Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4487 Jan 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>god is man made nonsense, as is the buy-bull.
Again this Buy-bull thing? Is that a book on evolution?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4488 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes ironic! Because no ape or monkey has a fused chromosome number 2 we must be related because we do have a fused number 2 chromosome.
Humans: 23 chromosome pairs
Chimps: 24 chromosome pairs

Underlying theory: Humans and apes have common ancestry.

Hypothesis: If theory is true, either one of two things is should be found:(1) The common ancestor had 23 chromosomes and chimps will have two chromosomes that look like a split of one of the human chromosomes or (2) The common ancestor had 24 chromosomes and humans will have a chromosome that looks like a fusion of two chimp chromosomes.

Experiment: Check the human and chimp genome

Result: Human chromosome 2 is a fusion of two chromosomes that match chimp chromosomes 2a and 2b. The Theory of Evolution's prediction was correct. The theory is bolstered.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#4489 Jan 28, 2013
Trollocks.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh is there a license needed to talk about science myths?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#4490 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an incorrect assumption.
God created our universe and all in it. Along with all the laws of physics. But you see he is outside of his creation which includes time.
Everything in this universe is made of energy. Energy can never be created nor destroyed. No creator is required.

Location hidden

#4491 Jan 28, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>Humans: 23 chromosome pairs
Chimps: 24 chromosome pairs

Underlying theory: Humans and apes have common ancestry.

Hypothesis: If theory is true, either one of two things is should be found:(1) The common ancestor had 23 chromosomes and chimps will have two chromosomes that look like a split of one of the human chromosomes or (2) The common ancestor had 24 chromosomes and humans will have a chromosome that looks like a fusion of two chimp chromosomes.

Experiment: Check the human and chimp genome

Result: Human chromosome 2 is a fusion of two chromosomes that match chimp chromosomes 2a and 2b. The Theory of Evolution's prediction was correct. The theory is bolstered.
Theory Humans have a fused chromosome and no member of the ape family has this therefore different ancestors.

A banana has a lot of the same DNA as Man, did a monkey peel a banana and release a man?

Location hidden

#4492 Jan 28, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Everything in this universe is made of energy. Energy can never be created nor destroyed. No creator is required.
What made the Energy in the first place?

Where did it come from?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4493 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Theory Humans have a fused chromosome and no member of the ape family has this therefore different ancestors.
Multiple fails in one sentence.

- You have no prediction.
- You have no explanation for why humans have a fused chromosome. It makes no sense under Creationism.
- Your conclusion does not follow from your premises.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#4494 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what the Buy-bull is.
It doesn't sound like something God would use. Is it some sort of science book? Perhaps a book on evolution?
Say it out loud.

North Hollywood, CA

#4495 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Felt the need to lie did ya?
"A new report in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences suggests that the common value of >98% similarity of DNA between chimp and humans is incorrect.1 Roy Britten, author of the study, puts the figure at about 95% when insertions and deletions are included. Importantly, there is much more to these studies than people realize."
So because chimps and banana trees are about 50% the same DNA does this make chimps cannibals or humans for that matter?
LOL! Oh, what a horrible lie, it's not a 1% difference, it's a 5% difference. Look, the point is there is very little difference. The exact number isn't the issue.

The story of creation in Genesis is a Bronze Age myth. Eve was made from Adam's rib. Eve would have had the same DNA Adam did. Eve would have been a man. We can dismiss that story as false.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#4496 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes ironic! Because no ape or monkey has a fused chromosome number 2 we must be related because we do have a fused number 2 chromosome.
Better think again

"Dr. Ken Miller talks about the relationship between Homo sapiens and the other primates. He discusses a recent finding of the Human Genome Project which identifies the exact point of fusion of two primate chromosomes that resulted in human chromosome #2."

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#4497 Jan 28, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Say it out loud.
"Camelot!!!!"

That was my best singing voice.

North Hollywood, CA

#4498 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Just more likely intellectually"
That's my point. Thanks.
Be honest.
I said, "Just more likely intellectually lazy people will believe "god did it all." "

North Hollywood, CA

#4499 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
And how did life start?
How did nothing explode to create everything?
Don't know.
But I do know the creation story in Genesis is nothing but a Bronze Age myth.
How do I know? It's full of absurdities. It has night and day, and plants growing before there is a sun. It has talking snakes.

North Hollywood, CA

#4500 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation 1:8 - I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."
The answer to your question is nothing.
So does this blow your mind?
You would rather believe that nothing exploded to create everything?
Since there is no evidence at all for your god's existence, there is no reason to believe he does. Doesn't matter what I'd rather believe.

North Hollywood, CA

#4501 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an incorrect assumption.
God created our universe and all in it. Along with all the laws of physics. But you see he is outside of his creation which includes time.
Provide some evidence of his existence.
Free clue: Buy-bull quotes don't count.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#4502 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh is there a license needed to talk about science myths?
It is called education, something you lack.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#4503 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation 1:8 - I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."
The answer to your question is nothing.
So does this blow your mind?
You would rather believe that nothing exploded to create everything?
You can't use the Bible to prove the Bible. Who created God, and who created the creator of God?

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#4504 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
And how did life start?
How did nothing explode to create everything?
1. Abiogenesis.
2. Big Bang.

and for the 900th time it was not an explosion.

All you have done is demonstrate your total ignorance. If you ever went to school get a refund.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#4505 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes
The Big Bang for one.
More BS from an ignorant godbot.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#4506 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers is the perfect example of why:-
"Why Atheism Will Replace Religion"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min thewordofme 233,206
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 40 min geezerjock 5,957
faith & pride 44 min geezerjock 1
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr JOEL 23,278
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 3 hr _Bad Company 214
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 3 hr thetruth 2,624
Pastor who gave up God for a year after getting... 3 hr thetruth 3
More from around the web