Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
3,081 - 3,100 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013
SWOSWO

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

&li st=PL5A42AEFD1398D7E2

tagit

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Atheism begins as a disease of the soul before it becomes befuddled thinking.
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
YHVH does not need to “Show Himself” to prove anything to anyone, if that is how weak you are then that would be your problem not mine. Ever heard of the 6 day war. Israel would survive even if the entire world went against her you see YHVH God of Israel will fight for His land and His people.
WELL I WONT FOLLOW A CULT UNLESS THE CULT MEMBERS HAVE PROOF THERE SO CALLED GOD CAN SHOW ME SOMETHING......
THE USA COULD WIPE ISRAHELL FORM FACE OF PLANET IN LIKE WHAT....1 HOUR...FEW WELL PLACED NUKES AND BYE BYE ISRAHELL..........

Now unless you have some proof of your god and can give him a call to come tell me he is real all I will do IS CALL YOU A NUT JOB AND INSANE FOR YOUR CULT RELIGOUS BELIEFS,...
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

tagit wrote:
Atheism begins as a disease of the soul before it becomes befuddled thinking.
Atheism is the beginning of WISDOM AND THOUGHT.....
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever take public transport with out faith in the driver or fly on a plane with out faith in the pilot or the ground maintenance crew.
Yes. I judge, based on past experience and what I know about the transport system, that I will probably make the journey safely and probably enjoy it.
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith comes in many guises.
I don't confuse religious faith with a limited faith based only on reason and evidence.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/faith

One should only believe anything as far as the belief can be justified by reason and evidence.

One shouldn't just 'have faith' any more than one should just 'have doubt' or 'have confidence'.(Perhaps one should just 'have fun':-)

I think many people say they have faith because we are raised in the west to assume that faith is a good thing. It isn't inherently good or bad.

People say things like 'everybody needs something to believe in'. That is to misundesrtand what belief is...
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/belief
Belief in the general sense is a natural consequence of what one considers supported by reason and evidence. In the religious sense it might be said to mean believing something because one's faith is strong and good; or because one 'needs to believe in something'- i.e. religious faith is simple nonsense.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Any god who needs to use the myth (lie) of evolution to gain his means is not any god at all.
As you know very little of the true God YHVH God of Israel your attempts to cures go unnoticed.
Evolution is not a lie. It is a scientific theory based on the evidence. So any deity that made *this* universe is, according to you, no god at all.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone has faith in something. It just depends where you chose to put it.
Normal 'faith' in other people is a result of experience and a knowledge of people. That is ultimately evidence based. Religious faith, on the other hand is based on belief without evidence. It is based on the idea that faith without evidence is better than confidence because of evidence (normal faith).

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever take public transport with out faith in the driver or fly on a plane with out faith in the pilot or the ground maintenance crew. Faith comes in many guises.
Confidence based on rules of this society and the knowledge that most people follow the rules is evidence based and so it quite different from religious faith. Religious faith is belief without or instead of evidence. THAT is a dereliction of our duty to think.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
WELL I WONT FOLLOW A CULT UNLESS THE CULT MEMBERS HAVE PROOF THERE SO CALLED GOD CAN SHOW ME SOMETHING......
THE USA COULD WIPE ISRAHELL FORM FACE OF PLANET IN LIKE WHAT....1 HOUR...FEW WELL PLACED NUKES AND BYE BYE ISRAHELL..........
Now unless you have some proof of your god and can give him a call to come tell me he is real all I will do IS CALL YOU A NUT JOB AND INSANE FOR YOUR CULT RELIGOUS BELIEFS,...
Believe what you will, the anger that you are firing at me is obviously for something else, why are you angry with YHVH God of Israel?
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is the beginning of WISDOM AND THOUGHT.....
? I think you know nicer atheists than me :-)

I don't think you help the atheist case to suggest that atheists are wiser or more thoughtful than religionists,(nor vice versa). Wisdom and thought aren't the prerogative of either.

(There is some evidence I have read that atheists, statistically speaking, have the higher average IQ. However, didn't 'some scientific studies' once say that about men and women?)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. I judge, based on past experience and what I know about the transport system, that I will probably make the journey safely and probably enjoy it.
<quoted text>I don't confuse religious faith with a limited faith based only on reason and evidence.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/faith
One should only believe anything as far as the belief can be justified by reason and evidence.
One shouldn't just 'have faith' any more than one should just 'have doubt' or 'have confidence'.(Perhaps one should just 'have fun':-)
I think many people say they have faith because we are raised in the west to assume that faith is a good thing. It isn't inherently good or bad.
People say things like 'everybody needs something to believe in'. That is to misundesrtand what belief is...
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/belief
Belief in the general sense is a natural consequence of what one considers supported by reason and evidence. In the religious sense it might be said to mean believing something because one's faith is strong and good; or because one 'needs to believe in something'- i.e. religious faith is simple nonsense.
I like the two definitions you posted "Faith" and "Belief". Bothe prove my point that you need faith to live everyday.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarily true that with "religion all morality is still "opinion" if God has truly spoken as He has in the Bible. If God has spoken then morality is not just human opinion.
Sure it is. We still have to interpret or guess the intentions of your deity. So, in the end, it is still based on the opinion of people attempting to know the unknowable.
God may indeed speak to others but He would never command someone to murder. That would violate His commandments.
That is your opinion. It is not supported by the Bible (depending, of course, on your interpretation of the word 'murder').
I agree gods do not exist but the true God does. If God does not exist then we live in a absurd and irrational universe.
No supernatural beings exist. That does not mean we live in absurd and irrational universe; just that we are not the center of the universe.
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe what you will, the anger that you are firing at me is obviously for something else, why are you angry with YHVH God of Israel?
I am angry at you religous freaks because of all your attacks on freedom and equality and all your wanting toc ontrol others personal lives.

I am not mad at your god because your god is not real.....

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
The myth (lie) of evolution has been placed into all aspects of biology it has no natural place there so evolutionists have planted it there.
garbage. The fact that species change over time and are therefore related has a huge impact on many areas of biology, making them more understandable. This is a very 'natural' aspect of the study of life.
Next time I continue my work on the effects of amino acids and proteins on the individual cells in the human muscular system I will remember to tell myself not to forget to once again ignore the myth (lie) of evolution. When looking at embryonic structures and development I will remember the lies and fraud taught to so many evolutionary biology students. All that I will do while thanking YHVH God of Israel for his creation.
You are always free to ignore the truth, but you won't do very well when it comes to reality. Species change over geological time. That is evolution. The results of those changes are written in our DNA and tell the story of our ancestry as well as the ancestry of other species. Your belief in superstitious nonsense doesn't help with understanding reality.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is not a lie. It is a scientific theory based on the evidence. So any deity that made *this* universe is, according to you, no god at all.
The Myth (lie) of evolution is just that a myth (lie) until it can be conclusive proven. There is no real evidence for the myth (Lie) called evolution, if you have some, take up my challenge.
There is only one creator of everything YHVH God of Israel any others making that claim are not gods they are imposters.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Normal 'faith' in other people is a result of experience and a knowledge of people. That is ultimately evidence based. Religious faith, on the other hand is based on belief without evidence. It is based on the idea that faith without evidence is better than confidence because of evidence (normal faith).
So according to your definition you cannot have faith in the unseen or unknown. So unless you personally know the people who designed and built every aspect of your life, you have no faith in them. I feel sorry for you.

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooo, the first thing you find is where you hang your metaphorical hat? I don't think so. I would be more inclined to believe you have an entire host of 'resources' that back up your particular opinions.
Read my post again, Don Quixote. I do not care to read or discuss your speculations. I would say I'm more of a rationalist, make of that what you will.
Oh lol, good one, tilting at windmills, thats a funny expression. I guess it would be sometimes considered mad speculating in this wonderland philosophy tries to understand. I do fancy my metaphorical top hat, it keeps me cool and can be something I may use to sit on upon rock hard opinions.

I feel though I must apologise for setting baits, especially the last one about this crusade which was for another, I don't know if you meant ending superstition in the name of atheism - for as i now understand it, it isn't a belief system that disproves god, just says that an individual is one who simply doesn't believe in god. So if gods are part of the superstitions being ended in this crusade, atheism begins to represent something like a religion, wouldn't you say?
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
The Myth (lie) of evolution is just that a myth (lie) until it can be conclusive proven. There is no real evidence for the myth (Lie) called evolution, if you have some, take up my challenge.
There is only one creator of everything YHVH God of Israel any others making that claim are not gods they are imposters.
You religous people always want proof for evolution yet you offer ZERO proof for your cults beliefs......DOUBLE STANDARD MUCH??????

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

inv e wrote:
@ Hidingfromyou and anyone else interested who has more knowledge on the subject than I.
Im tyring to look at this as objectively as I can. Say, for life to come into being it must have been preceeded from one before.
Why? This is an assumption about the nature of life which goes against the evidence of what life is: a complex collection of chemical reactions acting in such a way as to preserve internal state and reproduce.
For there to be a 'reason' for a being to come into existence, it has to have come from the one before. Now, let us say we are all such, if I may call contingent beings.
Sounds too Aristotelian for my tastes. The whole concept of necessary and contingent existence is faulty at base.
If that is the case, here is my question, if evolution explains the process and following our hypothesis earlier, for there to be a reason for one being coming into existence it must have been preceeded by infinite such beings?
Why would you think that?
Or did life come into existence because the conditions were right?
yes.
Maybe by following reason, the big bang theory may explain where the elements came from, but how did living, moving, life begin if it didn't come from infinity? It would be interesting to find out one day...
What do you think it means to be alive? Do you think there is some 'extra' substance above the atoms and molecules in yoru body that makes you alive? If so, you are holding onto a very old and disproven idea about life. There is no 'vital force' that distinguishes life from non-life. the difference is merely the complexity of the interaction of the atoms and molecules.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Confidence based on rules of this society and the knowledge that most people follow the rules is evidence based and so it quite different from religious faith. Religious faith is belief without or instead of evidence. THAT is a dereliction of our duty to think.
Who sets the rules of society? And who sets the rules by which you live?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••