Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
3,501 - 3,520 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
He believes he is smarter than 500 Rabbi's. Even within his own cult, I bet he is a laughing stock.
I wonder why he's so coy about his cult.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no need to defend what I know is 100% factual, and that is they YHVH God of Israel created everything. I have laid down a challenge are you going to accept it or not. Be honest if you can.
Your challenge was answered 160 years ago. You have no facts to speak of and no support for your silly creationism. Hence, your challenge is just a house of cards - no substance whatsoever.

And that's why you're incapable of laying down any kind of theoretical framework for creationism. Because it doesn't have one and is utterly worthless at explaining biological phenomena.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Your challenge was answered 160 years ago. You have no facts to speak of and no support for your silly creationism. Hence, your challenge is just a house of cards - no substance whatsoever.
And that's why you're incapable of laying down any kind of theoretical framework for creationism. Because it doesn't have one and is utterly worthless at explaining biological phenomena.
I quit posting to this handwaving fuckwit about 100 pages ago. I think it's about time to give this simpleton the troll treatment from everyone.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Name me just one real scientist who make the claim that the myth (lie) of evolution is 100% indisputable fact. Just one please.
Every single biological scientist acknowledges that evolution is, in layman's terms, fact. Not a single biological paper in any academic journal in the past 50 years has been published that attempts to invoke creationism.

Note - in layman's terms. You have repeatedly demonstrated an inability to comprehend the language of science, so I'm using ordinary language.

Now, to name a few (it would be impossible for me to list every biological scientist): S J Gould, Ernst Mayer, W. D. Haldane, Trivers, Farmer, etc., etc.

Now try to find a single research paper invoking creationism in an academic biological journal. Just one.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I skimmed through his list and I saw only one geologist.
I can see him now in his class discussing the age of the Earth with his students.
"Is the earth only 6000 years old?" asks one of the students.
"The opinion is divided" says the professor.
"All the other geologists say it's older - I say it isn't"
(borrowed from BlackAdder)
Oh yeah, I think there was only one paleontologist in that list as well.
hahaha!

You can bet they don't conduct research in geology or paleontology. They probably work in the oil field - Buck Crick actually claimed Dembski was a scientist because he worked as a geophysicist in the oil business! hahahaha!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
I quit posting to this handwaving fuckwit about 100 pages ago. I think it's about time to give this simpleton the troll treatment from everyone.
Totally. He's hilarious!

I'm really just killing time... my nice computer is in the shop and I've got this crappy little netbook that I don't really want to do too much work on. Oh, well.

Hello Mad! I miss you lots and lots!

Alright, goodbye Topix!

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally. He's hilarious!
I'm really just killing time... my nice computer is in the shop and I've got this crappy little netbook that I don't really want to do too much work on. Oh, well.
Hello Mad! I miss you lots and lots!
Alright, goodbye Topix!
Goodnight Hiding. Miss you lots too!
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>Scientists alive today* who accept the biblical account of creation
Note: Individuals on this list must possess a doctorate in a science-related field.
•Dr Paul Ackerman, Psychologist
•Dr E. Theo Agard, Medical Physics
•Dr James Allan, Geneticist
•Dr Steve Austin, Geologist
•Dr S.E. Aw, Biochemist
•Dr Thomas Barnes, Physicist
•Dr Geoff Barnard, Immunologist
•Dr Don Batten, Plant physiologist, tropical fruit expert
•Dr John Baumgardner, Electrical Engineering, Space Physicist, Geophysicist, expert in supercomputer modeling of plate tectonics
•Dr Jerry Bergman, Psychologist
•Dr Kimberly Berrine, Microbiology & Immunology
•Prof. Vladimir Betina, Microbiology, Biochemistry & Biology
•Dr Raymond G. Bohlin, Biologist
•Dr Andrew Bosanquet, Biology, Microbiology
•Edward A. Boudreaux, Theoretical Chemistry
•Dr David R. Boylan, Chemical Engineer
•Prof. Linn E. Carothers, Associate Professor of Statistics
•Dr Robert W. Carter, Zoology (Marine Biology and Genetics)
•Dr David Catchpoole, Plant Physiologist (read his testimony)
•Prof. Sung-Do Cha, Physics
•Dr Eugene F. Chaffin, Professor of Physics
•Dr Choong-Kuk Chang, Genetic Engineering
•Prof. Jeun-Sik Chang, Aeronautical Engineering
•Dr Donald Chittick, Physical Chemist
•Prof. Chung-Il Cho, Biology Education
•Dr John M. Cimbala, Mechanical Engineering
•Dr Harold Coffin, Palaeontologist
•Dr Bob Compton, DVM
•Dr Ken Cumming, Biologist
•Dr Jack W. Cuozzo, Dentist
•Dr William M. Curtis III, Th.D., Th.M., M.S., Aeronautics & Nuclear Physics
•Dr Malcolm Cutchins, Aerospace Engineering
•Dr Lionel Dahmer, Analytical Chemist
•Dr Raymond V. Damadian, M.D., Pioneer of magnetic resonance imaging
•Dr Chris Darnbrough, Biochemist
•Dr Nancy M. Darrall, Botany
•Dr Bryan Dawson, Mathematics
•Dr Douglas Dean, Biological Chemistry
•Prof. Stephen W. Deckard, Assistant Professor of Education
•Dr David A. DeWitt, Biology, Biochemistry, Neuroscience
•Dr Don DeYoung, Astronomy, atmospheric physics, M.Div
•Dr Geoff Downes, Creationist Plant Physiologist
•Dr Ted Driggers, Operations research
•Robert H. Eckel, Medical Research
to be continued
A list of nobodies with mechanical engineers, mathematicians and astronomers included, signifying nothing. WHERE ARE THE JOURNALS THEY PUBLISHED IN AND THE LIST OF ARTICLES THEY PUBLISHED, AS PER MY ORIGINAL POST:

"NAME THE SCIENTISTS AND JOURNALS WHERE THEY HAVE PUBLISHED"?????

Take your Dr Geoff Downes for example. He is an expert in wood quality for saw mill operations. What does he know about the theory of evolution and what articles has he published in peer reviewed journals on the subject of the theory of evolution? Present the articles on this topic he has published in peer reviewed science journals of pubmed quality!!!! LOLLLLLL

LOLLLLL

COLIN-THE-Denier throws out a meaningless list of names without the journal article citations!!!
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
Ok now it's your turn, take up my challenge and post you 100% irrefutable evidence for the myth (lie) of evolution
POSTING A LIST OF NAMES IS NOT 100% PROOF OF ANYTHING. Where are the articles in the peer-reviewed journals like I asked you, you scumbag!!!

In those long lists, there must be more than a few published articles by these clowns in peer-reviewed journals that provide proof of their rejection of the theory of evolution. Cite those articles!!! I think you are a liar and know you are a liar and a fraud!!! The Lord They God will despatch you to Hell and Damnation for your arrogance, pride and lies, you fraud!!!!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>Scientists alive today* who accept the biblical account of creation
Note: Individuals on this list must possess a doctorate in a science-related field.
If they accept "verbatim" the Biblical description of Creation, then they are neither Doctors, Nor Scientists, they are just Bible Thumpers!!

Each of them must provide "some apology for the way and words used in the book of Genesis"!!

It seems to me that you are "over zealous" in your views!!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Muq you have been warned about posting these insane walls of text again and again. Here is what you need to do to avoid being reported for mass deletion of all your posts.
Leave a brief summary of your spam and then post a link to the website where you are getting your of topic spam.
Also you need to start participating in the conversation by actually answering a question every once in a while like when will Muslim mutilation of female genitals end, why do you believe in a holy she-camel, and do you think Muslim suicide bombers go to heaven?
If you do not cease the obnoxious walls of text spam you leave us no choice but to report you.
<quoted text>
And I war you, you seem to be acting "like a Bully and strong arm man" on this thread.

Who gave you "Authority" to speak like that?

is it YOUR thread, do you own it, do you monitor it?

Do whatever you like, it is a public thread and I post my views in civil words.

if that is what you will report to me for, go ahead.

I wonder there are so many people on this thread and no one speaks to this "Bully"?

Why every one acts like dumb and moot?

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
The above response clearly shows you crazier than a June Bug.
You're far too kind to the little guy......

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

wrongrighter_wins wrote:
<quoted text>
God says in the bible the result of sin is death.
thats just HIS plan.
you can't stop the world and get off.
you are a part of His creation.
so the only way to put it in laymens terms,
its His way, or hells way.
you choose.
I don't accept your limitation of the available options. I'll do it my way and you can't scare me off by threatening me with the big bad bogeyman under the bed;0)
Those tactics are for children, oh wait...you're a theist, I'm repeating myself;0)

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

http://www.npr.org/2012/04/01/149462376/did-j...

So, did Jesus really exist? With his new book, Did Jesus Exist? The Historical Argument for Jesus of Nazareth, Bart Ehrman, historian and professor of religious studies at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, wanted to provide solid historical evidence for the existence of Jesus.

"I wanted to approach this question as an historian to see whether that's right or not," Ehrman tells weekends on All Things Considered host Guy Raz.

The answer is straightforward and widely accepted among scholars of all faiths, but Ehrman says there is a large contingent of people claiming that Jesus never did exist. These people are also known as mythicists.

"It was a surprise to me to see how influential these mythicists are," Ehrman says. "Historically, they've been significant and in the Soviet Union, in fact, the mythicist view was the dominant view, and even today, in some parts of the West – in parts of Scandinavia — it is a dominant view that Jesus never existed," he says.

Mythicists' arguments are fairly plausible, Ehrman says. According to them, Jesus was never mentioned in any Roman sources and there is no archeological evidence that Jesus ever existed. Even Christian sources are problematic – the Gospels come long after Jesus' death, written by people who never saw the man.

"Most importantly," he explains, "these mythicists point out that there are Pagan gods who were said to die and rise again and so the idea is that Jesus was made up as a Jewish god who died and rose again."

In his book, Ehrman marshals all of the evidence proving the existence of Jesus, including the writings of the apostle Paul.
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You might find this site interesting.
http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/
I used to think that Jesus was a fictional character based on a real person, sort of like Santa is based on St. Nicholas. But this site makes me wonder if Jesus is totally made up.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And I war you, you seem to be acting "like a Bully and strong arm man" on this thread.
Who gave you "Authority" to speak like that?
is it YOUR thread, do you own it, do you monitor it?
Do whatever you like, it is a public thread and I post my views in civil words.
if that is what you will report to me for, go ahead.
I wonder there are so many people on this thread and no one speaks to this "Bully"?
Why every one acts like dumb and moot?
We applaud him for reporting you....I am reporting you too;0) You'll get booted off of here yet!

ta ta ;0)
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
http://www.npr.org/2012/04/01/ 149462376/did-jesus-exist-a-hi storian-makes-his-case
So, did Jesus really exist? With his new book, Did Jesus Exist? The Historical Argument for Jesus of Nazareth, Bart Ehrman, historian and professor of religious studies at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, wanted to provide solid historical evidence for the existence of Jesus.
"I wanted to approach this question as an historian to see whether that's right or not," Ehrman tells weekends on All Things Considered host Guy Raz.
The answer is straightforward and widely accepted among scholars of all faiths, but Ehrman says there is a large contingent of people claiming that Jesus never did exist. These people are also known as mythicists.
"It was a surprise to me to see how influential these mythicists are," Ehrman says. "Historically, they've been significant and in the Soviet Union, in fact, the mythicist view was the dominant view, and even today, in some parts of the West – in parts of Scandinavia — it is a dominant view that Jesus never existed," he says.
Mythicists' arguments are fairly plausible, Ehrman says. According to them, Jesus was never mentioned in any Roman sources and there is no archeological evidence that Jesus ever existed. Even Christian sources are problematic – the Gospels come long after Jesus' death, written by people who never saw the man.
"Most importantly," he explains, "these mythicists point out that there are Pagan gods who were said to die and rise again and so the idea is that Jesus was made up as a Jewish god who died and rose again."
In his book, Ehrman marshals all of the evidence proving the existence of Jesus, including the writings of the apostle Paul.
<quoted text>
SO, THERE IS NO PROOF JESUS EXISTED, CERTAINLY NOWHERE CLOSE TO 100%!!!

Poor Colin-the-bowel-movement is out of luck!!! The same 100% proof standard he demands of science cannot be sustained for his claims for the fairy tale deity he thinks is the hidden hand behind all wars, pestilence, diarrhea, birth, life and death!!!

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you fail to address my challenge now that is pitiful.
You haven't made a "challenge", you've made a joke. And you're too scientifically illiterate to understand how absurd you look.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If they accept "verbatim" the Biblical description of Creation, then they are neither Doctors, Nor Scientists, they are just Bible Thumpers!!
Each of them must provide "some apology for the way and words used in the book of Genesis"!!
It seems to me that you are "over zealous" in your views!!
In your dreams lost boy,

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>
SO, THERE IS NO PROOF JESUS EXISTED, CERTAINLY NOWHERE CLOSE TO 100%!!!
Poor Colin-the-bowel-movement is out of luck!!! The same 100% proof standard he demands of science cannot be sustained for his claims for the fairy tale deity he thinks is the hidden hand behind all wars, pestilence, diarrhea, birth, life and death!!!
You are two things 1) disgusting 2) totally ignorant.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't made a "challenge", you've made a joke..
I am glad you thik the myth (lie) of evolution is a joke we agree on that point.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min KiMare 226,169
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 31 min Jaimie 36
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr fadu singh 21,492
Richard Dawkins in a nutshell 3 hr religionislies 25
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 3 hr religionislies 8
100% Faith Free 7 hr religionislies 7
Our world came from nothing? 10 hr NightSerf 395
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••