Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story
BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#2802 Jan 11, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
RIGHT BACK AT YE…………..Go read something and learn for yourself. You have idiots teaching you.…..
Yes the world is around 6000 years old, no problem. I have no issue with that at all, it is completely possible and 100% accurate.
Now let me explain one of the basic concepts of design in this case creation of the universe. YHVH God of Israel designed the universe just the way He wanted to. He put the stars and planets in the sky for us, so he put them so we could see them (as you quoted from scripture) light and all, no need to worry about the speed of light and the time it takes for light to reach the earth form the outermost reaches of the realm, that is the way it was designed.
I am very glad you quote scripture so I can correct your understanding of it. Lets revisit your quote form Genesis Ch 1, the Hebrew behind the English translation you quoted has the wording of spiritual day and night not physical light but spiritual light, you see no contradiction no problem.
How ever I was asking you for proof of your ultra long time scale form year 1 which was what, about 5 billion years ago, then go on to the puddle form which life was supposed to have sprung, then go on to the fish walking out of the pond and not needing gills to breath, then go on to explain the time frame for the bacterial flagellum to develop right up to day.
You are too stupid for words.

I already explained that the earth is atleast 4.5-5 billion years old according to the laws of astro-physics.

Your Book of Lies was written by pre-scientific man.

Even using The Book of Lies, the world would be at least as old as the nearest stars which are around 100,000 light years away which is absolute proof that your idea is false.

You sure worship a puny god.
tagit

UK

#2803 Jan 11, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting....can you please explain why the percentage of nonbelievers is growing and growing and growing?
You are in denial. You could call everybody an atheist once you set your mind to it.
tagit

UK

#2804 Jan 11, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism appeals to many people..Main reason is we like FREEDOM and hate being slaves...religion only offers slavery and unequality..
Yet you are a slave! Clearly the person who accepts science's dictums as an infallible guide will believe whatever science teaches.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#2805 Jan 11, 2013
tagit wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you are a slave! Clearly the person who accepts science's dictums as an infallible guide will believe whatever science teaches.
I am no slave at all...I BOW DOWN AND GROVEL TO NO ONE.......Science is fact and proveable also...RELIGION IS FAITH AND MYTH AND HAS NO PROOF.....I will stick with science thanks...GO BE A SLAVE...

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#2806 Jan 11, 2013
tagit wrote:
<quoted text>
But scientist don't consider science infallible, ever.

Science has confidence in scientific understanding in direct proportion to the amount of verifiable evidence available.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#2807 Jan 11, 2013
tagit wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in denial. You could call everybody an atheist once you set your mind to it.
Well, unless you believe that Shiva, Vishnu, and Brahma actually exist, then you are displaying an atheistic mindset where these deities are concerned.

I just happen to feel that way about 1 more deity than you do.
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#2808 Jan 11, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they do this because physics breaks down prior to the big bang.
physics dosent "breakdown" before the big bang... Physiscs postulates a point were the big bang defies all physcal laws...it is considered metaphysical...literaly a miracle.
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#2809 Jan 11, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
And now we are back to the "God of the Gaps" just because there are gaps in scientific knowledge, that does not mean that "God dunnit".
You ever hear of Ocam's Razor?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#2810 Jan 11, 2013
Fitz wrote:
You ever hear of Ocam's Razor?
Yes, first eliminate the most likely causes, then the cause that remains, no matter how unlikely, is the cause.

However, causes are something that have been proven to exist. Your God hasn't. All possible causes have not yet been eliminated or even discovered.

Also, a "Razor" is a rule, as in "a rule of thumb" it is not a law.

You've still got nothing.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#2811 Jan 11, 2013
BOOK OF LIES wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too stupid for words.
I already explained that the earth is atleast 4.5-5 billion years old according to the laws of astro-physics.
Your Book of Lies was written by pre-scientific man.
Even using The Book of Lies, the world would be at least as old as the nearest stars which are around 100,000 light years away which is absolute proof that your idea is false.
You sure worship a puny god.
Um, the *nearest* stars are only a few light years away. Sirius, for example, is about 8.6 light years. Arcturus is about 37 light years, and Deneb is about 800 light years. The center of our galaxy is only about 25,000 light years away.

Now, if you want to talk about *galaxies*, then the nearest one visible to the unaided eye is about 160,000 light years away and the Andromeda Spiral is about 2.5 million light years away. The Andromeda galaxy is still visible without a telescope on a dark night.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#2812 Jan 11, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
physics dosent "breakdown" before the big bang... Physiscs postulates a point were the big bang defies all physcal laws...it is considered metaphysical...literaly a miracle.
This is wrong. The difficulty is that general relativity predicts some physical quantities to go infinite at the beginning of the expansion. This is called a singularity in the equations. Typically, when this happens, the infinite quantity represents a place where that model breaks down and a new model is required.

Now, we *know* that general relativity does not incorporate quantum mechanics, so we *know* that the theory will break down due to quantum effects at some point. The problem is that we do no have a testable theory of quantum gravity at this point. So, the upshot is that we simply don't know what happens when the quantum gravity realm is reached. Among the possibilties obtained from proposed models: a previous, contracting universe that had a 'Big Bounce' ; a multiverse from which ours split off; or a 'rounded off' singularity where the relevant variables do not go infinite, but where time still starts at the Big Bang.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#2813 Jan 11, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
What an absurd thing to say. Do you think slavery is still of value? How about stoning people to death for minor offences.
The Torah does not call for Wyoming for minor offences. Maybe you need to actually read it before you comment.

#2814 Jan 11, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
The one that describes the universe expanding from a hot, dense state. You know, the one supported by the evidence.
http://arxiv.org/abs/1212.5226
Oh good the evidence word What evidence do you have.

#2815 Jan 11, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Why?
<quoted text>
Come on did you do the math yet, or is that above your ability level

#2816 Jan 11, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
He is in a cult?:D
No Adam I am not.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#2817 Jan 11, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, the *nearest* stars are only a few light years away. Sirius, for example, is about 8.6 light years. Arcturus is about 37 light years, and Deneb is about 800 light years. The center of our galaxy is only about 25,000 light years away.
Now, if you want to talk about *galaxies*, then the nearest one visible to the unaided eye is about 160,000 light years away and the Andromeda Spiral is about 2.5 million light years away. The Andromeda galaxy is still visible without a telescope on a dark night.
Proxima Centauri ~4.24 LY away

#2818 Jan 11, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. It is based on the buybull (bible), meaning no factual evidence.
So you have finally found the ability to spell Bible correctly well done. All you need to do now is read the truth.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#2819 Jan 11, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh good the evidence word What evidence do you have.
The fact the universe is expanding uniformly in every direction. It is bigger today than it was yesterday, at the observed rate of expansion, 18 billion years ago, it was a tiny little thing.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#2820 Jan 11, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
No Adam I am not.
All religions are cults....Simple as that...

#2821 Jan 11, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution: gradual adaptations played out over huge time spans.
Reality: that which is left when all the bullshit has been tossed. Like floating spotted sticks in your zebra's drinking water.
Your problem is not adaptations it is time. You don't have enough of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 42 min woodtick57 2,632
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 47 min Morse 180
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 51 min Morse 233,227
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 54 min Morse 5,963
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 9 hr Morse 23,279
faith & pride 10 hr geezerjock 1
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 12 hr _Bad Company 214
More from around the web