Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#3715 Jan 17, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is plenty of evidence for evolution. But it takes more than 4K characters to present it.
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/sear...
The creation myth in Genesis is absurd. There is no evidence to back it up. It's is clearly a story made up by ignorant, primitive people. People ignorant of the existence of DNA, the fact that the sun is needed for life on earth...
And why are you so coy about the religious sect you belong to? Why won't you just tell us the name of it? Provide us a link to its web site?
Probably because he is the only member.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#3716 Jan 17, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Your church teaches mass lies......You dont like that right???????
YOU ARE AN UNEDUCATED FOOL WHO EVERYONE HERE HAS CRUSHED UNDER THE WIEGHT OF FACT AND TRUTH...You have lost....simple as that hitler.
Hey Sick-o-who-throws-a-hissy-fit. ...how the heck are ya? Why do u have such an obsession with Hitler? Do u call anyone who has a different opinion than u, "Hitler"?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#3717 Jan 17, 2013
Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>
SO, THERE IS NO PROOF JESUS EXISTED, CERTAINLY NOWHERE CLOSE TO 100%!!!
Poor Colin-the-bowel-movement is out of luck!!! The same 100% proof standard he demands of science cannot be sustained for his claims for the fairy tale deity he thinks is the hidden hand behind all wars, pestilence, diarrhea, birth, life and death!!!
I think it needs to be kept in perspective. There are other historical figures for which the evidence is limited, in that sense Jesus is not alone.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#3719 Jan 17, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"H. G. Wells, British writer, 1866-1946
When asked which person left the most permanent impression on history, he replied that judging a person’s greatness by historical standards:
“By this test, Jesus stands first.”
“I am a historian, I am not a believer, but I must confess as a historian that this penniless preacher from Nazareth is irrevocably the very center of history. Jesus Christ is easily the most dominant figure in all history.”
“Christ is the most unique person of history. No man can write a history of the human race without giving first and foremost place to the penniless teacher of Nazareth.”
Kenneth Scott Latourette, former President of American Historic
Society
Nazareth didn't exist at the Jesus was supposed to have lived, and there are no degrees of uniqueness.(IOW, you can't be the "most unique", you are either unique or you aren't.)
Langoliers wrote:
In A History of Christianity:
“It is evidence of His importance, of the effect that He has had upon history and presumably, of the baffling mystery of His being that no other life ever lived on this planet has evoked so huge a volume of literature among so many people and languages, and that, far from ebbing, the flood continues to mount.”
“As the centuries pass by, the evidence is accumulating that measured by its effect on history, Jesus is the most influential life ever lived on this planet. The influence appears to be mounting.”
“No other life lived on this planet has so widely and deeply affected mankind.”
George Bancroft, great American historian
“I find the name of Jesus Christ written on the top of every page of modern history.”"
http://www.why-jesus.com/history.htm

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#3720 Jan 17, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it needs to be kept in perspective. There are other historical figures for which the evidence is limited, in that sense Jesus is not alone.
Fair enough.

I guess it gets problematic when people start attributing acts of magic to Jesus and believing it all really happened.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#3721 Jan 17, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. NOTHING in the *real world* is known with 100% confidence. What else is new?
Here are a few for you.
1) where I am it is sunny now
2) evolution is s myth
3) creation is 100% factual
There you go three there are many more.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#3722 Jan 17, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is plenty of evidence for evolution. But it takes more than 4K characters to present it.
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/sear...
The creation myth in Genesis is absurd. There is no evidence to back it up. It's is clearly a story made up by ignorant, primitive people. People ignorant of the existence of DNA, the fact that the sun is needed for life on earth...
And why are you so coy about the religious sect you belong to? Why won't you just tell us the name of it? Provide us a link to its web site?
That Berkeley site is not snap authority in fact it admits that evolution is a unprovable theory hence myth.

You want 100% proof for creation here it is. Look out of your window and see creation it is all around. The creator if DNA knows all about it He knows what mere mortal man has yet to discover.

I am a Biblically Orthodox Jew I have never tried to hide anything nor have I been coy.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#3723 Jan 17, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
That Berkeley site is not snap authority in fact it admits that evolution is a unprovable theory hence myth.
Take a 5th grade science class, will you? Learn what proof means in the scientific sense, then maybe, just maybe, you'll realize how idiotic your statements are. One of the factors of proof in a scientific sense is repeatability. Well, since they can't watch life change over billions of years again and again, evolution can't be proven. But that doesn't make it a myth.
Colin The Zionist wrote:
You want 100% proof for creation here it is. Look out of your window and see creation it is all around. The creator if DNA knows all about it He knows what mere mortal man has yet to discover.
BS. The Adam and Eve story was made up by people who didn't know about DNA. Grow up and deal with that simple fact.
Colin The Zionist wrote:
I am a Biblically Orthodox Jew I have never tried to hide anything nor have I been coy.
Why are you being coy? You believe Jesus, or Yeshua, or whatever you call him is the messiah, like this guy, right?
http://youtu.be/jdZP0UPoFVo

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#3724 Jan 17, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Nazareth didn't exist at the Jesus was supposed to have lived, and there are no degrees of uniqueness.(IOW, you can't be the "most unique", you are either unique or you aren't.)

Langoliers wrote, "
“It is evidence of His importance, of the effect that He has had upon history and presumably, of the baffling mystery of His being that no other life ever lived on this planet has evoked so huge a volume of literature among so many people and languages, and that, far from ebbing, the flood continues to mount.”
“As the centuries pass by, the evidence is accumulating that measured by its effect on history, Jesus is the most influential life ever lived on this planet. The influence appears to be mounting.”
“I find the name of Jesus Christ written on the top of every page of modern history.”"
"
Ya right! And the moon is made out of cheese.

Nazareth
Until a few years ago, the only archaeological evidence for Nazareth amounted to little more than the remains of a winepress, a few tombs and a few artefacts. However in December 2009, the Israel Antiquities Authority issued a press release announcing that a house in Nazareth (see photo above) had now been excavated and had been found to contain artefacts from the “early Roman period”(first and second centuries). The archaeologists also found a pit hewn out of stone with a concealed entrance, which they believe was constructed as protection during the Jewish revolt of 67 CE.

This was seen by the Authority and others (The Guardian and the Huffington Post) as conclusive evidence that Nazareth did indeed exist in the first century. Based on the number of tombs found previously, they conclude that it was a small hamlet of about 50 houses.

Those who believe Nazareth didn’t exist have adjusted to this evidence, and tend to denigrate it as “sensationalist”(Nazareth: the town that theology built), or argue that the evidence doesn’t relate to the exact period of Jesus’ life, but several decades later (nazarethmyth.info). Nevertheless, scholars, who generally didn’t doubt that Nazareth existed as a small village, have been reinforced in their conclusions.
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#3725 Jan 17, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"H. G. Wells, British writer, 1866-1946
When asked which person left the most permanent impression on history, he replied that judging a person’s greatness by historical standards:
“I am a historian, I am not a believer, but I must confess as a historian that this penniless preacher from Nazareth is irrevocably the very center of history. Jesus Christ is easily the most dominant figure in all history.”
“Christ is the most unique person of history. No man can write a history of the human race without giving first and foremost place to the penniless teacher of Nazareth.”
Kenneth Scott Latourette, former President of American Historic Society
LOLLL--HG Wells was a fiction writer!!!
Cite a single contemporaneous account of Jesus's existence in any Roman, Egyptian, Hittite, Greek or Persian record!! There are none. Everything written about the fictional character you call Jesus was written long after he supposedly lived and Jesus.
You provide some bogus bullsht link to support your claims. Everyone knows that one of the key works on that cite is a forgery!!!

"The father of Christianity appears to be Paul and the father of the history of the Christian Church appears to be Eusebius. Both never knew or walked with Jesus &#8213; according the Christian scriptures, but primarily because there was no real Jesus. The Jesus man-god character is simply fictitious. Yet, Christians today believe everything these two men &#8213; Paul and Eusebius &#8213;want them to believe. Christians believe every word they read and hear to be the words from God &#8213; their Invisible Friend in the Sky!'

"Dr. Robert L. Wilken, first Protestant scholar to be admitted to the staff of Fordham University recently wrote:

"Eusebius wrote a history of Christianity in which there is no real history. Eusebius was the first thoroughly dishonest and unfair historian in ancient times".(The Myth of Christian Beginnings, History's Impact on Belief, Chapter III: The Bishop's Maiden: History Without History, p73, p57)

Another scholar, Joseph Wheless charged that Eusebius was one of the most prolific forgers and liars of his age in the church, and a great romancer; in his hair-raising histories of the holy Martyrs, he assures us "that on some occasions the bodies of the martyrs who had been devoured by wild beasts, upon the beasts being strangled, were found alive in their stomachs, even after having been fully digested"!(FORGERY IN CHRISTIANITY: A Documented Record of the Foundations of the Christian Religion, 1930; quoted Gibbon, History, Ch. 37; Lardner, iv, p. 91; Diegesis, p. 272)"

http://jdstone.org/cr/files/fathereusebiusfor...
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#3726 Jan 17, 2013
"'Testimonium Flavianum'- The infamous 'passing reference' to Jesus Christ supposedly written by the 1st century Jewish historian Josephus (he adopted the family name of the imperial house).

We know in graphic detail the course of the first Jewish War because remarkably the history recorded by Josephus somehow survived. Whereas whole libraries of antiquity were torched by the Christians, curiously, this testimony of a Jew made it through the centuries. A subsequent work by Josephus, The Antiquity of the Jews, which iterated and extended his story of the 'chosen people' also survived.

The survival of these two overlapping works was no coincidence because they rather too well 'confirm' from a 'non-Christian source' the existence of the godman.

In short, sometime in the 4th century, while most else of ancient scholarship was being thrown into bonfires, a Christian scribe probably Eusebius, Bishop of Caesarea'rescued' the histories of Josephus and 'doctored' them to provide convenient 'proof' that Christ had been flesh-and-blood and was neither a fiction (as pagan critics maintained) nor solely a spiritual being, as gnostics reasoned.(See full discussion: The authentic pen of lying Christian scribes!)"

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#3727 Jan 17, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
First you know very little of what I believe, I don't go to " a church".
Second no one has even come close to beating me. I have yet to see any one present any facts to support the myth (lie) of evolution. I agree that your high priest "deluded" dawkins once said "we must teach the theory of evolution as if it were fact, to children as young as possible". That goes well with his job if high priest.
I am yet to read any scientific papers published by any of you presenting your 100% irrefutable factual evidence. Until then if you think you have won then you are as deluded as "deluded" dawkins.
An excellent example of Pidgeon Chess.
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#3728 Jan 17, 2013
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE FICTION THAT IS JESUS CHRIST AND THE BIBLE, A WORK OF FICTION http://www.truthbeknown.com/christ.htm

for a full explanation on the Josephus forgery http://www.truthbeknown.com/josephus.htm
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#3729 Jan 17, 2013
THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT JESUS WAS A HISTORICAL FIGURE AND LOTS OF EVIDENCE TO SUGGEST HE WAS A PURELY FICTIONAL CHARACTER!!

"Higher Criticism by Christian Authorities

The many reasons for concluding the Josephus passage to be a forgery have been expounded upon by numerous well-respected authorities, so much so that such individuals have been compelled by honesty and integrity to dismiss the Testimonium in toto as a forgery. In The Christ, John Remsburg relates the opinions of critics of the TF from the past couple of centuries, the majority of whom were Christian authorities, including and especially Dr. Lardner, who said:

"A testimony so favorable to Jesus in the works of Josephus, who lived so soon after our Savior, who was so well acquainted with the transactions of his own country, who had received so many favors from Vespasian and Titus, would not be overlooked or neglected by any Christian apologist (Lardner's Works, vol. I, chap. iv)."

Yet, the TF was overlooked and neglected by early Christian writers. In other words, they never cited it because it didn't exist."
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#3730 Jan 17, 2013
A COMMITTED CHRISTIAN MAKES THE ARGUMENT FOR JESUS CHRIST'S EXISTENCE, AND IT AINT EXACTLY 100% CERTAIN DESPITE THE WRITER BEING A TRUE BELIEVER IN CHRIST!!!

http://www.davnet.org/kevin/articles/jesus_ex...

In reading this piece written by a Christian true believer, you get the great leap of faith that Jesus was a historical figure. To objective, honest neutral folks, it is very short on any evidence that a Jesus Christ ever existed in history. He is a fictional character.

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#3731 Jan 17, 2013
And why should anyone care what a writer of fictional stories say? Where is the evidence that he existed. You can pull 1000 quotes from people who believe he existed who have wonderful degrees or are famous but all that is doing is presenting the argument from authority fallacy.

Cough up the proof for your retarded Christ or lose.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"H. G. Wells, British writer,
“I am a historian, I am not a believer, but I must confess as a historian that this penniless preacher from Nazareth.

Chicago, IL

#3732 Jan 17, 2013
Hey retard! Explain how Josephus and every other major historian at the time missed the Nazareth settlement? It was the job of Josephus to map out and document the entire region from major cities to small tent settlements. The bible mentions Nazareth having a temple so it couldn't have been that small. Regardless how did Josephus and every other 1st century historian miss it?

Did your retarded god put a spell on the city of Nazareth making it invisible to tax collectors? And we all know Caesar loved his taxes! I doubt he would have let an entire fcking city go!

Must have been because the earliest artifacts and documentation of the settlement comes well into the 2nd century.

Either your retarded god hid the city from everyone or the city didn't exist until well into the 2nd century.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya right! And the moon is made out of cheese.
Nazareth
Until a few years ago, the only archaeological evidence for Nazareth amounted to little more than the remains of a winepress, a few tombs and a few artefacts. However in December 2009, the Israel Antiquities Authority issued a press release announcing that a house in Nazareth (see photo above) had now been excavated and had been found to contain artefacts from the “early Roman period”(first and second centuries). The archaeologists also found a pit hewn out of stone with a concealed entrance, which they believe was constructed as protection during the Jewish revolt of 67 CE.
This was seen by the Authority and others (The Guardian and the Huffington Post) as conclusive evidence that Nazareth did indeed exist in the first century. Based on the number of tombs found previously, they conclude that it was a small hamlet of about 50 houses.
Those who believe Nazareth didn’t exist have adjusted to this evidence, and tend to denigrate it as “sensationalist”(Nazareth: the town that theology built), or argue that the evidence doesn’t relate to the exact period of Jesus’ life, but several decades later (nazarethmyth.info). Nevertheless, scholars, who generally didn’t doubt that Nazareth existed as a small village, have been reinforced in their conclusions.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#3734 Jan 17, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
We applaud him for reporting you....I am reporting you too;0) You'll get booted off of here yet!
ta ta ;0)
So you also are in the gang of "Topics Bullies and Strong Arm brotehrhood"?

I could guess from your posts, now you confirmed!!

People who would not be able to discuss and debate any matter and would chose to complain and throw tantrum "Mama, Mama, this boy is teasing me, please do something about him"!!

Sicko!!

Chicago, IL

#3733 Jan 17, 2013
And before someone embarrasses themselves by regurgitating that other historical figures don't have a wealth of evidence allow me to remind you that the only historical proof we have for Jesus is from Christians just like the only historical evidence we have for Mithra is worshippers of Mithra. Now at the time Jesus was said to exist we had dozens of well established and published historians walking the earth and writing at the time Jesus was said to exist.

Now just forgetting about the magic tricks of Jesus, if someone had turned over tables brandishing a 9 tail whip, faced a trial with Pilate and king Harod, walked around with this supposed huge crowd of followers one who attacked a roman soldier cutting off his ear! All of these actions would have made waves. Even one of these would have made the writings of several of the historians of the time because this would have certainly been noteworthy. At the same time as Jesus was said to walk the earth we have accounts of other cults and messiah figures who had a following. Even small time Egyptian magic men with a small crowd made the records.

Yet not a word for this Jesus of (a city that won't exist for over 100 years) Nazareth? Sorry that time period was far to well documented especially with messiah figures gathering interest for him to have been missed.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#3735 Jan 17, 2013
Ed Sed wrote:
Name one.

And the media don't call them "nerds".(That would be a promotion for creationists :-) People who reject the overwhelming scientific evidence of Evolution are referred to as Creationists.

Nerds are a US concept that is used for seemingly socially inept people who have scientific ability..
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/nerd

Of course creationists are motivated by religion, whether they have a scientific, academic or professional qualification or not.

Otherwise one would simply examine the evidence and accept there is no proof,(scientific or otherwise) of any kind of god(s) while species have clearly evolved over time according to their environment.

Abrahamic god(s) are an obvious myth.

Religion = superstition
Theology = mythology
Ans.

Well I have seen people on these threads calling these people with as many names as they wish. I could count at least 50 Bestowed by the writers on these threads itself.

You can say that it is Assumed by the evolutionists that species evolve from one to another over a period of time. There is no evidence if it really happens and what are the factors that prompt one specie to evolve from one to other.

There is not a single case of millions of species that prove the entire evolution path.

Evolution occurs or not, is immaterial, what is material as to Is it happening without any plan, without any design and without any purpose?

These are important Questions which these evolutionists would like to sweep under the carpet.

We know that nothing creates itself and nothing can be created by chance.

So there is very strong case for a Very Powerful and Knowledgeable Force behind it, it is elf evident. The people who Only believe in evolution close their eyes to this question.

And there is no Abrahamic God, or Mosaic God or Jesuit God. God is one and the same.

Evolution = illusion
Materialism= escape from reality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 8 min Carchar king 710
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 20 min Mikko 1,017
Heaven 54 min Mr Duplicity 5
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Dave Nelson 228,589
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Eman 22,923
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 2 hr Jaimie 154
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 2 hr Thinking 8

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE