Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
2,941 - 2,960 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#3105 Jan 12, 2013
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, nice one. I guess this question is not for the atheists, but more specifically empiricists. Is truth something imagined up by men too? If so, yet here we are fighting for this make belief emperor of truth. Or is there a metaphysical aspect to truth?
Just incase, i come with a Definition: empiricism - the doctrine that all knowledge is derived from sense experience.
Closing churches? well, may reason be with you and all the best on your crusade..lol forgive me, i know a poor choice of words, couldn't help it.haha.
Once again, you seem to have doctine on the brain. Empiricism/rationalism are concepts yes. Don't know exactly how this came up. Empiricism:

1.The theory that all knowledge is derived from sense-experience.
2.Practice based on experiment and observation.

Truth is not imagined unless you accept imagined concepts as proof of your truth. You seem to be tilting at a lot of make believe windmills....your life, your choice, but please don't project it on others.

Again, what is not perceptable (metaphysical) has little to do with truth (cold, hard facts). You can philosophize until the cows come home, I just don't care to read it.

Yes, our campaign to eradicate superstition will go on. Metaphysics, brain waves, positive energy, etc. not particularly necessary.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#3106 Jan 12, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler, Eichmann and Himler were Christians,
Once again you open your mouth and out pours verbal diarroea

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#3107 Jan 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Benjamin Netanyahu backed Romney in 2012.:-)
All troops out of Afghanistan by 2014.
Perhaps so, but then the speculation of this was always followed by a question mark, wasn't it?

Politics makes strange bedfellows. American idiom.

#3108 Jan 12, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY???????? So not child has gotten cancer and suffered in pain and died??????????No child has die of crib death????????? god never allowed a child to be tortured and raped and killed??????
REALLY???????? Because if your god cared so much for kids he wouldnt let that happen would he
Cancer is a result of diet and environment, it is not cussed by YHVH. Human kind chose to be sin some chose to remain in that sinful state (like yourself) don't blame YHVH for your personal choices, He could have created us like robots mindlessly obeying Him but what would be the fun in that. instead you and so many others mindlessly obey man and follow the myth (lie) of evolution.

#3109 Jan 12, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as I am better than nothing, I'm good enough.
Then you must be very rotten because you are not better than nothing you are not better than anything not even the humble amoeba

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#3110 Jan 12, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you must be very rotten because you are not better than nothing you are not better than anything not even the humble amoeba
Can't you just FEEL the Christian LOVE??? <sarc>

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

#3111 Jan 12, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you seem to have doctine on the brain. Empiricism/rationalism are concepts yes. Don't know exactly how this came up. Empiricism:
1.The theory that all knowledge is derived from sense-experience.
2.Practice based on experiment and observation.
Truth is not imagined unless you accept imagined concepts as proof of your truth. You seem to be tilting at a lot of make believe windmills....your life, your choice, but please don't project it on others.
Again, what is not perceptable (metaphysical) has little to do with truth (cold, hard facts). You can philosophize until the cows come home, I just don't care to read it.
Yes, our campaign to eradicate superstition will go on. Metaphysics, brain waves, positive energy, etc. not particularly necessary.
I base my argument on the definition I find. I also find myself to have partially adopted an Immanuel Kant approach on this subject,'There can be no knowledge without sensation, but sense data cannot alone provide knowledge either.'. I don't know if I should apologise for approaching this pretty much philosophical topic in a way you call philosophising. Before we continue, let's again try agree on the definition of empiricism, is it not a doctrine? Its not simply a 'not-something' here, so we can at least probably put an argument together..
just me

Madison, WV

#3112 Jan 12, 2013
Atheist mark 666 It has already been written. We're just waiting for the time to arrive.

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

#3113 Jan 12, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a whole Topix Forum dedicated to Evolution with a lot of threads in it -- " http://www.topix.com/news/evolution" ;
The people that want to argue it in the Atheism Forum are not capable of understanding the first thing about what science or evolution is. They think they're attacking the foundation of atheistic thought when in fact all they are doing is showing everybody how pathetically uneducated they are.
True..

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#3114 Jan 12, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
The buy bull may very well be fictional I would not know I don't know what it is. Is it an evolutionary book in that case I agree
I don't know why Colin is so coy about it, but he is a member of one of several fundie Christian sects that don't call themselves "Christian", they all accept the OT and the gospels, but some don't accept the writings of Paul. They call Jesus "Yahshua" or something similar.
Lincoln

United States

#3115 Jan 12, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps so, but then the speculation of this was always followed by a question mark, wasn't it?
Politics makes strange bedfellows. American idiom.
Pakistan has the atomic bomb, why the worry regarding Iran?
Bibi isolates Israel from her friends.
Bibi messed up relations with Turkey.
US has gown tired of Near East wars.
peace
Lincoln

United States

#3116 Jan 12, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know why you would object to Hitler being a Christian then. You are probably lying. Christians do that a lot ya know.
May be a college near where you might take a course in World War II history.
In class, do tell them your theories ....

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#3117 Jan 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
You most likely are misinterpreting a old document having little to do with the existence of God.
In 20th century atheist in power murdered millions. As a result turning to atheism is not an easy solution.
Hitler,
Stalin,
Lenin,
Castro,
Trotsky,
Kamenev,
Zinoviev,
Khrushchev
Brezhnev
Mao,
Himler,
Eichmann
all examples of atheists in power.
Doubt if they will be trusted with power in the future.
Don't know if they were all atheists or not, but since they didn't kill in the name of atheism, since they didn't say they were killing people because there was no god, I don't see why it would matter.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#3118 Jan 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not my fault that creationism sucks the life out of the US national education system....
fighting it by posting on a thread?
Students use the web for information doubt if creationism wins the argument :-)
Interesting ..
PRINCETON, NJ -- More than 9 in 10 Americans still say "yes" when asked the basic question "Do you believe in God?"; this is down only slightly from the 1940s, when Gallup first asked this question.
The percentages who more definitively say there is no God are generally 6% or 7% across these questions, similar to the 7% or 8% who do not believe in God in the questions asked this year. This suggests that most Americans do believe in God.
Nah, I'm just here procrastinating. I usually fight it by teaching students how education works at uni.

Why do you keep posting how strongly Americans answer that they believe in God in polls?
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#3119 Jan 12, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Cancer is a result of diet and environment, it is not cussed by YHVH. Human kind chose to be sin some chose to remain in that sinful state (like yourself) don't blame YHVH for your personal choices, He could have created us like robots mindlessly obeying Him but what would be the fun in that. instead you and so many others mindlessly obey man and follow the myth (lie) of evolution.
WHAT I THOUGHT YOUR GOD WAS ALL POWERFULL AND CARED FOR HIS CHILDREN??????????
FORK YHVH!!!!!!!!!! HE IS A MADE UP BS GOD...
Lincoln

United States

#3120 Jan 12, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, I'm just here procrastinating. I usually fight it by teaching students how education works at uni.
Why do you keep posting how strongly Americans answer that they believe in God in polls?
Think students the most important, do this student thing as well. Teachers teach one thing students look up the other.
Texas can teach creationism but the web contradicts.

The percentage thing is so American. Polls on everything. Polls just for fun!
This is as God believing country according to The Economist articles.
May be important to see the role of religion in US history both positive and negative. Martin Luther King thought segregation and racism were sins.
Peace!

#3121 Jan 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know why Colin is so coy about it, but he is a member of one of several fundie Christian sects that don't call themselves "Christian", they all accept the OT and the gospels, but some don't accept the writings of Paul. They call Jesus "Yahshua" or something similar.
Mostly correct we are just not a christian sect, a Jewish sect yes.

#3122 Jan 12, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT I THOUGHT YOUR GOD WAS ALL POWERFULL AND CARED FOR HIS CHILDREN??????????
YHVH!!!!!!!!!! HE IS A MADE UP BS GOD...
He is, He does, He is not

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#3123 Jan 12, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
There may have been 4 legged insects, prayer works. The Egyptians do know about Moses
Now what about that life from s puddle bit.
The Egyptians have no history of a Moses, insects are partially defined by the fact that they have six legs (history bears this out, think insects in amber) and if prayer worked, as the bible says it does, there would have never been a sick, nor poor Christain.

“Handsome white and black men”

Since: Jan 10

Interracial love

#3124 Jan 12, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
First YHVH God of Israel is not limited he chooses not to violate the Torah. Which included David going against His command
So 70k people deserve to die because of David's actions

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min atheism is destru... 226,360
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! 33 min Patrick 3
The Ultimate Evidence of God 1 hr Ben_Masada 57
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 1 hr Patrick 52
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 2 hr Patrick 173
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 2 hr Patrick 14
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr Patrick 425
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••