Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
3,661 - 3,680 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Most atheists I know (including on these threads) are only dismissive and contemptuous of the fundamentalist mindset.
These are the people who believe Earth is less than 20,000 years old and who hate science but have no idea what science is.
These are the people who believe a person can't be moral or happy or a complete functioning person without believing in a god.
These are the people working on getting the government to sponsor their religion and exclude all others.
These are the only religious people we see in these Topix threads.
Which kind of makes one wonder if this is really the attitude of a majority of religious people who are only masking their true feelings because they don't have the anonymity of the internet.
Go look on thi vey thread under the name "Fitz" to see examples of authentic religious belief and its more than apt understanding of science.

I find the atheists to often be ignorant of scince and extremley bigoted and small minded and totally ignorant what authentic religioon bings to the table intellectually & morally

II

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Religion totally bings all over the place!
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Go look on thi vey thread under the name "Fitz" to see examples of authentic religious belief and its more than apt understanding of science.
I find the atheists to often be ignorant of scince and extremley bigoted and small minded and totally ignorant what authentic religioon bings to the table intellectually & morally
II
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Most atheists I know (including on these threads) are only dismissive and contemptuous of the fundamentalist mindset.
These are the people who believe Earth is less than 20,000 years old and who hate science but have no idea what science is.
These are the people who believe a person can't be moral or happy or a complete functioning person without believing in a god.
These are the people working on getting the government to sponsor their religion and exclude all others.
These are the only religious people we see in these Topix threads.
Which kind of makes one wonder if this is really the attitude of a majority of religious people who are only masking their true feelings because they don't have the anonymity of the internet.
Of course there is no god, religions are only myths!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fact is that there is zero proof that Jesus Christ is a historical character. "
LMAO!
Nut case! LOL
"H. G. Wells, British writer, 1866-1946
When asked which person left the most permanent impression on history, he replied that judging a person’s greatness by historical standards:
“By this test, Jesus stands first.”
“I am a historian, I am not a believer, but I must confess as a historian that this penniless preacher from Nazareth is irrevocably the very center of history. Jesus Christ is easily the most dominant figure in all history.”
“Christ is the most unique person of history. No man can write a history of the human race without giving first and foremost place to the penniless teacher of Nazareth.”
Kenneth Scott Latourette, former President of American Historic Society
In A History of Christianity:
“It is evidence of His importance, of the effect that He has had upon history and presumably, of the baffling mystery of His being that no other life ever lived on this planet has evoked so huge a volume of literature among so many people and languages, and that, far from ebbing, the flood continues to mount.”
“As the centuries pass by, the evidence is accumulating that measured by its effect on history, Jesus is the most influential life ever lived on this planet. The influence appears to be mounting.”
“No other life lived on this planet has so widely and deeply affected mankind.”
George Bancroft, great American historian
“I find the name of Jesus Christ written on the top of every page of modern history.”"
http://www.why-jesus.com/history.htm
There was never seen Jesus as a god. Even no god was ever existing!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Because we have had repeated proof of it all our lives and all of history occurred day after day. We have constructed measures of time and it has stayed the course.
We could tell if we were on a collision course with a giant asteroid that might destroy this planet, we could measure if the sun was going super nova, there may be other things that we don't know about, who's to say?
Until we have proof otherwise, we will continue to operate on past proof. Have you ever tossed a quarter in the air? Did it fall to the ground? Will it fall to the ground the next time or just float in the air....you tell me.
We never have any god, Jesus or otherwise.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
You have joined the discussion at an extremely late stage look back some more.
You're taking more time to make posts to tell me to look back than it would take for you to name a few good pieces of evidence.

Why?

Just name the best evidence.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>
WHERE IS THE 100% PROOF THAT JESUS AND THE BIBLE ARE NOT FICTIONAL???
Fact is that there is zero proof that Jesus Christ is a historical character. There is a consensus amongst credible historians that the bible is a work of fiction and Jesus and Moses are fictional characters, along with all the other key characters in the bible.
There is no denying: the bible has fakes, lies and errors that is why the bible is the fiction of many people.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
It's good that there are religious folk who can encompass science. But ... Science has no place for magic.
I had watched Bill Maher's documentary "Religulious", some time ago. I found it entertaining.....I thought he could have probe deeper into certain areas. Anyway I was struck by the contrast between Ken Hamm and the Creationist Museum, and Father George Coyne, Astronomer, and director of the Vatican observatory. Both men of faith, vastly different opinions on religion and science. Check it out.

http://m.youtube.com/watch...
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact is that there is zero proof that Jesus Christ is a historical character. There is a consensus amongst credible historians that the bible is a work of fiction and Jesus and Moses are fictional characters, along with all the other key characters in the bible.

But the Roman Catholic Church is living with that lie for many centuries! It is not the only religion! The more they are educated the less they get religious!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Please feel free to list your proof of the fact (as you put it) of evolution. I'm not talking of the simply turning on or off genes, I am talking of macro evolution where one kind produces another kind.
And if you try to play the "there is no such thing as micro or macro evolution card" you might want to look here first.
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/arti...
Yup your own Berkeley University.
And if you try the old fossil record thing I can spam thousands of articles from science journals and other sources that openly admit to an incomplete fossil record with many missing intermediate fossil.
Ok now list your proof!
Science is the biggest enemy of any religions. It is always the winner of the reality race!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Both only in the minds of the brainwashed
Quite a few are still brainwashed.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>LOLLL--HG Wells was a fiction writer!!!
Cite a single contemporaneous account of Jesus's existence in any Roman, Egyptian, Hittite, Greek or Persian record!! There are none. Everything written about the fictional character you call Jesus was written long after he supposedly lived and Jesus.
You provide some bogus bullsht link to support your claims. Everyone knows that one of the key works on that cite is a forgery!!!

"The father of Christianity appears to be Paul and the father of the history of the Christian Church appears to be Eusebius. Both never knew or walked with Jesus &#8213; according the Christian scriptures, but primarily because there was no real Jesus. The Jesus man-god character is simply fictitious. Yet, Christians today believe everything these two men &#8213; Paul and Eusebius &#8213;want them to believe. Christians believe every word they read and hear to be the words from God &#8213; their Invisible Friend in the Sky!'

"Dr. Robert L. Wilken, first Protestant scholar to be admitted to the staff of Fordham University recently wrote:

"Eusebius wrote a history of Christianity in which there is no real history. Eusebius was the first thoroughly dishonest and unfair historian in ancient times".(The Myth of Christian Beginnings, History's Impact on Belief, Chapter III: The Bishop's Maiden: History Without History, p73, p57)

Another scholar, Joseph Wheless charged that Eusebius was one of the most prolific forgers and liars of his age in the church, and a great romancer; in his hair-raising histories of the holy Martyrs, he assures us "that on some occasions the bodies of the martyrs who had been devoured by wild beasts, upon the beasts being strangled, were found alive in their stomachs, even after having been fully digested"!(FORGERY IN CHRISTIANITY: A Documented Record of the Foundations of the Christian Religion, 1930; quoted Gibbon, History, Ch. 37; Lardner, iv, p. 91; Diegesis, p. 272)"

http://jdstone.org/cr/files/fathereusebiusfor...
So you completely missed all the other Historian listed? Go figure!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>
For many centuries the bible is the play ball to fake, lie and errors of the mighty and the rich one and masses of peoples to make dumb.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Hey retard! Explain how Josephus and every other major historian at the time missed the Nazareth settlement? It was the job of Josephus to map out and document the entire region from major cities to small tent settlements. The bible mentions Nazareth having a temple so it couldn't have been that small. Regardless how did Josephus and every other 1st century historian miss it?

Did your retarded god put a spell on the city of Nazareth making it invisible to tax collectors? And we all know Caesar loved his taxes! I doubt he would have let an entire fcking city go!

Must have been because the earliest artifacts and documentation of the settlement comes well into the 2nd century.

Either your retarded god hid the city from everyone or the city didn't exist until well into the 2nd century.
So to you it matters not that world leaders in archeology are uncovering Nazareth ruins and have concluded that Nazareth was indeed a town that existed in the days of Christ. Go Figure!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fact is that there is zero proof that Jesus Christ is a historical character. "
LMAO!
Nut case! LOL
"H. G. Wells, British writer, 1866-1946
When asked which person left the most permanent impression on history, he replied that judging a person’s greatness by historical standards:
“By this test, Jesus stands first.”
“I am a historian, I am not a believer, but I must confess as a historian that this penniless preacher from Nazareth is irrevocably the very center of history. Jesus Christ is easily the most dominant figure in all history.”
“Christ is the most unique person of history. No man can write a history of the human race without giving first and foremost place to the penniless teacher of Nazareth.”
“It is evidence of His importance, of the effect that He has had upon history and presumably, of the baffling mystery of His being that no other life ever lived on this planet has evoked so huge a volume of literature among so many people and languages, and that, far from ebbing, the flood continues to mount.”
“As the centuries pass by, the evidence is accumulating that measured by its effect on history, Jesus is the most influential life ever lived on this planet. The influence appears to be mounting.”
“I find the name of Jesus Christ written on the top of every page of modern history.”"
Jesus died approximately 2000 years ago as human being. Thin that he is misused as a cult figure.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>It's willfully ignorant denial of science.
You're stuck on your sciences word species. 4 species of Rabbit LOL

Really? LOL

There is one Kind of Rabbit. As I specified in my post. Macro Evolution is one KIND giving rise to another KIND.

"You didn't come here to learn about evolution"

Why would I? Evolution is a MYTH just as the Big Bang, Spontaneous Life is.

"The fossil record, however, is quite incomplete. Here's one major reason why: Sediment has to cover an organism's remains in order for the long fossilization process to begin. Most organisms decompose before this can happen. Fossilization odds increase if the organism happened to exist in large numbers or lived in or around sediment. For example, trilobites, ancient marine arthropods, met both criteria, so they're rather common fossils. The Tyrannosaurus rex, however, is far rarer. It was large and land-dwelling, and as a top predator made up a far smaller percentage of the population.
Plus, fossils may be set in stone, but they're far from impervious. Like all rocks, they erode, melt and fragment. Factor in all the fossils we haven't uncovered with the ones we can't decipher properly (due to partial fossilization or insufficient technology), and the fossil record gets even spottier."
http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmenta...

"Exposing the Evolutionist’s Sleight-of-Hand With the Fossil Record
Fred Williams
January 2002
(Featured in Creation Digest, Winter 2002)

Introduction

One of the most effective pitches evolutionists use to sell their theory is their claim that the fossil record supports evolution. This could not be farther from the truth; in fact the fossil record provides powerful and overwhelming evidence that evolution did not occur on earth. So how is the evolutionist able to effectively sell to their audience the precise opposite of what the data shows? They achieve this by employing a clever sleight-of-hand with the fossil data that can easily be missed by any reasonable person. The purpose of this article is to expose this sleight-of-hand, which will then dissolve the false illusion it creates. Once the curtain is pulled and the illusion exposed, the truth can clearly be seen – the fossil record is an overwhelming and devastating contradiction to evolution.

The Sleight-of-Hand

Here’s the catch, the magic behind the illusion. Whenever an evolutionist presents his line of evidence for evolution in the fossil record, he will without fail, virtually every time, present a vertebrate transitional fossil. Why is this important? The evolutionist is failing to mention to his audience that vertebrates constitute less than .01% of the entire fossil record, and of these fossils, most species are represented by a bone or less!1 What about the other 99.99% of the fossil record? That’s the other key piece of information the evolutionist is withholding from you. Complex invertebrates make up the vast majority of this portion of the record, roughly 95%. We have cataloged literally millions of different species of these very complex creatures, and we have entire fossils, not just pieces here and there. In this rich and virtually complete portion of the fossil record, there is not a single sign of evolution, whatsoever!!!2

If evolution were true, the fossil record should be littered with countless examples showing many different transitions leading up to the millions of species of these complex creatures. YET WE DO NOT HAVE A SINGLE EXAMPLE! NOT EVEN ONE! The remarkable completeness of this vast portion of the fossil record thwarts evolutionists from cooking up "transitionals" because speculation is not so easy when you have entire specimens. There is not the wild guesswork inherent when dealing with willy-nilly fragments of a tooth here, a leg bone there."

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Prediction is not scientific; fact is scientific.
This alone shows you know nothing about how science is actually done.
It was evolutionists who redefined the meaning if 'theory' so they could use the myth (lie) of evolution as science. It never has been science it never will be science.
No, it was not 'evolutionists' that came up with this standard of science. it was Galileo, Newton, Lagrange, and others who regarded agreement of theory with observation crucial for understanding. That meant the general theory had to make predictions of the results for observations *and* those predictions had to agree with the subsequent observations. It is prediction and agreement with observation that makes a scientific theory valid. this was the standard for over 100 years before evolutionary biology came on the scene.
Anthing adapting, using its inbuilt design feature to adapt, is not evolution as defined by the myth (lie) if evolution founders.
Showing you have no understanding of what the theory of evolution actually says. Yes, adaptation *is* evolution. It is at the heart of how evolutionary changes happen.
It is simple adaptation to environmental stimulus, that is not evolution.
Yes, in fact, it is. Your lack of understanding of what the scientific thoery says is not a fault of the science. it is *your* problem for refusing to learn what the science actually says.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>You were already humiliated on this. Who cares why a fiction writer said about Jesus? Who cares what anyone's opinion on Jesus is?

Show the proof for a historical Jesus not people saying he existed because they said so. Actual historic proof.

Any century now.
Notice others listed here:

H.G. Wells "I am a historian, I am not a believer, but I must confess as a historian that this penniless preacher from Nazareth is irrevocably the very center of history. Jesus Christ is easily the most dominant figure in all history.”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>Data in the USA indicate quite the opposite. The higher the level of education, the more likely the individual attends church.
While liberal churches in America are losing members, nearly all conservative churches are growing and many quite rapidly.
You're mixing two different things: religious belief and religious attendance.

In the US, there is a positive correlation between education and attendance. Indeed, education is positively correlated with increased social interaction in all forms.

However, there is a negative correlation between education and religious beliefs (Heaven, miracles, demons, literal Bible, Creationism, etc). The highly educated are less likely to accept religious beliefs and usually belong to liberal denominations. Baptists, Evangelicals, Mormons and other fundamentalist Christian groups are the least educated groups.

http://www.economics.harvard.edu/pub/hier/200...

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Please feel free to list your proof of the fact (as you put it) of evolution. I'm not talking of the simply turning on or off genes, I am talking of macro evolution where one kind produces another kind.
Define 'kind'.

What sort of evidence do you think is required to show evolution? be specific.

In particular, evolution does NOT predict that a cat will give birth to a dog. Or that any generation will be significantly different than the previous. But it *does* say that the tiny difference from one generation to the next will add up to make larger changes.
And if you try the old fossil record thing I can spam thousands of articles from science journals and other sources that openly admit to an incomplete fossil record with many missing intermediate fossil.
Ok now list your proof!
Yes, you can spam. The general tactic is to respond to an intermediate fossil by asking for the two intermediates on each side. Or to take advantage of the simple fact that the fossil record is sparse to argue that we can't tell family similarities and how they change over time. Yes, many of the intermediates are missing. That is to be expected from the fact that fossilization is rare and uneven. You don't tend to get fossils formed at the top of mountains. But, we do have plenty of fossils showing the major transitions at the family level across many different inheritance lines. We also have the genetic evidence showing the inheritance patterns.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min Buck Crick 224,079
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr Charchar king 192
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr religionisillness 834
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 3 hr religionisillness 361
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr Magyar 101 21,383
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 8 hr Patrick 16
Of Interest InTheNews 8 hr Patrick 3
•••
•••