Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story
Brit Expat

Montpellier, France

#3453 Jan 14, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I've chosen.
I refuse to go to Hell
Hmmm. I reckon you're already in a religous hell. Grow up, climb out of it and get a life. You really do only get one. You appear to be wasting yours. Try THINKING! That may help. Good luck.

The Atheist.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#3454 Jan 14, 2013
Brit Expat wrote:
Good fun. But the real truth is here:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =gPOfurmrjxoXX
What a croc, that fool does not know anything about YHVH God of Israel,
Brit Expat

Montpellier, France

#3455 Jan 14, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
What a croc, that fool does not know anything about YHVH God of Israel,
You live in a racist dream world. Brainwashed from birth or just plain ignorant. One or the other! Poor bugger!
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#3456 Jan 14, 2013
'LA WEE WEE!'

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#3457 Jan 14, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Ok so the above is a sample of the posts over the past day that have made the claim that evolution is fact:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/fact
fact (f kt)
n.
1. Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: an account based on fact; a blur of fact and fancy.
a. Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed: Genetic engineering is now a fact. That Chaucer was a real person is an undisputed fact.
b. A real occurrence; an event: had to prove the facts of the case.
c. Something believed to be true or real: a document laced with mistaken facts.
3. A thing that has been done, especially a crime: an accessory before the fact.
4. Law The aspect of a case at law comprising events determined by evidence: The jury made a finding of fact.
So that is the definition of a fact I like No2.c the mistaken fact bit, that is just what the myth (lie) of evolution is mistaken.
Anyway next
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/proven
prov•en (pr v n)
v.
A past tense and a past participle of prove.
adj.
Having been demonstrated or verified without doubt: "a Soviet leader of proven shrewdness and prescience" (Joyce Carol Oates). See Usage Note at prove.
And lastly my challenge to you all, but not limited to the above posters, anyone who wished to make a name for themselves in the field of ‘evolutionary’ science (oxymoron)
As previously posted:
We have once again come back to the "evolution is fact" line. Here is the challenge I have been posting here for the past few months. Anyone willing to take it up.
Challenge for the evolutions: post your 100% irrefutable evidence you continually claim to have. Based on the above definitions of words you continue to use
Prove that the myth (lie) of evolution is not a myth (lie).
Write a scientific paper get it published in a reputable scientific journal (not some off to the side blog page) proving evolution to be 100% factual.
So there you have it, in a nutshell I am looking forward to reading your published scientific papers.
It would be good if you could indicate if you will be taking up the challenge or not.
Do you realise that not accepting the Theory of Evolution because it can't be 100% proven also means that you can't accept other scientific theories either?

No scientific theory is 100% proven.

Your definition refers to it being a fact that Genetic Engineering exists. Well, it's also a fact that Evolutionary Biology exists.

You want some papers on that?

http://tamar.tau.ac.il/Genome2Brain2008/blows...

http://www.pagepress.org/journals/index.php/e...

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2148/7/214

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.111... (ISSN)1420-9101

http://www.biomedcentral.com/bmcevolbiol/

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijeb/

Nottingham, UK

#3458 Jan 14, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry mate that is not your choice.
Ah, so your god sends people to Hell?

I told you he was a monster.

Nottingham, UK

#3459 Jan 14, 2013
Brit Expat wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm. I reckon you're already in a religous hell. Grow up, climb out of it and get a life. You really do only get one. You appear to be wasting yours. Try THINKING! That may help. Good luck.
The Atheist.
You think I'm a believer?

Perhaps you visit these boards more often before making dumb accusations.

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

#3460 Jan 14, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I erased all of your I don't knows and your humiliating comment about did the ancient people have powers so as not to overly humiliate you.
It seems from that ocean of I don't knows from you that you are not up to the subject you wish to discuss. Simply put you are very ill prepared. I mean look you want to argue the benefits of the metaphysical vs that of reason, yet you are completely in the dark of the origins of the very metaphysical beliefs you so cherish!
Since you are unable to even properly explain your position you are certainly in no position to even begin to try to explain my or other atheists position.
Yet in your woeful ineptitude you did make one point that is worth mentioning. You confessed that it's likely the ancient people who started the notion of god/s or the so called metaphysical just made it all up. Now let's add the very real second option that they were simply mistaken and at that point we easily hover over 99% that it is inaccurate. But just going by your own statement that they most likely just made it up. That being said it is a myth and why should I or anyone take a myth as anything more than an entertaining myth?
<quoted text>
It seems you manipulated my quote, omitting words and putting 'so' instead. Please heed a friendly warning, you are beginning to approach alarmingly close to dishonesty, step away from it, else the good points in your argument will be all for nought. I was completely honest answering your questions.
It's a wonder I would have any self confidence in myself every time I read your posts. You continue pushing me into a corner I have not been arguing from...
Asking about the origins of the metaphysics is like asking where the idea of evolution came from, so let me ask you - if one doesn't know the origin of an idea does it make it any less truthful? I do not cherish metaphysics, I just like to ask and ponder questions about reality, truth and morality etc.
Your argument that if gods are real why can't we observe them. Allow reason to do the work for you, if you assume god (abrahamic god) then you must assume his supernatural powers, then he can please himself who he wants to see - he may let everyone see him or a select few, so that argument fails by assuming God.
I did say strictly based on my own experience, it is likely they made it up. If you want to assume its all made up is up to you, and if you ask me why you should believe in such myths is not for me to try convince you..
I suggest if you're so passionate in disproving God, stick with areas where Science offers a better explanation to the phenomena around us, assuming God in an argument isn't likely to get anywhere.
Au revoir friend, I shall take my ponderings elsewhere, good luck to you on this cause you're on.
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

#3461 Jan 14, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Ok so the above is a sample of the posts over the past day that have made the claim that evolution is fact:
fact (f kt)
n.
1. Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: an account based on fact; a blur of fact and fancy.
a. Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed: Genetic engineering is now a fact. That Chaucer was a real person is an undisputed fact.
3. A thing that has been done, especially a crime: an accessory before the fact.
4. Law The aspect of a case at law comprising events determined by evidence: The jury made a finding of fact.
So that is the definition of a fact I like No2.c the mistaken fact bit, that is just what the myth (lie) of evolution is mistaken.
Anyway next
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/proven
prov•en (pr v n)
v.
adj.
Having been demonstrated or verified without doubt: "a Soviet leader of proven shrewdness and prescience" (Joyce Carol Oates). See Usage Note at prove.
And lastly my challenge to you all, but not limited to the above posters, anyone who wished to make a name for themselves in the field of ‘evolutionary’ science (oxymoron)
As previously posted:
We have once again come back to the "evolution is fact" line. Here is the challenge I have been posting here for the past few months. Anyone willing to take it up.
Challenge for the evolutions: post your 100% irrefutable evidence you continually claim to have. Based on the above definitions of words you continue to use
Write a scientific paper get it published in a reputable scientific journal (not some off to the side blog page) proving evolution to be 100% factual.
So there you have it, in a nutshell I am looking forward to reading your published scientific papers.
It would be good if you could indicate if you will be taking up the challenge or not.
Please post trhe facts you ahev for your god and the bible being real and true.....

AND GO!!!!!!!!!! WAITING?????????

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#3462 Jan 14, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
...We have once again come back to the "evolution is fact" line. Here is the challenge I have been posting here for the past few months. Anyone willing to take it up. Challenge for the evolutions: post your 100% irrefutable evidence you continually claim to have.....
That life on this planet changes over geological time is an indisputable fact. Scientists refer to this change as evolution. life evolves. Period.

What you are trying to argue is the accuracy of our understanding of the mechanics that drive this biological evolution. This understanding is called the theory of biological evolution.

After over 150 years of research, testing, and independent verification, it would be unreasonable to withhold tacit approval of this theory of biological evolution. There are literally museums full of evidence to support this understanding. One of my personal favorites is the "Muséum national d'Histoire naturelle" in Paris.

But really none of that maters for this conversation.

As I have told you repeatedly, this theory WORKS -- it allows us to make testable, accurate predictions about how biota on this planet actually functions. This is the bottom line of ALL scientific theories - that they make testable predictions.

Until a better theory comes along, we will ... we must use the ONLY theory we have that allows us to make ANY predictions about biology.

You got a better theory? One that allows us to make more accurate testable predictions about biology? Without that, you've got absolutely NOTHING. Well, nothing but a lot of whining like some sniveling little kid.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#3463 Jan 14, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>

fact (f kt)
n.
Wrong. We mean that evolution is a fact in the sense of definition 1. Species have changed over geologic time. That is simply a fact.
prov•en (pr v n)
v.
adj.
Then NOTHING is proven about the real world. There is always a possibility that what we observe is an illusion. But, if you want 'beyond a reasonable doubt', then evolution has been proven.
Challenge for the evolutions: post your 100% irrefutable evidence you continually claim to have.
That is NOT what is claimed. It is claimed that evolution has been proved beyond a reasonable doubt, not that it has been proven beyond *any* doubt. There is no 100% proof of anything about the real world.
Based on the above definitions of words you continue to use
No science journal would take such a paper because it would be a re-hash of old material. In the same way, a paper proving that the earth orbits the sun would not be published in any modern journal.
The challenge as you present it is impossible. And it is not required to proven evolution happens. The *scientific* debate about evolution happened over 100 years ago. That debate dealt with the evidence at the time and conclusively showed (i.e, beyond a reasonable doubt) that species change over time. Nothing in the studies since has done anything to bring doubt to that conclusion.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#3464 Jan 14, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>? I think you know nicer atheists than me :-)
I don't think you help the atheist case to suggest that atheists are wiser or more thoughtful than religionists,(nor vice versa). Wisdom and thought aren't the prerogative of either.
(There is some evidence I have read that atheists, statistically speaking, have the higher average IQ. However, didn't 'some scientific studies' once say that about men and women?)
It is actually true. I have participated in alot of the research.

As for the studies about men being smarter than women....back when most women didn't attend college. Most didn't attend school past 6th grade.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#3465 Jan 14, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
You want me to think of a test that would convince me that I am wrong...... why would I do that.
Because passing such tests is the evidence that you actually have the truth. This is what science does ALL the time: it attempts to find tests that would show the current ideas to be *wrong*. It then actually conducts the tests to see what happens in the real world. Usually, the tests give the results expected by the current ideas. Occasionally, however, they do not. When that happens, the ideas must be changed. A good example is the Michelson-Morley experiment, which showed that the classical ideas about light were wrong.
True faith is faith in the unseen do you have faith in magnetism.
Run on sentence. No, I do not have 'faith' in magnetism. I have confidence in the laws of magnetism that we have discovered by observation and testing. Magnetism, while 'invisible', can still be detected reliably, measured, and understood through observation and testing. Is it possible the laws are mistaken in some details? Yes, of course. But such variances have not been actually detected. Until they are it is reasonable to have confidence in what we have seen so far.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#3466 Jan 14, 2013
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
Mind-blowing... I didn't know my idea of life was old.. So you're saying, when the conditions were right, the chemical reactions became more complex and eventually became reproducing organisms? So say for example there was this rock, and conditions right, and out crawled a moving complex thing? Can science do that now??
That's an absurd leap of illogic.

It seems our first impression of you was correct. You are a creationist who is just pretending to actually want to learn something.

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

#3467 Jan 14, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an absurd leap of illogic.
It seems our first impression of you was correct. You are a creationist who is just pretending to actually want to learn something.
polymath actually gave me a very convincing answer..Thank you polymath

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#3468 Jan 14, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
First you forget you are dealing with the creator, He did it the way he chose.
No, I'm dealing with a Bronze Age myth. And the gaffs I point out prove that.
Colin The Zionist wrote:
You infamous darwin knew nothing of DNA yet you worship at his footstool.
Why do you think the garden of Eden would have survived the flood.
LOL! That flood story is myth, and it shows that the people who wrote the story had no idea about the scope of life on earth.
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

#3469 Jan 14, 2013
Evolution can be sumed up in one word..APPENDIX

We have no need for it it does nothing for our body and we can live perfectly without it. EVOLUTION AT ITS BEST....

Also todays humans overall are taller leaner bone structor and we dont have as bulky muscles. The human body has EVOLVED greatly over the years. Also notice how young men are less and less hairy. Evolution at work people....The Dinosaurs dying out was another part of evolution...As the world cooled and dryed(world of Dinosaurs was like tropical)the Dinosaurs could not survive. Those are just a few PROOFS of evolution....THERE IS MILLIONS OF MORE PROOFS ALSO...

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#3470 Jan 14, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow you are ever so mixed up. I have said thousands of times that what you call a theory I call a myth (lie).
That's because you are ignorant.
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

#3471 Jan 14, 2013
Hey christians..........Even if your bible and go is real evolution is still real.....Your buybull says the world started with two people.I would take it they where same color(race)...Then after Noah they would ahve been all same race or color....SO THEN FROM THAT TIMES BY BUYBUL TIME LINE FEW THOUSAND YEARS AGO WE ALL OF A SUDDEN HAVE ALL THE RACES AND COLORS AND LANGUAGES.......EVOLUTION..... .

So as you can see even if christian religion is right EVOLUTION STILL HAPPENED...

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#3472 Jan 14, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so your god sends people to Hell?
I told you he was a monster.
People choose to turn their backs on Him Which gives Him no choice

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 min Rosa_Winkel 230,151
Evidence for God! 29 min Uncle Sam 3
Does Being 'Spiritual But Not Religious' Really... 4 hr Thinking 8
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 8 hr Richardfs 23,004
Atheist because of art class 9 hr AtheistBodybuilde... 1
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 10 hr Richardfs 1,404
Islam for peace, or violence? 12 hr Thinking 54
Our world came from nothing? 20 hr Thinking 1,061

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE