Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#4058 Jan 21, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Atheists had their time in power in East Germany shooting people who tried to leave.
Christians had their time in power, it was called the Dark Ages.
Lincoln

United States

#4059 Jan 21, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians had their time in power, it was called the Dark Ages.
If you watched the inauguration of President Obama you witnessed Christianity in power.

"..so help me God.."
Lincoln

United States

#4060 Jan 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What will be Mr. Biden's plans for Next four years? "Secret" prayers to Lord that "some thing" happens to the Top Guy?
Or paying lip service to Obama for all these eight years and then "distance himself away from him" when his Candidature for President is out and say "he never shared" the Obama dream or his way of doing things!
You see nothing but hypcrites and Traitors in these politicians!!
Not privy to his thoughts

George Washington added the words so help me God to the oath of office , then bent forward to kiss the Bible. How did these words and this gesture come about?

Supposedly the chief justice of New Yorks Supreme Court admonished Washington and others that an oath that was not sworn on the Bible would lack legitimacy. As no Bible could be found in Federal Hall, where the swearing in was to be held, one was borrowed from a Masonic lodge a few blocks away.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#4061 Jan 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You go right ahead and believe them.
You do realize that your numbers are very low compared to Theist.
In fact atheist make up a whole 2.04% of the worlds population. Yup that's it just barely over 2%!
And yet you all stand on your little soap boxes claiming that all the rest of the worlds population is wrong. LOL
That sounds like a small (very small) group of people that believe in the atheist fairy tale.
What shape was the earth when most people believed it was flat?
Langoliers wrote:
I suggest you look in the mirror when you're talking about fairy tales.
The CIA World Factbook gives the world population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.35%(of which Roman Catholic 16.83%, Protestant 6.08%, Orthodox 4.03%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.43%, Hindu 13.78%, Buddhist 7.13%, Sikh 0.36%, Jewish 0.21%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 11.17%, non-religious 9.42%, atheists 2.04%.
Wow. A whole 2.04% you guys are kicking some ass. LOL
Appealing to popularity, a logical fallacy.
BTW, Buddhists are atheists.
Langoliers wrote:
Type all the lie you want but survey after survey shows Atheist below 2.5%
Have a nice day now ya hear?
Even if that were true, so what?
You can't vote god into existence.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4063 Jan 21, 2013
Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>I made the following post and the reply above is what I got. When I made the previous post requesting proof and evidence, a list of drivel was provided. I have to conclude you have no proof and no evidence to contradict what I state:

WHERE IS THE 100% PROOF THAT JESUS AND THE BIBLE ARE NOT FICTIONAL???

Fact is that there is zero proof that Jesus Christ is a historical character. There is a consensus amongst credible historians that the bible is a work of fiction and Jesus and Moses are fictional characters, along with all the other key characters in the bible.

In fact atheist make up a whole 2.04% of the worlds population. Yup that's it just barely over 2%!

So please explain why your little clan is right and the rest of the world is wrong?

"Fact is that there is zero proof that Jesus Christ"

Fact? Zero? Really?
Here is one piece of proof BC and AD.

"H. G. Wells, British writer, 1866-1946

When asked which person left the most permanent impression on history, he replied that judging a person’s greatness by historical standards:

“By this test, Jesus stands first.”

“I am a historian, I am not a believer, but I must confess as a historian that this penniless preacher from Nazareth is irrevocably the very center of history. Jesus Christ is easily the most dominant figure in all history.”

“Christ is the most unique person of history. No man can write a history of the human race without giving first and foremost place to the penniless teacher of Nazareth.”

Kenneth Scott Latourette, former President of American Historic Society

In A History of Christianity:

“It is evidence of His importance, of the effect that He has had upon history and presumably, of the baffling mystery of His being that no other life ever lived on this planet has evoked so huge a volume of literature among so many people and languages, and that, far from ebbing, the flood continues to mount.”

“As the centuries pass by, the evidence is accumulating that measured by its effect on history, Jesus is the most influential life ever lived on this planet. The influence appears to be mounting.”

“No other life lived on this planet has so widely and deeply affected mankind.”

George Bancroft, great American historian

“I find the name of Jesus Christ written on the top of every page of modern history.”

http://www.why-jesus.com/history.htm" ;

So you're just another nut job.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4064 Jan 21, 2013
Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, you believe Mickey Mouse is real, just like you believe Jesus is real!!! I see. Carry on. LOL
You appear to not know much of one of Walt Disney's icons. You see if you go into Disney's world in Florida you will see a man or woman wearing a Micky Mouse costume and they can talk. They are referred to as Micky Mouse. Not as a pretender or a fake they are indeed called Micky Mouse. You do have such a limited knowledge.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#4065 Jan 21, 2013
It's like all those people that think they're jesus.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You appear to not know much of one of Walt Disney's icons. You see if you go into Disney's world in Florida you will see a man or woman wearing a Micky Mouse costume and they can talk. They are referred to as Micky Mouse. Not as a pretender or a fake they are indeed called Micky Mouse. You do have such a limited knowledge.
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#4066 Jan 21, 2013
Thinking wrote:
You're wrong.
<quoted text>
No Im afraid he's correct Hitler & Stalin (and Moa & Pol-Pot, a Che Guvara) were all Atheists

Marxism is by definition an Atheistic ideology and Nazism was rife with anti-Christian propaganda believing Christianity (correctly) to be rooted in the Jewish faith.. Hitlers quotes in "Table Talk" are the most refrenced and documneted of his virulantly anti-Chritian attitudes.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#4067 Jan 21, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Google anything and you are a fool.
Universities exist for education.
Try opening a book.
Hitler and Stalin were both atheists
I read constantly. I have never even slowed down, to considered not availing myself of every educational venue, including that of the popular sway, and of man on the streets view.

Stalin was, he was also a poewer hungry monster. Hitler was Christian, and Jesus is a double D cup. It's as good s any explanation for the herd of men following his every step.

If you knew what an atheist was, you wouldn't write such ignorant tripe.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#4068 Jan 21, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
If you watched the inauguration of President Obama you witnessed Christianity in power.
"..so help me God.."
The word "God" isn't exclusively Christian.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#4069 Jan 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
So please explain why your little clan is right and the rest of the world is wrong?
"Fact is that there is zero proof that Jesus Christ"
Fact? Zero? Really?
Here is one piece of proof BC and AD.
LOL. You can't be serious! That no more proves Jesus existed than the fact we have a "Thor's day" every week proves Thor is real.
http://www.everything2.com/title/Derivation+o...
Langoliers wrote:
"H. G. Wells, British writer, 1866-1946
When asked which person left the most permanent impression on history, he replied that judging a person’s greatness by historical standards:
“By this test, Jesus stands first.”
“I am a historian, I am not a believer, but I must confess as a historian that this penniless preacher from Nazareth is irrevocably the very center of history. Jesus Christ is easily the most dominant figure in all history.”
“Christ is the most unique person of history. No man can write a history of the human race without giving first and foremost place to the penniless teacher of Nazareth.”
Kenneth Scott Latourette, former President of American Historic Society
In A History of Christianity:
“It is evidence of His importance, of the effect that He has had upon history and presumably, of the baffling mystery of His being that no other life ever lived on this planet has evoked so huge a volume of literature among so many people and languages, and that, far from ebbing, the flood continues to mount.”
“As the centuries pass by, the evidence is accumulating that measured by its effect on history, Jesus is the most influential life ever lived on this planet. The influence appears to be mounting.”
“No other life lived on this planet has so widely and deeply affected mankind.”
George Bancroft, great American historian
“I find the name of Jesus Christ written on the top of every page of modern history.”
http://www.why-jesus.com/history.htm" ;
So you're just another nut job.
So, what is the evidence that Jesus existed?

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#4070 Jan 21, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
No Im afraid he's correct Hitler & Stalin (and Moa & Pol-Pot, a Che Guvara) were all Atheists
Marxism is by definition an Atheistic ideology and Nazism was rife with anti-Christian propaganda believing Christianity (correctly) to be rooted in the Jewish faith.. Hitlers quotes in "Table Talk" are the most refrenced and documneted of his virulantly anti-Chritian attitudes.
So what? You lied. Hitler was a Christian as were the Middle Age Inquisitors. In-fact, Hitler modeled his regime after the pomp and circumstance of the Roman Church. What a Jackass!!!

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#4071 Jan 21, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Google anything and you are a fool.
Universities exist for education.
Try opening a book.
Hitler and Stalin were both atheists
Gott mit uns (meaning God with us) is a phrase commonly used on armor in the German military from the German Empire to the end of the Third Reich, although its historical origins are far older. The Russian Empire's motto also translates to this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gott_mit_uns
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#4072 Jan 21, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? You lied. Hitler was a Christian as were the Middle Age Inquisitors. In-fact, Hitler modeled his regime after the pomp and circumstance of the Roman Church. What a Jackass!!!
Hitler was Baptised a Catholic but his virulantly anti-christian ideology is well documented.

And he modeled his regime after the pagan Roman pomp af the Ceasers..The Roman Eagle and their standards were pre-Christian military garb..

And what do you think you know about the inquisition?

What do you or have you ever read.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#4073 Jan 21, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was Baptised a Catholic but his virulantly anti-christian ideology is well documented.
And he modeled his regime after the pagan Roman pomp af the Ceasers..The Roman Eagle and their standards were pre-Christian military garb..
Funny...that's exactly what the all religions say about all other religions.
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#4074 Jan 21, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
GERMAN CITIZENS PAY A TAX TO THE CHURCH--A SIGNIFICANT BURDEN

Hitler had constant arguments over paying taxes on his book royalty and other income. However, there was a simple way for Hitler to save money, by sending a signed declaration to the church that he was no longer a believer and no longer a member of the church. But Hitler never did that. To the day Hitler died, he was paying his church taxes and was a Christian and member of the church. Hitler was a committed Christian. Christianity is consistent with fascism.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#4075 Jan 21, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad she didn't shoot him till he looked like Swiss cheese. If you're going to get sent home, might as well make it worth it.
RAmen sister!

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#4076 Jan 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>

It is a fact that Nazareth is being excavated. It is a fact that Nazareth has been dated to the days of Jesus. These are hard facts nothing you can post will prove other wise. So dream on you little devil.
Do you mean the site proclaimed as Nazareth by Franciscan archaeologists??? LMAO!

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#4077 Jan 21, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if Nazareth did exist at the time, that's not evidence that Jesus is an historical figure. Many fictional stories take place in real places.
True! Stephen King usually sets his stories in Maine.....much more interesting stories at that.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#4078 Jan 21, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
You just said Hitler was a Baptized Catholic. The Catholic Church was modeled after the Roman Hierarchy, in fact, Canonical Law works exactly as Roman Law did. Do you ever read you big dummy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 13 min Thinking 142
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 26 min Thinking 2,278
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr KiMare 232,900
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 9 hr polymath257 23,199
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 15 hr Yiago 148
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 21 hr thetruth 34
God' existence 21 hr thetruth 67
More from around the web