Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,438

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#3736 Jan 18, 2013
allah just told me your a dickhead, and hes bloody right
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And by "which" and by "Whose" authority you are threatening me? And where is the copy and paste in this? It is an original composition by me.
What type of Sick mind you people have? Instead of answering the questions, you want to shout people down!!
Is that what you call as reason and logic?
Shame on you!!

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#3737 Jan 18, 2013
We have been exceedingly patient with you Muq but the time has come for you to start having a back and forth conversation and not just spam the boards with off topic walls of text. You need to start answering questions, like.

What is your opinion of Muslims mutilation of female baby's genitals?

Do you think Muslim suicide bombers go to heaven and have a palace with 72 virgins awaiting them? A simple yes or no would answer this.

Do you believe in the holy she-camel of Allah that is spoke of in the Quran as a prophecy? Again a simple yes or no would answer this.

Time to step up your game and you have been amply warned that your off topic spam walls of text will be reported for mass deletion. The better way is to post a brief line or two from it and ten provide a link. There is a far better chance it will be read and a far better chance that it won't be deleted for violating topix terms and conditions.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
So you also are in the gang of "Topics Bullies and Strong Arm brotehrhood"?
I could guess from your posts, now you confirmed!!
People who would not be able to discuss and debate any matter and would chose to complain and throw tantrum "Mama, Mama, this boy is teasing me, please do something about him"!!
Sicko!!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#3738 Jan 18, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are a few for you.
1) where I am it is sunny now
2) evolution is s myth
3) creation is 100% factual
There you go three there are many more.
aaaahahahahhaahhahaahahha!

Name one "fact of creation" - hahahaha! If you can, I mean, with a straight face.

:)

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#3739 Jan 18, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
The creator does not need creating. We have been through all this already be so kind as yo read the previous posts on this thread.
You religious people demand that we reveal a creator for our universe, claiming that something so intelligently designed has to have a creator, but you love to claim that your all powerful God does not need to have a creator.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#3740 Jan 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
You can say that it is “Assumed” by the evolutionists that “species evolve from one to another over a period of time”. There is no evidence if it really happens and what are the factors that “prompt” one specie to evolve from one to other.
All evidence points to this. Not a single shred of evidence denies it. Please read more basic science before spouting nonsensical fabrications publicly.
There is not a single case of millions of species that prove the entire evolution path.
Huh? You don't think there are millions of species on the planet? There are.

You don't think we have good transition fossils? You're mistaken: we have a ridiculous number of transition fossils - so many that the species concept itself is invalidated.(no, I don't expect anyone who so plainly lacks in biological knowledge to understand that last sentence I wrote).
Evolution occurs or not, is immaterial, what is material as to “Is it happening without any plan, without any design and without any purpose”?
These are important Questions which these “evolutionists” would like to sweep under the carpet.
Those questions are not important to science. Sorry. They cannot increase our knowledge base at all.

In fact, they were dismissed by science 160 years ago as useless in the production of new knowledge and technology. They drove knowledge seeking for centuries - and look where that got the dark ages. No where. Science ignores the dogmatic claims of religion because those never, ever produce new knowledge, technology and avenues of research.

However, if those questions are important for you, religiously, then you can seek them out through your own personal and group spiritual experiences.
We know that nothing creates itself and nothing can be created by chance.
False. And strangely written.
So there is very strong case for a Very Powerful and Knowledgeable Force behind it, it is elf evident. The people who “Only believe in evolution” close their eyes to this question.
False.
And there is no Abrahamic God, or Mosaic God or Jesuit God…. God is one and the same.
Muslims, Christians and Jews would likely disagree with you, but I don't care. There are no such things as deities - these are just products of your imagination.
Evolution = illusion
Materialism= escape from reality.
So false as to be opposite.

Sir, you are withdrawn from reality. I hope your spirituality makes up for your living in fantasy. If it does, great. I'm sure you can get by with these happy, positive thoughts. But this way of thinking...it makes for worthless science.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#3741 Jan 18, 2013
So...not a single soul can take up my challenge and produce a creationist framework for explaining all biological phenomena? For unifying all biological sciences under one umbrella?

I'm not surprised - creationism is total fiction, worthless at best, harmful normally.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#3742 Jan 18, 2013
Evolution is as much a fact as islamic Female Genital Mutilation is today.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Well I have seen people on these threads calling these people with “as many names” as they wish. I could count at least 50 “Bestowed” by the writers on these threads itself.
You can say that it is “Assumed” by the evolutionists that “species evolve from one to another over a period of time”. There is no evidence if it really happens and what are the factors that “prompt” one specie to evolve from one to other.
There is not a single case of millions of species that prove the entire evolution path.
Evolution occurs or not, is immaterial, what is material as to “Is it happening without any plan, without any design and without any purpose”?
These are important Questions which these “evolutionists” would like to sweep under the carpet.
We know that nothing creates itself and nothing can be created by chance.
So there is very strong case for a Very Powerful and Knowledgeable Force behind it, it is elf evident. The people who “Only believe in evolution” close their eyes to this question.
And there is no Abrahamic God, or Mosaic God or Jesuit God…. God is one and the same.
Evolution = illusion
Materialism= escape from reality.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#3743 Jan 18, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are a few for you.
1) where I am it is sunny now
This is an observation, not an overarching scientific theory.
2) evolution is s myth
3) creation is 100% factual
And both of these are so far wrong as to be silly.
There you go three there are many more.
In other words, you don't even take your own criteria seriously.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#3744 Jan 18, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
You want 100% proof for creation here it is. Look out of your window and see creation it is all around.
This only shows you have no idea what it means to prove something. When I look out my window, I see the *universe* all around. You make an *assumption* that this was all created. You don't even have 1% proof, let alone 100%.
The creator if DNA knows all about it He knows what mere mortal man has yet to discover.
yes, we know your myth says this, but what is the proof? Even a 90% proof would be wonderful.
I am a Biblically Orthodox Jew I have never tried to hide anything nor have I been coy.
You have the right to be a fool if you want.
Pat

Granby, CT

#3745 Jan 18, 2013
Atheists and theists do not argue over the merits of believing in aliens on Pluto, or leprechauns. We rarely dispute what is or is not valid evidence for something outside the scope of religion (death denial). Theists prove every day that they can and do use normal reasoning. They can even serve on juries! It is ONLY in matters that conflict with the theists cherished death denial mythology that these disagreements arise. This clearly proves the hypocrisy and dishonesty of the theist, attempting to protect their cherished beliefs. Theists are really just cowards who refuse to accept their own mortality and face it honestly like adults. We know that awareness requires working senses and a livng brain and we know it will cease upon death. Reality may frustrate our desires but it is what it is so be honest about it and face it.
Pat

Granby, CT

#3746 Jan 18, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
You religious people demand that we reveal a creator for our universe, claiming that something so intelligently designed has to have a creator, but you love to claim that your all powerful God does not need to have a creator.
Hypocrisy is an integral part of the theist package.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#3747 Jan 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Evolution is as much a fact as islamic Female Genital Mutilation is today.
<quoted text>
Thinking, I must admit, that was the strangest comparison I have yet seen, with regards to evolution.

Accurate, but strange.
Pat

Granby, CT

#3748 Jan 18, 2013
The god question is irrelevant for we will all die not knowing like everybody else before us.

WHAT IS RELEVANT IS THAT WE KNOW FOR A FACT THAT DEATH ENDS LIFE AND THAT MEMORY AND AWARENESS IS BRAIN FUNCTION, NOT A GHOST AND IT WILL CEASE UPON DEATH. A CORPSE DOES NOT LIE, THEISTS DO. lIFE AFTER DEATH IS FALSE, THERE IS DEATH AFTER DEATH AND WE KNOW THIS FOR A FACT. IF A CORPSE CAN NOT BE CONSIDERED PROOF OF THIS THEN NOTHING WE KNOW OF COULD EVER BE SAID TO BE PROVEN FOR THERE COULD NOT POSSIBLY BE ANY MORE CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE FOR THIS THAN A CORPSE.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#3749 Jan 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
So...not a single soul can take up my challenge and produce a creationist framework for explaining all biological phenomena? For unifying all biological sciences under one umbrella?
I'm not surprised - creationism is total fiction, worthless at best, harmful normally.
Ummmm.... And Gawd said "let there be all sorts of biologically related stuff!" and POOF... there was all sorts of biologically related stuff... and the stuff was good
sarafina

Denver, CO

#3750 Jan 18, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I am being cheated. And yes, I *do* have trust in some people. But trust is earned and to earn it, you have to actually exist. That rules out trust in deities.
Tommorow doesn't exist but you trust it will come nevertheless.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#3751 Jan 18, 2013
I'm fed up of the toqiyya that Saudis treat their women better.

My Polish friend had to "burka up" to go shopping in Riyadh and she still got really badly groped and had to run into a women's changing room to escape the bastards. It was very scary for her.

This has never happened to her in Poland or her adopted UK.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking, I must admit, that was the strangest comparison I have yet seen, with regards to evolution.
Accurate, but strange.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#3753 Jan 18, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Ummmm.... And Gawd said "let there be all sorts of biologically related stuff!" and POOF... there was all sorts of biologically related stuff... and the stuff was good
Damn, TerryL, shhhhhhhhh!

Don't let them know it's so simple! Quick, take that back and let's hide the evidence to promote evolution!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#3754 Jan 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I'm fed up of the toqiyya that Saudis treat their women better.
My Polish friend had to "burka up" to go shopping in Riyadh and she still got really badly groped and had to run into a women's changing room to escape the bastards. It was very scary for her.
This has never happened to her in Poland or her adopted UK.
<quoted text>
Geezes!!! That's terrible!

You know I used to teach martial arts. Some of the women I taught took it up because of perverts like that - in Japan, on the trains.

Makes me want to take it up again or visit those countries...

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#3755 Jan 18, 2013
Pat wrote:
The god question is irrelevant for we will all die not knowing like everybody else before us.
WHAT IS RELEVANT IS THAT WE KNOW FOR A FACT THAT DEATH ENDS LIFE AND THAT MEMORY AND AWARENESS IS BRAIN FUNCTION, NOT A GHOST AND IT WILL CEASE UPON DEATH. A CORPSE DOES NOT LIE, THEISTS DO. lIFE AFTER DEATH IS FALSE, THERE IS DEATH AFTER DEATH AND WE KNOW THIS FOR A FACT. IF A CORPSE CAN NOT BE CONSIDERED PROOF OF THIS THEN NOTHING WE KNOW OF COULD EVER BE SAID TO BE PROVEN FOR THERE COULD NOT POSSIBLY BE ANY MORE CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE FOR THIS THAN A CORPSE.
Oh. Ok then. I think you're right. Let's tell everyone and have the thread closed.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#3756 Jan 18, 2013
But Saudi isn't Japan or the UK. You'd instantly be in the wrong and the corrupt Saudi police would f**k you up with no chance of appeal.

Plus sharia says you only get half a vote because you weren't born with a penis in one hand and a koran in the other.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Geezes!!! That's terrible!
You know I used to teach martial arts. Some of the women I taught took it up because of perverts like that - in Japan, on the trains.
Makes me want to take it up again or visit those countries...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min ChristineM 231,854
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 6 hr Even Steven 903
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 12 hr thetruth 17
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow 12 hr tha Professor 1
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 12 hr tha Professor 2
Siro is writing a new book 23 hr thetruth 5
Why the Internet is slowly strangling religion Sun P_Smith 1

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE