Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
2,921 - 2,940 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY???????? So not child has gotten cancer and suffered in pain and died??????????No child has die of crib death????????? god never allowed a child to be tortured and raped and killed??????
REALLY???????? Because if your god cared so much for kids he wouldnt let that happen would he
Godbots never let the facts stand in their way.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you like putting limits on your God's authority?
<quoted text>
So because David commissioned the census he killed 70,000 people?
What is good about this?
You most likely are misinterpreting a old document having little to do with the existence of God.

In 20th century atheist in power murdered millions. As a result turning to atheism is not an easy solution.
Hitler,
Stalin,
Lenin,
Castro,
Trotsky,
Kamenev,
Zinoviev,
Khrushchev
Brezhnev
Mao,
Himler,
Eichmann
all examples of atheists in power.
Doubt if they will be trusted with power in the future.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Give it up guys!

Atheisim has no PR.

Atleast we got a best selling book and a movie deal.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
You most likely are misinterpreting a old document having little to do with the existence of God.
It's refreshing that you think of the Bible like that! Keep it up!
Lincoln wrote:
In 20th century atheist in power murdered millions. As a result turning to atheism is not an easy solution.
Hitler,
Stalin,
Lenin,
Castro,
Trotsky,
Kamenev,
Zinoviev,
Khrushchev
Brezhnev
Mao,
Himler,
Eichmann
Twelve names - not all of them atheists.

It pales besides the number of Christians who have killed when in power.

Also, those Christians killed people using the technology of the time. If the technology of the 20th century had been available to Christians in power, the carnage would have been horrific.
Lincoln wrote:
Given that all twelve are now dead, it's highly unlikely.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler,
Stalin,
Lenin,
Castro,
Trotsky,
Kamenev,
Zinoviev,
Khrushchev
Brezhnev
Mao,
Himler,
Eichmann
Hitler, Eichmann and Himler were Christians, dumbazz

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
the buybull says god is like a heavenly father...and that he is pure goodness......WELL I WOULD DO ANYTHING I COULD TO KEEP MY KIDS FROM HAR,,....GUESS GOD DEOSNT CARE ONE BIT ABOUT HIS SO CALLED KIDS....
You're right, he doesn't.

Yet being a Christian means believing the god of the Bible fed the Israelites with food from heaven, yet he does nothing to feed the 25,000 who die every day from starvation.

What a monster!
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, he doesn't.
Yet being a Christian means believing the god of the Bible fed the Israelites with food from heaven, yet he does nothing to feed the 25,000 who die every day from starvation.
What a monster!
Funny how there god did all this great feats of god magic 2000 YEARS AGO AND HAS DONE NOTHING SINCE THE IGNROANT GOAT HERDERS WROTE THE BUYBULL...

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
More like we have pointed out the emperor isn't wearing any clothes while the believers argue what color his cloak is. Reason is winning the day as more churches close daily at record numbers.
<quoted text>
Lol, nice one. I guess this question is not for the atheists, but more specifically empiricists. Is truth something imagined up by men too? If so, yet here we are fighting for this make belief emperor of truth. Or is there a metaphysical aspect to truth?
Just incase, i come with a Definition: empiricism - the doctrine that all knowledge is derived from sense experience.
Closing churches? well, may reason be with you and all the best on your crusade..lol forgive me, i know a poor choice of words, couldn't help it.haha.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Atheists like to pretend Hitler
was Not a Nazi
gassing nuns and priests
but a Christian.:-)

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
It's like I can almost read their mind. It would go like this... Hey! Ann Coulter on Fox News said atheism is a religion of non belief! And that they are more dogmatic and unreasonable than most Christians! You atheists are supposed to be blown away by this argument and admit that atheism is indeed a religion! Hey dammit! Why ain't you guys doing what she and all those apologetic websites said you'd do?!! Holy sht now you are asking questions trying to make me use reason? How dare you! Best just repeat again and again that you are a religion and run like hell when asked a question... Ya that's the ticket!
<quoted text>
Fox News is the first hint that the person suffers from masochistic tendcies, severe self esteem issues and is certainly not the brightest bulb in the package.

They have pat answers that they think are so profound, simple semantics for the simple minded....*sighs*
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
Atheists like to pretend Hitler
was Not a Nazi
gassing nuns and priests
but a Christian.:-)
UM DUMB AZZ....HITLER WAS A CATHOLIC AND MANY CATHOLICS FROM THE VATICAN SUPPORTED HIM....DUH CURRENT POPE WAS A HITLER YOUTH MEMBER..

Sit down your lies are sad and stupid.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
HITLER WAS A CATHOLIC A
"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it".
Adolf Hitler

You believe Hitler....:-)

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always supported (mostly in my heart) the Israeli people who seem possessed with an admirable courage and determination. A "survival of the fittest" culture living in an extremely hostile environment. In reality, I know nothing of their politics

I feel dizzy and nauseous. Say it ain't so.
Don't worry, it ain't so. Listen to Benjamin Netanyahu for awhile and your tummy will calm down;0)

"I often hear them accuse Israel of Judaizing Jerusalem. That's like accusing America of Americanizing Washington, or the British of Anglicizing London. You know why we're called 'Jews'? Because we come from Judea."
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/b/b...
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry, it ain't so. Listen to Benjamin Netanyahu for awhile and your tummy will calm down;0)
"I often hear them accuse Israel of Judaizing Jerusalem. That's like accusing America of Americanizing Washington, or the British of Anglicizing London. You know why we're called 'Jews'? Because we come from Judea."
http://www.brainyquote.com ors/b/benjamin_netanyahu.html# lqHjdShR8C3O03rK.99
Benjamin Netanyahu backed Romney in 2012.:-)
All troops out of Afghanistan by 2014.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it".
Adolf Hitler
No Hitler was you GOP slimes hero..I hated the naiz fascist puke...He was also backed by the Catholic church...FACT FACT FACT......Your lies dont fly hitler boy./
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
No Hitler was you GOP s..........
Obama in 2008 and 2012
Kerry 2004
Gore 2000
Clinton 1992 and 1996.

Libraries have several books on World War II

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Adolf Hitler
You believe you are a Christian because you believe you follow the teachings of Christ.

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.”–Adolf Hitler (Mein Kampf)

Hitler was just as Christian as you are.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe you are a Christian because you believe you follow the teachings of Christ.

Hitler was just as Christian as you are.
Never claimed to be a Christian.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Never claimed to be a Christian.
Don't know why you would object to Hitler being a Christian then. You are probably lying. Christians do that a lot ya know.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you like putting limits on your god's authority?
<quoted text>
So because David commissioned the census he killed 70,000 people?
What is good about this?
No one is putting any limits on YHVHs authority. I don't know where you picked that one up.

David went againse a direct instruction form YHVH easy as that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••