Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#2738 Jan 10, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Jewish fundies can be worse than Christian fundies. I wonder if he use those special tools for dialing phones on the sabbath.
Instead of wondering why don't you just ask me.
Lincoln

United States

#2739 Jan 10, 2013
Tiny Tim-- "God bless us, every one!"

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#2740 Jan 10, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
That only proves how little you know about the subject.
I know enough. Basically, you guys believe the gospels, but replace the name "Jesus" with "Yehoshua". Your religion teaches that the "Jesus" taught by main-stream Christianity is not the same person talked about in the gospels. The main issue centers around the OT laws. Are they still valid, or not?

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

#2741 Jan 10, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
I like to practice humanism when I've got the time, inclination and wherewithall. I suppose my only belief in humanism is that if we help one another, many may benefit....is that a belief or a hope? It's certainly not a surety.
If you agree with 'no belief' and 'doctrine' I will have no frame of reference re my personal experience and I can't speak for those I don't know.
This humanism sounds interesting..

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#2742 Jan 10, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Jewish fundies can be worse than Christian fundies. I wonder if he use those special tools for dialing phones on the sabbath.
They are a type of Christian, in that they believe the figure in the gospels is the Messiah, and they are fundies in that they believe the whole buy-bull is literally true.

#2743 Jan 10, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
They are a type of Christian, in that they believe the figure in the gospels is the Messiah, and they are fundies in that they believe the whole buy-bull is literally true.
No we are not types of christians. And you never did explain why I need to buy a bull

#2744 Jan 10, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I know enough. Basically, you guys believe the gospels, but replace the name "Jesus" with "Yehoshua". Your religion teaches that the "Jesus" taught by main-stream Christianity is not the same person talked about in the gospels. The main issue centers around the OT laws. Are they still valid, or not?
We don't replace the name, we use the correct name as he would have been called while he was here on earth. Yes the Torah is still value as I already said that

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#2745 Jan 10, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they are YHVH God of Israel never changes nor does his Torah.
Your deity has changed throughout history, depending on the contemporary cultural interpretation.

#2747 Jan 10, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Your deity has changed throughout history, depending on the contemporary cultural interpretation.
Why are you hiding from Mr

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#2748 Jan 11, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you hiding from Mr
I'm hiding from Mr.? Who's Mr? Some scary guy I should hide from?

I'm Hidingfromyou!

#2750 Jan 11, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm hiding from Mr.? Who's Mr? Some scary guy I should hide from?
I'm Hidingfromyou!
Hood on ye keep it up.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#2751 Jan 11, 2013
The video shows how suggestible believers are and how repetition enforces suggestibility.

It's "Led", btw.
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
The lie according to, suggestive thought by Lead Zeppelin , I fail to see what this has to do with the correct name of the Messiah.
Unless you are discussing indoctrination by the myth (lie) of evolution teachers, yes that is it you have fallen for their lie and are trying to demonstrate just how gullible you are. Good for you.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#2752 Jan 11, 2013
BS.
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Think again it is not a story it is in fact an accurate account of the creation of the human race.
I will make a presumption here then set you a test, I presume you are capable of basic mathematics (hopefully I am right) ok now calculated the population of the world based on the myth (lie) of evolution taking into account the normal population model, then do the same for the creation account. If you are honest enough to do so then your results may just shock you, if you are not then your results will not.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#2753 Jan 11, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hood on ye keep it up.
Uh...you too.

;)
worldview

Timisoara, Romania

#2754 Jan 11, 2013

#2755 Jan 11, 2013
Thinking wrote:
The video shows how suggestible believers are and how repetition enforces suggestibility.
It's "Led", btw.
<quoted text>
Don't really care how they spell it not my kind if music. What it showed is just how easily you were brainwashed by the myth (lie) of evolution.

#2756 Jan 11, 2013
Thinking wrote:
BS.
<quoted text>
Yes it is Brilliant Science. Did you do the maths yet I am waiting for your answers.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#2757 Jan 11, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't really care how they spell it not my kind if music. What it showed is just how easily you were brainwashed by the myth (lie) of evolution.
Only an uneducated person would claim that evolution is a lie. You have been misled by religious lies and you're too ignorant to know better.

Your opinion is utterly ignored by science. We don't care what you think and we still produce science that you can reap the benefits of.

If you believe in the silly creation stories of some mythological book, you're living in the past. I feel sorry for you and hope you haven't taught any children your ridiculous myths.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#2758 Jan 11, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the Torah is still value as I already said that
What an absurd thing to say. Do you think slavery is still of value? How about stoning people to death for minor offences.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#2759 Jan 11, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
I enjoy and support secularism.
Alas Easter Break will be celebrated by Public Schools as was Christmas. One or two weeks off.
Separation of Church and State in a largely Christian country, is a bit of a myth?
We've had a slow erosion of our pure secularist roots ever since we became a country --

March 4, 1789 - secular U.S. government established.

June 7, 1797 -“The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion”~ unanimously approved by the Senate and signed by President John Adams

1863 - President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed a national day of Thanksgiving

1870 - Christmas was declared a federal holiday by Congress

1881 - Chester A. Arthur swearing in ceremony is the first documented response of "so help me god" (not a part of the official oath of office).

1890 - "The Bible and the Church have been the greatest stumbling blocks in the way of women's emancipation." ~ Elizabeth Cady Stanton

April 17, 1952 - President Harry S. Truman signed a bill proclaiming a National Day of Prayer must be declared by each following president at an appropriate date of his choice.(In 1988, the law was amended so that the National Day of Prayer would be held on the first Thursday of May.)

June 14, 1954 - "god" was added to the pledge, changing us from “one nation indivisible” into one nation divided by god.

July 30, 1956 - "god" was added as our national motto and officially put on our money (I still prefer "e pluribus unum" - out of many we become one).

August 27, 1987 –“No, I don't know that atheists should be regarded as citizens, nor should they be regarded as patriotic. This is one nation under God.”~ George H. W. Bush

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min waaasssuuup 230,163
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr I can read 23,006
Evidence for God! 2 hr Uncle Sam 3
Does Being 'Spiritual But Not Religious' Really... 6 hr Thinking 8
Atheist because of art class 11 hr AtheistBodybuilde... 1
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 12 hr Richardfs 1,404
Islam for peace, or violence? 14 hr Thinking 54
Our world came from nothing? 22 hr Thinking 1,061

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE