Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14656 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#4507 Jan 28, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
Langoliers is the perfect example of why:-
"Why Atheism Will Replace Religion"
Just not soon enough.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#4508 Jan 28, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry petrified but God doesn't give consent. People choose what they do and some of those choices are very bad. As far as immature, many people posting here are very immature. You just accept other atheists immaturity but quick to comment on theists.
If he exists he is giving consent, but we know he doesn't exist and we know those men who would use the infants, are pedophiles.
Actually most topix posters are not really immature, and that would include atheist and theist. What they most often are, is angry. But for immaturity, you are very near the top of the list, followed by a couple more theist, and seriously almost no atheist. Why is that?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4509 Jan 28, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! Oh, what a horrible lie, it's not a 1% difference, it's a 5% difference. Look, the point is there is very little difference. The exact number isn't the issue.

The story of creation in Genesis is a Bronze Age myth. Eve was made from Adam's rib. Eve would have had the same DNA Adam did. Eve would have been a man. We can dismiss that story as false.
He was off by 400%.

Location hidden

#4510 Jan 28, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Be honest.
I said, "Just more likely intellectually lazy people will believe "god did it all." "
At least it was what you said not what you quoted.

Location hidden

#4511 Jan 28, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Don't know.
But I do know the creation story in Genesis is nothing but a Bronze Age myth.
How do I know? It's full of absurdities. It has night and day, and plants growing before there is a sun. It has talking snakes.
"But I do know the creation story in Genesis is nothing but a Bronze Age myth."

Facts backing up your statement would make you rich. You obvious have no facts to back up your claim of Genesis being a myth. Nobody does.

Location hidden

#4512 Jan 28, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Since there is no evidence at all for your god's existence, there is no reason to believe he does. Doesn't matter what I'd rather believe.
Wrong.
There is a huge difference between facts and evidence. There is lots of evidence of God's existence.
One piece of evidence is the Bible.

Location hidden

#4513 Jan 28, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Provide some evidence of his existence.
Free clue: Buy-bull quotes don't count.
Buy-bull is that a book on Spontaneous life (also known as life on the rocks).

Location hidden

#4514 Jan 28, 2013
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>You can't use the Bible to prove the Bible. Who created God, and who created the creator of God?
How did nothing explode to create everything?

How did rain falling on rocks create life?

How come some planets in our solar system are spinning the wrong way?

Earth,TX

#4515 Jan 28, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Michelle Pfeiffer, Demi Moore, Madonna, Susan Sarandon, Jennifer Tilly, Julianne Moore, Elizabeth Perkins, Lea Thompson, Emma Thompson, Angela Basset, Annette Bening, Holly Hunter, Sharon Stone, Geena Davis, Kim Catrall, and Cher are not on these threads bashing religion. Some are full of plastic! Are you? You are older so stop lying. You are more like the following:
Doris Eaton Travis 105 (Actress, Dancer, Ziegfeld Girl)
Mona Ray (104)
Barbara Kent 102 (Actress)
Dorothy Young 102 (Performer)
Miriam Seegar 101 (Actress)
Pola Illery 100 (Actress)
Dorothy Bartlam 100 (Actress)
Dolores Hope 100 (Wife of Comedian-Actor Bob Hope)
I am much younger, decades and decades younger than everyone on your list, but I am going to outlive them all.

I am older than what, dipshit. I'd have to find each one of those women's birth dates and then check the month and days, to find what? That I am older than some, and younger than some? That is .. what I would find, but it makes no difference to me. It is you, with a problem.

You are the mental defective who assumed that entering one's third quarter century meant being 75 years old or older. It is not my fault that your brain can not compute that one entering their first quarter century would make that person a newborn, and entering their second quarter century would be someone who has got to their mid twenties, and entering the third quarter century has past 50. Entering the forth quarter century would mean that person was past 75. But since I celebrated my last birthday and said publicly and proudly that I had entered my third quarter century, you have had a field day acting like my age is something to be ashamed of. Besides making you look like an idiot,(I am proud to have lived this long and this well) it magnifies your colossal ignorance.

Well maybe I should tell you what I am ashamed of, I am ashamed that our education systems have failed so many and that you could leave Notre Dame with two degrees and not know basic primary school arithmetic.

I am older and wiser than you and I chose to delete religious stupidity from my life. You have no such enlightened future in front of you. You are pawn to an insidious mind fuck which strangles the humanity from it's 10%'ers. That is your total value to your god and his spell casters, at least until you have children, then your children will be considered ripe for the picking. Unless and until they decide to make you eat those progeny of yours.

North Hollywood, CA

#4516 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
He was off by 400%.
You can play with numbers all you like, but the point was there isn't much difference between human and chimp DNA.

Location hidden

#4517 Jan 28, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>1. Abiogenesis.
2. Big Bang.

and for the 900th time it was not an explosion.

All you have done is demonstrate your total ignorance. If you ever went to school get a refund.
Ya right it was a slow explosion.

"About 15 billion years ago a tremendous explosion started the expansion of the universe. This explosion is known as the Big Bang."

http://www.umich.edu/~gs265/bigbang.htm

"The energy released in a cosmic gamma-rayburst detected in December 1997 is the most energy ever detected from an explosion in theUniverse, perhaps making it the most powerful explosion since the creation of the Universe in theBig Bang."

http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/features/ne...

"The universe began, scientists believe, with every speck of its energy jammed into a very tiny point. This extremely dense point exploded with unimaginable force, creating matter and propelling it outward to make the billions of galaxies of our vast universe. Astrophysicists dubbed this titanic explosion the Big Bang. "

http://www.exploratorium.edu/origins/cern/ide...

" If all the mass of the universe was compressed into a small volume 15 billion years ago, its density and temperature must have been phenomenal. A tremendous explosion would have caused the start of the expansion,"

http://www.enotes.com/big-bang-theory-referen...
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#4518 Jan 28, 2013
Cream bun.
At arm's length.
Keeps wasps.
From t'face.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#4519 Jan 28, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
Langoliers is the perfect example of why:-
"Why Atheism Will Replace Religion"
Getting upset? Good

North Hollywood, CA

#4520 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
There is a huge difference between facts and evidence. There is lots of evidence of God's existence.
One piece of evidence is the Bible.
LOL.
You can't use the Buy-bull as evidence for god's existence! That's like saying Star Trek episodes are evidence that Vulcans exist.

North Hollywood, CA

#4521 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Buy-bull is that a book on Spontaneous life (also known as life on the rocks).
Say "Buy-bull" out loud.

Earth,TX

#4522 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I see so you have a faith that you know little about but you try and discredit a faith you know even less about. Makes sense!
I was a Christain for longer than I have been atheist.

Living it, studying it and being born into it, made sure that I know what I am talking about. Three decades of reading and studying the bible, was enough. I could no longer deny the contradictions, I could not pretend that any of it could be the words of a perfect, loving or all powerful god.

You obviously don't know it very well at all. Those who know it use it, to thier own advantage. Those who do not know it are used, and manipulated into not seeing what is in it.

North Hollywood, CA

#4523 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"But I do know the creation story in Genesis is nothing but a Bronze Age myth."
Facts backing up your statement would make you rich. You obvious have no facts to back up your claim of Genesis being a myth. Nobody does.
Let's see...
Plants growing before there is a sun.
Genesis, dismissed.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#4524 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, any more than you know who created God. Nobody really knows how the whole world was created.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#4525 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya right it was a slow explosion.
You obviously have a problem with the English language so I will type very slowly:-

It was not an explosion.

Why do you incest on making a fool of yourself?

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#4526 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting upset? Good
How can I get upset with the mentally retarded? I only feel sorry for you. As the human race advances in knowledge you will only get left further and further behind. You are are obsolete as the ideas in your precious bibull.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min ChristineM 244,753
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 7 min Eagle 12 10,681
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 11 min ChristineM 20,521
Santa vs. God: logic? 58 min Shizle 2
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes 4 hr Shizle 11
Is the Christian god good? 5 hr Shizle 4
Atheist believe, they are just hiding!!! 23 hr Richardfs 18
More from around the web