Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 206)

Showing posts 4,101 - 4,120 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

There were other reasons.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>...winners dictate history so Hitler=Bad guy.

“Go ahead.”

Since: Mar 11

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
What that was honest? Are you kidding me? You deleted all my words left just my name and the quote that I had pasted into my post so it would be obvious what I was referring too. And made it look like that was a statement by me.
"honesty seems pretty far beyond you creationists"
What a joke. You need to look up the word "Honesty" you don't seem to understand it.
Before that exchange, I tried honestly engaging you, but you refused to answer my posts. Most likely because you are incapable of answering them. Your refusal to engage in honest discussion describes who you are as a person, and you will be treated as such.

“Go ahead.”

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, so I do doubt you.
Unlike you, I reference any number of scientific studies, speak scientific jargon (such as the word theory, which you consistently fail at), understand what mainstream science is like and know what theories frame each major discipline of science.

You, for example, are a science denier. You openly lie about evolution - all the time.

Evolution is the framework theory of all biological science.

That you don't know or understand that (because you don't know what theory is and does for a discipline of knowledge) demonstrates you know nothing about science.

“Go ahead.”

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>If the religion of the area wwas hypothetically Islam. Don't you think that Hilter could have committed the same atrocities? Powerful leaders from across the globe have manipulated the areas religions to fullfil their means. Christian, Muslim, Hindu, or whatever. Blood has been spilled and atrocities committed in the name of religion by power hungry psychopaths.
Yes, if the religion was Muslim, I absolutely think Hitler could have achieved much the same. Both Christianity and Islam are Abrahamic religions - that can scapegoat the Jews with ease. Both lend themselves to violence and both have plenty of violence included in their holy texts.

If Germany was Janist, though, it would have been a different picture. Or, if Germany had a constitution that forbade religion in politics - very different picture.

That Germany was Catholic, and given the history of Catholicism, tells us a great deal about not only that religion, but of how people and religions interact in general.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

WWII Germany was majority protestant, but everything else you said stacks up.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, if the religion was Muslim, I absolutely think Hitler could have achieved much the same. Both Christianity and Islam are Abrahamic religions - that can scapegoat the Jews with ease. Both lend themselves to violence and both have plenty of violence included in their holy texts.
If Germany was Janist, though, it would have been a different picture. Or, if Germany had a constitution that forbade religion in politics - very different picture.
That Germany was Catholic, and given the history of Catholicism, tells us a great deal about not only that religion, but of how people and religions interact in general.

“Go ahead.”

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Thinking wrote:
WWII Germany was majority protestant, but everything else you said stacks up.
<quoted text>
What, really? I thought it was Catholic. Oh...right...Luther...

*_*
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Correct. As you drive South into Bavaria (and towards Hitler's native Austria) Germany gets a lot more catholic though.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
What, really? I thought it was Catholic. Oh...right...Luther...
*_*

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>You do realize the Declaration of Independence is not a binding document don't you? It's like calling yourself a wizard and justifying it by saying that Harry Potter validates wizards.
Not binding?

If that was the case then we would still be under the rule of the UK. And we fought a war to make it binding.

No the Declaration of Independence is very much binding.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>You have rights because of secular laws. As does everyone.

Do try not to embarrass yourself;0)
Nope, I let you guys be apes just like you claim. I'm human your ape I have creator you were bore by a baboon.
I get unalienable rights you don't.
Fairly simple.

LOL. This really bugging you guys.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>WHY DID HITLER NOT RESIGN FROM THE CHURCH AND STOP PAYING CHURCH TAXES??? EVERY SERVIOUS SCHOLAR KNOWS HITLER WAS A COMMITTED CHRISTIAN!!! There is a painting of Hitler as a Christian Knight!!

GERMAN CITIZENS PAY A TAX TO THE CHURCH--A SIGNIFICANT BURDEN
Hitler had constant arguments over paying taxes on his book royalty and other income. However, there was a simple way for Hitler to save money, by sending a signed declaration to the church that he was no longer a believer and no longer a member of the church. But Hitler never did that. To the day Hitler died, he was paying his church taxes and was a Christian and member of the church. Hitler was a committed Christian. Christianity is consistent with fascism. Eat your heart out!!!
LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody or nothing worth responding to in the Christian forums I see. We will take that as a victory :)

Oh any luck making up this Russian definition for langoliers half wit? You always run away when I ask you about that. Or should I say scampering?:))

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
Grasping for "wins?"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>Before that exchange, I tried honestly engaging you, but you refused to answer my posts. Most likely because you are incapable of answering them. Your refusal to engage in honest discussion describes who you are as a person, and you will be treated as such.
I see.

Have a nice day lier.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>Unlike you, I reference any number of scientific studies, speak scientific jargon (such as the word theory, which you consistently fail at), understand what mainstream science is like and know what theories frame each major discipline of science.

You, for example, are a science denier. You openly lie about evolution - all the time.

Evolution is the framework theory of all biological science.

That you don't know or understand that (because you don't know what theory is and does for a discipline of knowledge) demonstrates you know nothing about science.
What's the problem? You seem to be unable to stop lying.
Special Rights

Westfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. You can't be serious! That no more proves Jesus existed than the fact we have a "Thor's day" every week proves Thor is real.
http://www.everything2.com/title/Derivation+o...
<quoted text>
So, what is the evidence that Jesus existed?
And with a little luck a few hundred years from now none will claim you ever existed. STFU!

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

That wasn't a sentence. Why can't you scamper into a GED class?

Yes you certainly are unable to find anything or anyone to respond to on the Christian forums no matter how you dodge and scamper.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Grasping for "wins?"
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Westfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
The definition of marriage and now parenting have been redefined, harassed, defamed, degraded, and humiliated along with about a hundred other different words and phrases. Who I ask was responsible for 'injecting' hiv into the heterosexual population? What do you call that? Luck?
The Nazi social experiments and brainwashing of the human race continues. The same bastards that financed it in Germany are the same ones doing it today.
It shall go not without objection that these freaks are conforming the human race into a social degenerate experiment combined with a nanny state mentality and destructive fiscal policy that amounts to a catastrophe in the making and as a citizen with children I am obligated to call out the obvious among the ignorant and the greedy.
Common sense, morals, and responsibility have escaped our governing process entirely and we are paying the price. Bigtime!

Stupid greedy material monkey
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Same ol' same ol'
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Westfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Jumper wrote:
Same ol' same ol'
Govt
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Westfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

And it wouldn't be the same ol same ol if a nutless gutless news org like foxsnooze would be more critical of the obvious subversion and decadence of our youth. But that's just it, they aren't much different than the others because of the cozy relationship between Wall St and the unconstitutuional federal reserve bank. Let us not forget The United States of Israelity too. There you have it my friend, the left right paradigm given to you for free on a platter. Now! Whatcha gonna do? Head up A$$?
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Westfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

But then again as Mr O says, we're not a news org, we're entertainment.
Ha Ha

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,101 - 4,120 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••