Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
3,241 - 3,260 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
"God Save the Queen" still the anthem,
so much for atheist influence in England?
We have a lot of believers in belief here. But theists are definately in a minority.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
America has more of a Christian influence in politics tradition and culture than atheism?
You are correct in your description of killings.
Dr. Martin Luther Kings movement was Christian.
Your train of thought doesn't make all stops, does it?

America has had all sorts of influences, for better or worse, not just your two.

Thank you.

Not all atheists kill believers and not all believers kill believers, etc.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Correct.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was definitely a Christian...
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

By definition believers will imagine their "reality" is preferable, often with no thought for others.
Rick in Kansas wrote:
Atheists have killed believers and believers have killed atheists, atheists have killed atheists and believers have killed believers, why anyone would imagine that any one of those realities is preferable to another is just odd.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Well, we did invent the www.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Another UK :-)

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
By definition believers will imagine their "reality" is preferable, often with no thought for others.
And there aren't atheists guilty of the very same sin or is their identical behavior more acceptable somehow? Which it isn't.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Aliroger1 wrote:
CAN SOMEONE SUCCINCTLY STATE THE BASIC TENETS OF THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION?
It would be a useful starting point.
Yes, it would but it never stops there. The trolls with their myriad creationist myths, want to nit pick details that they don't even understand.

How can you debate with someone who denies fossil evidence? They can't even comprehend something they can hold in their hands and see as real.

*sighs*

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your challenge is absurd ... "proving Evolution" (to you) by way of Topix posts. Why should anyone waste their time? Your faith clearly protects you from absorbing many facts. Simply admit that your faith is unfounded, that what you know about your deity you read in books written by mortal men and we can call the matter closed.
The above response clearly proves the following. 1) RHill cannot prove the myth (lie) of evolution is true. 2) RHill has serious doubts concerning evolution. 3) RHILL clearly knows very little about my faith. 4)RHILL seems to thing that some myth (lie) of evolution authors are immortal.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

startracker2012 wrote:
<quoted text> The list you provided doesn't say any such thing. In fact, it gives evolution as one of the bases. Why are you being dishonest again?
My list does not, my list is a list of biological fields nothing more. It does not mention the myth (lie) of evolution. Yes I took the list from wiki and I acknowledged that in the opening line of the post. So once again no dishonesty from me.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Describe what you think the Theory of Evolution's basic tenets are.
I have already posted that several times why don't you look for it

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you stand for,and I will list the major ones right now that all people your kind say and do...
HATE VOILENCE BIGOTRY RACISM DEATH PAIN AND SUFFERING...Those are your religions main standing points......atleast the ones your kind spew and vote for.
Once again you are wrong. You know that you have yet to be right even once. What a proud record you have

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you mistake reason and science for a religion. Religion is the system that makes assumptions without proof and asks people to believe in spite of their senses. Evolution is simply the fact that species change over geological time and Darwinism is one particular explanation for those changes.
So you claim that the myth (lie) of evolution is fact. Are you going to take up my challenge with this new found confidence. I am looking forward to reading your published paper.
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Better to die a nice kind good hearted athiest,then die a hate filled racist bigoted slime christian....
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you are wrong. You know that you have yet to be right even once. What a proud record you have
LOL....Every post I have posted is 100% correct.....PROVE ME WRONG...You say I am wrong..PROVE IT..........COME ONE PROVE IT..........

Do you support same sex marriage?

Do you support women choosing to get abortion or not as they wish?

If you answer no to either then my post is 100% right....GOT IT?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true, although religions try desperately to convince people otherwise.
Yes many religious groups are trying to tell the brainwashed masses the the myth (lie) of evolution is just that a myth ( lie).

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious faith is quite different than day-to-day confidence (which can also be called faith).
OK, give me a test that would convince you that you are wrong if you are. I can think of many tests that would convince me that I am wrong. None of them have worked out that way.
You want me to think of a test that would convince me that I am wrong...... why would I do that. True faith is faith in the unseen do you have faith in magnetism.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

sickofit wrote:
Better to die a nice kind good hearted athiest,then die a hate filled racist bigoted slime christian....
You know so little about YHVH God of Israel. Both of those you define above will be very sad at judgment.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I always think of California or Alaska when I think stateside earthquake zones. How severe and how often do you folks get shaken up? Might be willing to trade our 'canes for your quakes.
We've hosted 3 of the top 20 earthquakes in US History, but that was 200 years ago, not much population to disturb. Some say we're overdue for a repeat.

Here in the bootheel of Missouri, we can ring the church bells in Boston and make the Mississippi River appear to run backwards for 8 days while it drains off to form the Reelfoot Lakes.

We get shaken every 3 to 5 years....lots of lighter tremors that are only detected by seismographs:
http://www.dnr.mo.gov/geology/geosrv/geores/t...

BTW, I live about an hour and a half drive from a little town named New Madrid;0)

Still wanna trade?
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes many religious groups are trying to tell the brainwashed masses the the myth (lie) of evolution is just that a myth ( lie).
FUNNY....Myth cults trying to convince people that scientific evidence is wrong and that a 2000 year old book is right...LOL LOL LOL LOL.....SILLY...

Even funnier is that religous people will offer not one ounce of proof for there god or religions proof....yet wont except the TONS OF LIBRARIES FULL of proof for evolution....REAL SILLY.
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
You want me to think of a test that would convince me that I am wrong...... why would I do that. True faith is faith in the unseen do you have faith in magnetism.
You said it...FAITH IN THE UNSEEN UNFELT UNHEARD FROM....Your whole religion is based on faith.....EVOLUTION IS BASED ON TEST AND FACTS AND TRUTH......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Patrick 226,235
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Patrick 21,497
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 1 hr Patrick 10
100% Faith Free 1 hr Patrick 8
Richard Dawkins in a nutshell 1 hr Patrick 26
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 3 hr Patrick 10
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 7 hr USN Atheist 39
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••