Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 150)

Showing posts 2,981 - 3,000 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
So God is no better than...Hitler or Stalin? They chose to kill people as well.
Yea right, how can you compare YHVH God of Israel to mere mortal man.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea right, how can you compare YHVH God of Israel to mere mortal man.
Because god was created by man, get over it.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>The historical reference is buybull history(meaning bible myth), and not Egyptian history.
For questions pertaining to evolution, I suggest you take those queries to the evolution forum, where those well versed in evolutions details can adequately answer them.
While I do believe that evolution is truth, I am neither well versed in it's details, nor do I wish to be. If it were a passion of mine, I might frequent the evolution threads, instead of the atheist threads.
Next your lies do you no credit. It is easily seen that I mentioned insects trapped in amber, but did not claim that all insect species had been so trapped. But whether they were or weren't, an insect is defined as having at least 6 legs.
Leviticus 11:20–23 says,“All flying insects that creep on all fours shall be an abomination to you. Yet these you may eat of every flying insect that creeps on all fours: those which have jointed legs above their feet with which to leap on the earth. These you may eat: the locust after its kind, the destroying locust after its kind, the cricket after its kind, and the grasshopper after its kind.”
There are far more references to both Moses and the Exodus you really do need to do some real historical research, you will be amazed.\
This thread is on way more than just the atheists thread I am on the Israel thread right now it is wide spread Oh they too refuse to try to answers them some have even admitted they don't know that no one knows.
So once again if not all insects we caught by the wonderful amber how do you know there has never been a 4 legged insect. The definitions of 6 legs is a relatively new one not at all old enough to be realted to anything more than 250 years ago.

Next I was waiting for your Leviticus reference to prove a very interesting point

Lev 14: KJV
20All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you.
21Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth;
22Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind.
23But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.
No mention of 4 legged insects, you see you have to refer to the original Hebrew not a translation it is like any document it looses in translation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Because god was created by man, get over it.
I know you gods of evolutionism and darwinism are man made so yes you are right, however YHVH God of Israel is the creator of all, That you need to understand.
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Because God was created by man, get over it.
Or you just typed an opinion, get over it?
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

THE BIBLE IS A WORK OF FICTION AND ALL THE MAIN CHARACTERS ARE PURELY FICTIONAL CHARACTERS

There was no Jesus, no Moses, no Abraham, no exodus from Egypt, no Joseph and all the other bs. There are no CONTEMPORANEOUS accounts of Jesus or exodus in any records or the epoch when the events were supposed to happen. There is only one obscure mention of the name Moses, which does not corroborate the biblical bs. Christianity as a religion was plagiarized from other earlier religions and myths.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
There are far more references to both Moses and the Exodus you really do need to do some real historical research, you will be amazed.\
This thread is on way more than just the atheists thread I am on the Israel thread right now it is wide spread Oh they too refuse to try to answers them some have even admitted they don't know that no one knows.
So once again if not all insects we caught by the wonderful amber how do you know there has never been a 4 legged insect. The definitions of 6 legs is a relatively new one not at all old enough to be realted to anything more than 250 years ago.
Next I was waiting for your Leviticus reference to prove a very interesting point
Lev 14: KJV
20All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you.
21Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth;
22Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind.
23But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.
No mention of 4 legged insects, you see you have to refer to the original Hebrew not a translation it is like any document it looses in translation
Actually the four legged birds and bugs, really mean that the creators of your god, were seriously doing the heavy duty shrooms. I will repeat this one more time for you, by definition an insect will have 6 or more legs, the definition is not a thing that once had four legs.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
No one is putting any limits on YHVHs authority. I don't know where you picked that one up.
You are every time you try and worm your way out of answering my questions by saying "YHVH wouldn't do that", or words to that effect.

Let's try again:

IF your god ordered you to kill the child next door to you, would you obey?

Note my use of the word "if" as opposed to "when". I'm not saying that your monster god will order you to do it, I'm saying "if".
Colin The Zionist wrote:
David went againse a direct instruction form YHVH easy as that.
So because of that, it was a good thing that 70,000 innocent people who didn't disobey your monster god were killed?
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

EVOLUTION IS THE SOLE SCIENTIFIC THEORY WHICH EXPLAINS ALL THE KNOWN EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE

If there is a better explanation for all the known empirical data, no one has been able to find it as yet. Science is a self-correcting field where theories, no matter how cherished, will be refuted if validated evidence comes to light that is inconsistent with the theory. To date, the theory of evolution has stood the test of time and repeated experimental research.
Religion on the other hand has no self-correcting mechanism and religious beliefs are entrenched dogma that persists regardless of how ridiculous it is demonstrated to be.
The thing is that most religious people are not very bright and cannot understand scientific inquiry so they dismiss that which they do not comprehend. There is great arrogance in ignorance and no one is more arrogant and more ignorant than true-believer religious nuts.

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

But there is no proof for the last one beyond your imagination.
wrongrighter_wins wrote:
<quoted text>
well now ya see there is a hole in that bucket.
cause lots of things are better than we are
chocolate ice cream
fresh coffee
a good nights sleep
the beauty of nature on a blissful day
friends who make us laugh
and last but not least
God.
those are the things i count as better than me..

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
It would appear that way.
Your sense of morality is truly warped.

Why did they deserve to die?

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you need a bit more egyptology, the Bible does not mention 4 legged insects and if there were at that time they may simply be extinct. and not caught in amber Yes prayer does work as the Bible says, just not the way man wants it to work.
Why do you try to argue against facts and not answer the challenge I put to all you evolutionists
What facts?

I know prayer works

We've seen how it worked for the 9/11 bombers.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so you don't believe in the myth (lie) of evolution. Good my challenge was to the believers and followers of the myth ( lie) of evolution.
Next are you claiming that all insect species ever have been preserved in amber. I seriously doubt that, sounds like Hollywood to me. But consider this what you do know you do and what you don't know you don't. Besides the Bible does not talk about any 4 legged insects.
Yes there is historical references to both Moses and the exodus
Historical references to Moses?

Where?

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he chose to and the lone of Messiah had to come from David
Why didn't your monster god simply teach David a lesson by killing him in a slow and agonisingly painful way?

Then he could have resurrected him.

By the way, pretty much everyone in the time of Jesus was descended from David, if that is, David actually existed.

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

@ Hidingfromyou and anyone else interested who has more knowledge on the subject than I.
Im tyring to look at this as objectively as I can. Say, for life to come into being it must have been preceeded from one before. For there to be a 'reason' for a being to come into existence, it has to have come from the one before. Now, let us say we are all such, if I may call contingent beings.
If that is the case, here is my question, if evolution explains the process and following our hypothesis earlier, for there to be a reason for one being coming into existence it must have been preceeded by infinite such beings? Or did life come into existence because the conditions were right?
Maybe by following reason, the big bang theory may explain where the elements came from, but how did living, moving, life begin if it didn't come from infinity? It would be interesting to find out one day...

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

I noticed you AGAIN refused to answer any Of my questions and went right back to obfuscating and trying to worm your Fox News atheism is a religion talking points. Not going to work, sorry.

Now answer my questions and I will answer yours, fair enough?
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, nice one. I guess this question is not for the atheists, but more specifically empiricists. Is truth something imagined up by men too? If so, yet here we are fighting for this make belief emperor of truth. Or is there a metaphysical aspect to truth?
Just incase, i come with a Definition: empiricism - the doctrine that all knowledge is derived from sense experience.
Closing churches? well, may reason be with you and all the best on your crusade..lol forgive me, i know a poor choice of words, couldn't help it.haha.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>But that didn't happen. Joseph wasn't David's descendant, and neither was Jehovah, Immanuel was never born from that lineage, and no woman's heritage was ever to be considered. Biblically speaking woman was the vessel, and man the source of life. She was the dirt in which the seed was planted.
They (insects) as all live things do, continue to evolve. The so called creator of the bible myth, knew nothing of creation, or his story would not have had Adam, the farm animal search among the beast of the field, for his helpmeet(mate). Adam was the only thing not created to procreate, but only to till the soil. That god's oversight failed to be corrected by his first solution, so the creator claimed to make a exact DNA clone of Adam, which if Adam were hermaphrodite, no DNA problem would have been encountered, but since it is assumed that he was created as solely male, then Adam and Eve were both men, and could not have begat a single human being.
YHVH did not need to be a descendant of David and both Miriam and Yoseph were.

No insect nor anything else evolves, there is no proof of this myth (lie) called evolution.
Let me explain the whole "helpmeet" situation for you YHVH was showing man that he was different to all other created life, he was not looking for mans mate. You can debate all you like about the DNA that YHVH used to make Eve, what stands to reason is that Adam was full 100% man Eve was fully 100% woman, YHVH could very easily, as creator of everything changed the relative pairings of DNA. Which I am sure he did.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't your monster god simply teach David a lesson by killing him in a slow and agonisingly painful way?
Then he could have resurrected him.
By the way, pretty much everyone in the time of Jesus was descended from David, if that is, David actually existed.
YHVH God of Israel is not a monster no contest there.
Not everyone at the time of Yehoshua Messiah were descended form David, there were still many other Judeans, Levites and Danites living in the land of Judea, it is also well known that many of the so called "lost Tribes" were still located in the area at the time.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Your sense of morality is truly warped.
Why did they deserve to die?
On what do you base any morals you have no notiong of true morals untill you base them on the Torah.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Actually the four legged birds and bugs, really mean that the creators of your god, were seriously doing the heavy duty shrooms. I will repeat this one more time for you, by definition an insect will have 6 or more legs, the definition is not a thing that once had four legs.
Learn Hebrew, that is the language that the Torah was wtitten in Ony then can you comment at word level.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,981 - 3,000 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••