Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4406 Jan 27, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>If you understood logic, you wouldn't be a fundie.
Now you know that's not true.

What is more logical, to believe one explanation for everything or separate theory's for each little step?

The Big Bang
1) when nothing exploded creating everything.
2) when a singularity (that came from?) blew up creating everything
3) a bouncing universe (that started when?)

Spontaneous life
1) rain falling on rocks created life

Evolution
1) one speck of life mutating to form all life that ever was and is alive today.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#4407 Jan 27, 2013
Separate theories of course. Let me out it to you in terms you understand. Let's compare science to Walmart. At your Walmart you greet people at the door. Next they walk past the produce guy who you envy. Later they pay at the cash register and speak to the floor supervisor. When that person can't assist them they go to the head manager.

Now while all under the Walmart umbrella there is a major difference between a door greeter, like yourself and the head manager, the guy who barely glances at you when he comes in. Each person represents a different department and function.

Now switch out Walmart for science, the Big Bang with door greeter and so on.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
What is more logical, to believe one explanation for everything or separate theory's?

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#4408 Jan 27, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Why that is against my believe. I am man not ape. I would hope you can understand the difference.
But men are apes. Doesn't matter what you believe.
Langoliers wrote:
As I've said many times you all have fun calling yourselves apes. I'm not with you on that. Just because someone says you're an ape doesn't make it so.
But it is so.
Langoliers wrote:
You see I look at things like this. We have a fused chromosome number 2 no animal in the ape family has that.
Humans.
Langoliers wrote:
I see that as proof we are not related you see it as proof we are related. Which sounds more ridicules? Does it matter? You're not changing your views and I'm not changing mine.
You get your info off of creation "science" sites.

Santa Monica, CA

#4409 Jan 27, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
What is more logical, to believe one explanation for everything or separate theory's for each little step?
The Big Bang
Spontaneous life
Evolution
1) one speck of life mutating to form all life that ever was and is alive today.
There is no evidence for god. No logical reason to even entertain the idea there is one until you come up with some evidence for one.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#4410 Jan 27, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting it mildly yes. I do not wish to be nothing more then an animal. No meaning to life, no difference between me and Hitler or Ted Bundy or any other scum bag that walks the planet.
Ya no thanks you go right ahead with out me.
As an animal, a primate and an ape, I can promise you that the meaning to ones life does not come from a book wherein a god is so feeble as to be beaten in war by the addition of the iron chariot to the foes arms.

Instead it comes from personal choices as to what enriches ones own life. If the biblical meaning of life is sufficient for you, go for it. But me, I want more than not living now, so that I might possibly be rewarded with an endless existence in praise of a hateful monster.

If there is to be any difference between who you are and who Bundy and Hitler were, wouldn't you have been the one to make that difference. I haven't ever murdered anyone, but if you are going to because you have chosen to hang out with atheist who will educate you as to the contradictions of your bible and it's imaginary god, then maybe you shouldn't be here in these forums. You can better serve your god by not seeing what we will show you.

One of us might show you where the bible god takes it on himself to threaten to make you eat your children. I promise that once you see it in the bible, you can't unsee it.

I want my current life, for the current one it is the only one any of us will have. The unseen after death existence is not real. You won't get it any more than the villager hurled into a volcanao, serves to quiet the gods anger, soon another villager will be needed, nothing is accomplished. Do you get that? Well all gods are the same in that respect, whatever man has claimed them to be able to do, none can, nor ever will.

Earth,TX

#4411 Jan 27, 2013
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
Does not matter MUQ is amoral.
MUQ and the religion MUQ believes in condone:
Rape
Murder
Genocide
Any atrocities that are done in the name of their god.
For that reason alone anyone such as MUQ (MUCK) should be ignored except in defense of ones self or family.
I disagree, ignoring further facilitates their dementia and crimes. I say out them at every oppertunity.

Along with rape and murder, don't forget "thighing". That is the using of any human infant (children are included) as a masturbation toy, at anytime after the infant has left the safety of the mother's womb.

Rape as they define it,(vaginal penetration only) is discouraged, but not really denied them, though it is punished (sort of), for if the vagina of the infant is torn during the thighing, the penis wielder must pay for reconstructive surgery) of this as yet unwed girl child's father's torn piece of property. Penetration of both oral and anal orifices, and contact with any part of the bodies of both male and female infants is not only allowed but even encouraged among some Muslim family's. The men using these babies for (to them) this harmless sexual pastime are usually older brothers, cousins, uncles, and close family friends. A stranger can't just wander in from the street and choke a newborn boy by making him swallow sperm.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#4412 Jan 27, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Humans are apes. All Humans are apes. That's just taxonomy, it's a fact."
You're a pin head.
There because I called you a pin head that makes it a fact that you're a pin head.
No, it makes you a "monkey boy"! Monkey boy!
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#4413 Jan 27, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I had my picture taken with Micky Mouse! And he did show up on the film.
How about that!
NOW TRY THAT WITH JESUS!!! LOLLLL

You see, Mickey is more real than Jesus ever was or will be or is!!!

Earth,TX

#4414 Jan 27, 2013
correction to above post ^
I disagree, ignoring these further facilitates their religious dementia and crimes. I say out them at every opportunity.
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#4415 Jan 27, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
For the upteenth time....someone has not read the works of Plato, Socrates and Aristotle..
I MAKE A SUBSTANTIVE POST OF IDEAS AND YOU MERELY WHINE WITH NO SUBSTANCE

LOLLL

When you can make sense of what you read, perhaps you will be able to make a substantive post! LOLLL Run along.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#4416 Jan 27, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Why that is against my believe. I am man not ape. I would hope you can understand the difference.
As I've said many times you all have fun calling yourselves apes. I'm not with you on that. Just because someone says you're an ape doesn't make it so.
You see I look at things like this. We have a fused chromosome number 2 no animal in the ape family has that. I see that as proof we are not related you see it as proof we are related. Which sounds more ridicules? Does it matter? You're not changing your views and I'm not changing mine.
Biology and biological science don't care if it's against your "believe."

You're human, and remarkable for it, but still a great ape. There's no getting around that you are an animal species, the product of evolution like every other species on the planet.

You can really, really, really believe otherwise and that's cute and all, but at the end of the day, you have all of those traits that Polymath laboriously typed out for you.

Since you don't understand how DNA works, your views on chromosome 2 aren't more interesting than a kinder-gardener's views on world politics.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#4417 Jan 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You don't see apes blowing themselves up to kill other apes like Muslim swine do.
<quoted text>
Are you going to say that Non Muslims evolved from apes and Muslims from Swine?

What happens when a Non Muslims accepts Islam? The genes of apes are transported into Swine?

And what happens when a Muslims leaves islam and joins Non Muslims, his "swine parts" change into ape form?

Vow !! is this a Newest Theory of Counter Evolution?

What else we should expect from foul mouthed people!!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#4418 Jan 27, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>I knew you would chicken out.
Since you think there would be proof that you are a primate in your blood, you can't take the chance on it being found out right? Would your religion of peace buddies, stone you to death, if you had your DNA mapped?
And no one is fully evolved, we all continue to evolve.
Chicken out? Did some people evolved from Chicken also? You make a very interesting post.

And as for as your comment that every one is evolving, may be you are still in your primate or semi ape like stage.

Because reason is the "only thing" missing from your posts.

“There are other issues.”

Location hidden

#4419 Jan 27, 2013
correction to above post ^
I disagree, ignoring these further facilitates their religious dementia and crimes. I say out them at every opportunity.
So do you have dementia? Oh wait, you wouldn't know. Lol! How are the funeral plans coming along?

Location hidden

#4420 Jan 27, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>If you understood logic, you wouldn't be a fundie.
What is easier to swallow one God or all of this?

The Big Bang

Spontaneous life

Evolution

Location hidden

#4421 Jan 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Separate theories of course. Let me out it to you in terms you understand. Let's compare science to Walmart. At your Walmart you greet people at the door. Next they walk past the produce guy who you envy. Later they pay at the cash register and speak to the floor supervisor. When that person can't assist them they go to the head manager.

Now while all under the Walmart umbrella there is a major difference between a door greeter, like yourself and the head manager, the guy who barely glances at you when he comes in. Each person represents a different department and function.

Now switch out Walmart for science, the Big Bang with door greeter and so on.
I see how you can relate to a Walmart greeter. Is that your full time job?

You comparing Walmart to science is a good fit though.

Location hidden

#4422 Jan 27, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

Langoliers wrote, "
As I've said many times you all have fun calling yourselves apes. I'm not with you on that. Just because someone says you're an ape doesn't make it so."

But it is so.

Langoliers wrote, "
You see I look at things like this. We have a fused chromosome number 2 no animal in the ape family has that."

Humans.

Langoliers wrote, "
I see that as proof we are not related you see it as proof we are related. Which sounds more ridicules? Does it matter? You're not changing your views and I'm not changing mine.
"

You get your info off of creation "science" sites.
"But men are apes. Doesn't matter what you believe."

And so you're a pin head because I said so. It's nothing more then name calling.

Location hidden

#4423 Jan 27, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>There is no evidence for god. No logical reason to even entertain the idea there is one until you come up with some evidence for one.
Again you're Wrong. There is the Bible.

Santa Monica, CA

#4424 Jan 27, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
What is easier to swallow one God or all of this?
Since there is no evidence for god, there is no logical reason for me to even entertain the idea that god exists.
Can you provide any evidence god exists?
Langoliers wrote:
The Big Bang
Spontaneous life
Evolution
There is evidence of a Big Bang, and evidence for evolution. People came up with those ideas because of the evidence.

Location hidden

#4425 Jan 27, 2013
<quoted text>As an animal, a primate and an ape, I can promise you that the meaning to ones life does not come from a book wherein a god is so feeble as to be beaten in war by the addition of the iron chariot to the foes arms.

Instead it comes from personal choices as to what enriches ones own life. If the biblical meaning of life is sufficient for you, go for it. But me, I want more than not living now, so that I might possibly be rewarded with an endless existence in praise of a hateful monster.

If there is to be any difference between who you are and who Bundy and Hitler were, wouldn't you have been the one to make that difference. I haven't ever murdered anyone, but if you are going to because you have chosen to hang out with atheist who will educate you as to the contradictions of your bible and it's imaginary god, then maybe you shouldn't be here in these forums. You can better serve your god by not seeing what we will show you.

One of us might show you where the bible god takes it on himself to threaten to make you eat your children. I promise that once you see it in the bible, you can't unsee it.

I want my current life, for the current one it is the only one any of us will have. The unseen after death existence is not real. You won't get it any more than the villager hurled into a volcanao, serves to quiet the gods anger, soon another villager will be needed, nothing is accomplished. Do you get that? Well all gods are the same in that respect, whatever man has claimed them to be able to do, none can, nor ever will.
Please show me something I don't know about the Bible.

You might prefer learning science though.

"A fossilized human skull was found in coal that was sold in Germany (mid-1800s). A jawbone of a child was found in coal in Tuscany (1958). Two giant human molars were found in Montana (1926). A human leg was found by a West Virginia coal miner. It had changed into coal.�pp. 34-35.

A woman, in Illinois, reportedly found a gold chain in a chunk of coal which broke open (1891). A small steel cube was found in a block of coal in Austria (1885). An iron pot was found in coal in Oklahoma (1912). A woman found a child's spoon in coal (1937).�p. 35.

In 1944 Newton Anderson claimed to have found this bell inside a lump of coal that was mined near his house in West Virginia. When Newton dropped the lump it broke, revealing a bell encased inside.

What is a brass bell with an iron clapper doing in coal that is supposed to be hundreds of

millions of years old? According to Norm Scharbough's book Ammunition (which includes a compilation of many such "coal anecdotes") the bell was extensively analyzed at the University of Oklahoma and it was found to contain an unusual mixture of metals, different from any modern usage. Photo and text from Genesis Park.

Man-made objects in rock.

An iron nail was found in a Cretaceous block from the Mesozoic era (mid-1800s). A gold thread was found in stone in England (1844). An iron nail was found in quartz in California (1851). A silver vessel was found in solid rock in Massachusetts (1851).

The mold of a metal screw was found in a chunk of feldspar (1851). An intricately carved and inlaid metal bowl was found in solid rock (1852). An iron nail was found in rock in a Peruvian mine by Spanish conquistadores (1572).�pp. 35-36."

http://s8int.com/page8.html

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 25 min New Age Spiritual... 228,548
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Richardfs 691
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 2 hr Jaimie 151
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 3 hr Igor Trip 6
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 7 hr Patrick 140
Is Religion Childish? 11 hr Patrick 3
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 12 hr _Bad Company 22,919

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE