Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Pittsfield, MA

#4300 Jan 24, 2013
And now they call democrats anti semite. Isn't that just some of the funniest chit you ever heard of?
Round n round they weave their web of lies. They are running out of time just printing more money.
The man you're lookin for wears no suit n tie and whispers what you not want to hear.
Real equality, without a dollar.

Goodbye Rome

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#4301 Jan 24, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I let you guys be apes just like you claim. I'm human your ape I have creator you were bore by a baboon.
I get unalienable rights you don't.
Fairly simple.
Humans are apes. All Humans are apes. That's just taxonomy, it's a fact.

You have no evidence your creator exists. Therefore if you are looking for him to "bestow" something, you are SOL.

The rest of us can claim our rights and our heritage as humans evolved from an ape like ancestor.... Well except the Christians, they don't evolve.

#4302 Jan 24, 2013
Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY DID HITLER NOT RESIGN FROM THE CHURCH AND STOP PAYING CHURCH TAXES??? EVERY SERVIOUS SCHOLAR KNOWS HITLER WAS A COMMITTED CHRISTIAN!!! There is a painting of Hitler as a Christian Knight!!
GERMAN CITIZENS PAY A TAX TO THE CHURCH--A SIGNIFICANT BURDEN
Hitler had constant arguments over paying taxes on his book royalty and other income. However, there was a simple way for Hitler to save money, by sending a signed declaration to the church that he was no longer a believer and no longer a member of the church. But Hitler never did that. To the day Hitler died, he was paying his church taxes and was a Christian and member of the church. Hitler was a committed Christian. Christianity is consistent with fascism. Eat your heart out!!!
And he painted my avatar ... very Christian looking, isn't it?

#4303 Jan 24, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Religion has nothing to with morality. Morality is subjective and evolves. So, again Hitler's religion was just one of the tools he used tool to manipulate the masses. He also used the pride of the country. Economic failings were blamed on the Jews. Blah blah blah... not that any of this matters. It all comes down to that winners dictate history so Hitler=Bad guy.
'Zactly!!
Dirty White Schlepper

Pittsfield, MA

#4304 Jan 24, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans are apes. All Humans are apes. That's just taxonomy, it's a fact.
You have no evidence your creator exists. Therefore if you are looking for him to "bestow" something, you are SOL.
The rest of us can claim our rights and our heritage as humans evolved from an ape like ancestor.... Well except the Christians, they don't evolve.
You are a living example and testament that something does indeed exist. You are the proof, just selfish and a narcissist. Just because one does not believe, it should not allow them to make a mockery of.

#4305 Jan 24, 2013
Dirty White Schlepper wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a living example and testament that something does indeed exist. You are the proof, just selfish and a narcissist. Just because one does not believe, it should not allow them to make a mockery of.
Yes, it should! Blasphemy is a victimless crime and therefore a mockery unto itself.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#4306 Jan 24, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Not binding?
If that was the case then we would still be under the rule of the UK. And we fought a war to make it binding.
No the Declaration of Independence is very much binding.
Nope. It was nerely a big F you to King George. Nothing more. The constitution is what gives you your rights in this country. And there is nothing christian or religious in the document.

Nunya

#4307 Jan 24, 2013
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
The definition of marriage and now parenting have been redefined, harassed, defamed, degraded, and humiliated along with about a hundred other different words and phrases. Who I ask was responsible for 'injecting' hiv into the heterosexual population? What do you call that? Luck?
The Nazi social experiments and brainwashing of the human race continues. The same bastards that financed it in Germany are the same ones doing it today.
It shall go not without objection that these freaks are conforming the human race into a social degenerate experiment combined with a nanny state mentality and destructive fiscal policy that amounts to a catastrophe in the making and as a citizen with children I am obligated to call out the obvious among the ignorant and the greedy.
Common sense, morals, and responsibility have escaped our governing process entirely and we are paying the price. Bigtime!
Stupid greedy material monkey
Someone needs their tin foil hat adjusted, don't they?

Nunya

#4308 Jan 24, 2013
You are a living example and testament that something does indeed exist.
An example of exactly WTF are you talking about?
Just because one does not believe, it should not allow them to make a mockery of.
Jesus was gay and God was his sub bottom bit&h. How's that for some mockery?

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#4309 Jan 24, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
The facts presented to you concerning religious scientific discovery and involvment in nurturing scientific thought and the scientific revolution are widley held matters of fact.
Your contention that it was Christians who burned the Library at Alexandria on the other hand is pure speculation with no supporting evidence and is not widley held or supoorted.
Please dont support your contentions by pointing to anti-religious bigotry and works considered marginal.
Which fire? There were many fires.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2233...

As Christians gained dominance in the region, they felt uncomfortable with pagan temples full of pagan documents. In 391 AD, Theophilus, the patriarch of Alexandria, urged a mob to destroy the temple at Serapis, presumably at the same time destroying whatever books were left in the daughter library. This was hailed as a great victory of the Christians over the pagans.

The final fire was in 645 AD, when the Moslem caliph Omar conquered Egypt. The story is that Omar was asked what to do about the books in the library, and gave the reply: "If the books agree with the Koran, they are not necessary. If they disagree, they are not desired. Therefore, destroy them." According to tradition, the scrolls were used as fuel to provide hot water for the soldiers' baths for six months.

.... It seems the Moslems did the final job.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#4310 Jan 24, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Religion has nothing to with morality. Morality is subjective and evolves. So, again Hitler's religion was just one of the tools he used tool to manipulate the masses. He also used the pride of the country. Economic failings were blamed on the Jews. Blah blah blah... not that any of this matters. It all comes down to that winners dictate history so Hitler=Bad guy.
Well, then, Minister Tick'd, what's that make the U.N.?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ministry_of_Trut...

I believe the word you are looking for is "oppressor".

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#4311 Jan 24, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Well, then, Minister Tick'd, what's that make the U.N.?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ministry_of_Trut...
I believe the word you are looking for is "oppressor".
NO argument here. Especially since U.N. officials are appointed not elected not that it matters if they were. F'n world leaders and their power struggles would be pointless if the people stopped listening. Let the power hungry bastards fight their own battles.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#4312 Jan 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I see.
Have a nice day lier.
You, too, sir! You have a great day!

:)

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#4313 Jan 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Unlike you, I reference any number of scientific studies, speak scientific jargon (such as the word theory, which you consistently fail at), understand what mainstream science is like and know what theories frame each major discipline of science.

You, for example, are a science denier. You openly lie about evolution - all the time.

Evolution is the framework theory of all biological science.

That you don't know or understand that (because you don't know what theory is and does for a discipline of knowledge) demonstrates you know nothing about science.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the problem? You seem to be unable to stop lying.
There is no lie in the above. All of that is quite true.

You're welcome to explain what a theory is, and what a framework theory does for a discipline, if you'd like to prove you know something about science.

But I know you won't. You've resorted to calling me liar because you have failed to defend your miserable, impoverished understanding of science. That's not surprising. You're a creationist - and, by definition, a science denier.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#4314 Jan 25, 2013
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
The definition of marriage and now parenting have been redefined, harassed, defamed, degraded, and humiliated along with about a hundred other different words and phrases. Who I ask was responsible for 'injecting' hiv into the heterosexual population? What do you call that? Luck?
The Nazi social experiments and brainwashing of the human race continues. The same bastards that financed it in Germany are the same ones doing it today.
It shall go not without objection that these freaks are conforming the human race into a social degenerate experiment combined with a nanny state mentality and destructive fiscal policy that amounts to a catastrophe in the making and as a citizen with children I am obligated to call out the obvious among the ignorant and the greedy.
Common sense, morals, and responsibility have escaped our governing process entirely and we are paying the price. Bigtime!
Stupid greedy material monkey
When did the mental institutions start letting their patients use the internet?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#4315 Jan 25, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. It was nerely a big F you to King George. Nothing more. The constitution is what gives you your rights in this country. And there is nothing christian or religious in the document.
Langoliers isn't the brightest bulb in the drawer...

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#4316 Jan 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>Langoliers isn't the brightest bulb in the drawer...
Why would a bulb be bright in the drawer?

Lexington, KY

#4317 Jan 25, 2013
He is sharp as a marble. Hey hiding am I the only one who gets a kick out of how all the Christians in here are blatantly violating the commands of their own bible and messiah? They by purposely coming to the atheism threads and letting it dominate so much of their time are associating purposely with non believers. The bible in several accounts explicitly forbids doing this. Jesus and Paul especially forbade this in no uncertain terms, unless you were actively trying to convert them but even then you kept interaction to a minimum. I still remember the old baptist preacher going into long angry tirades against doing this saying even if you could out debate a non believer they will be saying things against Christ that can and will eventually sink into your head and how that poison can linger for years like an unnoticed cancer. So instead spend your time with your fellow loving Christians and stray far away from the non believers.

We obviously have many Christians who have been to the proof of god websites or watched Eric Hovind flail at debating atheists and they think, hey I can do this!

We from just this forum have turned at least one soon to be minister away from his calling to Christ and more to come:)
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Langoliers isn't the brightest bulb in the drawer...

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#4318 Jan 25, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would a bulb be bright in the drawer?
Huh. Good point!

Maybe you are...maybe you are...

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#4319 Jan 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
He is sharp as a marble. Hey hiding am I the only one who gets a kick out of how all the Christians in here are blatantly violating the commands of their own bible and messiah? They by purposely coming to the atheism threads and letting it dominate so much of their time are associating purposely with non believers. The bible in several accounts explicitly forbids doing this. Jesus and Paul especially forbade this in no uncertain terms, unless you were actively trying to convert them but even then you kept interaction to a minimum. I still remember the old baptist preacher going into long angry tirades against doing this saying even if you could out debate a non believer they will be saying things against Christ that can and will eventually sink into your head and how that poison can linger for years like an unnoticed cancer. So instead spend your time with your fellow loving Christians and stray far away from the non believers.
We obviously have many Christians who have been to the proof of god websites or watched Eric Hovind flail at debating atheists and they think, hey I can do this!
We from just this forum have turned at least one soon to be minister away from his calling to Christ and more to come:)
<quoted text>
hahahaha!!!

That's pretty funny!

Uhm...it makes me feel like a loser for coming here to argue with them! Oh, well, if the boot fits...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 6 hr Eagle 12 2,596
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 hr Eagle 12 233,043
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 7 hr Morse 194
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 7 hr Morse 7
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 7 hr Morse 35
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 8 hr Morse 161
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 8 hr Morse 1,450
More from around the web