Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#4260 Jan 23, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"And you are two faced about it. If you truly believed that evolution didn't happen, you would refuse to use modern antibiotics - you'd demand 1940s medication to the ailments you have"
Why this makes no sense at all.
I work in science I know what science is and isn't.
I don't believe you work in science.

I am a scientist. So it's rather easy to know when someone is not.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#4261 Jan 23, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweeping laboratory floors does not qualify you as a scientist, nor is it "working in science".
OTOH, being the subject of laboratory experiments might be working in science .... is that you Brain?
Oh...that kind of "working in science"! My mistake :)

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4262 Jan 23, 2013
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>Hold it -- if you believe that you have a creator, then you have to believe that atheists also have a creator too, regardless of their disbelief. Otherwise, you might as well say that simply because you believe something, it must be true, and if you don't believe something, it isn't true. Nobody knows the truth about creation, and one "religion" is no more valid than the other, regardless of what you personally believe.
Nope, I let you guys be apes just like you claim. I'm human your ape I have creator you were bore by a baboon.
I get unalienable rights you don't.

Fairly simple.

Location hidden

#4263 Jan 23, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>Picking out the relevant phrases.

I tried having an honest discussion with you, but honesty seems pretty far beyond you creationists.
What that was honest? Are you kidding me? You deleted all my words left just my name and the quote that I had pasted into my post so it would be obvious what I was referring too. And made it look like that was a statement by me.

"honesty seems pretty far beyond you creationists"

What a joke. You need to look up the word "Honesty" you don't seem to understand it.

Location hidden

#4264 Jan 23, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe you work in science.

I am a scientist. So it's rather easy to know when someone is not.
Yes, so I do doubt you.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#4265 Jan 23, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I let you guys be apes just like you claim. I'm human your ape I have creator you were bore by a baboon.
Fairly simple.
You do realize the Declaration of Independence is not a binding document don't you? It's like calling yourself a wizard and justifying it by saying that Harry Potter validates wizards.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#4266 Jan 23, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Fairly simple.
Prove it!

Location hidden

#4267 Jan 23, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it!
Fairly simple.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4268 Jan 23, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Fairly simple.
If you're using "unalienable rights" in the context in which it was used in the Declaration Of Independence, go right ahead.

That is a historical document only, and carries no legal or binding relevance to what it means to be a citizen of the United States. The Declaration has no authority over our laws, our lawmakers, or ourselves.

The relevant and binding document there is the U.S Constitution. It says nothing about the Christian "god" or "creator".

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#4269 Jan 23, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
"Night of the Living Dead" an atheist film?
No, a horror film. Shock schlock.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#4270 Jan 23, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Its commonley understood amoung serious scholars (not anti-religious bigots) that the Church was the font of our sciuentific enlightenment. Unlike other religions the Christian religion believed ina God who made a descernable universe capable of being understood by mans intleeigence (because it was made by a rational god)
It is this point that is most used to explain why the western world had such a huge advancment in the creation and fruits of science.
The developed the rules of evidences, the scientific method, the university system, and countless scientist were and still are believing Christians.. Including Gallileo, who proofs for heleocentrism were infact flawed and did not prove what was already widley understood since copernicus as probably true but not yet demostratable through impirical proofs.
The Church does get credit for fostering intentionally the scientists under its direct imploy and for encouraging, financing and fostering the discipline of the sciences for their earliest inception and of coarse continuing today.
Then please explain:

1. The Dark Ages.

2. Galileo's excommunication from the church.

3. Why only about 33% of scientists believe in a deity although religion achieves a higher percentage in the general population.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#4271 Jan 23, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
While you may claim this for yourself you cannot impose your belief on me.
I have a creator therefore I have the unalienable rights bestowed on me by my creator. You don't have a creator so you have no rights bestowed on you.
You have rights because of secular laws. As does everyone.

Do try not to embarrass yourself;0)

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#4272 Jan 23, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Attacks on God and Christianity in No way indicate that atheism is valid.
Declarations of god and xtianity in NO way indicate that theism is valid.
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#4273 Jan 23, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Your really grasping at straws here??
The Book Table Talk Was produced by the Nazi's to give a lasting record of what Hitler believed for postarity, and was based on taped transcripts and dictation of his views.
No serious scholar contends the Hilter or Stalin were Christians.
WHY DID HITLER NOT RESIGN FROM THE CHURCH AND STOP PAYING CHURCH TAXES??? EVERY SERVIOUS SCHOLAR KNOWS HITLER WAS A COMMITTED CHRISTIAN!!! There is a painting of Hitler as a Christian Knight!!

GERMAN CITIZENS PAY A TAX TO THE CHURCH--A SIGNIFICANT BURDEN
Hitler had constant arguments over paying taxes on his book royalty and other income. However, there was a simple way for Hitler to save money, by sending a signed declaration to the church that he was no longer a believer and no longer a member of the church. But Hitler never did that. To the day Hitler died, he was paying his church taxes and was a Christian and member of the church. Hitler was a committed Christian. Christianity is consistent with fascism. Eat your heart out!!!
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#4274 Jan 23, 2013
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS STATES THAT CHRISTIANS ARE NOT TO TELL LIES, BUT DAILY CHRISTIANS POST LIES ON THIS THREAD

Obviously those who claim to be Christians prefer to tell lies than accept the FACT THAT THE BIBLE IS FICTION AND ALL THE MAIN CHARACTERS ARE FICTIONAL LITERARY CHARACTERS!!! Poor chaps. Lies is all they have left to comfort them.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#4275 Jan 24, 2013
Thinking wrote:
There's not a lot to see down under. Not after all those steroids.
<quoted text>
gross

Louisville, KY

#4276 Jan 24, 2013
Nobody or nothing worth responding to in the Christian forums I see. We will take that as a victory :)

Oh any luck making up this Russian definition for langoliers half wit? You always run away when I ask you about that. Or should I say scampering?:))

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Fairly simple.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#4277 Jan 24, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
The religion of Hitler matters a great deal. Not in what it teaches us about that specific religion, but in what it teaches us about manipulation, religious thinking and social norms. Hitler quite obviously used Catholicism for his own end - and Catholics had no problems following and agreeing with him. In other words, they were unwilling to or incapable of seeing through his manipulation. Religion blinded them to his ends, vile, inhumane and atrocious as their were.
To ignore religion in the Third Reich is to fail to understand humanity, religious thinking and manipulation - it is to put the blinders on. History is the only teacher we have in world politics.
The example Nazi Germany teaches us is that religion is not enough. It quite clearly cannot safeguard our morality and our civil society. We need something better, something that teaches logical, critical thinking and self reflexivity (not reflection; look it up if you made this mistake).
Religion in the Third Reich - especially the official Catholic response to Hitler - is one of the most important truths in history. To ignore this is to embrace willful stupidity and is dangerous.
If the religion of the area wwas hypothetically Islam. Don't you think that Hilter could have committed the same atrocities? Powerful leaders from across the globe have manipulated the areas religions to fullfil their means. Christian, Muslim, Hindu, or whatever. Blood has been spilled and atrocities committed in the name of religion by power hungry psychopaths.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#4278 Jan 24, 2013
Nicht gross. Klein!
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>gross

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#4279 Jan 24, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention that Hitler's religion supplements the Christian argument that religion imparts morality quite nicely.
Religion has nothing to with morality. Morality is subjective and evolves. So, again Hitler's religion was just one of the tools he used tool to manipulate the masses. He also used the pride of the country. Economic failings were blamed on the Jews. Blah blah blah... not that any of this matters. It all comes down to that winners dictate history so Hitler=Bad guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min superwilly 228,531
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 32 min Patrick 150
Is Religion Childish? 2 hr Patrick 3
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 2 hr Patrick 3
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr _Bad Company 22,919
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 4 hr Richardfs 5,584
Our world came from nothing? 5 hr Richardfs 674

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE