Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#3269 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the two definitions you posted "Faith" and "Belief". Bothe prove my point that you need faith to live everyday.
No, you miss the point entirely.

Quote: 4. often Faith Christianity The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.
Unquote.

The point is that getting on a bus and expecting to reach your destination is justified and doesn't involve the religious sort of faith at all. Religious faith is unjustified.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#3270 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
No insect nor anything else evolves, there is no proof of this myth (lie) called evolution.
You lie. There is plenty of evidence that evolution occurs and occurred. You simply ignore it and its significance. While not 100% proof, it is as close as you can get in the real world.

What has been shown *wrong* is the idea that the universe is less than 20,000 years old, that species are static, and that there was a global flood of the earth.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#3271 Jan 13, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
garbage. The fact that species change over time and are therefore related has a huge impact on many areas of biology, making them more understandable. This is a very 'natural' aspect of the study of life.
<quoted text>
You are always free to ignore the truth, but you won't do very well when it comes to reality. Species change over geological time. That is evolution. The results of those changes are written in our DNA and tell the story of our ancestry as well as the ancestry of other species. Your belief in superstitious nonsense doesn't help with understanding reality.
All species that change are exhibiting there in build design feature to adapt to their environment, evolution makes the following claims.
1) Life spontaneously evolved in a puddle.
2) Given enough time and change a species will evolve into a new species.
3) Enough small changes over enough time will produce the evolution of new species.
4) DNA contains historically catalogued data.
All of the above are mythical made up by men who were trying to disprove the existence of YHVH God of Israel. I do not choose to ignore the truth I chose to ignore the myth (lie) of evolution, it has no place in my life, my history, my work or the initiation of life as we know it to have been created.

#3272 Jan 13, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
You religous people always want proof for evolution yet you offer ZERO proof for your cults beliefs......DOUBLE STANDARD MUCH??????
So do you have 100% irrefutable proof for evolution or not.

#3273 Jan 13, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
You lie. There is plenty of evidence that evolution occurs and occurred. You simply ignore it and its significance. While not 100% proof, it is as close as you can get in the real world.
What has been shown *wrong* is the idea that the universe is less than 20,000 years old, that species are static, and that there was a global flood of the earth.
Ok post such proof then if you have it.
Including your 100% proof for the age of the universe.
And you proof there was never a world wide flood.

#3274 Jan 13, 2013
[QUOTE who="EdSedThe point is that getting on a bus and expecting to reach your destination is justified and doesn't involve the religious sort of faith at all.[/QUOTE]

Tell that to the families of the victims of the next public transport crash.
Lincoln

United States

#3275 Jan 13, 2013
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh lol, good one, tilting at windmills, thats a funny expressiold be sometimes considered mad speculating in this wonderland philosophy tries to understand. my metaphorical top hat, it keeps me cool and can be something I may use to sit on upon rock hard opinions.
I feel though I must apologise for setting baits, especially the last one about this crusade which was for another, I don't know if you meant enition in the name of atheism - for as i now understand it, it isn't a belief system that disproves god, just says that an individual is one who simply doesn't believe in god.ods are part of the superstitions being ended in this crusade, atheism begins to represent something like a religion, wouldn't you say?
Bibi may have screwed Israel by backing Mitt in the Pres. Election?
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

#3276 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you have 100% irrefutable proof for evolution or not.
It is about 75% for sure....DO YOU HAVE ANY I MEAN EVEN 1% PROOF OF YOUR GOD?????????

#3277 Jan 13, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
It is about 75% for sure....DO YOU HAVE ANY I MEAN EVEN 1% PROOF OF YOUR GOD?????????
Yes I do it is called creation: Your 75% possible is 25% impossible that odds that just don't make the grade.

#3278 Jan 13, 2013
We have once again come back to the "evolution is fact" line. Here is the challenge I have been posting here for the past few months. Anyone willing to take it up.

Challenge for the evolutions: post your 100% irrefutable evidence you continually claim to have.

Prove that the myth (lie) of evolution is not a myth (lie).

write a scientific paper get it published in a reputable scientific journal proving evolution 10% factual.
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

#3279 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do it is called creation: Your 75% possible is 25% impossible that odds that just don't make the grade.
WHAT?????????? You use creation as proof for creation???????

WHAT A FORKING IDIOT ..........I WANT PROOF OF YOUR GOD AND BUYBULL/.........NOW OR SHUT UP YOU DAM NAZI PIG......
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#3280 Jan 13, 2013
'Monkey see monkey do,'

THE END.

#3281 Jan 13, 2013
We have once again come back to the "evolution is fact" line. Here is the challenge I have been posting here for the past few months. Anyone willing to take it up.

Challenge for the evolutions: post your 100% irrefutable evidence you continually claim to have.

write a scientific paper get it published in a reputable scientific journal proving evolution 100% factual.

#3282 Jan 13, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT?????????? You use creation as proof for creation???????
WHAT A ..........edited due to extreme foul language and insults.)......
Once again we see the raise of foul language and insults, why do people who have nothing to say always respond this way; well it is simply because they have nothing intelligent to say.

Using creation as proof of creation is like using an apple to prove the existence of the apple. Very simple and logical.

#3283 Jan 13, 2013
Jumper wrote:
'Monkey see monkey do,'
THE END.
Thank you "Jumper" that sums up the myth (lie) of evolution and the follower of the myth very well.
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

#3284 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
write a scientific paper get it published in a reputable scientific journal proving evolution 100% factual.
YOU POST YOUR FACT OF YOUR BUYBULL AND GOD FIRST..........

Evolution is fact because any school,world wide teaches evolution as fact...NO SCHOOL TEACHES CREATION AS ANYTHING BUT A CULT MYTH.

PROVE ME WRONG MORON....
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

#3285 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again we see the raise of foul language and insults, why do people who have nothing to say always respond this way; well it is simply because they have nothing intelligent to say.
Using creation as proof of creation is like using an apple to prove the existence of the apple. Very simple and logical.
A apple can be produced to prove apples MORON...PRODUCE A GOD AND THE PROOF HE IS REAL..........

COME ON..........COME ON..........COME ON??????????

WHAT NO PROOF OF YOUR FLYING JEW SPACE DADDY???????

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3286 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
The Myth (lie) of evolution is just that a myth (lie) until it can be conclusive proven.
Yes, evolution has been conclusively proven. But *nothing* in the real world is 100%. You see, conclusively proven is not the same as 100%.
There is no real evidence for the myth (Lie) called evolution, if you have some, take up my challenge.
Before we go there, what do *you* think that it means to say that species evolve? I ask this to see if you are even talking the same language when it comes to this subject.
There is only one creator of everything YHVH God of Israel any others making that claim are not gods they are imposters.
And your god is also a figment of your imagination. There are *no* creator gods. ALL gods are figments of the imagination of the human species.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3287 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
So according to your definition you cannot have faith in the unseen or unknown.
Depends a bit on your definitions. Ultraviolet light is 'unseen', but it can be detected and analyzed.

No, I cannot have confidence in an unknown. By definition, it is unknown so confidence is unjustified. Outside of verifiable evidence, confidence is misplaced and dangerous.
So unless you personally know the people who designed and built every aspect of your life, you have no faith in them. I feel sorry for you.
This seems a very strange concept to me. I don't have *faith* in other people. I have *confidence* built upon experience. I know that cars work, so I have confidence that the people that build cars know at least something about what they are doing. I know bridges work, so I have at least some confidence that the people who build bridges know what they are doing. This is confidence built upon observation and experience.

That is *very* different than religious 'faith', where the very idea of testability is forbidden. The very idea that we should subject our idea to testing and be skeptical of those who make outrageous claims is against the whole religious mindset.
Lincoln

United States

#3288 Jan 13, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>

And your God is also a figment of your imagination. There are *no* creator Gods. ALL gods are figments of the imagination of the human species.
...written like a true believer, Eric Hoffer style.

"Someone who thinks the world is always cheating him is right. He is missing that wonderful feeling of trust in someone or something."
Eric Hoffer

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 4 hr Eagle 12 2,407
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr Joe fortuna 232,877
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 10 hr _Bad Company 23,198
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 14 hr Pahu 33
God' existence 14 hr Carchar king 63
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 14 hr Carchar king 138
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 21 hr Crazy Mess 1
More from around the web