Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14735 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#3473 Jan 14, 2013
So no one has enough confidence in their myth (lie) to take it up. I am still waiting. No more divereting just take up the challange. If not admit that evolution is a myth (lie) by not taking up the challange that is what you arwe doing.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#3474 Jan 14, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
In the 20th century atheist Joseph Stalin killed 20 million.
Recent indication of atheists in power.
Atheist Hitler killed another 15 to 20 Million.
Atheist Mao killed 60 million.
Atheist Pol Pot 30% of the population of Cambodia.
Mass. seems quiet recently :-)
Let's say for the sake of argument they were all atheists. Since they didn't kill in the name of atheism, what difference does it make?
sickofit

Hayfield, MN

#3475 Jan 14, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
People choose to turn their backs on Him Which gives Him no choice
Buybull says god is like heavenly father..Well I am a father and no matter what me children would do I would never cast them aside or into lake of fire......GUESS I AM WAY WAY WAY BETTER FATHER THEN YOUR HATE FILLED GOD...
sickofit

Hayfield, MN

#3476 Jan 14, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
So no one has enough confidence in their myth (lie) to take it up. I am still waiting. No more divereting just take up the challange. If not admit that evolution is a myth (lie) by not taking up the challange that is what you arwe doing.
I did SMASH your crap..........read my posts above....SIMPLE EVEN FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND....

Santa Monica, CA

#3477 Jan 14, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time I held a fossil in my hand it proved one thing, something died.
The fact you believe that shows how ignorant you are.
Colin The Zionist wrote:
Now if you can prove the myth (lie) of evolution as fact with dead stuff please be so kind as to take up my challenge I am looking forward to reading your published paper
But your "challenge" is stupid, and doesn't prove squat, other than the fact you are an ignorant fundie.

Santa Monica, CA

#3478 Jan 14, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
People choose to turn their backs on Him Which gives Him no choice
That would make people more powerful than god.

Santa Monica, CA

#3479 Jan 14, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
Your challenge is meaningless. Fundies often set up false dichotomies when they argue. "Pascal's Wager" is a classic example. Your "challenge" is a false dichotomy. It presents only two possibilities, when in reality, there are many. Here are the two possibilities you present.
1. We can prove evolution 100% here on Topix.
2. Evolution is a lie.
sickofit

Hayfield, MN

#3480 Jan 14, 2013
Colin....I answered your challenge and DEFEATED YOU WITH EASE......Now challenge for you...POST ONE THING THAT PROVES YOUR GOD AND THE BUYBULL ARE FACT AND TRUTH......JUST ONE ONLY ONE.?????????

Come on,...
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#3481 Jan 14, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>

Ok so the above is a sample of the posts over the past day that have made the claim that evolution is fact:

1. Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: an account based on fact; a blur of fact and fancy.
a. Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed: Genetic engineering is now a fact. That Chaucer was a real person is an undisputed fact.
b. A real occurrence; an event: had to prove the facts of the case.
c. Something believed to be true or real: a document laced with mistaken facts.
3. A thing that has been done, especially a crime: an accessory before the fact.
4. Law The aspect of a case at law comprising events determined by evidence: The jury made a finding of fact.
So that is the definition of a fact I like No2.c the mistaken fact bit, that is just what the myth (lie) of evolution is mistaken.
Anyway next
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/proven
prov•en (pr v n)
v.
A past tense and a past participle of prove.
adj.
Having been demonstrated or verified without doubt: "a Soviet leader of proven shrewdness and prescience" (Joyce Carol Oates). See Usage Note at prove.
And lastly my challenge to you all, but not limited to the above posters, anyone who wished to make a name for themselves in the field of ‘evolutionary’ science (oxymoron)
As previously posted:
We have once again come back to the "evolution is fact" line. Here is the challenge I have been posting here for the past few months. Anyone willing to take it up.
Challenge for the evolutions: post your 100% irrefutable evidence you continually claim to have. Based on the above definitions of words you continue to use
Prove that the myth (lie) of evolution is not a myth (lie).
Write a scientific paper get it published in a reputable scientific journal (not some off to the side blog page) proving evolution to be 100% factual.
So there you have it, in a nutshell I am looking forward to reading your published scientific papers.
It would be good if you could indicate if you will be taking up the challenge or not.
YOU BEAR FALSE WITNESS AGAINST ME, YOU SERVANT OF SATAN!!

Anyone who reads my post which you quote clearly shows I made no claim that the theory of evolution is a fact!!!

Science, or more correctly stated, the scientific method, is a mode of inquiry, not a body of knowledge. Science does not seek to create a static body of knowledge, but instead seeks to apply a method of inquiry using empiricism, statistical methods of research design, and assesses findings using the methods of statistics.
Modern science requires ethical practice, honesty, and objectivity--objectivity is a form of ethics and honesty.
The theory of evolution is not a fact. It is a theory, which means that it is the best, most parsimonious explanation that accounts for all the known empirical data from multiple sources, whether fossils from paleoarchaeology, or genetic studies, biochemical and physiological studies, microbiology, physical chemistry, organic and biochemistry, geology and comparative anatomy and embryology. That is, all the data converge on the explanation of the theory of evolution.
If anyone can present contrary or divergent data, then the theory of evolution will need to be adjusted, or refuted and rejected. If you have evidence, present it.
Science is a self-correcting method of inquiry. Science requires one take a skeptical approach to hypotheses and theories. The use of the term theory is to emphasize the skeptical stance of science, rather than the use of the term law, or fact.
How skeptical and objective are you compared to scientists who study and conclude that the theory of evolution is the best explanation that we currently have?
If you have an alternative SCIENTIFIC explanation, then present it. If you have evidence that contradicts the theory of evolution, present it--scientists would welcome such evidence because it would likely be the stuff of a Nobel prize!!!
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#3482 Jan 14, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>

Ok so the above is a sample of the posts over the past day that have made the claim that evolution is fact:

1. Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: an account based on fact; a blur of fact and fancy.
a. Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed: Genetic engineering is now a fact. That Chaucer was a real person is an undisputed fact.
b. A real occurrence; an event: had to prove the facts of the case.
c. Something believed to be true or real: a document laced with mistaken facts.
3. A thing that has been done, especially a crime: an accessory before the fact.
4. Law The aspect of a case at law comprising events determined by evidence: The jury made a finding of fact.
So that is the definition of a fact I like No2.c the mistaken fact bit, that is just what the myth (lie) of evolution is mistaken.
Anyway next
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/proven
prov•en (pr v n)
v.
A past tense and a past participle of prove.
adj.
Having been demonstrated or verified without doubt: "a Soviet leader of proven shrewdness and prescience" (Joyce Carol Oates). See Usage Note at prove.
And lastly my challenge to you all, but not limited to the above posters, anyone who wished to make a name for themselves in the field of ‘evolutionary’ science (oxymoron)
As previously posted:
We have once again come back to the "evolution is fact" line. Here is the challenge I have been posting here for the past few months. Anyone willing to take it up.
Challenge for the evolutions: post your 100% irrefutable evidence you continually claim to have. Based on the above definitions of words you continue to use
Prove that the myth (lie) of evolution is not a myth (lie).
Write a scientific paper get it published in a reputable scientific journal (not some off to the side blog page) proving evolution to be 100% factual.
So there you have it, in a nutshell I am looking forward to reading your published scientific papers.
YOU BEAR FALSE WITNESS AGAINST ME, YOU SERVANT OF SATAN!!

Anyone who reads my post which you quote clearly shows I made no claim that the theory of evolution is a fact!!!

Science, or more correctly stated, the scientific method, is a mode of inquiry, not a body of knowledge. Science does not seek to create a static body of knowledge, but instead seeks to apply a method of inquiry using empiricism, statistical methods of research design, and assesses findings using the methods of statistics.
Modern science requires ethical practice, honesty, and objectivity--objectivity is a form of ethics and honesty.
The theory of evolution is not a fact. It is a theory, which means that it is the best, most parsimonious explanation that accounts for all the known empirical data from multiple sources, whether fossils from paleoarchaeology, or genetic studies, biochemical and physiological studies, microbiology, physical chemistry, organic and biochemistry, geology and comparative anatomy and embryology. That is, all the data converge on the explanation of the theory of evolution.
If anyone can present contrary or divergent data, then the theory of evolution will need to be adjusted, or refuted and rejected. If you have evidence, present it.
Science is a self-correcting method of inquiry. Science requires one take a skeptical approach to hypotheses and theories. The use of the term theory is to emphasize the skeptical stance of science, rather than the use of the term law, or fact.
How skeptical and objective are you compared to scientists who study and conclude that the theory of evolution is the best explanation that we currently have?
If you have an alternative SCIENTIFIC explanation, then present it. If you have evidence that contradicts the theory of evolution, present it--scientists would welcome such evidence because it would likely be the stuff of a Nobel prize!!!
sickofit

Hayfield, MN

#3483 Jan 14, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your challenge is meaningless. Fundies often set up false dichotomies when they argue. "Pascal's Wager" is a classic example. Your "challenge" is a false dichotomy. It presents only two possibilities, when in reality, there are many. Here are the two possibilities you present.
2. Evolution is a lie.
Christians use the bible to prove creation and creation to prove the bible....INSANE SELF FULLFILLING PROPHECY.....LOL
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#3484 Jan 14, 2013
Wrong, Yigal.

Hell is just marketing bullshit created by men to keep morons in line.
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry mate that is not your choice.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#3485 Jan 14, 2013
An Atheist, surely?

PS Khatru's not a believer.
Brit Expat wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm. I reckon you're already in a religous hell. Grow up, climb out of it and get a life. You really do only get one. You appear to be wasting yours. Try THINKING! That may help. Good luck.
The Atheist.
Lincoln

United States

#3486 Jan 14, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's say for the sake of argument they were all atheists. Since they didn't kill in the name of atheism, what difference does it make?
People mistrust atheists in power.

We elect Christian as Presidents of the US and they add "so help me God."

This seems a Christian country.
Lincoln

United States

#3487 Jan 14, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
2. Evolution is a lie.
Doubt if "Pascal's Wager" would impress God.

Doubt if we prove anything 100% on Topix :-)
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#3488 Jan 14, 2013
Our Veep equivalent Nick Clegg is an Atheist.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
People mistrust atheists in power.
We elect Christian as Presidents of the US and they add "so help me God."
This seems a Christian country.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#3489 Jan 14, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
So you claim that the myth (lie) of evolution is fact. Are you going to take up my challenge with this new found confidence. I am looking forward to reading your published paper.
The papers proving it were published long ago. No new papers are needed to demonstrate the general result. Now, there are many papers dealing with the details and determining whether or not the specifics agree with the standard theory of natural selection.
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#3490 Jan 14, 2013
WHAT PROOF IS THERE THAT THE BIBLE IS HISTORIOGRAPHICAL?

If the standard is 100% certainty, then no one could possibly accept the sparse evidence of the historicity of the bible. On the contrary, there is ample information that points to the bible being a work of fiction, which is largely plagiarized and all of the main characters are fictional and never existed as historical persons!!!

#3491 Jan 14, 2013
sickofit wrote:
Colin....I answered your challenge and DEFEATED YOU WITH EASE......
So whicch scientific journal published you paper please post a link to it so I can read it.

#3492 Jan 14, 2013
There are so many posts claiming to have completed my challenge yet none have anything that proves evolution nor do I see any published papers, now I know that it takes more than a few hours to get a paper published so I can wait. Until I reads them I will wait,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 6 min Eagle 12 - 4,903
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 56 min Subduction Zone 85,563
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Wed ChristineM 4,026
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jan 16 Into The Night 5,146
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Jan 15 Dogen 33,127
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Jan 15 superwilly 111
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Jan 14 emperorjohn 1
More from around the web