Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
3,201 - 3,220 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#3370 Jan 13, 2013
startracker2012 wrote:
<quoted text> Flu shots are based on the evolution of the flu virus. The reason you have to have one every year is because the virus evolves and changes. So please, don't take one of those false science flu shots, or any other immunizations. Don't go to a doctor for a cold, cancer, tuberculosis or any other disease that evolves.
Why is your God so ignorant that he couldn't make a world that evolves? Why was he so ignorant that he couldn't make a whole universe that evolves rather than stagnating and dying off? That's what happens when things don't evolve. Is he currently busy creating all the new strains of viruses and other diseases on earth? Is he currently making the changes in DNA that occur over generations? If so, he did it the hard way.

Lucky for me I don't need flu shots ever. By the way Flu adapts and changes it is still flu nothing else.

If any god had used evolution then that would make him ignorant not the other way around.
DNA may change it becomes a bit more corrupt each generation a result of the fall of man.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3371 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you forgot the think agsin
I guess you forgot that people actually check out the things you post.

#3372 Jan 13, 2013
Aliroger1 wrote:
THE EVIL SINNER COLIN IS ON HERE SOLELY FOR MENTAL ONANISM
God will send Colin straight to Hell for all eternity!!!
Colin has not stated what he believes the Theory of Evolution is. Colin, what is the theory of evolution?
Wow you are ever so mixed up. I have said thousands of times that what you call a theory I call a myth (lie).

Location hidden

#3373 Jan 13, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
These all rely on our current understanding of biological evolution.
You don't agree, just show the independent verification to back up you claim.
Again, as long as our current model allows us to make predictions about biology it is a valid tool. Find a better (more predictive) model or you're whining will continue to be just that ... whining.
<quoted text>
This is a joke, right?
Any actual predictive tests? Any independent verification? Without both of these things, you're just making stuff up that has nothing to do with actual science.
You know all you have to do to prove biological evolution wrong is find one (1) fossil which is entirely inconsistent with what can be predicted or anticipated by the evolutionary model, such as rabbit in the Precambrian strata. None have ever been found.
He forgot to read the first paragraph of the article, or read it and thought no one would check it out and read it. Christians never learn.

#3374 Jan 13, 2013
startracker2012 wrote:
<quoted text> This makes absolutely no sense in the manner it was written.
Only to you.

#3375 Jan 13, 2013
startracker2012 wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you forgot that people actually check out the things you post.
I sure hope they do then they will read the truth form me and the lies form my detractors, like you.

#3376 Jan 13, 2013
startracker2012 wrote:
<quoted text> Why do you feel it is necessary to lie in the effort to support your position.
Here, for everyone to see, is the first paragraph of the article from which you got this list:
Biology is a natural science concerned with the study of life and living organisms, including their structure, function, growth, evolution, distribution, and taxonomy.[1] Biology has many subdisciplines unified by five so-called axioms of modern biology:[2]
Cells are the basic unit of life
Genes are the basic unit of heredity
New species and inherited traits are the product of evolution
An organism regulates its internal environment to maintain a stable and constant condition
Living organisms consume and transform energy
The link you didn't post where you got your information is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology
Nowhere in that article does it say or even intimate that these processes are not based on evolution.
You are being totally dishonest. I guess you think because you were not honest enough to give the link to the site from which you quoted that no one would look it up.
Now you have absolutely PROVEN yourself to be a dishonest person. There is no need to read anything else you post to know that you will be dishonest in the future.
You should be ashamed of yourself. But it's good that everyone can now see for themselves how dishonest you are.
I guess you failed to read the post I responded to, I provided a list of Biologies that do not need evolution to be practiced. I even credited wiki with the list, I was not dishonest, I did not claim that wiki agrees with me, I used their list and that was that.
Your accusations are dishonest, and misrepresent me 100%.

Location hidden

#3377 Jan 13, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
These all rely on our current understanding of biological evolution.
You don't agree, just show the independent verification to back up you claim.
Again, as long as our current model allows us to make predictions about biology it is a valid tool. Find a better (more predictive) model or you're whining will continue to be just that ... whining.
<quoted text>
This is a joke, right?
Any actual predictive tests? Any independent verification? Without both of these things, you're just making stuff up that has nothing to do with actual science.
You know all you have to do to prove biological evolution wrong is find one (1) fossil which is entirely inconsistent with what can be predicted or anticipated by the evolutionary model, such as rabbit in the Precambrian strata. None have ever been found.
The only place you will see the words 'creation' and 'biology' put together is from wing-nut Christians. They have even published a 'textbook' of creation science and creation biology. They are absolute trash. But this is what ignorant home-schoolers use to teach their children. It is a crime against the young brains of children.

#3378 Jan 13, 2013
startracker2012 wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you forgot that people actually check out the things you post.
Are you going to take up my challange, if you look around here you will find it. Go for it take up the challange.

Location hidden

#3379 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you failed to read the post I responded to, I provided a list of Biologies that do not need evolution to be practiced. I even credited wiki with the list, I was not dishonest, I did not claim that wiki agrees with me, I used their list and that was that.
Your accusations are dishonest, and misrepresent me 100%.
The list you provided doesn't say any such thing. In fact, it gives evolution as one of the bases. Why are you being dishonest again?
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#3380 Jan 14, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow you are ever so mixed up. I have said thousands of times that what you call a theory I call a myth (lie).
Describe what you think the Theory of Evolution's basic tenets are.
NorthbyNW

Denver, CO

#3381 Jan 14, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is the beginning of WISDOM AND THOUGHT.....
Atheism is an infatuation with nonsence.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#3382 Jan 14, 2013
Muq you have been warned about this before. Stop copy and pasting huge walls of text and spamming this of topic nonsense or be reported for mass deletion. Now the better way to do it is post a brief summary say a line or two and then paste the link to the website with the information you want us to consider.

This off topic spam is on par with your usual babbling because evolution has nothing to do with atheism and worse the example is insane because various carts and mechanical modes of transportation are man made mechanical devices, not living creatures.

Stop spamming walls of texts and start providing a brief summary and a link so we are not forced to report you for mass deletion.

Thank you
MUQ wrote:
Since Atheism is very closely connected with Theory of Evolution (TOE), so much so that Every Atheist is a believer in the TOE.
I know there are many religious people also who believe in TOE, but many do not believe in it also.
In fact TOE has a big hand in growth of Atheism.
(Contd.)
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#3383 Jan 14, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Muq you have been warned about this before. Stop copy and pasting huge walls of text and spamming this of topic nonsense or be reported for mass deletion. Now the better way to do it is post a brief summary say a line or two and then paste the link to the website with the information you want us to consider.
This off topic spam is on par with your usual babbling because evolution has nothing to do with atheism and worse the example is insane because various carts and mechanical modes of transportation are man made mechanical devices, not living creatures.
Stop spamming walls of texts and start providing a brief summary and a link so we are not forced to report you for mass deletion.
Thank you
<quoted text>
And by "which" and by "Whose" authority you are threatening me? And where is the copy and paste in this? It is an original composition by me.

What type of Sick mind you people have? Instead of answering the questions, you want to shout people down!!

Is that what you call as reason and logic?

Shame on you!!

Since: Mar 11

United States

#3384 Jan 14, 2013
I erased all of your I don't knows and your humiliating comment about did the ancient people have powers so as not to overly humiliate you.

It seems from that ocean of I don't knows from you that you are not up to the subject you wish to discuss. Simply put you are very ill prepared. I mean look you want to argue the benefits of the metaphysical vs that of reason, yet you are completely in the dark of the origins of the very metaphysical beliefs you so cherish!

Since you are unable to even properly explain your position you are certainly in no position to even begin to try to explain my or other atheists position.

Yet in your woeful ineptitude you did make one point that is worth mentioning. You confessed that it's likely the ancient people who started the notion of god/s or the so called metaphysical just made it all up. Now let's add the very real second option that they were simply mistaken and at that point we easily hover over 99% that it is inaccurate. But just going by your own statement that they most likely just made it up. That being said it is a myth and why should I or anyone take a myth as anything more than an entertaining myth?
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
So based on my own personal experience, it's likely they could have made it up)
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#3385 Jan 14, 2013
NorthbyNW wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is an infatuation with nonsence.
Lol! Not like religion then?...

https://www.google.co.uk/search...

https://www.google.co.uk/search...

Religion = superstition
Theology = mythology

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Texas, USA

#3386 Jan 14, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to take up my challange, if you look around here you will find it. Go for it take up the challange.
Your challenge is absurd ... "proving Evolution" (to you) by way of Topix posts. Why should anyone waste their time? Your faith clearly protects you from absorbing many facts. Simply admit that your faith is unfounded, that what you know about your deity you read in books written by mortal men and we can call the matter closed.
Lincoln

United States

#3387 Jan 14, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I guess it has to be real and measurable and convincing enough to leave little room for doubt. The standards that we use to assess such evidence must also be high.
Take the evidence we have that there were witches practicing magic in late 17th century Salem.
The governor of Massachusetts (William Phips) was involved. A court was established with prosecutors, defenders and judges, all respected pillars of the local communities.
Thorough investigations were carried out and witness were cross-examined. A lot of evidence was gathered and many people confessed. All these proceedings were documented with hundreds of sworn affidavits, interviews and other court documents.
In other words a scale of evidence and testimonies far in excess of anything there is for the magical deeds of Jesus.
Furthermore, the Salem Witch Trials were fairly recent and we have the original documents, not copies of copies of copies, made centuries later. We have the sworn and signed eye-witness testimonies from the very people who observed the magical events taking place.
There are even volumes written by witnesses to the trial. The evidence is plentiful.
Yet who in this day and age accepts all this evidence and believes that the 19 unfortunates who were executed were really witches practicing black magic and casting evil spells?
We apply our high standards and we reject the evidence.
Do people employ those same high standards when it comes to accepting the claims of magical goings on in the Bible, Quran, Gita, etc?
No, they don't. In fact, all of a sudden, the bar has been lowered from the high level it was set for the Salem evidence to a pretty low level for scriptural evidence.
Why is this?
If we look at what happened in Salem the same way that we look at what happened in 2000 year old Jerusalem, how can those people not have been witches?
In the 20th century atheist Joseph Stalin killed 20 million.

Recent indication of atheists in power.

Atheist Hitler killed another 15 to 20 Million.

Atheist Mao killed 60 million.

Atheist Pol Pot 30% of the population of Cambodia.

Mass. seems quiet recently :-)

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Texas, USA

#3388 Jan 14, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Same here in Missouri minus the hurricanes, but we have earthquakes so I would think we're pretty well even;0)
Really? I always think of California or Alaska when I think stateside earthquake zones. How severe and how often do you folks get shaken up? Might be willing to trade our 'canes for your quakes.
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

#3389 Jan 14, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously know very little of what I stand for, but hay that's ok.
I know what you stand for,and I will list the major ones right now that all people your kind say and do...

HATE VOILENCE BIGOTRY RACISM DEATH PAIN AND SUFFERING...Those are your religions main standing points......atleast the ones your kind spew and vote for.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Eagle 12 226,388
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 4 hr Jaimie 57
The myth of the angry atheist 5 hr _Bad Company 1
The Ultimate Evidence of God 6 hr Patrick 61
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! 6 hr Patrick 7
100% Faith Free 7 hr CunningLinguist 14
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 7 hr CunningLinguist 39
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••