith leads you to thoughts of gun violence just like the guy at Sandy Hook.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I better not talk to you or I'll get reported. LOL
Did that posting scare you? I'm so sorry it was a joke in reference to his metal comment. Lead is a metal you know?
I'm really not too dangers you know.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you KNOW the difference between a needle and Universe?
A needle shows you that some "human" made it, whilst this "Universe" shows that it came by "Itself"?
Boy You are really great!!
Do you know how to cook?

Do you know how to use a cigarette filter?

Can you cook it on a can?

I can.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Muq doesn't know how to use toilet paper. Don't ask him cruel questions like that.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how to cook?
Do you know how to use a cigarette filter?
Can you cook it on a can?
I can.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, about 200 grains of lead to the head.
Satan must be so proud of you.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"I was a Christain for longer than I have been atheist."
Well that will certainly change now won't it?
Is that 'Langoliers' for "sorry, I was wrong, you do know what you are talking about"?

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
See that is all noise, nothing but the ad campaigns. What we know for sure is that Jehovah fell before the iron chariot. So you are lying, your god is but a paper failure. Barney Fife in a toga and white beard.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! Just because you say you're 50 doesn't mean you are. It has nothing to do with math, it has a lot to do with you and your lies. Notre Dame was amazing and because of that university I am living a very comfortable living with my businesses. Ashamed of the universities? Who cares what you think? What have you done to help others? What have you done to become a good person? I am probably paying taxes for your Medicare. You're welcome! Now go back and put on your hug me jacket.
Lies? Not ever. Just because you say you are educated, doesn't mean you are.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>Reported for impersonating a teen girl.
Now that's funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Buck Crick 224,358
Our world came from nothing? 11 hr NightSerf 240
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 15 hr Patrick 385
What does "Atheism" mean? 16 hr Reason Personified 10
Introducing The Universal Religion 17 hr Reason Personified 733
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 22 hr DonPanic 21,400
Talking some sense into you people... 23 hr religionisillness 24
•••
•••