Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14656 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#3614 Jan 16, 2013
Aliroger1 wrote:
WHAT PROOF IS THERE THAT THE BIBLE IS HISTORIOGRAPHICAL?
If the standard is 100% certainty, then no one could possibly accept the sparse evidence of the historicity of the bible. On the contrary, there is ample information that points to the bible being a work of fiction, which is largely plagiarized and all of the main characters are fictional and never existed as historical persons!!!
So true. And much of it is clearly absurd. It says there was night and day, and plants growing before there was a sun.

Santa Monica, CA

#3615 Jan 16, 2013
Aliroger1 wrote:
I am still waiting for 100% proof that Jesus existed and that the historicity of the bible!!!
You might find this site interesting.
http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/

I used to think that Jesus was a fictional character based on a real person, sort of like Santa is based on St. Nicholas. But this site makes me wonder if Jesus is totally made up.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#3616 Jan 16, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure there's no Nobel prize in Colin's future.
Lol

Now that's as accurate a prophecy as you're ever likely to see.

Santa Monica, CA

#3617 Jan 16, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
Once again the non-knowing myth (lie) of evolution followers divert. No one is willing to take up my challenge nor name just one real scientist who claims that evolution is 10% unequivocal fact.
Your challenge is meaningless.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#3618 Jan 16, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You might find this site interesting.
http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/
I used to think that Jesus was a fictional character based on a real person, sort of like Santa is based on St. Nicholas. But this site makes me wonder if Jesus is totally made up.
That would be my bet. Paul/Saul was the first to write about this Jesus character. Prior to that, there were only oral traditions. Paul/Saul never met this Christ character but wrote as though he knew his thoughts. At the time, to be a religious authority was tantamount to being a ruler, there was great power and riches to be gained by being a religious authority. Also, none of the actual authors of the bible knew the Jesus character personally, but the odds are good many knew Paul/Saul.

http://www.deusdiapente.net/science/gospels.p...

“Jeezuz in the Potty”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#3619 Jan 16, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
Once again the non-knowing myth (lie) of evolution followers divert. No one is willing to take up my challenge nor name just one real scientist who claims that evolution is 10% unequivocal fact.
It seems as far as this particular argument is concerned there are only two alternatives to the question of existence. Is it god or is it evolution?

We have to make one step back and first prove the existence of a god who was the creator.

This has not been done.

If we have no god, we can't have a creator.

Who will step up to the plate and show us conclusive evidence for a god? Once we have this settled we can move on to the easy part which is who the creator was.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#3620 Jan 16, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>]
Clearly, you aren't familiar with the fraud that is the list you took that from. Most of those individuals have nothing to do with biological science and those who do, work in the proximate, not the ultimate, analysis of biological phenomena and so may not know a lot about evolutionary theory.
Second, most of those people were put on there without their consent.
Third, the number of scientists whose first name is Stephen and who fully accept evolutionary theory outnumbers that feeble list by a factor of 100.
Fourth, science is decided by consensus of the informed. Let's ignore that most of your list is incapable of discussing evolution for a moment - it is soooooo miniscule, given the number of active scientists working in evolution-related fields as to be insignificant.
When we subtract the PhD holders from your list and those who do not work in biological science, and we only keep the practicing research scientists in biological science...you're left with almost no one and no one of note.
So...another lie from your masters. It's great that you believe this stuff, though. Provides me with no end of amusement. Thanks :)
I skimmed through his list and I saw only one geologist.

I can see him now in his class discussing the age of the Earth with his students.

"Is the earth only 6000 years old?" asks one of the students.

"The opinion is divided" says the professor.

"All the other geologists say it's older - I say it isn't"

(borrowed from BlackAdder)

Oh yeah, I think there was only one paleontologist in that list as well.

“Jeezuz in the Potty”

Location hidden

#3621 Jan 16, 2013
Colon the Zionist also insists that it's his god Yahweh (or whatever) that creates stuff, so I guess that leaves all the other gods out of the question entirely.

Now can someone tell me why this Colon nut-job's god is more valid than any other religious nut-job's god?

Just curious.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#3622 Jan 16, 2013
Once again the non-knowing myth (lie) of evolution followers divert. No one is willing to take up my challenge nor name just one real scientist who claims that evolution is 100% unequivocal fact.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#3623 Jan 16, 2013
All those loud booms we've been hearing across the country is a sign that somthing big is coming real soon!

So you non-belivers better laugh it up while you still can.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#3624 Jan 16, 2013
You don't represent a challenge, Yigsl.
Just something to pity.
Colin The Zionist wrote:
Once again the non-knowing myth (lie) of evolution followers divert. No one is willing to take up my challenge nor name just one real scientist who claims that evolution is 100% unequivocal fact.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#3625 Jan 16, 2013
Yigal Amir (Colin's real name) prefers to listen to people with a Degree in MadeUpology from the University of HisHouse.
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I skimmed through his list and I saw only one geologist.
I can see him now in his class discussing the age of the Earth with his students.
"Is the earth only 6000 years old?" asks one of the students.
"The opinion is divided" says the professor.
"All the other geologists say it's older - I say it isn't"
(borrowed from BlackAdder)
Oh yeah, I think there was only one paleontologist in that list as well.

“Jeezuz in the Potty”

Location hidden

#3626 Jan 16, 2013
Colon The Zionist wrote:
No one is willing to take up my challenge nor name just one real scientist who claims that evolution is 100% unequivocal fact.
OK, on behalf of the others, we must concede that a real scientist will leave the door open, just a crack for new information to appear. The consensus however, among the vast majority of scientists that evolution is a far better concept than creation.

For creation to be a viable alternative we must have a creator. Please show us the evidence for this creator so we may disprove evolution. The creator has gotta be an easy one....so lets have it and get on with this.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#3627 Jan 16, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Yigal Amir (Colin's real name) prefers to listen to people with a Degree in MadeUpology from the University of HisHouse.
<quoted text>
That would be a BS degree of the highest order.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#3628 Jan 16, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be a BS degree of the highest order.
Or

MS= More of the Same

PhD= Piled higher and Deeper

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#3629 Jan 16, 2013
OH, this is so funny ( Ha ha ha ha, snigger snigger), you lot are so pathetic, you cant even find one real scientist who will back evolution what a croc.

When you actually have some facts to back up your claims that evolution is "fact" then post it, find me that one illusive scientist who will make your claims real. JUST ONE will do. HA HA HA HA.

You mock and try to discredit but fail at every turn you lot cant even put together one real scientist who claims evolution is fact.

“Jeezuz in the Potty”

Location hidden

#3630 Jan 16, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
OH, this is so funny ( Ha ha ha ha, snigger snigger), you lot are so pathetic, you cant even find one real scientist who will back evolution what a croc.
When you actually have some facts to back up your claims that evolution is "fact" then post it, find me that one illusive scientist who will make your claims real. JUST ONE will do. HA HA HA HA.
You mock and try to discredit but fail at every turn you lot cant even put together one real scientist who claims evolution is fact.
Face it, pissant, you lost the argument.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#3631 Jan 16, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
I can find tens of thousands of Christian Clergy who back evolution. How would that do for you?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3632 Jan 16, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
Here are 1,238 just named Steve.

http://ncse.com/taking-action/list-steves

“Jeezuz in the Potty”

Location hidden

#3633 Jan 16, 2013
Colon The Zionist wrote:
How about this guy, about 1.00 and listen to his claim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists and the "Moses Syndrome" 32 min Shizle 4
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 49 min DanFromSmithville 20,532
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 59 min Gary Coaldigger 10,707
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Anon 244,781
Santa vs. God: logic? 8 hr Shizle 2
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes 12 hr Shizle 11
Is the Christian god good? 12 hr Shizle 4
More from around the web