Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#3329 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
All species that change are exhibiting there in build design feature to adapt to their environment, evolution makes the following claims.
1) Life spontaneously evolved in a puddle.
Take a biology class! You get your info off of "creation science" sites.(Now there's a contradiction in terms.)
The theory of evolution doesn't deal with the origin of life. That's the subject of abiogenesis.
Dismissed.

Santa Monica, CA

#3330 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you have 100% irrefutable proof for evolution or not.
No.
But I do have 100% irrefutable proof that the creation story in Genesis is just a Bronze Age myth.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#3331 Jan 13, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Before we even get through the first chapter of the buy-bull, there day and night and plants growing before there is a sun. Yep, before we get to line 20 or so, we can dismiss it as the literal word of a god. Then there is the story of Adam and Eve. Eve was made from Adam's rib. Eve would have had the same DNA Adam did. Eve would have been a man. Why haven't we found the Garden of Eden? Because the story is BS! And we haven't finished the second chapter...
Again it is spelled B.....I.....B.....L.....E, now I know it is a complicated word but do try to be more accurate
All this has been very well covered in many previous posts.
1) Plants can survive in the dark
2) YHVH as creator can every easily change DNA
3) Have you looked for the Garden of Eden

Ok now lets look at the next chapter if you want I can carry on for the entire Totah.

#3332 Jan 13, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a biology class! You get your info off of "creation science" sites.(Now there's a contradiction in terms.)
The theory of evolution doesn't deal with the origin of life. That's the subject of abiogenesis.
Dismissed.
Been there done that I have rejected the indoctrination that you have accepted dose that make me wrong NO it makes you brainwashed.

In case you have forgotten "the ORIGIN of species", abiogenesis is part of the myth (lie) of evolution perhaps it is you who need to attend a biology class for further indoctrination you seem to have slipped up on the basics.

There all done, do you have anything else.

#3333 Jan 13, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
But I do have 100% irrefutable proof that the creation story in Genesis is just a Bronze Age myth.
Thanks very much for admitting to the myth (lie) of evolution.

So the myth (lie) of evolution is just that as you have admitted above, OK thanks for that.

Now lets have your "100% irrefutable proof that the creation story in Genesis is just a Bronze Age myth". I am waiting.

Santa Monica, CA

#3334 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes it "clearly absurd" in your mind.
Again...
Eve was made from Adam's rib, and would have had Adam's DNA. Eve would have been a man.

#3335 Jan 13, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Again...
Eve was made from Adam's rib, and would have had Adam's DNA. Eve would have been a man.
Oh dear here we go again please be so kind as to refer to post #3331.

Santa Monica, CA

#3337 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
1) He did not do a bad job.
2) You don't.
A crappy, crappy job. We have people believing god is rewarding the people who flew the planes into the WTC, and those who believe he is punishing them. How would it be possible to do a worse job of communicating to people what you want?
Everybody who drives knows red lights mean stop. The DMV does a better job of communicating that god does.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#3338 Jan 13, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. So if its possible for a being like God to exist, what kind of evidence should we look for if there is any? Must it be spectacular? We would also have to know what qualifies as spectacular. I would think it would be something out of the ordinary. Something we don't see everyday. Agreed?
Well, I guess it has to be real and measurable and convincing enough to leave little room for doubt. The standards that we use to assess such evidence must also be high.

Take the evidence we have that there were witches practicing magic in late 17th century Salem.

The governor of Massachusetts (William Phips) was involved. A court was established with prosecutors, defenders and judges, all respected pillars of the local communities.

Thorough investigations were carried out and witness were cross-examined. A lot of evidence was gathered and many people confessed. All these proceedings were documented with hundreds of sworn affidavits, interviews and other court documents.

In other words a scale of evidence and testimonies far in excess of anything there is for the magical deeds of Jesus.

Furthermore, the Salem Witch Trials were fairly recent and we have the original documents, not copies of copies of copies, made centuries later. We have the sworn and signed eye-witness testimonies from the very people who observed the magical events taking place.

There are even volumes written by witnesses to the trial. The evidence is plentiful.

Yet who in this day and age accepts all this evidence and believes that the 19 unfortunates who were executed were really witches practicing black magic and casting evil spells?

We apply our high standards and we reject the evidence.

Do people employ those same high standards when it comes to accepting the claims of magical goings on in the Bible, Quran, Gita, etc?

No, they don't. In fact, all of a sudden, the bar has been lowered from the high level it was set for the Salem evidence to a pretty low level for scriptural evidence.

Why is this?

If we look at what happened in Salem the same way that we look at what happened in 2000 year old Jerusalem, how can those people not have been witches?

Santa Monica, CA

#3339 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the buy-bull?
I made a typo.
What about all the stories of god ordering the killing of children in the buy-bull.(Say "buy-bull" out loud.)

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3340 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
You make that wild and wacky claim so often, yet you fail to produce any verifiable evidence for the myth (lie) of evolution. I am starting to think that you actually don't believe it yourself.
No amount of evidence would be good enough for you. There is no 'belief' in scientific facts. There's just knowledge to accept. Acceptance of facts is not belief. Facts need no belief. Belief is left to the supernatural for which there is no verifiable evidence. If you had evidence of the supernatural, you wouldn't have belief either. You'd have acceptance of facts.

39,000 sects of Christianity that can't agree with each other on some of the most basic tenants of the belief in Jesus Christ is not evidence. If you guys can't agree on what your 'evidence' is, what Christians believe, and argue over doctrinal and dogmatic practices, why would you call it fact?

I think there is enough evidence (for me) to believe that a man who is called Jesus by Christians walked this earth and was an itinerant Rabbi who tried to teach the Israelite people how to use the laws given them in a more humane way and treat others with love. However, I have no evidence that is so factual that it proves my position to everyone. I also believe that human beings are not the most intelligent or powerful beings in the universe. Again, I have no overpowering evidence that would produce something significant enough to present as facts so that everyone would think the same. This is a good reason not to peddle beliefs.

Location hidden

#3341 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
1) I never said it was but they do walk hand in hand.
1) The foundations and many modern branches of biology were and are based with creation in mind, why would and real science need the myth (lie) of evolution.
Based on the model you have presented here, why would any scientist need the myth of a supernatural being?

Please name the branches of biology that have been based with creation in mind by any credible scientists. Please name the creationist contributions to biology that are accepted by most other scientists per peer review.

Santa Monica, CA

#3342 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Again it is spelled B.....I.....B.....L.....E, now I know it is a complicated word but do try to be more accurate
All this has been very well covered in many previous posts.
1) Plants can survive in the dark
But not temperatures close to 0 Kelvin.
Colin The Zionist wrote:
2) YHVH as creator can every easily change DNA
Then why not mention it? Because the story is a myth, made up by ignorant people who didn't know about DNA.
Colin The Zionist wrote:
3) Have you looked for the Garden of Eden
Ok now lets look at the next chapter if you want I can carry on for the entire Totah.
No, I haven't looked. So what? If it existed, it would have been found by now. Isn't there supposed to be some cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth guarding the way to the tree of life? Surely someone would have noticed that! Learn to deal with reality.

#3343 Jan 13, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I made a typo.
What about all the stories of god ordering the killing of children in the buy-bull.(Say "buy-bull" out loud.)
Again you need to learn to spell or type, I don't need to learn to talk aloud.

#3344 Jan 13, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
A crappy, crappy job. We have people believing god is rewarding the people who flew the planes into the WTC, and those who believe he is punishing them. How would it be possible to do a worse job of communicating to people what you want?
Everybody who drives knows red lights mean stop. The DMV does a better job of communicating that god does.
Mankind has generally(like yourself) chosen to ignore YHVH God of Israel, His Word, His Message and His messengers. You cannot blame YHVH God of Israel for that.

Santa Monica, CA

#3345 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there done that I have rejected the indoctrination that you have accepted dose that make me wrong NO it makes you brainwashed.
In case you have forgotten "the ORIGIN of species", abiogenesis is part of the myth (lie) of evolution perhaps it is you who need to attend a biology class for further indoctrination you seem to have slipped up on the basics.
There all done, do you have anything else.
You are ignorant. And so stupid, it's funny.
Take a biology class, and this time LISTEN!

#3346 Jan 13, 2013
startracker2012 wrote:
<quoted text>No amount of evidence would be good enough for you. There is no 'belief' in scientific facts. There's just knowledge to accept. Acceptance of facts is not belief. Facts need no belief. Belief is left to the supernatural for which there is no verifiable evidence. If you had evidence of the supernatural, you wouldn't have belief either. You'd have acceptance of facts.
I agree there is no myth in scientific fact there is however the myth (lie) of evolution which is not made of any facts at best it is a manipulation of the fact of creation.

Location hidden

#3347 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
They all received home schooling of some kind st the highschool or higher level.
You need to re-read the list I gave you. Several were not home schooled at all. One even walked ten miles to the nearest school and rented a room from the school master in order to be educated. He had not received any schooling before that. Like I said, your lack of research is not my problem.

Take some advice from someone who is probably older than you (not that all old people have good advice) and do some research on things before printing out lists. It's easily done and doesn't really become an embarrassing point when you print off something you haven't researched.

Santa Monica, CA

#3348 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks very much for admitting to the myth (lie) of evolution.
So the myth (lie) of evolution is just that as you have admitted above, OK thanks for that.
I didn't. There is lots of evidence for evolution. You're setting up a false dichotomy.(Look up the term.) The false dichotomy is that either evolution is 100% proven, or it's a myth. If you knew anything about science, you'd know what I mean.
Colin The Idiot wrote:
Now lets have your "100% irrefutable proof that the creation story in Genesis is just a Bronze Age myth". I am waiting.
Done that several times.
For one thing, we need the sun to have day and night. The buy-bull has day and night going on before there is a sun.
Now, I can sort of understand how someone could say it's tale to let people know that god is the creator. But we can dismiss it as literally true. And that's before we get to Genesis 1:5.

Santa Monica, CA

#3349 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Mankind has generally(like yourself) chosen to ignore YHVH God of Israel, His Word, His Message and His messengers. You cannot blame YHVH God of Israel for that.
BS. He doesn't exist. The fact people don't agree on what he wants shows he doesn't exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Uncle Sam 233,138
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 10 min J RULES 23,262
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 40 min woodtick57 2,618
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 1 hr Dee 41
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr _Bad Company 1,458
God' existence 2 hr thetruth 86
$13.5m for jehovah’s witness sex victim 2 hr thetruth 3
More from around the web