Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,391

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#4446 Jan 27, 2013
I thought Walmart was more your speed.

Glad to be of help half wit. So we can see how the door greeter and head manager are very different now apply that to how different the Big Bang evolution and abiogenesis are. Which btw even if all were incorrect it still wouldn't prove a god.

I deserve a medal for this!
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You comparing Walmart to science is a good fit though.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#4447 Jan 27, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
What is easier to swallow one God or all of this?
The Big Bang
1) when nothing exploded creating everything.
2) when a singularity (that came from?) blew up creating everything
3) a bouncing universe (that started when?)
Spontaneous life
1) rain falling on rocks created life
Evolution
1) one speck of life mutating to form all life that ever was and is alive today.
So you merely want to take the path of least resistance. IOW, "goddidit" gives you an excuse to be intellectually lazy and sloppy.

Again, your problem, not mine.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#4448 Jan 27, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
The Big Bang
Spontaneous life
Evolution
1) one speck of life mutating to form all life that ever was and is alive today.
Science doesn't claim that rain falling on rocks created life. Maybe some religion does. Doesn't yours claim that a big powerful deity came along and turned mud into life?

Science doesn't actually explain how the universe got here. It attempts to explain what we observe - that the Big Bang happened, that the universe is expanding, that life exists and evolves.

For me, it's a lot more believable than someone like you telling me they "know" how everything happened and then you provide just one word, no explanation. "God did it" is non-explanatory, cannot produce new knowledge and technology, and is intellectual laziness.

It's impossible to draw a testable, disprovable hypothesis from "God creates all species." It's impossible to go from "God creates all species" to "How do we solve the problem of malaria?" for example, and "why do children born into poverty suffer from short stature, among other bodily problems?" for another.

Your claim - that some deity did everything - leads no where useful. Evolution, on the other hand, presents plenty of testable, disprovable hypotheses. It provides an explanatory framework that generates new knowledge and technology - solutions to medical problems, answers to biomedical questions.

Try to demonstrate how a creationist stance can generate testable, disprovable hypotheses. How can we attempt to understand malaria through creationism?
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#4449 Jan 27, 2013
And I got mohammed's picture.

www.redmolotov.com/images/designs/muhammad_de...
Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>
NOW TRY THAT WITH JESUS!!! LOLLLL
You see, Mickey is more real than Jesus ever was or will be or is!!!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#4450 Jan 27, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I understand but you obviously don't
A chromosome being fused in all humans is only proof that a common ancestor had it (Moses). Apes not having it does not proof we evolved from apes it's evidence that we may not have (we didn't).
Science calling me an ape is nothing more then name calling.
The common ancestor is with Pan. It's quite a bit before Moses.

This is a fantastic example of why creationism is useless. We can use the question: "why does the human chromosome two look exactly like 2 parts of Pan chromosomes, but has centromeres?"

Creationism: let's deny what we see and claim God created us separately.

Evolution: the exact DNA information share by Homo and Pan tells us about their shared phylgenetic history. It's impossible that Homo and Pan are not related based on this observation.

Creationism: No, I suggest we ignore evidence and claim that God just likes to reuse parts, even if they are non-coding mutations.

Evolution: hahaha! This is why creationism has no voice in science. You guys are insecure about your faith, cannot accept reality and seem incapable of having faith within this observable reality.

That tells us that your deity is fictional. That you must ignore evidence, that you need to deny scientific observation, so that you can have a very specific kind of deity, means your deity cannot exist if the reality described by science is accurate.

Since you are incapable of producing better observations than science, your deity is false - and it's false because you are incapable of having faith in a deity that would create the world as described by science.

I find that remarkably ironic.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#4451 Jan 27, 2013
Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a 1% difference in the DNA between humans and chimps.
It really depends on what DNA you are looking at.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#4452 Jan 27, 2013
No one Evolved from chickens.
Humans share about 60% of DNA with chickens.
Humans and chickens share a common ancestor.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicken out? Did some people evolved from Chicken also? You make a very interesting post.
And as for as your comment that every one is evolving, may be you are still in your primate or semi ape like stage.
Because reason is the "only thing" missing from your posts.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#4453 Jan 27, 2013
Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW, YOU SOUND LIKE A NUT IN THE NUT-HOUSE.
When you nuts bring a block of coal intact today for examination not some piece of garbage from 1844 then someone might listen to your delusional drivel. The science that put people in space is the science that concludes that the best explanation currently in biology is evolution theory and the geo earth sciences say the earth is billions of years old, not 6,000 years like you nuts claim!!!
Your creationist museums are full of talking snakes and pregnant virgins and dead people getting up and walking about!!! LOLLLL
Well said, sir! Well said.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#4454 Jan 27, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you have dementia? Oh wait, you wouldn't know. Lol! How are the funeral plans coming along?
Did you say funeral? That would mean that you are at yours, doesn't it? You do continue to define yourself as nothing more than a immature twit with each of your post. GTFU.

But let's get back to the post that you are so ineffectively commenting on ... do you think that we should not publicly out these men who would anally penetrate a baby boy seconds after his being born? Do you think that we should turn a blind eye, to these atrocities being perpetrated from inside the religion of peace? Do the whims of the penis wielder override the safety and mental well being of these children?

Is thighing an acceptable form of sexual release and just plain fun in your eyes?

Do you mind that your god silently gives consent for these people to use him to their ends?

Earth,TX

#4455 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Please show me something I don't know about the Bible.
You might prefer learning science though.
"A fossilized human skull was found in coal that was sold in Germany (mid-1800s). A jawbone of a child was found in coal in Tuscany (1958). Two giant human molars were found in Montana (1926). A human leg was found by a West Virginia coal miner. It had changed into coal.�pp. 34-35.
A woman, in Illinois, reportedly found a gold chain in a chunk of coal which broke open (1891). A small steel cube was found in a block of coal in Austria (1885). An iron pot was found in coal in Oklahoma (1912). A woman found a child's spoon in coal (1937).�p. 35.
In 1944 Newton Anderson claimed to have found this bell inside a lump of coal that was mined near his house in West Virginia. When Newton dropped the lump it broke, revealing a bell encased inside.
What is a brass bell with an iron clapper doing in coal that is supposed to be hundreds of
millions of years old? According to Norm Scharbough's book Ammunition (which includes a compilation of many such "coal anecdotes") the bell was extensively analyzed at the University of Oklahoma and it was found to contain an unusual mixture of metals, different from any modern usage. Photo and text from Genesis Park.
Man-made objects in rock.
An iron nail was found in a Cretaceous block from the Mesozoic era (mid-1800s). A gold thread was found in stone in England (1844). An iron nail was found in quartz in California (1851). A silver vessel was found in solid rock in Massachusetts (1851).
The mold of a metal screw was found in a chunk of feldspar (1851). An intricately carved and inlaid metal bowl was found in solid rock (1852). An iron nail was found in rock in a Peruvian mine by Spanish conquistadores (1572).�pp. 35-36."
http://s8int.com/page8.html
If you had no comment pertaining to my post, you could have just not clicked on the 'reply' button.
Evolution is not among my feilds of interest, and I have never claimed it to be.
Not knowing much about science hardly invalidates the shit that is the bible.
pinch111

Bodmin, UK

#4456 Jan 28, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Atheists cannot prove that there is 'Life after death" so they DENY that there is life after death? Is it a logical stand?
02. Religious people that they have info from the Creator of this Universe that each person is here for a test and the results shall be shown when one dies. Is THIS a very illogical or unreasonable thing which simple human minds cannot understand?
03. So if we all die, and find out there is no life after death as you people "assume" then what we lost in this world? A few enjoyments?
04. And if you found out that "there is indeed life after death" and you have to account for your deeds. What would be your position? What will be your plea? You were "told and warned", but you CHOOSE to ridicule and reject it and taught your "assumptions" would be truth.
05. Who is in greater danger, and following a slippery path? You or us?
06. Therefore the "prudent and cautious" course is what I said. Enjoy life but do not forget your real mission. Do not gamble with your entire life. Get the good things of this life as well as good things of the next life too.
If i have to account for my deeds as you put it then so be it, my conscience is clear.Many evils are committed in the name of religion in fact some religious practices in themselves are evil so it is not i who is on a slippery path.Do you really think it is not possible to be a force for the good and enjoy life without religion?

Earth,TX

#4457 Jan 28, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Reason Personified is petrified.
Michelle Pfeiffer, Demi Moore, Madonna, Susan Sarandon, Jennifer Tilly, Julianne Moore, Elizabeth Perkins, Lea Thompson, Emma Thompson, Angela Basset, Annette Bening, Holly Hunter, Sharon Stone, Geena Davis, Kim Catrall, and Cher.

These names are of women my age and older. There is something that this list says about you. Do you know what it is? It says that you are a boy, an immature boy.
Mike

Ashburn, VA

#4458 Jan 28, 2013
ahoy

“There are other issues.”

Location hidden

#4459 Jan 28, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Did you say funeral? That would mean that you are at yours, doesn't it? You do continue to define yourself as nothing more than a immature twit with each of your post. GTFU.

But let's get back to the post that you are so ineffectively commenting on ... do you think that we should not publicly out these men who would anally penetrate a baby boy seconds after his being born? Do you think that we should turn a blind eye, to these atrocities being perpetrated from inside the religion of peace? Do the whims of the penis wielder override the safety and mental well being of these children?

Is thighing an acceptable form of sexual release and just plain fun in your eyes?

Do you mind that your god silently gives consent for these people to use him to their ends?
Sorry petrified but God doesn't give consent. People choose what they do and some of those choices are very bad. As far as immature, many people posting here are very immature. You just accept other atheists immaturity but quick to comment on theists.

“There are other issues.”

Location hidden

#4460 Jan 28, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Michelle Pfeiffer, Demi Moore, Madonna, Susan Sarandon, Jennifer Tilly, Julianne Moore, Elizabeth Perkins, Lea Thompson, Emma Thompson, Angela Basset, Annette Bening, Holly Hunter, Sharon Stone, Geena Davis, Kim Catrall, and Cher.

These names are of women my age and older. There is something that this list says about you. Do you know what it is? It says that you are a boy, an immature boy.
Michelle Pfeiffer, Demi Moore, Madonna, Susan Sarandon, Jennifer Tilly, Julianne Moore, Elizabeth Perkins, Lea Thompson, Emma Thompson, Angela Basset, Annette Bening, Holly Hunter, Sharon Stone, Geena Davis, Kim Catrall, and Cher are not on these threads bashing religion. Some are full of plastic! Are you? You are older so stop lying. You are more like the following:
Doris Eaton Travis 105 (Actress, Dancer, Ziegfeld Girl)
Mona Ray (104)
Barbara Kent 102 (Actress)
Dorothy Young 102 (Performer)
Miriam Seegar 101 (Actress)
Pola Illery 100 (Actress)
Dorothy Bartlam 100 (Actress)
Dolores Hope 100 (Wife of Comedian-Actor Bob Hope)
swswoswwso

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

#4461 Jan 28, 2013

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#4462 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, it wasn't part of the conversation. Do you think he's an illegal alien?
The point is, he's not real. He always has to be either drawn or portrayed by someone else. Sure, he is a character in popular culture, but he's not "real" in the sense that he was born and will die.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#4463 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you know that's not true.
What is more logical, to believe one explanation for everything or separate theory's for each little step?
The Big Bang
Spontaneous life
Evolution
What created your God?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#4464 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
The Big Bang
Spontaneous life
Evolution
Given that the one God would have to be created out of nothing by nothing for no reason .... I'll go with all the other stuff.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#4465 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I understand but you obviously don't
A chromosome being fused in all humans is only proof that a common ancestor had it (Moses). Apes not having it does not proof we evolved from apes it's evidence that we may not have (we didn't).
Science calling me an ape is nothing more then name calling.
You are ignoring endogenous retrovirus remnants again dip wad!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min Dave Nelson 231,001
Evidence for God! 2 hr Uncle Sam 45
Heaven 5 hr _Bad Company 43
Our world came from nothing? 8 hr Carchar king 1,104
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 9 hr fadu singh 23,043
Former Atheist Academic Who Rejected God and Be... 16 hr Hooogle It 77
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Wed Dally Mama 5,583

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE