Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
2,741 - 2,760 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#2903 Jan 11, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you should have no problem citing your sources. I'll wait ....
Now you want other people to hold your hand and do your homework for you?

Your already on the internet, you should have no trouble informing yourself about the debates in cutting edge physics.

This should not be difficult for you because what I state is infact the current status of the debate..

If you ion the other hand want to quote me sources that say that modern physiscs has proven a universe before the big bang...I WONT wait..

Because I would be waiting forever

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#2904 Jan 11, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you want other people to hold your hand and do your homework for you?
Your already on the internet, you should have no trouble informing yourself about the debates in cutting edge physics.
This should not be difficult for you because what I state is infact the current status of the debate..
If you ion the other hand want to quote me sources that say that modern physiscs has proven a universe before the big bang...I WONT wait..
Because I would be waiting forever
Science has established as a fact that Energy has never been created nor destroyed.

It has also established as a fact that everything in the universe is comprised of energy in various forms.

The energy of the universe has always been, no creator was ever required.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#2905 Jan 11, 2013
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your post. I guess you're right, this is controversial topic and so it would be expected.
I came with something to argue, but it seems it probably isnt for something so broad as Atheism, bounded by one awefully simple thing, "not-theist".
how one becomes 'not-atheist' is almost as varied as how one becomes 'theist'. To bring all atheists together might saying to all theists to come together. To say call one a sect, a branch off theism might just as firmly be rejected as calling another - a branch off atheism.
Maybe the debate or arguments should not be theists and atheists, but things more specific.. just my humble opinion..
Your "argument" applicability would depend on what the subject is.

Yes, strictly speaking atheism is just not-theism, but we have a broad assortment of mindsets and world views available here.

Polymath is really a math and physics whiz and can delve into levels of science that I only conceptually grasp.

Hidingfromyou works in anthropology and has deep knowledge of biological evolution.

ItAintNecessarilySo (affectionally known as IANS) is a retire MD with a very broad understanding of the sciences.

You just have to be willing to ignore the ad hominem and troll mentalities as their only purpose is to get an emotional response out of you.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#2906 Jan 11, 2013
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your post. I guess you're right, this is controversial topic and so it would be expected.
I came with something to argue, but it seems it probably isnt for something so broad as Atheism, bounded by one awefully simple thing, "not-theist".
how one becomes 'not-atheist' is almost as varied as how one becomes 'theist'. To bring all atheists together might saying to all theists to come together. To say call one a sect, a branch off theism might just as firmly be rejected as calling another - a branch off atheism.
Maybe the debate or arguments should not be theists and atheists, but things more specific.. just my humble opinion..
We'd first have to get people to understand that atheism is no more a belief system than not collecting stamps is a hobby.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#2907 Jan 11, 2013
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, an interesting, positive, compassionate outlook into the world.. I like it
So, are you from Tonga, or do you now live there?

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#2908 Jan 11, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Your arrogance of ignorance is staggering.
The only good thing about the people of your ilk, is you will never have control of the education system.
The education system is run by the indoctrinated with the sole purpose of indoctrinating the next generation of brainwashed Indoctrinated people.
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#2909 Jan 11, 2013
TOPIX IS THE ONLY PLACE ANYONE LISTENS OR GIVES COLIN THE TERRORIST THE TIME OF DAY

Poor guy! Topix is Colin's life! In real life, everyone knows Colin for the idiot he is and no one would bother even acknowledging him let alone actually engaging in discussion with him. So thank you everyone for helping to make Colin less isolated and a complete pariah.

#2910 Jan 11, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Science has established as a fact that Energy has never been created nor destroyed.
It has also established as a fact that everything in the universe is comprised of energy in various forms.
Yet your own myth (lie) says the laws of physics had to have been suspended for the mythical big bang to take place
BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#2911 Jan 11, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, the *nearest* stars are only a few light years away. Sirius, for example, is about 8.6 light years. Arcturus is about 37 light years, and Deneb is about 800 light years. The center of our galaxy is only about 25,000 light years away.
Now, if you want to talk about *galaxies*, then the nearest one visible to the unaided eye is about 160,000 light years away and the Andromeda Spiral is about 2.5 million light years away. The Andromeda galaxy is still visible without a telescope on a dark night.
Thank you for the clarification. So if the Andromeda Galaxy is 2.5 million light years away, then the Biblical Creation is false. Besides, the previous poster was claiming the world to be 6,000 years old. As you pointed out, the center of our galaxy is 25,000 light years away meaning our Galaxy must be more than 25,000 year old.

Great!!! Thanks for the help.

#2912 Jan 11, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet your own myth (lie) says the laws of physics had to have been suspended for the mythical big bang to take place
No laws of physics had to be suspended. Human understanding of what happened needs to be adjusted. This is routine for the scientific discovery process. Whether or not we find the Higgs Boson, the same will occur again, producing a newer better understanding of how the universe works.

Religion will not change as the result of anything, it will be as wrong as it ever was.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#2913 Jan 11, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the guy who believes the earth to be only 6,000 year old. ROTFLMAO

#2914 Jan 11, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the guy who believes the earth to be only 6,000 year old. ROTFLMAO
Yes YHVH God of Israel created the laws of physics at through same time he created nutters. What is the problem with that.
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#2915 Jan 11, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you have your facts out of wack...

What you state about energy is ITSELF law of physics..

This, along with all the other laws of physics began with the event known as the big bang..

Your understanding of the physics of energy begins is correct but it is not understood as predating the big bang itself, along with every other known law of physics..

#2916 Jan 11, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
No laws of physics had to be suspended. Human understanding of what happened needs to be adjusted. This is routine for the scientific discovery process. Whether or not we find the Higgs Boson, the same will occur again, producing a newer better understanding of how the universe works.
Religion will not change as the result of anything, it will be as wrong as it ever was.
Science nerds to changed because much of it is based on a myth (lie). When science is proved wrong the goal posts are moved, much like a child changing
the rules to suit himself.

If the laws of physics still stood prior to your big bang lie where was all the matter and energy prior to the big fizzer.

YHVH God of Israel does not need to change. He is full and complete.
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#2917 Jan 11, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
We'd first have to get people to understand that atheism is no more a belief system than not collecting stamps is a hobby.
As G.K Chesterton said..."The problem with ill-religion is not that people will believe in nothing its that they will believe in anything"

Certainly on a philisophical level it is possible for an atheist to adhere to any number of ethical, religious or socio-political worldviews..

As a pratical matter however, atheists tend ton be just as suseptable to geoupthink as other people..

The most horrible manifestation of this is their often ethical and moral relativism and penchant for rule utilitarianism.

This has been dramtized in the fact that the worlds expresslyatheistic regimes have been by far and away the most in-human and muderous. With Marxisms dialectical materalism being reponsible for 100 million dead.

#2918 Jan 11, 2013
Sorry 'needs, not 'nerds'

#2919 Jan 11, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you have your facts out of wack...
What you state about energy is ITSELF law of physics..
This, along with all the other laws of physics began with the event known as the big bang..
Your understanding of the physics of energy begins is correct but it is not understood as predating the big bang itself, along with every other known law of physics..
There is no reason to believe the laws of physics have ever been "suspended". This is your conjecture for which you have no supporting evidence.
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#2920 Jan 11, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no reason to believe the laws of physics have ever been "suspended". This is your conjecture for which you have no supporting evidence.
As a matter of fact, the scientific consensus for the orgins of the universe is what is popularly known as the "big bang " theory.

As a matter of scientific consensus this theory states that all matter, time &space and all laws of physics came into being 12 to 14 billion years ago.

"Before*" that time the laws of physics did not apply and there was no phyical material in the universe for them to apply to.

*"before" - is problematic language because not just space but time itslef came into eing at that point.

Now - You obviously have ALOT of reading to do ifyour going to bring yourself up speed on the state of scentif consensus on these issues.

Please dont take it as an offense if I stop responding to your ignoran assertios.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#2921 Jan 11, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
As a matter of fact, the scientific consensus for the orgins of the universe is what is popularly known as the "big bang " theory.
As a matter of scientific consensus this theory states that all matter, time &space and all laws of physics came into being 12 to 14 billion years ago.
"Before*" that time the laws of physics did not apply and there was no phyical material in the universe for them to apply to.
*"before" - is problematic language because not just space but time itslef came into eing at that point.
Now - You obviously have ALOT of reading to do ifyour going to bring yourself up speed on the state of scentif consensus on these issues.
Please dont take it as an offense if I stop responding to your ignoran assertios.
I just want to point out that Fritz is one of the few people that gets this stuff correct. The only modification I would make is that this is based on only on non-quantum theories of gravity. What happens when we mix quantum mechanics into the mix is not yet known.

#2922 Jan 11, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
All matter, time, space and laws of physics AS WE NOW UNDERSTAND THEM came into existence 12 to 14 years ago. There is no reason to believe they did not exist before that time. Most likely they were in a different form than what we now understand.
Fitz wrote:
No one knows what existed before the big bang because at the event of the big bang, the entire universe was pure energy. So what? That does not mean there were no natural laws, it just means we don't know what went on prior to that time. That does not prove your God dunnit with magic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 20 min MUQ1 21,505
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 31 min CunningLinguist 226,391
The Ultimate Evidence of God 3 hr CunningLinguist 65
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 9 hr Jaimie 57
The myth of the angry atheist 10 hr _Bad Company 1
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! 11 hr Patrick 7
100% Faith Free 12 hr CunningLinguist 14
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••