Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#4099 Jan 22, 2013
Why?
Unlike many muslims, we're not intolerant.

www.redmolotov.com/images/designs/muhammad_de...
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
How come these Atheists used these "soled" currency notes? They should "blacken out" the name God? Should they not?
They should say "In Nothing We Trust"!!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#4100 Jan 22, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Google anything and you are a fool.
Only a fool would say such a thing.

If you had the Library of Congress and the former Library at Alexandria sitting next to one another in your home town, and somebody asked us a question, I would have my answer on Google before you had found your car keys.

And if the question was about pop culture, for example, you would likely never get an answer.
Lincoln wrote:
Hitler and Stalin were both atheists
They each received their moral foundation from the Christian church. Stalin was in seminary.

Hitler hit the jackpot when he chose to demagogue a nearly exclusively Christian country in order to manufacture support for a Holocaust, since the German people also got their moral foundation from the church.

If you were a Jew in Nazi Germany, and the only thing standing between you and the gas chambers was the quality of Christian morality and character, you didn't have much chance. If you were waiting for those tens of millions of church trained Christians to refuse to do what Jesus wanted, and instead stand up and say, "This is wrong! Stop, Herr Hitler!" you were a dead Jew.

Fennario

#4101 Jan 22, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
If you watched the inauguration of President Obama you witnessed Christianity in power. "..so help me God.."
Empty words mouthed mechanically and perfunctorily.

Look for that kind of mindless verbal litter to disappear shortly after people like me outnumber people like you in America.

Fennario

#4102 Jan 22, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
George Washington added the words “so help me God” to the oath of office , then bent forward to kiss the Bible. How did these words and this gesture come about? Supposedly the chief justice of New York’s Supreme Court admonished Washington and others that an oath that was not sworn on the Bible would lack legitimacy. As no Bible could be found in Federal Hall, where the swearing in was to be held, one was borrowed from a Masonic lodge a few blocks away.
Superstitions are slow to die. Some people still carry rabbits' feet.

Fennario

#4104 Jan 22, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You appear to not know much of one of Walt Disney's icons. You see if you go into Disney's world in Florida you will see a man or woman wearing a Micky Mouse costume and they can talk. They are referred to as Micky Mouse. Not as a pretender or a fake they are indeed called Micky Mouse. You do have such a limited knowledge.
Someday, Mr. Disney will be appreciated as the prophet that he truly was:

[1a][Disneic prophecy] http://snipurl.com/108iuq [image]
[1b][The news] http://snipurl.com/25tn3rc [image]

[2a][Disneic prophecy] http://snipurl.com/25tn47m
[2b][The news] http://snipurl.com/25tn4eu [image]

[3a][Disneic prophecy] http://snipurl.com/266za0y
[3b][The news] http://snipurl.com/25tn74q

Fennario

#4105 Jan 22, 2013
Fitz wrote:
No Im afraid he's correct Hitler & Stalin (and Mao & Pol-Pot, a Che Guvara) were all Atheists
Irrelevant even if true.

Totalitarian ideologies like Stalinism and Maoism are simply religions like Islam and Christianity, but with human gods. They are all cults of personality, where worship of the leader and devotion to his pronouncements are demanded. Each is equally authoritarian and intolerant, and each has a long history of genocide.

Secular humanism, which is guilty of nothing worse than giving the world modern liberal democracies, human rights, and science, repudiates it all:

"We affirm humanism as a realistic alternative to theologies of despair and ideologies of violence and as a source of rich personal significance and genuine satisfaction in the service to others."

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#4106 Jan 22, 2013
The religion of Hitler matters little. It was just a tool just like for any other political persona. Hitler would have been what ever religion he needed to be in order to gain power. Religion is just a tool to manipulate the masses, the end.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#4107 Jan 22, 2013
It is therefore strange that any would deny he was a catholic leader of a majority protestant Germany.
Lil Ticked wrote:
The religion of Hitler matters little. It was just a tool just like for any other political persona. Hitler would have been what ever religion he needed to be in order to gain power. Religion is just a tool to manipulate the masses, the end.

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#4108 Jan 22, 2013
It should say in reality we trust if anything there. I use my card everywhere I almost never have any currency on me.

So is it a sin in Islam to rape an infidel?

The Quran is funny! It's like ancient fan fiction! Like where god electrocutes Moses to death only so he can bring him back and demand Moses thank him for that.

Lol! That's funny and you animals believe that??
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Same way as every Currency note issued by Federal Reserve (which by the way is Not Federal and has nothing to do with any reserve, it is Jewish controlled body that controls Us finances) has the phrase "In God We trust"?
They tell a lie, every time you use the US Dollar Bills in any denomination!! Because you do not trust in God!!
How come these Atheists used these "soled" currency notes? They should "blacken out" the name God? Should they not?
They should say "In Nothing We Trust"!!

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#4109 Jan 22, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
The scientific evidence is that the universe was created in a big bag c.13.7 billion years ago. Life evolved on planet earth over 3.8 billion years from simple forms to complex life we see today.
The myths of the bible and the quran has been proved false. The universe and life was not created in 6 days 6000 years ago.
I agree, but I think you mean "big bang" and not "big bag!" Sorry, not calling you out on a typo, but I just thought it was funny. In a way, I suppose it was a really big bag! Cheers.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#4110 Jan 22, 2013
Thinking wrote:
It is therefore strange that any would deny he was a catholic leader of a majority protestant Germany.
<quoted text>
Yeah, I don't get it. Then again, the germans do not want even to claim Hitler.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#4111 Jan 22, 2013
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, not calling you out on a typo, but I just thought it was funny.
No problem. If new, welcome to the thread.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#4112 Jan 22, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
That's funny and you animals believe that??
<quoted text>
People can believe strange things. Largely due to upbringing and because beliefs give them comfort. In our upbringing to be taught the trinity 3=1, or a wafer=jesus is also insane to any rational person.

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#4113 Jan 22, 2013
Hey tell me Moses getting electrocuted by god only to be brought back and told to thank him for bringing him back wouldn't make an awesome Monty Python skit!
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
People can believe strange things. Largely due to upbringing and because beliefs give them comfort. In our upbringing to be taught the trinity 3=1, or a wafer=jesus is also insane to any rational person.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#4114 Jan 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant even if true.
Totalitarian ideologies like Stalinism and Maoism are simply religions like Islam and Christianity, but with human gods. They are all cults of personality, where worship of the leader and devotion to his pronouncements are demanded. Each is equally authoritarian and intolerant, and each has a long history of genocide.
Secular humanism, which is guilty of nothing worse than giving the world modern liberal democracies, human rights, and science, repudiates it all:
"We affirm humanism as a realistic alternative to theologies of despair and ideologies of violence and as a source of rich personal significance and genuine satisfaction in the service to others."
I just thought this needed to be said once again:

"Totalitarian ideologies like Stalinism and Maoism are simply religions like Islam and Christianity, but with human gods. They are all cults of personality, where worship of the leader and devotion to his pronouncements are demanded. Each is equally authoritarian and intolerant, and each has a long history of genocide."
Lincoln

United States

#4115 Jan 22, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Hey tell me Moses getting electrocuted by god only to be brought back and told to thank him for bringing him back wouldn't make an awesome Monty Python skit!
<quoted text>
Atheism declined to the level of Monty Python?
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#4116 Jan 22, 2013
Well, he was Austrian. But that hardly helps their case.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I don't get it. Then again, the germans do not want even to claim Hitler.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#4117 Jan 22, 2013
Religion aspiring to the heights of Monty Python?
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Lincoln

United States

#4118 Jan 22, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Religion aspiring to the heights of Monty Python?
<quoted text>
Enjoy Monthy Python.
Christianity seems strong in the US?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#4119 Jan 22, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, only if you think it is the atheist who believes in Moses and his pet god.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min ChristINSANITY is... 229,900
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr Reason Personified 1,007
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 6 hr I can read 22,981
Islam for peace, or violence? 7 hr Thinking 26
Man center of the universe. 10 hr Thinking 85
Razer and Ben Affleck take on the atheists Fri Thinking 6
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Oct 16 Mikko 1,401

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE