Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 213)

Showing posts 4,241 - 4,260 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
What is easier to swallow one God or all of this?
Since there is no evidence for god, there is no logical reason for me to even entertain the idea that god exists.
Can you provide any evidence god exists?
Langoliers wrote:
The Big Bang
1) when nothing exploded creating everything.
2) when a singularity (that came from?) blew up creating everything
3) a bouncing universe (that started when?)
Spontaneous life
1) rain falling on rocks created life
Evolution
1) one speck of life mutating to form all life that ever was and is alive today.
There is evidence of a Big Bang, and evidence for evolution. People came up with those ideas because of the evidence.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>As an animal, a primate and an ape, I can promise you that the meaning to ones life does not come from a book wherein a god is so feeble as to be beaten in war by the addition of the iron chariot to the foes arms.

Instead it comes from personal choices as to what enriches ones own life. If the biblical meaning of life is sufficient for you, go for it. But me, I want more than not living now, so that I might possibly be rewarded with an endless existence in praise of a hateful monster.

If there is to be any difference between who you are and who Bundy and Hitler were, wouldn't you have been the one to make that difference. I haven't ever murdered anyone, but if you are going to because you have chosen to hang out with atheist who will educate you as to the contradictions of your bible and it's imaginary god, then maybe you shouldn't be here in these forums. You can better serve your god by not seeing what we will show you.

One of us might show you where the bible god takes it on himself to threaten to make you eat your children. I promise that once you see it in the bible, you can't unsee it.

I want my current life, for the current one it is the only one any of us will have. The unseen after death existence is not real. You won't get it any more than the villager hurled into a volcanao, serves to quiet the gods anger, soon another villager will be needed, nothing is accomplished. Do you get that? Well all gods are the same in that respect, whatever man has claimed them to be able to do, none can, nor ever will.
Please show me something I don't know about the Bible.

You might prefer learning science though.

"A fossilized human skull was found in coal that was sold in Germany (mid-1800s). A jawbone of a child was found in coal in Tuscany (1958). Two giant human molars were found in Montana (1926). A human leg was found by a West Virginia coal miner. It had changed into coal.�pp. 34-35.

A woman, in Illinois, reportedly found a gold chain in a chunk of coal which broke open (1891). A small steel cube was found in a block of coal in Austria (1885). An iron pot was found in coal in Oklahoma (1912). A woman found a child's spoon in coal (1937).�p. 35.

In 1944 Newton Anderson claimed to have found this bell inside a lump of coal that was mined near his house in West Virginia. When Newton dropped the lump it broke, revealing a bell encased inside.

What is a brass bell with an iron clapper doing in coal that is supposed to be hundreds of

millions of years old? According to Norm Scharbough's book Ammunition (which includes a compilation of many such "coal anecdotes") the bell was extensively analyzed at the University of Oklahoma and it was found to contain an unusual mixture of metals, different from any modern usage. Photo and text from Genesis Park.

Man-made objects in rock.

An iron nail was found in a Cretaceous block from the Mesozoic era (mid-1800s). A gold thread was found in stone in England (1844). An iron nail was found in quartz in California (1851). A silver vessel was found in solid rock in Massachusetts (1851).

The mold of a metal screw was found in a chunk of feldspar (1851). An intricately carved and inlaid metal bowl was found in solid rock (1852). An iron nail was found in rock in a Peruvian mine by Spanish conquistadores (1572).�pp. 35-36."

http://s8int.com/page8.html

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>No, it makes you a "monkey boy"! Monkey boy!
You're a pin head.

There because I called you a pin head that makes it a fact that you're a pin head.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>NOW TRY THAT WITH JESUS!!! LOLLLL

You see, Mickey is more real than Jesus ever was or will be or is!!!
I have photographic proof of Micky and the Bible for God. You have to believe in the following with out proof.

The Big Bang

Spontaneous life

Evolution
1) one speck of life mutating to form all life that ever was and is alive today.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>Biology and biological science don't care if it's against your "believe."

You're human, and remarkable for it, but still a great ape. There's no getting around that you are an animal species, the product of evolution like every other species on the planet.

You can really, really, really believe otherwise and that's cute and all, but at the end of the day, you have all of those traits that Polymath laboriously typed out for you.

Since you don't understand how DNA works, your views on chromosome 2 aren't more interesting than a kinder-gardener's views on world politics.
Oh I understand but you obviously don't

A chromosome being fused in all humans is only proof that a common ancestor had it (Moses). Apes not having it does not proof we evolved from apes it's evidence that we may not have (we didn't).

Science calling me an ape is nothing more then name calling.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Since there is no evidence for god, there is no logical reason for me to even entertain the idea that god exists.
Can you provide any evidence god exists?

Langoliers wrote, "
The Big Bang
Spontaneous life
Evolution
1) one speck of life mutating to form all life that ever was and is alive today."

There is evidence of a Big Bang, and evidence for evolution. People came up with those ideas because of the evidence.
There is no proof for the following.

The Big Bang

Spontaneous life

Evolution

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you're Wrong. There is the Bible.
The Buy-bull is no more evidence of the existence of god than "The Little Engine that Could" is evidence that trains are capable of independent thought.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
The Big Bang
Spontaneous life
Evolution
Oh, it very easy for everybody to see based on the evidence you are presenting in this one post that you have absolutely no clue about any aspect of science.

That's much, MUCH easier to "swallow" than your statement without any evidence that it was all magically **poofed** into existence by some invisible sky deity.
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Biology and biological science don't care if it's against your "believe."
You're human, and remarkable for it, but still a great ape. There's no getting around that you are an animal species, the product of evolution like every other species on the planet.
You can really, really, really believe otherwise and that's cute and all, but at the end of the day, you have all of those traits that Polymath laboriously typed out for you.
Since you don't understand how DNA works, your views on chromosome 2 aren't more interesting than a kinder-gardener's views on world politics.
There is a 1% difference in the DNA between humans and chimps.
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I have photographic proof of Micky and the Bible for God. You have to believe in the following with out proof.
The Big Bang
Spontaneous life
Evolution
SPONTANEOUS LIFE???

THEY TAUGHT YOU THAT SCIENCE SUPPORTS THE IDEA OF SPONTANEOUS LIFE???

Louis Pasteur proved about 100 years ago that there is no such thing as spontaneous generation of life with his swan-kneck flask experiment--I learnt that over 40 years ago!!! Where have you been?

Please go study some elementary and high school science before you take your dogmatic position of blissful ignorance!!! I bet you demand the best scientific medicine when you are sick, the same medical science you refute on here.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
The Big Bang
Spontaneous life
Evolution
It's easier to swallow one god, but that doesn't make it true. Just more likely intellectually lazy people will believe "god did it all." despite a total lack of evidence of god's existence.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a 1% difference in the DNA between humans and chimps.
And in YOUR particular case, the difference is less than 0.001%!! While you can type, they cannot!!

By the way, there is only One Electron and Proton difference between Hydrogen and Helium , and they are so similar to each other, one could hardly distinguish between them and take them for identical twins!!

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no proof for the following.
The Big Bang
Spontaneous life
Evolution
Your ignorance is showing.

What makes you think you are even remotely qualified to comment on science?
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And in YOUR particular case, the difference is less than 0.001%!! While you can type, they cannot!!
By the way, there is only One Electron and Proton difference between Hydrogen and Helium , and they are so similar to each other, one could hardly distinguish between them and take them for identical twins!!
Muck, you miss the point. A very tiny mutation or adaptation can have major consequences. Nice huh! I knew you would get it!!! I am such a good teacher. You live amongst swine there in the House of Pigs of Saud.
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorance is showing.
What makes you think you are even remotely qualified to comment on science?
The more one knows, the more humble one is. The more ignorant, the greater the arrogance.
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"A fossilized human skull was found in coal that was sold in Germany (mid-1800s). A jawbone of a child was found in coal in Tuscany (1958). Two giant human molars were found in Montana (1926). A human leg was found by a West Virginia coal miner. It had changed into coal.�pp. 34-35.
A woman, in Illinois, reportedly found a gold chain in a chunk of coal which broke open (1891). A small steel cube was found in a block of coal in Austria (1885). An iron pot was found in coal in Oklahoma (1912). A woman found a child's spoon in coal (1937).�p. 35.
In 1944 Newton Anderson claimed to have found this bell inside a lump of coal that was mined near his house in West Virginia. When Newton dropped the lump it broke, revealing a bell encased inside.
What is a brass bell with an iron clapper doing in coal that is supposed to be hundreds of
millions of years old? According to Norm Scharbough's book Ammunition (which includes a compilation of many such "coal anecdotes") the bell was extensively analyzed at the University of Oklahoma and it was found to contain an unusual mixture of metals, different from any modern usage. Photo and text from Genesis Park.
An iron nail was found in a Cretaceous block from the Mesozoic era (mid-1800s). A gold thread was found in stone in England (1844). An iron nail was found in quartz in California (1851). A silver vessel was found in solid rock in Massachusetts (1851).
The mold of a metal screw was found in a chunk of feldspar (1851). An intricately carved and inlaid metal bowl was found in solid rock (1852). An iron nail was found in rock in a Peruvian mine by Spanish conquistadores (1572).�pp. 35-36."
WOW, YOU SOUND LIKE A NUT IN THE NUT-HOUSE.

When you nuts bring a block of coal intact today for examination not some piece of garbage from 1844 then someone might listen to your delusional drivel. The science that put people in space is the science that concludes that the best explanation currently in biology is evolution theory and the geo earth sciences say the earth is billions of years old, not 6,000 years like you nuts claim!!!
Your creationist museums are full of talking snakes and pregnant virgins and dead people getting up and walking about!!! LOLLLL

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The more one knows, the more humble one is. The more ignorant, the greater the arrogance.
Yep and Langoliers is one of the most ignorant.

Isn't there an old saying about empty vessels?

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what a hoax is?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicken out? Did some people evolved from Chicken also? You make a very interesting post.
And as for as your comment that every one is evolving, may be you are still in your primate or semi ape like stage.
Because reason is the "only thing" missing from your posts.
To 'chicken out' means to withdraw from confrontation, because of fear.
Reason is not yours to define. If you have stopped evolving, you are dead and no longer reacting to any of life's defining factors. Like it or not you are ape, it is what every human is. That does not mean that you are a monkey, it means that both man and monkey are apes, and they also are primates.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

He/she becomes more humane.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And what happens when a Muslims leaves islam and joins Non Muslims?
What else we should expect from peacefulpeople!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,241 - 4,260 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••