Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
3,041 - 3,060 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#3208 Jan 13, 2013
RHill wrote:
Hell, I'm from Texas. I've been through tornadoes, hurricanes and lightning storms that would make a believer outta anybody. Almost anybody. LOL
Same here in Missouri minus the hurricanes, but we have earthquakes so I would think we're pretty well even;0)

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#3209 Jan 13, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>

God does no ask you to kill the Child Next Door, unless you hear voices?
are you irrational ?
Sooo....didn't your god ask some guy to kill his own son? Perhaps it is your god who is irrational.....

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#3210 Jan 13, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes You do Rand !
Are you the moderator in your mind?
-
"My morals
are be based on the foundation of verifiable common interests, known causes and known consequences.
While yours are based on an you base your whole moral system on an unproveable supernatural being.
We've already seen how your morals mean that you approve of genocide and infanticide as well approving of the murder of homosexuals and anyone who wishes to exercise religious freedom.
Your morals also mean you approve of mutilating babies genitals and suppressing your women.
Anyway,
I can't help but notice
your failure to answer my question (yet again).
So let's have another go....
IF your god ordered you to kiext door to you, would you obey?
Note my use of the word "if" as opposed to "when".
I'm not saying
that your monster God will order you to do it, I'm saying "if"."
Self important in your rant?
You don't answer questions - you make accusations

Troll

I'm not feeding you anymore

Nottingham, UK

#3211 Jan 13, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Your morals are still based on opinion. Who cares if they "are based on the foundation of verifiable common interests, known causes and known consequences." If someone doesn't want to live on this kind of thing they are not doing anything wrong.
If God ordered someone to "kill the child next door to you" that person would first have to prove that God did indeed command this. So you have to ask how could they prove this? What would count as proof?
What would count as proof of the supreme creator being of the universe?

Perhaps if he moves the stars in the sky to spell out his name and the most important rule of his particular holy book. Whether it be the Quran, Bible, Gita, Avesta, etc

Nottingham, UK

#3212 Jan 13, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarily true that with "religion all morality is still "opinion" if God has truly spoken as He has in the Bible. If God has spoken then morality is not just human opinion.
Not all things in the Bible are applicable to us today. The New Testament, which is the primary foundation for belief and practice never commands a person to kill witches, keep slaves or that women are to be subservient to men.
God may indeed speak to others but He would never command someone to murder. That would violate His commandments.
I agree gods do not exist but the true God does. If God does not exist then we live in a absurd and irrational universe.
What proof do you accept for your god?

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#3213 Jan 13, 2013
RHill wrote:
An interesting little article that impinges on some of our topics ...
" http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm... ;
Now, all I need to learn to do is cooperate (for peace of mind's sake) versus conflict (with superstitious, apologetic, denying, thick skulled.....oh, nevermind). Still, an interesting article for all campartments of my mind;0)
Lincoln

United States

#3214 Jan 13, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't answer questions - you make accusations
Troll
I'm not feeding you anymore
Actually as
a Troll
you feed us all :-)
-
" What proof do you accept for your God?"
-
None needed! Based on Faith.
Does faith bother you as a Troll?

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#3215 Jan 13, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews with their Torah, the Muslims with their Qu'ran, the Christians with their Bible ... three reasons Mankind will never know peace. Y'all suck.
The mindless brainwashed evolutionists with nothing; that is why the world is lost to the truth.

#3216 Jan 13, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You can answer it clearer - you can say "Yes" or "No"
Despite what you think; I don't want you to say "No" and I don't want you to say "Yes".
I just want an honest answer to an honest question.
If your god materialised in front of you and instructed you to kill the little girl next door, would you obey him?
Yes or No?
That question is so very loaded and any action without the proper testing against the Torah (as we are instructed in the Torah do to) to the questions. My answer still stands as previously. I know that YHVH would not as that of me or anyone else for that matter so If a spiritual being appeared before me and instructed me to kill a child next door would I do it NO, because I would be 100% guaranteed that it is not from YHVH.

#3217 Jan 13, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is the framework theory for all the biological sciences. It doesn't actually speak to the existence of deities directly.
You're confused about science at the most elementary levels. That's why you are unable to "believe" in science; all your "knowledge" is dogmatic, something you believe because you were told to.
That's quite the opposite of science. No wonder you are incapable of understanding evolution.
The myth (lie) of evolution has been placed into all aspects of biology it has no natural place there so evolutionists have planted it there. Next time I continue my work on the effects of amino acids and proteins on the individual cells in the human muscular system I will remember to tell myself not to forget to once again ignore the myth (lie) of evolution. When looking at embryonic structures and development I will remember the lies and fraud taught to so many evolutionary biology students. All that I will do while thanking YHVH God of Israel for his creation.

Nottingham, UK

#3218 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
That question is so very loaded and any action without the proper testing against the Torah (as we are instructed in the Torah do to) to the questions. My answer still stands as previously. I know that YHVH would not as that of me or anyone else for that matter so If a spiritual being appeared before me and instructed me to kill a child next door would I do it NO, because I would be 100% guaranteed that it is not from YHVH.
It's not loaded

It's simply an honest question.

However, don't worry about it because in a round about way you've answered it

Clearly you know your god very well indeed, so you'd be able to tell whether he was for real. If you believed he was for real and he commanded you to slit the throat of the little girl next door, you'd do it in a New York Minute.

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

#3219 Jan 13, 2013
RHill wrote:
Hell, I'm from Texas. I've been through tornadoes, hurricanes and lightning storms that would make a believer outta anybody. Almost anybody. LOL
Lol true, we on cyclone season at the moment, actually on cyclone warning alert today, but from the news feeds that flow my way - about some natural disaster wreaking havoc that part of the states, it probably would send me down into the deepest room of the monastery too haha
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#3220 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
The Myth (lie) of evolution explains how man would like to to have been if there was no God, but there is a God, YHVH God of Irael and he created everything as discribed in the Bible. A
COLIN-THE-ARROGANT INSULTS GOD HERSELF AND COLIN IS HEADED STRAIGHT TO HELL ON THE HELL TRAIN EXPRESS

lolllll. Colin-the-Moron is unable to respond in any meaningful manner to my post, proving the final words of my post. Colin is very arrogant and boastful that he alone knows what god is about:

EVOLUTION IS THE SOLE SCIENTIFIC THEORY WHICH EXPLAINS ALL THE KNOWN EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE

If there is a better explanation for all the known empirical data, no one has been able to find it as yet. Science is a self-correcting field where theories, no matter how cherished, will be refuted if validated evidence comes to light that is inconsistent with the theory. To date, the theory of evolution has stood the test of time and repeated experimental research.
Religion on the other hand has no self-correcting mechanism and religious beliefs are entrenched dogma that persists regardless of how ridiculous it is demonstrated to be.
The thing is that most religious people are not very bright and cannot understand scientific inquiry so they dismiss that which they do not comprehend. There is great arrogance in ignorance and no one is more arrogant and more ignorant than true-believer religious nuts.
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#3221 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
The myth (lie) of evolution has been placed into all aspects of biology it has no natural place there so evolutionists have planted it there. Next time I continue my work on the effects of amino acids and proteins on the individual cells in the human muscular system I will remember to tell myself not to forget to once again ignore the myth (lie) of evolution. When looking at embryonic structures and development I will remember the lies and fraud taught to so many evolutionary biology students. All that I will do while thanking YHVH God of Israel for his creation.
COLIN WILL ROAST IN THE HOTTEST FIRES OF HELL FOR HIS ARROGANCE AND BLASPHEMY AGAINST GOD AND HIS CREATIONS

God clearly invented the Theory of Evolution, if there is a god! But Colin-the-Arrogant believes he alone is in a position to judge the works of god and that everyone else is wrong and only he Colin is right! Colin dismisses the artefacts and data as being of no relevance because it is not in his man-made bible text, which are the words of man!!!

COLIN, FOR YOUR ARROGANCE, YOU ARE GOING STRAIGHT TO HELL, YOU UNREPENTANT SERVANT OF SATAN!!!
Lincoln

United States

#3222 Jan 13, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not loaded
Clearly you know your God very well indeed, so you'd be able to tell whether he was for real. If you believed he was for real and he commanded you to

slit the throat of the little girl next door, you'd do it in a New York Minute.
"......slit the throat of the little girl next door, you'd do it in a New York Minute..."

Bob Dylan presented a superior account
"Well Abe says,“Where do you want this killin’ done?”
God says,“Out on Highway 61”

You use the Bible to attack God.

Do you believe in the Bible or God?

No answer expected, of course :-)

"so you'd be able to tell whether he was for real..."

Are you for real?

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

#3223 Jan 13, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
I think ancient goat herders were trying to understand where lightning came from and Thor was their best answer at the time.(Or whatever deity they envisioned.)
I find it interesting that every deity ever invented always hates the same people it's "followers" hate, and never ever seems to disagree with the believer.
Also, have you ever noticed that the incidents of "miracles" is inversely proportional to the availability of camera phones?
These ancient goat herders may look at me in a disapproving way, seeing me, who has a few goats of mine own commenting on them lol.
I won't deny believers back then and even up to today still use God as an explanation of all natural wonders or horrors where the advancement of science may offer a better one.
We have our own self-proclaimed healer our side of the world, one person was wholly convinced he was healed he laid off his meds, but unfortunately died a few days later :/. I think people should always cast a suspicious eye on such things, even theists & atheists
I have huge respect for the ancestors and ancients before us. If gods were invented- the addition of supernatural powers might have been used to add weight to moral teachings. Some people, from my experience by the unfortunate circumstances -that have moulded him/her, only understand fear, they would refuse to work in the common interest because they weren't given such kind treatment. Can't say for other people, but from my experience it's a mean, highly irrational world - mens interaction with one another. In this world, regardless of education, it can drive victims into the darkest, loneliest place with no apparent way out. In third world countries like mine, it will be many years before people can afford therapy, if that's the best answer. If happiness is self-deceipt, shall we also ask, if god is not real, would humanistic compassion urge us to say he may be necessary?(just offering a different view)

#3224 Jan 13, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not loaded
Clearly you know your god very well indeed, so you'd be able to tell whether he was for real. If you believed he was for real and he commanded you to slit the throat of the little girl next door, you'd do it in a New York Minute.
I would like you to see it form my point of view, there are many here on this thread and others who have tried their hardest to trip me and others up with loaded questions and twisted words. I am very cautions all the time.

#3225 Jan 13, 2013
Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>
COLIN WILL ROAST IN THE HOTTEST FIRES OF HELL FOR HIS ARROGANCE AND BLASPHEMY AGAINST GOD AND HIS CREATIONS
God clearly invented the Theory of Evolution, if there is a god! But Colin-the-Arrogant believes he alone is in a position to judge the works of god and that everyone else is wrong and only he Colin is right! Colin dismisses the artefacts and data as being of no relevance because it is not in his man-made bible text, which are the words of man!!!
COLIN, FOR YOUR ARROGANCE, YOU ARE GOING STRAIGHT TO HELL, YOU UNREPENTANT SERVANT OF SATAN!!!
Any god who needs to use the myth (lie) of evolution to gain his means is not any god at all.
As you know very little of the true God YHVH God of Israel your attempts to cures go unnoticed.

Nottingham, UK

#3227 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like you to see it form my point of view, there are many here on this thread and others who have tried their hardest to trip me and others up with loaded questions and twisted words. I am very cautions all the time.
You're ok

I think I see where you're coming from:

You genuinely don't believe that your god would ask such a thing of you. However, if your deity materialised in front of you and you were sure in yourself that it truly was he, then you'd do absolutely anything he asked of you.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3228 Jan 13, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
What proof do you accept for your god?
Before I can answer that do you believe that a god could exist and there could be evidence for such a being?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 8 min Patrick 38
100% Faith Free 27 min Patrick 13
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! 32 min Patrick 6
The Ultimate Evidence of God 36 min Patrick 60
Our world came from nothing? 45 min CunningLinguist 429
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Anon 226,368
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 6 hr Patrick 52
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••