Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#2984 Jan 11, 2013
tagit wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in denial. You could call everybody an atheist once you set your mind to it.
No, only atheists are atheists. Idjut.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#2985 Jan 11, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeing as thou I know the Torah well on multiple levels why would I say any different.
Yes YHVH instructs people killed in the Torah, as creator that is His right.
Millions have been killed in the name of humanism then name adolf hitler comes to mind, not to mention polpot, starlin and so many other humanist barbarians over the years.
I invoke Godwin's Law, assault of common sense and lack of couth;0)
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#2986 Jan 11, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you don't want superstitions why is the myth (lie) of evolution that in schools, it is baseless.
Why would the world fall apart if creation was taught in schools?
If evolution is a myth, what is your SCIENTIFIC explanation that explains all of the known empirical data?
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#2987 Jan 11, 2013
THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE ANYONE TALKS WITH COLIN THE TERRORIST

In real life, people laugh at morons like him and would never waste their time engaging in any conversation with him. One might as well go to the mad house and try to engage a sociopath in conversation on ethics. It is pointless.

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

#2988 Jan 11, 2013
There probably could be a whole other thread, evolutionists vs creatinists. Some theists are evolutionists, some are creationists. Whether a particular atheists is an evolutionists or not, it isnt what makes one atheist.
But with such a wide arena bound to attract some notice, these two doctrine gladiators, created or natural enemies, usually first to step up. To simply kill with one swoop with of proof is not the name of the game, they must dance a dangerous dance seeking to win the hearts and mind of the crowd. Hoping that with the crowds shouts, the emperor of truth will stare down upon the victor and award him his freedom.. It can be quite entertaining..lol
Lincoln

United States

#2989 Jan 11, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
As G.K Chesterton said..."The problem with ill-religion is not that people will believe in nothing its that they will believe in anything"
Certainly on a philisophical level it is possible for an atheist to adhere to any number of ethical, religious or socio-political worldviews..
As a pratical matter however, atheists tend ton be just as suseptable to geoupthink as other people..
The most horrible manifestation of this is their often ethical and moral relativism and penchant for rule utilitarianism.
This has been dramtized in the fact that the worlds expresslyatheistic regimes have been by far and away the most in-human and muderous. With Marxisms dialectical materalism being reponsible for 100 million dead.
Is Marxisms dialectical materalism strictly atheist ?

Economic determinism can also be Christian.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#2990 Jan 11, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
So you cannot handle the truth either. Just wonderful.

#2991 Jan 11, 2013
Aliroger1 wrote:
THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE ANYONE TALKS WITH COLIN THE TERRORIST
In real life, people laugh at morons like him and would never waste their time engaging in any conversation with him. One might as well go to the mad house and try to engage a sociopath in conversation on ethics. It is pointless.
So you have come to join in welcome muslim terrorist.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#2992 Jan 11, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have finally found the ability to spell Bible correctly well done. All you need to do now is read the truth.
Truth, ha, ha. It's not in the buybull.

Imagine the amount of bull you'd have to buy, to believe what's in it, and we know you don't believe it, either.

Tell me how do you feel about dragging your compadres out to their deaths? Can you lob a stone, aimed at those mockers of your gods rules, who would dare wear mixed fibers?

Earth,TX

#2993 Jan 11, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Your problem is not adaptations it is time. You don't have enough of it.
Evolution is adaptation. Get used to it.

#2994 Jan 11, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution is adaptation. Get used to it.
Ok lets put it all together the myth (lie) of evolution is adaptation. Adaptation had never brought new information or species, life did
not appear out of a puddle due to adaptation. Creation happened about 6000 years ago. Adaptation is an inbuilt design feature of all organic life.
Yes I can get use to that adaptation is a created design feature.

#2995 Jan 11, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
No that is the darwism laws

Earth,TX

#2996 Jan 12, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok lets put it all together the myth (lie) of evolution is adaptation. Adaptation had never brought new information or species, life did
not appear out of a puddle due to adaptation. Creation happened about 6000 years ago. Adaptation is an inbuilt design feature of all organic life.
Yes I can get use to that adaptation is a created design feature.
Adaptation is the response to new information. It is not the cause, it is the effect. So yeah, you don't even get a D- for that effort.

There are a billion found and billions more pieces of proof still hidden beneath the earths surface, that prove evolution is reality, and you take a badly written book with obvious lies. Lies that were used to build it basis, and holding that book up over actual evidence, says only one thing about you. You are terrified to face life, as it truly is.

You are trying hard to maintain a lie, for something you know is real. It has been repeatedly shown to you, how evolution has worked. Yet to retain your creationist facade, you simply must not know, what you know. Willful blindness is as sad as it gets, until it is set beside your breakdown of what you want evolution to add up to. And that is as sad as it could possibly be.

What cannot be, you pretend is real. There is no god who would sanction the crap that is in the Abrahamic religion's, holy tomes. That god is not a god, that god is a threat from the spell casters, to keep your kind filling the tithing envelopes and collection plates, and quietly handing over your children to be used.

Earth,TX

#2997 Jan 12, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would the Bible not count, it is a 100% accurate historical record of the events, if you can prove otherwise pleas do.
Except the part about 4 legged insects, rabbits who chew cud, birds which lactate, in his name prayers working, Adam and Eve were to die the day they ate of the fruit, and, and, and, and ...

Damn this could go on for weeks with all the things that aren't true in the bible. And b-t-w, the Egyptians didn't know anybody named Moses

Earth,TX

#2998 Jan 12, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't replace the name, we use the correct name as he would have been called while he was here on earth. Yes the Torah is still value as I already said that
Does the Sanhedrin have the same value?
Lincoln

United States

#2999 Jan 12, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful, uour God may take a dim view of such a presumption.
Who are you to say whether he is full or complete, or indeed to comment on what he needs/doesn't need to do?
He's killed people for doing less than what you say.
Doubt if God has killed people unless you are a stick Holy Bible Believer.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#3000 Jan 12, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Still hiding I see perhaps that is because you don't want people to see just how wrong you are.
Evolution provides no answers, only speculation. It us open for anyone to speculate and be proved wrong. It has no factual basis it has no footing in reality. It is a myth (lie)
Both if your scenarios ate stupid and have no base in reality.
What, you want me to write my real name down here and my address?

Sorry, you are utterly wrong about evolution. It's a fact. It's proven beyond any realm of doubt. Only those utterly indoctrinated into ignorant religious belief could, against all rationality, logic and reason, be opposed to it.

Both of my scenarios - the existence of pathogens and how are bodies deal with them - "ate stupid" huh?

Alright, please tell me how creationism deals explains pathogens and what predictions and solutions it offers.

Then link me to a single scientific paper that makes use of your creationist paradigm. Just one, if you can.

If you cannot link to a single scientific study, if you cannot produce a theoretical framework for creationism, then you have nothing. Literally nothing but empty belief.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#3001 Jan 12, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right - you can't possibly say that because you know your beliefs do contain instructions to kill people.
So let's see now.
Torah - instructions to kill people? Yes
Humanism - instructions to kill people? No
That says it all.
Hi Khatru! I miss you lots and lots! How are you doing???

One question: why do you think we enjoy bothering these crazed religious nuts?

I mean, I enjoy it. But it's like punching children and kicking the canes out from old men with Parkinson's. Not that difficult.

A total guilty pleasure, to take advantage of these intellectually deficient, irrational and borderline insane believers. I really wonder what childhood issues I'm working out by patiently explaining how reality works to idiotic creationist after idiotic creationist.

Earth,TX

#3002 Jan 12, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Snd you claim yo be able to reason. What a joke you can't even read properly
Prove that your viewpoint negates the viewpoints of others.
Lincoln

United States

#3003 Jan 12, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Khatru! I miss you lots and lots! How are you doing???
One question: why do you think we enjoy bothering these crazed religious nuts?
I mean, I enjoy it. But it's like punching children and kicking the canes out from old men with Parkinson's. Not that difficult.
A total guilty pleasure, to take advantage of these intellectually deficient, irrational and borderline insane believers. I really wonder what childhood issues I'm working out by patiently explaining how reality works to idiotic creationist after idiotic creationist.
Religion seems safe and growing in America.

Easter Holidays will be celebrated by a week off in Public Schools.

"In God We Trust" seems official on coins

"God Bless America" sung before Baseball games.

75% of American believe in God, 35% in Europe -The Economist

Atheists do dominate threads and enjoy "kicking the canes out from old men with Parkinson..."

Real people have Parkison's which you seem to find funny

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min Rosa_Winkel 233,109
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 30 min Morse 2,615
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 56 min SnuffAGlobalist 18
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Morse 23,260
$13.5m for jehovah’s witness sex victim 4 hr P_Smith 2
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 4 hr P_Smith 9
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 7 hr Morse 1,455
More from around the web