Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#3024 Jan 12, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeing as thou I know the Torah well on multiple levels why would I say any different.
Yes YHVH instructs people killed in the Torah, as creator that is His right.
Millions have been killed in the name of humanism then name adolf hitler comes to mind, not to mention polpot, starlin and so many other humanist barbarians over the years.
So what your god says, goes? No wonder you ran away from my question about obeying your god.

You've just shown that if he did instruct you to kill a child you would follow his instructions to the letter and without question.

What a sick and twisted individual your belief system has made you.

Oh yeah. Hitler, Polpot and Stalin were Humanists?

You're getting desperate, aren't you?

Nottingham, UK

#3025 Jan 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubt if God has killed people unless you are a stick Holy Bible Believer.
I don't believe the god of the Bible exists, so in that respect it's impossible to believe he killed anyone.

Colin firmly believes that his god has killed millions.

However, you know what's worse?

It's that according to Colin's warped sense of ethics, every single killing is an act of transcendent love.

Nottingham, UK

#3026 Jan 12, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Khatru! I miss you lots and lots! How are you doing???
One question: why do you think we enjoy bothering these crazed religious nuts?
I mean, I enjoy it. But it's like punching children and kicking the canes out from old men with Parkinson's. Not that difficult.
A total guilty pleasure, to take advantage of these intellectually deficient, irrational and borderline insane believers. I really wonder what childhood issues I'm working out by patiently explaining how reality works to idiotic creationist after idiotic creationist.
Hi Hiding!

Great to see you back!

Life is good and I'm appreciative of that.

I know what you mean about idiot creationists. Their whole belief system collapses when it's some other god that's doing the creating.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#3027 Jan 12, 2013
No and no.
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on did you do the math yet, or is that above your ability level
Lincoln

United States

#3028 Jan 12, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
First, and most importantly, Parkinson's disease is not funny. However, debating with creationist Christians is roughly as difficult as kicking out the canes of the elderly with Parkinson's disease.
In fact, creationist Christians are much, much more likely to interfere with the biological knowledge necessary to treat Parkinson's disease. If you are a creationist, you are damaging your country.
Second, I'm glad to see the numbers dropping in America with regards to belief in God. That's heartwarming and bodes well for the future.
Third, it's yet extremely disturbing that America has so many religious people skewing its education system and affecting its foreign policy.
Fourth and last, you grossly misunderstood my previous post. Your inability to understand is not a my-problem thing, and is likely tied to your religious beliefs.
"........is likely tied to your religious beliefs" No!

President of the US is Christian, celebrated Christmas in the White House, lit the White House Christmas Tree.

Public Schools will close for Easter, one week.

"I'm glad to see the numbers dropping in America with regards to belief in God." Difficult to determine.

Secularism in government seem declining.
In God We Trust on coins, etc

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#3029 Jan 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
President of the US is Christian, celebrated Christmas in the White House, lit the White House Christmas Tree.
"I'm glad to see the numbers dropping in America with regards to belief in God." Difficult to determine.
...so?

You don't really care much for discussion, hey?

I honestly don't care much about how religious your nation is, beyond how disturbing that is on the world stage.

I really like your nation - that religion undermines your ability to produce science is mortifying. But it's also good for someone like me. I'm not American. So one of your state universities chose me over American students because they couldn't cut it. And one of the reasons is because of the attack on education by creationists and the declining nature of education in the USA.

That's a terrible thing, it truly is. I'd like the US to remain on top because it acts to stabilize the world - and, given your terrifying military might, when you start declining seriously, that's going to be a danger to the entire world. Also, the US is best poised to finance the world's future scientific undertaking - although, let's be honest, that ability is being destroyed little by little and taken over by other nations. It sucks, but China is very likely going to take the lead in all kinds of sciences soonish - and, really, we can put the blame squarely on creationism. Your country will, if this trend continues, be secondary to China's production of research - do you honestly want this?

Yet I did and do benefit from your declining education system. Thanks, I guess. I'm sorry to take advantage of you guys this way. But you know what? I love science and I love research and teaching and if you guys don't measure up, because of religion, I'm happy to fill the void that creationism has created.

It's not my fault that creationism sucks the life out of the US national education system and I do everything I can to fight it.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#3030 Jan 12, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Hiding!
Great to see you back!
Life is good and I'm appreciative of that.
I know what you mean about idiot creationists. Their whole belief system collapses when it's some other god that's doing the creating.
Hello young man! Just passing through, can't stay - too much to do!

But I miss all the nice people here and thought I would stop by and see the state of the union, as it were.

:)

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#3031 Jan 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was born "god" wasn't on our money nor in our pledge, so yes, we seem to have hit a bump in the road and lost some of our secular heritage. But we're working on correcting this.

Again, review post #2759 (" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;).

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#3032 Jan 12, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello young man! Just passing through, can't stay - too much to do!
But I miss all the nice people here and thought I would stop by and see the state of the union, as it were.
:)
We're still inundated with sheeple who desperately cling to their invisible friend mythology for solace and live in abject fear of things they don't understand.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#3033 Jan 12, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was born "god" wasn't on our money nor in our pledge, so yes, we seem to have hit a bump in the road and lost some of our secular heritage. But we're working on correcting this.
Again, review post #2759 (" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;).
All founding fathers were dead before the fascist satrted adding god to this and that....This nation was founded as a secular FREE nation...Then the puritan TRAITORS moved in and have tryed to change it.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#3034 Jan 12, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you don't want superstitions why is the myth (lie) of evolution that in schools, it is baseless.
Why would the world fall apart if creation was taught in schools?
Because evolution is how things actually happened as shown by the evidence. That you ignore or dismiss that evidence doesn't mean it isn't there or that it doesn't show evolution happened. The scientific consensus is for evolution because they actually want to be right and so they follow the evidence. Instead, the religious nuts decide ahead of time what has to be true and try to wedge all evidence into their system.

if creationism becomes common, the very fact that it is wrong will mean things will fail. Just as Lysenko's ideas on genetics, which so appealed to the Soviets, still failed in the real world, creationist 'ideas' have been shown false because they actually fail in the real world.
Lincoln

United States

#3035 Jan 12, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
...so?
You don't really care much for discussion, hey?
I honestly don't care much about how religious your nation is, beyond how disturbing that is on the world stage.
I really like your nation - that religion undermines your ability to produce science is mortifying. But it's also good for someone like me. I'm not American. So one of your state universities chose me over American students because they couldn't cut it. And one of the reasons is because of the attack on education by creationists and the declining nature of education in the USA.
That's a terrible thing, it truly is. I'd like the US to remain on top because it acts to stabilize the world - and, given your terrifying military might, when you start declining seriously, that's going to be a danger to the entire world. Also, the US is best poised to finance the world's future scientific undertaking - although, let's be honest, that ability is being destroyed little by little and taken over by other nations. It sucks, but China is very likely going to take the lead in all kinds of sciences soonish - and, really, we can put the blame squarely on creationism. Your country will, if this trend continues, be secondary to China's production of research - do you honestly want this?
Yet I did and do benefit from your declining education system. Thanks, I guess. I'm sorry to take advantage of you guys this way. But you know what? I love science and I love research and teaching and if you guys don't measure up, because of religion, I'm happy to fill the void that creationism has created.
It's not my fault that creationism sucks the life out of the US national education system and I do everything I can to fight it.
It's not my fault that creationism sucks the life out of the US national education system....

fighting it by posting on a thread?

Students use the web for information doubt if creationism wins the argument :-)

Interesting ..

PRINCETON, NJ -- More than 9 in 10 Americans still say "yes" when asked the basic question "Do you believe in God?"; this is down only slightly from the 1940s, when Gallup first asked this question.

The percentages who more definitively say there is no God are generally 6% or 7% across these questions, similar to the 7% or 8% who do not believe in God in the questions asked this year. This suggests that most Americans do believe in God.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#3036 Jan 12, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, expressley atheistic regimes killed millions and millions of people in the last 100 years, they include the forced ukranian "famine" the Gulag Archepeligo, Pol Pots killing fields, Mao's grweat leap forward...and on & on.
These regimes had a express desire for building atotalitarian regimes were human rights ere seen as impediments to utopian visions.
As such, I have every reason to fear atheistic poltical and social ambitions more than religious ones.
Regadless of the existance or non-existance of God, I have every justification of fearing athesits over the possibility that the God of the old testament will flood the earth.
The Christian Vlad the Impaler killed thousands, the Christian Hitler killed millions. Seems religion offers no safe harbor from murdering bastages. Especially when the religious kill in the name of their God, while Atheists do not kill for religious motive at all. In fact, those you mentioned killed for non-religious reason.

So what was your point exactly?

#3037 Jan 12, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you don't want superstitions why is the myth (lie) of evolution that in schools, it is baseless.
Why would the world fall apart if creation was taught in schools?
Because it is scientifically useless. We would have people praying for cures rather than researching causes of illness.

#3038 Jan 12, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
As stated... the top physists themselves have developed a consensus that the porgins of the universe are predicated on the existance of a singular event that is metaphysical (beyond physics)and deied all known laws of the hsical universe.
Wether you cal this event metaphysical, supernatral or a miracle is simply semantics. The fact of the matter is that the sientific community itself subscribes to the concept that phenomina exist that defy any material explanation and that dont subject themselves to the known laws of physics.
This is not "simple" at all, nor is it "unmitigated BullCr@p!!"
What it is is highly sophisticated, beyond your knowledge base & seems to have upset your highly prejudice, indeed bigoted atheism that want to denounce all belief in a creator as mindless or stupid.
Nothing could be further from the case... Many many atheists are sophisticated and philisophically astute defenders of their belief.
Many, many more are like yourself, uneducated and inscure and only want to boost temselves up by tearing down some of the most advanced intellectual belief systems in the world.
The fact of the matter is the state of debate between atheism vs theism is presently very amiable to theistic arguments.
This was not the case 50 years ago but it is today. For the first time your finding out why.. I hope your ego can take it.
And again, just because science can not currently describe what happened at and prior to the big bang, that does not mean your God did it with magic.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#3039 Jan 12, 2013
Atheism will never replace God... thats to funny to even take serious.

#3040 Jan 12, 2013
wrongrighter_wins wrote:
Atheism will never replace God... thats to funny to even take serious.
It's hilarious. Sounds like a great bumper sticker or T-shirt. Without context, it is wonderfully ambiguous.

Location hidden

#3041 Jan 12, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hilarious. Sounds like a great bumper sticker or T-shirt. Without context, it is wonderfully ambiguous.
that would make a good bumper sticker wouldn't it?
how you doing today?

#3042 Jan 12, 2013
wrongrighter_wins wrote:
<quoted text>
that would make a good bumper sticker wouldn't it?
how you doing today?
Better than nothing, that's what people keep telling me. Personally, I see it as a personal goal.

:-)

Location hidden

#3043 Jan 12, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Better than nothing, that's what people keep telling me. Personally, I see it as a personal goal.
:-)
what you need to tell yourself is that you are gooder than good.
better than bestest..........
happier than a sack full of chuckles.

keep it sunny side up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Eman 22,934
Heaven 2 hr Patrick 7
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 2 hr Patrick 5,938
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr _Bad Company 724
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Patrick 228,598
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr _Bad Company 1,023
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 8 hr Jaimie 154

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE