Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,389

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story
Lincoln

United States

#3004 Jan 12, 2013
Doubt if God has killed people
unless you are
a strict Holy Bible Believer.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#3005 Jan 12, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
I can get a suntan that is adaptation an inbuilt design feature not the myth (lie) of evolution.
Being cooked (even slightly) is not a design feature.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#3007 Jan 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion seems safe and growing in America.
Easter Holidays will be celebrated by a week off in Public Schools.
"In God We Trust" seems official on coins
"God Bless America" sung before Baseball games.
75% of American believe in God, 35% in Europe -The Economist
Atheists do dominate threads and enjoy "kicking the canes out from old men with Parkinson..."
Real people have Parkison's which you seem to find funny
Which means the US has a ways to catch up.

Earth,TX

#3006 Jan 12, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
If you actually knew anything about the scriptures you would not make posts like that .
It's in the buybull, should it be ignored as just one of god's errors in judgement, and now he has changed his mind, so we need to let it go?

Earth,TX

#3008 Jan 12, 2013
Jumper wrote:
After the so-called fall of religion,Atheists will become a religion unto it's self.
... and the vapid hole is leaking again.

Earth,TX

#3009 Jan 12, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Khatru! I miss you lots and lots! How are you doing???
One question: why do you think we enjoy bothering these crazed religious nuts?
I mean, I enjoy it. But it's like punching children and kicking the canes out from old men with Parkinson's. Not that difficult.
A total guilty pleasure, to take advantage of these intellectually deficient, irrational and borderline insane believers. I really wonder what childhood issues I'm working out by patiently explaining how reality works to idiotic creationist after idiotic creationist.
It is not as if they are affected, it's more like they have voluntarily lined up for their free lobotomies. Well what else can we do but mock and shame them? I feel it is the only correct response, or how else can we deter even more of them from lining up to have their little brains scrambled?

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#3010 Jan 12, 2013
inv e wrote:
There probably could be a whole other thread, evolutionists vs creatinists. Some theists are evolutionists, some are creationists. Whether a particular atheists is an evolutionists or not, it isnt what makes one atheist.
But with such a wide arena bound to attract some notice, these two doctrine gladiators, created or natural enemies, usually first to step up. To simply kill with one swoop with of proof is not the name of the game, they must dance a dangerous dance seeking to win the hearts and mind of the crowd. Hoping that with the crowds shouts, the emperor of truth will stare down upon the victor and award him his freedom.. It can be quite entertaining..lol
There's a whole Topix Forum dedicated to Evolution with a lot of threads in it -- " http://www.topix.com/news/evolution" ;

The people that want to argue it in the Atheism Forum are not capable of understanding the first thing about what science or evolution is. They think they're attacking the foundation of atheistic thought when in fact all they are doing is showing everybody how pathetically uneducated they are.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#3011 Jan 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion seems safe and growing in America.
Easter Holidays will be celebrated by a week off in Public Schools.
"In God We Trust" seems official on coins
"God Bless America" sung before Baseball games.
75% of American believe in God, 35% in Europe -The Economist
Atheists do dominate threads and enjoy "kicking the canes out from old men with Parkinson..."
Real people have Parkison's which you seem to find funny
First, and most importantly, Parkinson's disease is not funny. However, debating with creationist Christians is roughly as difficult as kicking out the canes of the elderly with Parkinson's disease.

In fact, creationist Christians are much, much more likely to interfere with the biological knowledge necessary to treat Parkinson's disease. If you are a creationist, you are damaging your country.

Second, I'm glad to see the numbers dropping in America with regards to belief in God. That's heartwarming and bodes well for the future.

Third, it's yet extremely disturbing that America has so many religious people skewing its education system and affecting its foreign policy.

Fourth and last, you grossly misunderstood my previous post. Your inability to understand is not a my-problem thing, and is likely tied to your religious beliefs.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#3012 Jan 12, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>It is not as if they are affected, it's more like they have voluntarily lined up for their free lobotomies. Well what else can we do but mock and shame them? I feel it is the only correct response, or how else can we deter even more of them from lining up to have their little brains scrambled?
What else could I do? I could be watching a movie, reading news, working, playing an MMO, masturbating, taking drugs, any number of things. But here I am.

Yes, yes, certainly, creationists invite mocking. I've tried, with great and nearly unending patience, to help them but I give up. They are incapable of learning.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#3013 Jan 12, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
First YHVH God of Israel has showed Himself through His Torah, He will not violate His Torah.
Second no He has not.
Oh good gawd your a jew.....That explains it.....Insane...GOD IS NOT REAL NEVER WAS AND NEVER WILL BE....

Unless you have new proof never shown in last 2000 years sicne your cult was started????

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#3014 Jan 12, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
That does not matter but I am not in the US of A. But I do support the Steelers. Next year Super Bowl.
Do they have "separation of church and state" where you live?

Lexington, KY

#3015 Jan 12, 2013
It's like I can almost read their mind. It would go like this... Hey! Ann Coulter on Fox News said atheism is a religion of non belief! And that they are more dogmatic and unreasonable than most Christians! You atheists are supposed to be blown away by this argument and admit that atheism is indeed a religion! Hey dammit! Why ain't you guys doing what she and all those apologetic websites said you'd do?!! Holy sht now you are asking questions trying to make me use reason? How dare you! Best just repeat again and again that you are a religion and run like hell when asked a question... Ya that's the ticket!
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! What a novel idea!
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#3016 Jan 12, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they have "separation of church and state" where you live?
Zionist hate seperation of church and state...They love to control people lives and if the people complain BURN THEM AT THE STAKE RIP THERE HEART OUT.....oh and god bless them,....

Texas, USA

#3017 Jan 12, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Khatru! I miss you lots and lots! How are you doing???
One question: why do you think we enjoy bothering these crazed religious nuts?
I mean, I enjoy it. But it's like punching children and kicking the canes out from old men with Parkinson's. Not that difficult.
A total guilty pleasure, to take advantage of these intellectually deficient, irrational and borderline insane believers. I really wonder what childhood issues I'm working out by patiently explaining how reality works to idiotic creationist after idiotic creationist.
We need you Eggheads to say what us mortals struggle to put into words!

Lexington, KY

#3018 Jan 12, 2013
He is either a Poe or just way to stupid to even bother responding to perhaps a child himself/herself. Honestly Colin's posts read like a 13 year old typed them.
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly feel sorry for them. You can't even use the spell checker.

Lexington, KY

#3019 Jan 12, 2013
I doubt Colin has made it to high school. I predict a lonely fatboy who fears running laps.
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
HOLY CRAP MORON....EVERY REPUTABLE COLLEGE WORLD WIDE AND EVERY HIGHSCHOOL WORLD WIDE TECAHES EVOLUTION...where have you been.........
No scientist or true educator teaches anything but evolution./////////

Lexington, KY

#3020 Jan 12, 2013
More like we have pointed out the emperor isn't wearing any clothes while the believers argue what color his cloak is. Reason is winning the day as more churches close daily at record numbers.
inv e wrote:
There probably could be a whole other thread, evolutionists vs creatinists. Some theists are evolutionists, some are creationists. Whether a particular atheists is an evolutionists or not, it isnt what makes one atheist.
But with such a wide arena bound to attract some notice, these two doctrine gladiators, created or natural enemies, usually first to step up. To simply kill with one swoop with of proof is not the name of the game, they must dance a dangerous dance seeking to win the hearts and mind of the crowd. Hoping that with the crowds shouts, the emperor of truth will stare down upon the victor and award him his freedom.. It can be quite entertaining..lol
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#3021 Jan 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I doubt Colin has made it to high school. I predict a lonely fatboy who fears running laps.
<quoted text>
I am sure....I find funny is in the buybull it says how bad and evil glutony(fat) is and how evil greed(rich) is in fact it talks of those two 20 or mor times why only talks of same sex sin 5 total time 4 of which are in old testeament...which christians dont follow...SURE SEE ALOT OF FAT RICH SLOBS LEAVING CHURCH ON SUNDAY......

Texas, USA

#3022 Jan 12, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Zionist hate seperation of church and state...They love to control people lives and if the people complain BURN THEM AT THE STAKE RIP THERE HEART OUT.....oh and god bless them,....
I've always supported (mostly in my heart) the Israeli people who seem possessed with an admirable courage and determination. A "survival of the fittest" culture living in an extremely hostile environment. In reality, I know nothing of their politics or how new 'Jewish People' are brought up into their faith. To have survived as a recognizable entity after a history of unrelenting persecution (for killing Jesus and all) does suggest effective indoctrination. Maybe they get programmed 24/7/365 at home, work and school like their Muslim neighbors. Maybe I been supporting (mostly in my heart) another form of religious tyranny. "Colin the Zionist" certainly seems the product of such a process ... sullen, repetitious, closed minded, mouthing canned slogans like some kind of religious automaton.

I feel dizzy and nauseous. Say it ain't so.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#3023 Jan 12, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
First YHVH God of Israel has showed Himself through His Torah, He will not violate His Torah.
Once again, you place limits on what your god can/can't do.

I guess all that stuff about him being omnipotent is a lie.
Colin The Zionist wrote:
Second no He has not.
Yes he has.

How about the 70,000 people he killed because he was hacked off over David's census?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min sweets2360 230,860
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 17 min Chiclets 23,039
Evidence for God! 20 min tha Professor 37
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr _Bad Company 1,103
Former Atheist Academic Who Rejected God and Be... 6 hr Truth 73
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 15 hr Dally Mama 5,583
Atheist accused of leaving insulting religious ... (Mar '10) 17 hr thetruth 37

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE