Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#3390 Jan 14, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
...written like a true believer, Eric Hoffer style.
"Someone who thinks the world is always cheating him is right. He is missing that wonderful feeling of trust in someone or something."
Eric Hoffer
I never said I am being cheated. And yes, I *do* have trust in some people. But trust is earned and to earn it, you have to actually exist. That rules out trust in deities.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3391 Jan 14, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Mass brainwashing does not make anything fact.
Very true, although religions try desperately to convince people otherwise.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3392 Jan 14, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith remains faith no matter how you try to reorder it. Since when does YHVH forbid anything testable?
Religious faith is quite different than day-to-day confidence (which can also be called faith).

OK, give me a test that would convince you that you are wrong if you are. I can think of many tests that would convince me that I am wrong. None of them have worked out that way.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3393 Jan 14, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
What church the church of the evolutionist or perhaps the church of Darwinism
Once again, you mistake reason and science for a religion. Religion is the system that makes assumptions without proof and asks people to believe in spite of their senses. Evolution is simply the fact that species change over geological time and Darwinism is one particular explanation for those changes.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3394 Jan 14, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
You have it all wrong again but then that does not surprise me one bit. The myth (lie) of evolution only exists today because the brainwashed masses believe in it with blind faith.
Not at all. The *brainwashed* masses are those following the religions that teach science is wrong. THEY are the ones who believe in 'blind faith'.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3395 Jan 14, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
I like that one it has power and authority.
And yet, the guy who said it was in the wrong.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3396 Jan 14, 2013
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
Mind-blowing... I didn't know my idea of life was old.. So you're saying, when the conditions were right, the chemical reactions became more complex and eventually became reproducing organisms?
Yes.
So say for example there was this rock, and conditions right, and out crawled a moving complex thing?
No. First of all, rocks tend to be fairly simple chemically. Far more important are the components of the atmosphere, the water around, etc. And some rocks are different than others. The carbon typically came from carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, or methane in the early atmosphere. The oxygen tends to come from water or the carbon oxides, although other metal oxides are common sources. Phosphorus comes from some rocks. next, you need an appropriate energy source. Light from the early sun was higher in ultraviolet and it wasn't filtered yet by ozone, so that was one source. Lightning is another and the energies of deep sea vents are another.

Another thing: the first life would have been single celled. It certainly didn't 'crawl'. In fact, for the first 2 billion years of life on earth, ALL life was single celled. It was a remarkable leap going from one celled organisms to multi-celled organisms.
Can science do that now??
You might be surprised how far we have come. But not fully there yet.

We can go from the basic chemicals to systems that are surrounded by membranes and catalyze many of the reactions of life. Some even divide, but the chemicals within tend to diffuse over time.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#3397 Jan 14, 2013
Hitler was a believer leading a country of believers.
Stalin learnt how to control feeble minded believers at priest school.
All fundies are cu*ts.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
In the 20th century atheist Joseph Stalin killed 20 million.
Recent indication of atheists in power.
Atheist Hitler killed another 15 to 20 Million.
Atheist Mao killed 60 million.
Atheist Pol Pot 30% of the population of Cambodia.
Mass. seems quiet recently :-)

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3398 Jan 14, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Again it is spelled B.....I.....B.....L.....E, now I know it is a complicated word but do try to be more accurate
All this has been very well covered in many previous posts.
1) Plants can survive in the dark
2) YHVH as creator can every easily change DNA
3) Have you looked for the Garden of Eden
Ok now lets look at the next chapter if you want I can carry on for the entire Totah.
The Bible is a bunch of babble and to believe it you have to buybull.

magic went out with the rise of science.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#3399 Jan 14, 2013
When will islamic Female Genital Mutilation end?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And by "which" and by "Whose" authority you are threatening me? And where is the copy and paste in this? It is an original composition by me.
What type of Sick mind you people have? Instead of answering the questions, you want to shout people down!!
Is that what you call as reason and logic?
Shame on you!!

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3400 Jan 14, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow you are ever so mixed up. I have said thousands of times that what you call a theory I call a myth (lie).
And you have been wrong thousands of times.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#3401 Jan 14, 2013
Thinking wrote:
All fundies are cu*ts.
<quoted text>
Very true.

Hitler was definitely a Christian in a country where the vast majority of the population were Christians and the majority religion (by a long way) was Christianity.

So you see, there was nothing between millions of Jews and death other than the morals and ethics of millions of Christians.

In other words.....nothing.
Lincoln

United States

#3403 Jan 14, 2013
Thinking wrote:
All fundies are cu*ts.
<quoted text>
Atheist East Germany built the wall and shot men, women, an children trying to leave.
No wonder Atheists are not trusted with power.
Lincoln

United States

#3405 Jan 14, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true.
Hitler was definitely a Christian in a country where the vast majority of the population were Christians and the majority religion (by a long way) was Christianity.
So you see, there was nothing between millions of Jews and death other than the morals and ethics of millions of Christians.
In other words.....nothing.
"Hitler was definitely a Christian..." funny that Atheists tend of believe what Hitler proclaimed.

Atheists the last fooled by Hitlers statements :-)

Atheist Leon Trotsky killed three million with the atheist Red Guard 1917 to 1823.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#3406 Jan 14, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist Leon Trotsky killed three million with the atheist Red Guard 1917 to 1823.
Lets assume for a second you are right and atheists in power round up and kill millions. Why doesnt your loving Deity do anything about these atrocities? Why does God sit back and have a cigar whilst the "chosen people" are herded into gas chambers and murdered by their millions? Face it, the likely explanation is that there is no God. Or a God which is not concerned with the matters of human beings.
Lincoln

United States

#3407 Jan 14, 2013
Hitler was definitely a Christian..." funny that Atheists tend of believe what Hitler proclaimed.

Atheist Leon Trotsky killed three million with the atheist Red Guard 1917 to 1923!
Trotsky could not go back in time - sorry-
Lincoln

United States

#3409 Jan 14, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets assume for a second you are right and atheists in power round up and kill millions. Why doesnt your loving Deity do anything about these atrocities? Why does God sit back and have a cigar whilst the "chosen people" are herded into gas chambers and murdered by their millions? Face it, the likely explanation is that there is no God. Or a God which is not concerned with the matters of human beings.
Another UK :-)
Do you pay taxes to support the Christian church in the UK?
Free Will for Mankind one answer, not too satisfying.
A very valid question.
"God Save the Queen" still the anthem,
so much for atheist influence in England?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#3410 Jan 14, 2013
Are you trying to claim all atheist are like that?
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hitler was definitely a Christian..." funny that Atheists tend of believe what Hitler proclaimed.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#3411 Jan 14, 2013
Atheists have killed believers and believers have killed atheists, atheists have killed atheists and believers have killed believers, why anyone would imagine that any one of those realities is preferable to another is just odd.
Lincoln

United States

#3412 Jan 14, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
Atheists have killed believers and believers have killed atheists, atheists have killed atheists and believers have killed believers, why anyone would imagine that any one of those realities is preferable to another is just odd.
America has more of a Christian influence in politics tradition and culture than atheism?

You are correct in your description of killings.

Dr. Martin Luther Kings movement was Christian.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 min Eman 22,219
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Anon 227,559
Introducing The Universal Religion (Feb '14) 1 hr Patrick 762
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 2 hr Patrick 4,094
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 3 hr woodtick57 100
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 4 hr Thinking 77
Stump a theist with 2 questions 8 hr TheHeadlines 58
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE