Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3350 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists do not rule the realm of science. Lets let you lot have all the evolutionary facts you can hold. Seeing as there are none you leave the real world empty handed.
Flu shots are based on the evolution of the flu virus. The reason you have to have one every year is because the virus evolves and changes. So please, don't take one of those false science flu shots, or any other immunizations. Don't go to a doctor for a cold, cancer, tuberculosis or any other disease that evolves.

Why is your God so ignorant that he couldn't make a world that evolves? Why was he so ignorant that he couldn't make a whole universe that evolves rather than stagnating and dying off? That's what happens when things don't evolve. Is he currently busy creating all the new strains of viruses and other diseases on earth? Is he currently making the changes in DNA that occur over generations? If so, he did it the hard way.
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#3351 Jan 13, 2013
THE EVIL SINNER COLIN IS ON HERE SOLELY FOR MENTAL ONANISM

God will send Colin straight to Hell for all eternity!!!

Colin has not stated what he believes the Theory of Evolution is. Colin, what is the theory of evolution?
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#3352 Jan 13, 2013
startracker2012 wrote:
<quoted text> Flu shots are based on the evolution of the flu virus. The reason you have to have one every year is because the virus evolves and changes. So please, don't take one of those false science flu shots, or any other immunizations. Don't go to a doctor for a cold, cancer, tuberculosis or any other disease that evolves.
Why is your God so ignorant that he couldn't make a world that evolves? Why was he so ignorant that he couldn't make a whole universe that evolves rather than stagnating and dying off? That's what happens when things don't evolve. Is he currently busy creating all the new strains of viruses and other diseases on earth? Is he currently making the changes in DNA that occur over generations? If so, he did it the hard way.
God is too busy looking for virgin girls like Mary who he can knock up.

Location hidden

#3353 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you have forgotten the discussion last time you posted that so called proof as I point out this morning your logic is flawed and you knowledge of UYHVH God of Israel is lacking. I won get over it.
Saying 'your logic is flawed' is not proof of anything. You gave nothing to back up your assertion that the logic was flawed. You gave no in-depth discussion of why his logic was flawed. No opposing facts.

So, no. You didn't prove anything.

If you have the proof that YHVH is a God, and the only God, please present it with the evidence that is testable and repeatable by everyone so that they can come to the same conclusion you did. With that would be proof that your God is the only God. You will have to disprove all the other Gods with FACTS, not 'they're not Gods'. That won't work.
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#3354 Jan 13, 2013
THE BIBLE IS A WORK OF FICTION AND ALL THE MAIN CHARACTERS IN IT ARE FICTIONAL CHARACTERS

There is no credible contemporaneous record of Jesus, Moses, exodus or any of the other characters or events in the bible in historical records. Christianity is clearly a plagiarized religion that stole ideas and material from other faith traditions and mythologies to cobble together a good story for the simple peasants who were really poor and needed some hope and a good story to sustain them, full of miracles and stories of food and wine and sex and victories in war and resurrection from the dead and a great afterlife because everyday life was a living hell. Smart Romans figured out how to exploit the fairy tale, but it backfired and the Christians destroyed Rome. Christians are now destroying America.
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#3355 Jan 13, 2013
CAN SOMEONE SUCCINCTLY STATE THE BASIC TENETS OF THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION?

It would be a useful starting point.

Location hidden

#3356 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked me for nothing, but I did provide one for you logic table (for a logic table to be a proof all possibilities must be presented not just negative ones) Here is no7 and no8:
7) YHVH Is exactly what He says He is in His Word (The Torah)
8) YHVH God of Israel personally wrote on stone tablets then dictated Moses the rest, as He chose to do as the creator od all.
No 8 is the truth of the event as I have pointed out to you on various occasions, if you have forgotten that too look back a few pages.
So once again you have dug your hole of utter ignorance that little bit deeper. Please do carry on.
Those stone tablets on which your God supposedly wrote were broken. There was nothing left of them. The second set were written down by a man, per your Bible. No one ever saw the first set when they were brought down from the mountain top.

There is absolutely no proof of either of these tablets. If you have the one that wasn't broken, or know where it is, I am quite sure there are many people who would really like to see them. I'd be first in line.

Location hidden

#3357 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are blind of the evidence you should open your eyes.
Present the tablets. That's all it will take to prove that your God wrote them or had them written. Simple request.

Provide ANYTHING ever written by your God. Provide ANYTHING written while Jesus was alive. There were two people in his group that could have written accounts as Jesus taught, but not a word was written by anyone. Not a single witness wrote anything or had anything written until at least 3 decades after his death.

You have not provided proof. You have provided us with your beliefs. There is a vast difference in belief and proof.

Location hidden

#3358 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Your no 1 - 6 is an EPIC FAIL beacuse you have no proof and your entire argument is nuts beacuse you have no logic in it, at least apply logig.
Please specify how his logic is flawed. Please tell us in detail.

Location hidden

#3359 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
The creator does not need creating.
Why not?

Location hidden

#3360 Jan 13, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Automobiles are not the universe. Bad analogy. Try again.
If the designer of an automobile said he made it in his likeness and image, then yes, hew would have to be an automobile. I have never seen a Christian on Topix who knew what an analogy is, much less how to construct one. The same is true with metaphors. Every time a Christian is questioned and says that the questioned verse(s) discussed are metaphors and is then asked to explain the metaphor...can't.

It's really rather entertaining.

Location hidden

#3361 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually good analogy nothing that is designed required to be of itself to be designed form the Universe to a simple pin
This makes absolutely no sense in the manner it was written.

Location hidden

#3362 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
The creator YHVH the God of Israel can make the stones talk if He wants, do you not know what the word firmament means, look it up.
If you knew what it meant, you could have answered the question.
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#3363 Jan 13, 2013
WHY ARE THERE NO DINOSAURS ROAMING THE EARTH?

Why are there fish with legs and mammals swimming in the oceans?

How old is the earth?

The answers are all in the bible, according to the idiots. LOLLL
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#3364 Jan 13, 2013
WALT DISNEY INVENTED MICKEY MOUSE, JUST LIKE SOME OTHER MEN INVENTED JESUS CHRIST

Jesus is a purely fictional character. There was no Adam and Eve, much to my disappointment! Imagine Eve coyly biting into the fruit and letting the talking snake pop her cherry in return--cheap ho!!! And imagine that Virgin Mary story!!! Yeah, I'm a pregnant virgin--god knocked me up. Honest. LOLLLL

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#3365 Jan 13, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
But not temperatures close to 0 Kelvin.
<quoted text>
Then why not mention it? Because the story is a myth, made up by ignorant people who didn't know about DNA.
<quoted text>
No, I haven't looked. So what? If it existed, it would have been found by now. Isn't there supposed to be some cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth guarding the way to the tree of life? Surely someone would have noticed that! Learn to deal with reality.
First you forget you are dealing with the creator, He did it the way he chose.
You infamous darwin knew nothing of DNA yet you worship at his footstool.

Why do you think the garden of Eden would have survived the flood.

#3366 Jan 13, 2013
Aliroger1 wrote:
WHY ARE THERE NO DINOSAURS ROAMING THE EARTH?
Why are there fish with legs and mammals swimming in the oceans?
How old is the earth?
The answers are all in the bible, according to the idiots. LOLLL
Actulaay they are, all the answers are in the Bible.

#3367 Jan 13, 2013
startracker2012 wrote:
<quoted text> Those stone tablets on which your God supposedly wrote were broken. There was nothing left of them. The second set were written down by a man, per your Bible. No one ever saw the first set when they were brought down from the mountain top.
There is absolutely no proof of either of these tablets. If you have the one that wasn't broken, or know where it is, I am quite sure there are many people who would really like to see them. I'd be first in line.
No the second set were cut out by man and written by YHVH. I would like to see them too and I fully expect to be able to one day soon.

#3368 Jan 13, 2013
startracker2012 wrote:
<quoted text> Why not?
Beacuse He id the creator not the created

Location hidden

#3369 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
List partially thanks to Wikipedia:
These are the main branches of biology that do not require the myth (lie) of evolution.
Aerobiology the study of airborne organic particles
Agriculture the study of producing crops from the land, with an emphasis on practical applications
Anatomy the study of form and function, in plants, animals, and other organisms, or specifically in humans
Arachnology the study of arachnids
Biochemistry the study of the chemical reactions required for life to exist and function, usually a focus on the cellular level
Bioengineering the study of biology through the means of engineering with an emphasis on applied knowledge and especially related to biotechnology
Biogeography the study of the distribution of species spatially and temporally
Bioinformatics the use of information technology for the study, collection, and storage of genomic and other biological data
Biomathematics (or Mathematical biology) the quantitative or mathematical study of biological processes, with an emphasis on modeling
Biomechanics often considered a branch of medicine, the study of the mechanics of living beings, with an emphasis on applied use through prosthetics or orthotics
Biomedical research the study of the human body in health and disease
Biomusicology - study of music from a biological point of view.
Biophysics the study of biological processes through physics, by applying the theories and methods traditionally used in the physical sciences
Biotechnology a new and sometimes controversial branch of biology that studies the manipulation of living matter, including genetic modification and synthetic biology
Building biology the study of the indoor living environment
Botany the study of plants
Cell biology the study of the cell as a complete unit, and the molecular and chemical interactions that occur within a living cell
Conservation biology the study of the preservation, protection, or restoration of the natural environment, natural ecosystems, vegetation, and wildlife
Creation Biology - the study of biology from the point of view of creation and intelligent design
Cryobiology the study of the effects of lower than normally preferred temperatures on living beings
To Be continued
Why do you feel it is necessary to lie in the effort to support your position.

Here, for everyone to see, is the first paragraph of the article from which you got this list:

Biology is a natural science concerned with the study of life and living organisms, including their structure, function, growth, evolution, distribution, and taxonomy.[1] Biology has many subdisciplines unified by five so-called axioms of modern biology:[2]
Cells are the basic unit of life
Genes are the basic unit of heredity
New species and inherited traits are the product of evolution
An organism regulates its internal environment to maintain a stable and constant condition
Living organisms consume and transform energy

The link you didn't post where you got your information is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology

Nowhere in that article does it say or even intimate that these processes are not based on evolution.

You are being totally dishonest. I guess you think because you were not honest enough to give the link to the site from which you quoted that no one would look it up.

Now you have absolutely PROVEN yourself to be a dishonest person. There is no need to read anything else you post to know that you will be dishonest in the future.

You should be ashamed of yourself. But it's good that everyone can now see for themselves how dishonest you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Eagle 12 227,400
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 14 min Brit Expat 22,073
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 1 hr TheHeadlines 70
Stump a theist with 2 questions 1 hr TheHeadlines 17
Atheism 101: What's the most aggravating argume... 3 hr Patrick n Angela 3
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 4 hr Thinking 183
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 7 hr Patrick 41
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••