Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 135)

Showing posts 2,681 - 2,700 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh good the evidence word What evidence do you have.
I gave a link to an extensive analysis of the latest evidence.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not go to school???? Itw as taught in highschool.....OR DID YOU GET HOMESCHOOLED SO MISSED REAL EDUCATION???
My children are all homeschooled and receive a far better and well balanced education than any public school

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...thats certainly your problem... every thesis postulated has zero physical evience to prove its likleyhood by scientific principles..
These far fetched theories are all a grasping attempt to deny a inteligent creator of an intelligable universe..
Denial of a creator has nothing to do with it. Figuring out *exactly* what happened is the crux. Even if there was a 'creator', the question still remains of exactly how the creator did the creation and what happened after that creation. That is all in the realm of science. But we still need the theory of quantum gravity to understand it. String theory is one candidate for that theory, but it isn't the only one.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and prove your cult religions buybull BS..........Evolution has TONS AND TONS of science to back it up...All your buybull has is another buybull and lying religous freaks...
Been there done that but I am still waiting for proof if the 'tons and tons' of evidence for the myth (lie) of evolution
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
A new detractor welcome. Yes I easily taught the myth (lie) of evolution in school. I refused to be brainwashed and rejected it for the lie it is because there is no real evidence .
Ok...SO YOUR A MORON....

You side with the buybull which is man amde BS garabe from goat herders 2000 years ago......YOUR BRIANWASHED FOOL......
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
My children are all homeschooled and receive a far better and well balanced education than any public school
Then your kids are being left ebhind because your teaching them LIES FROM THE BUYBULL OVER FACT......Also noticed most homeschooeld kids are racist and bigoted and hate all others unlike them...So yea I FEEL SORRY FOR YOUR KIDS...
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't say there was no cause. I just said we don't know what it was. That does not mean "God dunnit with magic" that was the wrong answer for the Black Plague and it is the wrong answer now.
Magic is a deceptive trick done by an entertainer to fool an audience.

The world top physisits all are in agreement that the origins of the known universe, both time & space started at a precise date in our past and are grounded not in any laws of the physical universe but in a metaphysical (beyond physics) moment of creation.

Such metaphysical phenomena are popularly known as miracles.

Deal with it.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave a link to an extensive analysis of the latest evidence.
Were you involved in building the extensive models used to make the prediction. If so what data was used in the constructs? what preconceived information was used? How much presumption and speculation? If not you need to find out before posting it as fact.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there done that but I am still waiting for proof if the 'tons and tons' of evidence for the myth (lie) of evolution
OH PLEASE GIVE US PROOF OF YOUR FLYING SPACE JEW AND HIS MIGHTY BUYBULL AS FACT...This should be GREAT..........

EVOLUTION IS TAUGHT AT EVERY(RECOGNIZED) COLLEGE AND SCHOOL IN THE WORLD.....THAT IS THE FACT AND TRUTH MORON.......

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
What "big bounce" "multiverse" "baby universes" parrallell universes" and so many other grasping attempts to deny the obvious.
You have an effect without a cause. Intelligent people realize the most obvious answer is the correct one.
Add the athropic priciples to the big ban problem and you have the reason for a renewed and vigorous atheism... A death rattle..
The anthropic principle died long ago. And the universe is still expanding and was one in a hot, dense state that is accurately described by the Big Bang (more accurately, the LCDM) model.

And how does a deity answer any of the questions? Make a prediction, by using your hypothesis of a deity, to estimate the density fluctuations in the cosmic background radiation. You can't. The Big Bang theory can. Use your hypothesis to predict the abundances of hydrogen, helium, and lithium in the universe. You can't. But the Big Bang theory can. use your hypothesis of a creator to predict the size of the effect of Compton scattering off of electrons in the hot gases around galactic clusters. You can't. The Big Bang theory can.

In essence, the hypothesis of a deity says 'something that we don't know about did something that we can't understand and the universe popped into existence'. How is that any better than saying 'the universe popped into existence'? You propose an alternative that makes no actual predictions, explains no details, and provides no insight at all into the problems. What good is it?

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly feel sorry for them. You can't even use the spell checker.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok...SO YOUR A MORON....
You side with the buybull which is man amde BS garabe from goat herders 2000 years ago......YOUR BRIANWASHED FOOL......
That proves just how little you know about history.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you involved in building the extensive models used to make the prediction. If so what data was used in the constructs? what preconceived information was used? How much presumption and speculation? If not you need to find out before posting it as fact.
Again, read the article. It goes into all of that, with references.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Then your kids are being left ebhind because your teaching them LIES FROM THE BUYBULL OVER FACT......Also noticed most homeschooeld kids are racist and bigoted and hate all others unlike them...So yea I FEEL SORRY FOR YOUR KIDS...
Sorry i don't 'kids' I have children. They would far out weigh you intellectually.

I guess you don't know many homeschooled then.
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Denial of a creator has nothing to do with it. Figuring out *exactly* what happened is the crux. Even if there was a 'creator', the question still remains of exactly how the creator did the creation and what happened after that creation. That is all in the realm of science. But we still need the theory of quantum gravity to understand it. String theory is one candidate for that theory, but it isn't the only one.
Yes their are mutliple theories that try to account for the big bang, all of them strike me as scurilious and ridicoulously complex and far fetched post-hoc rationalizations.

NONE of them relly on any scientifically testable hypothesisor are grounded in empirical evidence.

Coupled with the failure to refute the anthropic principles it is not unreasonable for theists to assume that the modern atheistic mind is trying to avoid a valid explanation rather than embrace a positive explanation.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, I wasn't there. But something big happened then.
So you don't know how do you know that it happened at all.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
That proves just how little you know about history.
I know my History 10000000 time better then you..I use REAL history you sue a cult myth buybull....

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
The basic data is that from the cosmic microwave background radiation. It was collected over several years by the WMAP probe. The preconceived information was that the probe could accurately detect this radiation (tested on earth). The data was then subjected to analysis of its spherical harmonics and those compared to the predictions of a number of different models.

So, here's a challenge. based on your hypothesis of there being a creator, make a prediction about the nature of the angular fluctuations of the cosmic background radiation. You may use preliminary data to select your parameters and then use that to make fuller predictions. After you do, let's compare the results with those from the LCDM (Big Bang) scenario.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Science and facts are not cults....It ahs to be made up BS lies to be a cult...Evolution IS ROCK SOLID PROVEABLE FACT ,,,,,,,,,,
Ok you have made a claim now post this 'rock solid proveable fact'

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes their are mutliple theories that try to account for the big bang, all of them strike me as scurilious and ridicoulously complex and far fetched post-hoc rationalizations.
NONE of them relly on any scientifically testable hypothesisor are grounded in empirical evidence.
Coupled with the failure to refute the anthropic principles it is not unreasonable for theists to assume that the modern atheistic mind is trying to avoid a valid explanation rather than embrace a positive explanation.
Once again, how does having a creator serve to answer any of the questions in detail? Answer: it doesn't.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,681 - 2,700 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••