Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#2780 Jan 11, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
NO YOU CANNOTY DIVERT THIS TIME>
That was not the discussion, do you claim that you need the myth (lie) of evolution to participate in these sciences like the other posters do. That is the discussion
Adaptation is evolution. Change is all that it boils down to.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#2781 Jan 11, 2013
Thinking wrote:
That's my get out card. I used to asterisk out the "u", but it's better to asterisk out the "n", isn't it? I mean "l". ;)
<quoted text>
Point of interest, one of the greatest kings of England in Anglo Saxon times was King Cnut.

Cnut the great was King of Denmark, England, Norway and parts of Sweden.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cnut_the_Great

Of course, not to cause hilarity in the classroom he is referred to as "Canute".

Earth,TX

#2782 Jan 11, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Think again it is not a story it is in fact an accurate account of the creation of the human race.
I will make a presumption here then set you a test, I presume you are capable of basic mathematics (hopefully I am right) ok now calculated the population of the world based on the myth (lie) of evolution taking into account the normal population model, then do the same for the creation account. If you are honest enough to do so then your results may just shock you, if you are not then your results will not.
It is just one of many stories, all equally impossible, and all equally silly.

Imagine a god actually reduced to the joke the bible makes of him.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#2783 Jan 11, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
RIGHT BACK AT YE…………..Go read something and learn for yourself. You have idiots teaching you.…..
Yes the world is around 6000 years old, no problem. I have no issue with that at all, it is completely possible and 100% accurate.
No, it is sheer insanity.
Now let me explain one of the basic concepts of design in this case creation of the universe. YHVH God of Israel designed the universe just the way He wanted to. He put the stars and planets in the sky for us, so he put them so we could see them (as you quoted from scripture) light and all, no need to worry about the speed of light and the time it takes for light to reach the earth form the outermost reaches of the realm, that is the way it was designed.
So he created the light already on its journey to correctly reveal the stars and galaxies? How is that any different than Last Thursdayism?
How ever I was asking you for proof of your ultra long time scale form year 1 which was what, about 5 billion years ago, then go on to the puddle form which life was supposed to have sprung, then go on to the fish walking out of the pond and not needing gills to breath, then go on to explain the time frame for the bacterial flagellum to develop right up to day.
The 'ultra long' timescale of about 13.7 billion years for the universe and about 4.5 billion years for the earth are established in a variety of ways. The number for the earth is mostly done using radioactive decay of long-lived isotopes. For the universe at large, the age is determined by fitting against the cosmic background radiation. The earliest life we have found on earth was about 3.8 billion years ago. Eucaryotic life started about 2 billion years ago, when the oxygen level in the atmosphere rose. Multi-cellular life was certainly around by about 700 million years ago (but it might go earlier). All of this is in the fossil record.

There are many 'transitional' forms showing how the transition from water to land could have happened (as well as fossils showing the creatures that lived through this transition). In particular, many fish and amphibians are quite able to 'breath' through their skin. many fish have swim bladders that help with the capture of oxygen and are ancestors of our lungs.

Bacterial flagella were derived from a secretory system. I don't know the timing of that, but I could look it up if you really want.

Earth,TX

#2784 Jan 11, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you have a serious problem as there is no such thing as the "fact" of evolution it is best known as the myth (lie) of evolution. If you have any real proof that evolution is a fact post it here, I have been asking since page 1 of this thread and no one has, if you have that 100% verifiable proof that 100% proves evolution is not a myth (lie) then be brave and post it. If not be like the rest and back away, and loose.
You deny change, you deny adaptation?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#2785 Jan 11, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Poly, in my lab, we postulate physics to disprove anthropomorphic universes and have managed to separate the strong anthropic principle from the weak big quantum bang theory. And, in the doing, we have determined that God = 2.0192756e34we, while Buddha = 8, therefore demonstrating that rum - dark, mind you, at least 7 years old, mainly Cuban - is among the most enjoyable beverages to be had with cigars (again, preferably Cuban).
Yes, that's right. Plug that into your equations, physics boi!
Hi HFY! Good work at that lab! Keep it up!

Earth,TX

#2786 Jan 11, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Around here you have to get use to the lack of any well constructed logic argument form the supporters of the myth (lie) of evolution.
We know, change is myth, and a god who would make you eat your children is reality.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#2787 Jan 11, 2013
I used to call Tony Blair King Cnut because he would over legislate and then look surprised when the country carried on as before, ignoring him completely. Remember when we were meant to nurse half a lager for eight hours?(aka European cafe culture)

I'm being unfair to Cnut, of course. King Cnut knew he wasn't able to control the tides, he was simply calling out his sycophants.
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Point of interest, one of the greatest kings of England in Anglo Saxon times was King Cnut.
Cnut the great was King of Denmark, England, Norway and parts of Sweden.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cnut_the_Great
Of course, not to cause hilarity in the classroom he is referred to as "Canute".
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#2788 Jan 11, 2013
I've got some very nice port that needs to collide with us at high speed.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Poly, in my lab, we postulate physics to disprove anthropomorphic universes and have managed to separate the strong anthropic principle from the weak big quantum bang theory. And, in the doing, we have determined that God = 2.0192756e34we, while Buddha = 8, therefore demonstrating that rum - dark, mind you, at least 7 years old, mainly Cuban - is among the most enjoyable beverages to be had with cigars (again, preferably Cuban).
Yes, that's right. Plug that into your equations, physics boi!

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#2789 Jan 11, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi HFY! Good work at that lab! Keep it up!
Hello young man! Great to read you again :)

I miss you lots and lots and hope you're getting an equal amount of sex to my koshii.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#2790 Jan 11, 2013
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I only just became aware of that lol. I came here thinking I understood atheism, to find its as broad as a new word I just added to my small vocabulary, theism. I'm not sure if one can argue against something so broad.
We've both learned that one can't paint with too broad a brush when we speak of anything concerning the human condition. Diversity IS;0)

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#2791 Jan 11, 2013
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess maybe your branch of atheism is the part that admits it as a conclusion, the others I can't say, so I take back what I said by using atheism as a whole. I think there is a philosophy of science in that it 'should' deal with things in the physical and material world and in some cases it uses a little metaphysics. So for me science is way of thinking. E.g to use evidence to back up theories.
Thirty years is a long time, and sounds like quite a journey. Well, I hope you find a peace of mind in where you are now :).

1. I do NOT belong to a 'branch' of atheism, I'm sure there are others who think loosely along the same lines that I do. Since I haven't spoken to them and quite possibly never will we are not a
cohesive group. I have only ever chatted with one person in depth and we found that we agreed on most of our perspectives....I think he's from Canada but we didn't exchange names. It was another site and years ago.

2. Science should deal with the measurable physical world.

3. It's been quite a party so far, I've had too much fun to be considered legal and enjoyed peace of mind the entire way.
tagit

UK

#2794 Jan 11, 2013
insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
What does science know of the destiny of man? It could tell you more about things that don't matter, like the sex life of a fruit fly, or how many invisible particles make up the nucleus of an atom.
Atheism has no appeal, it has nothing to offer the masses other than disbelief, which is why it has never gained a strong foothold in societies and will ultimately fail as a viable alternative to religious belief.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#2795 Jan 11, 2013
As religion fades into history. We normal sane people can cheer that soon the hate and racism and bigotry and violence of religion will be also history..
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#2796 Jan 11, 2013
In your world, truth sucks.
tagit wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism has no appeal, it has nothing to offer the masses other than disbelief, which is why it has never gained a strong foothold in societies and will ultimately fail as a viable alternative to religious belief.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#2797 Jan 11, 2013
tagit wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism appeals to many people..Main reason is we like FREEDOM and hate being slaves...religion only offers slavery and unequality..

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#2798 Jan 11, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes instead of you dictating to atheists what they are perhaps you should actually listen to an atheist?
Feel free to change screen names again.
<quoted text>
LOL! What a novel idea!

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#2799 Jan 11, 2013
tagit wrote:
<quoted text>

Interesting....can you please explain why the percentage of nonbelievers is growing and growing and growing?
Lincoln

United States

#2800 Jan 11, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting....can you please explain why the percentage of nonbelievers is growing and growing and growing?
About 20% of US secularist.- The Economist

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#2801 Jan 11, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
The worlds most prominant physisits have had to postulate "multiverses", parrallel universis" and "worm hole producing baby universis" all to try an refute the clear implication of the anthropic principles.
The statistical imporbability of mutiple life producing phenomina reduiguires a better explanantion than Adams..."well were here so I guess its no big deal" - non answer.
FYI - I dont axpect you to answer this querry, I am just demonstrating that many juvinile atheists have a hard time excepting that genuine intellectual challanges abound for their zelous lack of belief.
And now we are back to the "God of the Gaps" just because there are gaps in scientific knowledge, that does not mean that "God dunnit".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 28 min feces for jesus 230,118
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 53 min Richardfs 23,004
Atheist because of art class 1 hr AtheistBodybuilde... 1
Does Being 'Spiritual But Not Religious' Really... 2 hr Thinking 6
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr Richardfs 1,404
Islam for peace, or violence? 4 hr Thinking 54
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 4 hr Thinking 92
Our world came from nothing? 12 hr Thinking 1,061

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE